IMG_9549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9548 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
20230917_181138 (resized).jpg
IMG_7774 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1693418034252 (resized).jpg

There are 3,603 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 73.
#3401 6 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I did not know it includes the yearly sub.
Thanks for the clarification.

it was easy to miss as it was the last thing at the very bottom of the preorder page.

#3402 6 months ago

I ordered a PGA Deluxe with stand. I think they sent the wrong cabinet. Can anyone with a deluxe confirm?

E30B661C-34FB-4FB5-B1E3-1E07F116EE10 (resized).jpegE30B661C-34FB-4FB5-B1E3-1E07F116EE10 (resized).jpegE78A0D3E-F2A5-4ECB-81E3-26B727701D98 (resized).jpegE78A0D3E-F2A5-4ECB-81E3-26B727701D98 (resized).jpegF2414BF6-3EC7-4B20-9C40-772662DEB0DA (resized).jpegF2414BF6-3EC7-4B20-9C40-772662DEB0DA (resized).jpegF52D9A19-E7B0-4C41-B3C5-A2EB1CBBE314 (resized).jpegF52D9A19-E7B0-4C41-B3C5-A2EB1CBBE314 (resized).jpeg
#3403 6 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I ordered a PGA Deluxe with stand. I think they sent the wrong cabinet. Can anyone with a deluxe confirm?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is the wrong cabinet. When you take the plate off, there should be a hole just like the other side.

#3404 6 months ago

Dang. That’s what I thought.

805FE3A8-CEE8-46D0-8C96-E8B9CA73A8CF (resized).jpeg805FE3A8-CEE8-46D0-8C96-E8B9CA73A8CF (resized).jpeg8EA2F613-1AA5-49EF-8601-F405E1483EA0 (resized).jpeg8EA2F613-1AA5-49EF-8601-F405E1483EA0 (resized).jpeg
#3405 6 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Dang. That’s what I thought.
[quoted image][quoted image]

And the IT sheet show continues....thats a bummer.....
Hope IT or your distributor makes it right quickly.

#3406 6 months ago

I pre ordered the upgrade.

However, I think it’s insane that if you aren’t on the most current version you can’t earn items anymore.

Even now, home edition owners can’t earn points because the home edition upgrade isn’t out yet and we aren’t on the latest version.

#3407 6 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I pre ordered the upgrade.
However, I think it’s insane that if you aren’t on the most current version you can’t earn items anymore.
Even now, home edition owners can’t earn points because the home edition upgrade isn’t out yet and we aren’t on the latest version.

You might still be earning them if you check your progress on the app. Before the season switched over I went to a commercial unit and played the 2023/2024 update and it would show 0 on the screen but on my app I was still earning points.

Even more annoying I finished in 4th place on a target rush contest and I should have been paid out money for it and I never got paid. I've contacted them on facebook on the quality assurance page and just got a canned response that they'll look into it. You think they would take it seriously when they owe people money...

#3408 6 months ago

Any of you guys have the coin-op versions? I have one pin and a vid out at a local place. They have interest in Golden Tee as well. I see to go new PGA machine with TV looks like upper 5k-6 range.

What are the options if I were to grab say a 2021 live machine and try to upgrade? How far back can you go and upgrade to the new stuff?

#3409 6 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Any of you guys have the coin-op versions? I have one pin and a vid out at a local place. They have interest in Golden Tee as well. I see to go new PGA machine with TV looks like upper 5k-6 range.
What are the options if I were to grab say a 2021 live machine and try to upgrade? How far back can you go and upgrade to the new stuff?

You can upgrade from pretty much any year. They charge an extra $50 per year that you are out of date but there is a hard cap on the cost. I wouldn't get a machine that is older than 2016 or so because the hardware might be pretty outdated at this point.

It would be best to look for a machine that is already commercial because switching between commercial and home machines is an extra cost and requires a new chip.

#3410 6 months ago

Legacy is being phased out. In a year or two online support is going to be very minimal with no events, new features or new courses. Also it's already happening, but resale value is going to tank. Nobody is going to be paying $2.5K+ for offline golden tee machines.

Also, if there are any serious players in the area, they won't touch it as they need all those features.

Get the PGA.

Quoted from DudeRegular:

#3411 6 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Legacy is being phased out. In a year or two online support is going to be very minimal with no events, new features or new courses. Also it's already happening, but resale value is going to tank. Nobody is going to be paying $2.5K+ for offline golden tee machines.
Also, if there are any serious players in the area, they won't touch it as they need all those features.
Get the PGA.

Yeah +1 on this. Especially with the world championship being played on PGA and the legacy machines not getting the remastered courses anymore the value of the legacy is just going to keep going down.

#3412 6 months ago

Unfortunately not.

Quoted from Anony:

You might still be earning them if you check your progress on the app. Before the season switched over I went to a commercial unit and played the 2023/2024 update and it would show 0 on the screen but on my app I was still earning points.
Even more annoying I finished in 4th place on a target rush contest and I should have been paid out money for it and I never got paid. I've contacted them on facebook on the quality assurance page and just got a canned response that they'll look into it. You think they would take it seriously when they owe people money...

#3413 6 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Are the interested parties hardcore GT players?
If they are casual- an older Legacy machine might be acceptable, but as others have stated- only being updated for a few more years and those updates will not have all courses available on a PGA.
If they are hardcore players and will commit to spending coin on your machine, might consider the PGA.

#3414 6 months ago

Thanks for the feedback. I am not sure on the players to be honest. A couple I would describe as casuals who like "that golf arcade game", but the owner said a couple regulars asked him specifically about golden tee.

#3415 6 months ago

How annoying would it be if you put in a legacy and those same couple of regulars start asking the owner why the old Golden Tee was installed?

Quoted from DudeRegular:

Thanks for the feedback. I am not sure on the players to be honest. A couple I would describe as casuals who like "that golf arcade game", but the owner said a couple regulars asked him specifically about golden tee.

#3416 6 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

How annoying would it be if you put in a legacy and those same couple of regulars start asking the owner why the old Golden Tee was installed?

Probably as annoying if he sepnt 6K on a new PGA for a couple guys that will play casual once a week.

#3417 6 months ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Probably as annoying if he sepnt 6K on a new PGA for a couple guys that will play casual once a week.

Ya my one stern pro hasn't even hit a hundred bucks after a month...

#3418 6 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Ya my one stern pro hasn't even hit a hundred bucks after a month...

Ouch...

#3419 6 months ago

Ya on a pin, its not a big deal if it doesn't work out. I have a nice low play pro game that I can trade or sell and not be out a ton of cash. I also have a nice pac-man in there that should sell again for decent money. How does a new PGA cab look resale wise? Legit question, as I don't see the new cabs being sold second hand in coin-op form, likely because they are out on location earning.

#3420 6 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Ya on a pin, its not a big deal if it doesn't work out. I have a nice low play pro game that I can trade or sell and not be out a ton of cash. I also have a nice pac-man in there that should sell again for decent money. How does a new PGA cab look resale wise? Legit question, as I don't see the new cabs being sold second hand in coin-op form, likely because they are out on location earning.

When PGA first released there was a handful of machines that went up for sale second hand because the operators said people didn't want to play it and were only playing legacy but the mindset has changed quite a bit since then. People are now accepting the PGA machines as the de facto version, especially since they are the only ones on the newest update for another 3 weeks and a reduction in content to the legacy machines has been made public.

If your time horizon is the next few years and not short term I'd seriously look at getting a PGA machine rather than the legacy one.

#3421 6 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

When PGA first released there was a handful of machines that went up for sale second hand because the operators said people didn't want to play it and were only playing legacy but the mindset has changed quite a bit since then. People are now accepting the PGA machines as the de facto version, especially since they are the only ones on the newest update for another 3 weeks and a reduction in content to the legacy machines has been made public.
If your time horizon is the next few years and not short term I'd seriously look at getting a PGA machine rather than the legacy one.

Or pay half price and get a legacy machine

#3422 6 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I would see how serious GT players they are before investing in a PGA.
Ask them if they login using the key pad and/or have a player account.

#3423 6 months ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Or pay half price and get a legacy machine

yeah it's really going to depend on what the return can be. The PGA is way overpriced and I doubt it would get significantly more plays than a legacy machine in the short term, but in two years it definitely will be getting more plays.

#3424 6 months ago

Other - For Sale
“Purchased NIB 6 months ago, single owner w/ very low plays. Never routed. Includes everything you see pictured... super nice arcade monitor, interactive RGB LEDS etc... Includes W...”
2023-08-28
Buffalo, NY
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 128 times
If anybody is looking to switch teams I have a 6 month old, HUO super low plays Big Buck Hunter mini online ($7895 MSRP at Flipnout) with Wild pack 2 ($999) meaning you get all the animals without the $40 monthly sub.

Looking to trade for PGA home, standard or deluxe with or without monitor.

Thanks!

#3425 6 months ago

Can someone with the new PGA deluxe can tell me how to install this? Doesn’t seem like the right part.

1DD9BB36-20C3-4334-9018-6F10B77A8D4C (resized).jpeg1DD9BB36-20C3-4334-9018-6F10B77A8D4C (resized).jpeg9129429F-D074-4436-A283-D8CD72BFB8D6 (resized).jpeg9129429F-D074-4436-A283-D8CD72BFB8D6 (resized).jpegAEF7D4E5-3349-4141-A728-99C4C8178EA8 (resized).jpegAEF7D4E5-3349-4141-A728-99C4C8178EA8 (resized).jpegD2BCABF4-A17A-4B51-B2EE-0DD424CFACB0 (resized).jpegD2BCABF4-A17A-4B51-B2EE-0DD424CFACB0 (resized).jpegDB3041AB-647E-4A1E-B509-06A8FE2D1BF7 (resized).jpegDB3041AB-647E-4A1E-B509-06A8FE2D1BF7 (resized).jpeg

#3426 6 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Other - For Sale

Big Buck Hunter - Mini online with upgrades

Archived

“Purchased NIB 6 months ago, single owner w/ very low plays. Never routed. Includes everything you see pictured... super nice arcade monitor, interactive RGB LEDS etc...

Includes W...”

2023-08-28

Buffalo, NY
(472 mi)

GorillaBiscuits

Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 128 times

If anybody is looking to switch teams I have a 6 month old, HUO super low plays Big Buck Hunter mini online ($7895 MSRP at Flipnout) with Wild pack 2 ($999) meaning you get all the animals without the $40 monthly sub.
Looking to trade for PGA home, standard or deluxe with or without monitor.
Thanks!

Not to hijack your FS post, I'll get to hear your screen name at Riot Fest Chicago this year.

FB_IMG_1693418034252 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1693418034252 (resized).jpg
#3427 6 months ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Not to hijack your FS post, I'll get to hear your screen name at Riot Fest Chicago this year. [quoted image]

Heck yeah! They never disappoint. Can't beat a bill with GB and The Cure haha. My buddy's band (snapcase) is playing as well, looks like a stacked lineup!

#3428 6 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone with the new PGA deluxe can tell me how to install this? Doesn’t seem like the right part.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

IT really provides excellent directions. I had the same question.

I have the glossy side showing as it looks much better.

Then I put the side with one opening and two screw holes at the top (next to the TV).

IMG_7774 (resized).jpegIMG_7774 (resized).jpeg
#3429 6 months ago

I talked to IT about this panel. It’s shaped strangely because they changed the design of the stand and never changed this panel. They said they would look into cutting a panel that fits well.

Such a strange way to handle things. Redesign the stand but not redesign this panel…

I’ll post back if I end up getting a different panel.

#3430 5 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I talked to IT about this panel. It’s shaped strangely because they changed the design of the stand and never changed this panel. They said they would look into cutting a panel that fits well.
Such a strange way to handle things. Redesign the stand but not redesign this panel…
I’ll post back if I end up getting a different panel.

INCREDIBLE!!!

(This is how we make fun of IT on the FB pages- not making fun of your problem with IT's 'poorly redesigned' product.)

1 week later
#3431 5 months ago

I’m not sending invites this week due to the new version Monday.

I’ll resume on the 21st.

#3432 5 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I’m not sending invites this week due to the new version Monday.
I’ll resume on the 21st.

Invites??? What are these invites you speak of.

New to golden tee here.

#3433 5 months ago

I have the upgrade coming on the 18th as well. Probably won't get it until late in the week. Then I'm back in for hte contests. My tournament schedule is finally done for the year.

#3434 5 months ago

Clubs and balls are being updated on the 18th. They're cutting the distance for stouts and making some other changes I'm not sure about

#3435 5 months ago

Every week I send out a couple of invites, just for fun not money (though they do cost $0.50/ea) There are 7 or 8 of us. You obviously don't have to play every week, but you do have to accept the invites every week. Unless everyone accepts, nobody can play.

You would have to be on 23-24 to play.

Let me know if I should add you to the list.

Also, anybody on the list that isn't upgrading? I'm pretty sure you need to be current to play invites.

Quoted from NightTrain:

Invites??? What are these invites you speak of.
New to golden tee here.

#3436 5 months ago

Nice.

Quoted from TronGuy:

I have the upgrade coming on the 18th as well. Probably won't get it until late in the week. Then I'm back in for hte contests. My tournament schedule is finally done for the year.

#3437 5 months ago

jalpert I’m not planning to update. Usually do every other year. If you want to do a trial tourney after you upgrade to test compatibility I’m happy to be the guinea pig. Especially after letting the group down last week (family emergency at the homefront; GT completely slipped my mind. sorry everybody!) My first and last offense. Maybe literally if you can’t play sans the latest version.

#3438 5 months ago

Is it possible and what does it cost to upgrade from 2018 to present?

#3439 5 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Also, anybody on the list that isn't upgrading? I'm pretty sure you need to be current to play invites.

I'm holding off for now, have a bunch of pinball deals in progress and free time/money is in short supply. I'll probably update sometime in October, I'll let you know when. (take Claudia aka "Cloudycakes" off the list for now too)

When we start back up I'd vote for going down to one invite per week. It's tough to find time for one, and quite rare when we've been able to do two. But if everyone else wants to keep doing 2x that's cool, we'll still be in.

#3440 5 months ago

I'm certainly up for trying, trying is free after all.

Quoted from wdbthree:

jalpert I’m not planning to update. Usually do every other year. If you want to do a trial tourney after you upgrade to test compatibility I’m happy to be the guinea pig. Especially after letting the group down last week (family emergency at the homefront; GT completely slipped my mind. sorry everybody!) My first and last offense. Maybe literally if you can’t play sans the latest version.

I could always just send you 1 of the 2 if we are split on the number, not sure how everyone feels but it would be easy to accommodate.

Quoted from VALIS666:

I'm holding off for now, have a bunch of pinball deals in progress and free time/money is in short supply. I'll probably update sometime in October, I'll let you know when. (take Claudia aka "Cloudycakes" off the list for now too)
When we start back up I'd vote for going down to one invite per week. It's tough to find time for one, and quite rare when we've been able to do two. But if everyone else wants to keep doing 2x that's cool, we'll still be in.

#3441 5 months ago

did invites go out this week? After last week was cancelled I havent seen it. Im finally done with life getting in the way and will have time to play these each weekend.

#3442 5 months ago

Invites went out last week, but the game didn't start. Which might have been the first time that happened. But life happens.

invites aren't going out this week because 23-24 comes out on Monday and that would cut things short, not sure how it would work etc.

invites will go out on 9/21

Quoted from mbrave77:

did invites go out this week? After last week was cancelled I havent seen it. Im finally done with life getting in the way and will have time to play these each weekend.

#3443 5 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Every week I send out a couple of invites, just for fun not money (though they do cost $0.50/ea) There are 7 or 8 of us. You obviously don't have to play every week, but you do have to accept the invites every week. Unless everyone accepts, nobody can play.
You would have to be on 23-24 to play.
Let me know if I should add you to the list.

Sounds good. I’m in. I’ll have the 23-24 game. Shoot me an invite please!

#3444 5 months ago

How can i check if i have the 23-24 game? Ive had the pga version less than a year.

#3445 5 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

How can i check if i have the 23-24 game? Ive had the pga version less than a year.

You'll probably have to pay for the update unless you bought your machine within the last few months. You'll have to contact IT to confirm but if you wait until monday when the update releases you could just try going to the download menu and see if it lets you download it.

I'm not 100% sure what happens if you try to download without paying yet though, hopefully it doesn't update and then lock you out until you upgrade.

#3446 5 months ago

Ok thanks. If i dont buy it i just cant play those courses right?

#3447 5 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok thanks. If i dont buy it i just cant play those courses right?

yeah you can keep playing on an older version but some of the online features might not work, like invites, and you won't have the new courses.

#3448 5 months ago

Going to order the 23 24 update anyone have a coupon code ? Thanks.

#3449 5 months ago
Quoted from goodtimes:

Going to order the 23 24 update anyone have a coupon code ? Thanks.

Where will you be ordering from? I asked the same question above, but never received an answer.

#3450 5 months ago

IT website, you'll have to enter your cab I D # for a price. I did ask my friend that's a distributor and he said IT doesn't give him any breaks or deals .

There are 3,603 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/69?hl=nascarrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.