17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 74.
#3001 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Looks great. Can the GO play in events/tournaments? If so that's pretty awesome... and do I see a real golf simulator in the background? Very cool setup!

Yeah it's a gold sim. Lots of golf going on around here. haha

Quoted from jalpert:

You can if you get a home edition security chip, hard drive, and most likely you need a CID.

good to know. I didn't know if I could or not.

#3002 1 year ago

Just got online, holy heck...Super fun...I love what they've done

#3003 1 year ago

Sorry. Missed this. Maybe next week!

Quoted from TronGuy:

lets do another invite tomorrow for monday-wednesday, and then a weekend one?

#3004 1 year ago

Invites sent.

Less people this time, I hope it's the time of year not that I missed some people. Because we need everyone to accept, I'm only including people who specifically say they cay play that week.

#3005 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Invites sent.
Less people this time, I hope it's the time of year not that I missed some people. Because we need everyone to accept, I'm only including people who specifically say they cay play that week.

I (and my wife, thanks for inviting her) were just about to accept both, but I forget the reasoning behind two tourneys. Is that if you want to play in two this weekend, or was there a reason to accept one and not the other? I see you're just in one of the two, the one named Pinside 3.1.

#3006 1 year ago

Lots of new people here it seems so I'll mention this for people who want to learn. The Mouth just did a 3 hour stream last night and he was on fire after having a few weeks off. If you want to learn techniques this is the stream to watch, he was explaining every shot and going into lots of detail on techniques.

#3007 1 year ago

Playing two rounds this week.

If that's one too many we can go back to one.

Quoted from VALIS666:

I (and my wife, thanks for inviting her) were just about to accept both, but I forget the reasoning behind two tourneys. Is that if you want to play in two this weekend, or was there a reason to accept one and not the other? I see you're just in one of the two, the one named Pinside 3.1.

#3008 1 year ago

I don't know what's going on. Tried to send the second one twice, and it acts like it's going but it's not there...

I'll keep trying.

#3009 1 year ago

There it goes...

EDIT: Now there are multiple.....

Feel free not to accept the second one (or do) and we can try that again next week.

#3010 1 year ago

do they refund the .50 if we don't play? I accepted 2 so far, and paid. I can accept the new ones, I don't care. I will play them all.

#3011 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

do they refund the .50 if we don't play? I accepted 2 so far, and paid. I can accept the new ones, I don't care. I will play them all.

IT...refund? hahah, must be joking!

But for real, no you don't get refunded even if IT fucks up and has to reset things or makes the invites unplayable. When they had their server outage for example a lot of people lost money on the contests they were not able to complete and it was radio silence from IT.

Also if you have open invites and there is a patch you will potentially lose your money if you don't close out the invite before the patch. At least in those cases they try to send warnings on facebook and through the app which courses will be affected.

#3012 1 year ago

I’m going to accept them all as well (though I think the issue is I started some without me included)

I’ll eat the dollar if I have to

#3013 1 year ago

Who is designing these fucking courses? Are any of you hacks breaking 100 on here?

#3014 1 year ago

For me. By far. Royal cove is the hardest course.

Quoted from TronGuy:

Who is designing these fucking courses? Are any of you hacks breaking 100 on here?

#3015 1 year ago

I’m not seeing either invite.

#3016 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

What do you mean breaking 100?

If you want easier courses try Dodge City, Baja Ria and Norddallen. They are pretty simple.

You are doing well if you can make golden tee par on any course. A golden tee par is hitting a birdie on all par 3's, hitting an eagle on any par 4 where the green in reachable in one shot and an eagle on all par 5's. Depending on the tee boxes you get par 4's can either be reachable in one or two shots and then you one putt. Most courses have a golden tee par of -25 to -27, but some like Baja and Dodge city can go up to -30.
Knowing the tricks to make the par 5s in two shots is a big part of getting better too. I started getting much better scores once I started watching the pros and realizing that sometimes shooting into the rough is a better play than staying on the fairway.

To be pro level you have to make golden tee par consistently and hole out on your approach on a somewhat regular basis.

#3017 1 year ago

Yup. Botched this a little bit.

Let's do this.

PM me if you want to be in the invite pool every week. That way I can maintain a list and not miss anyone. Unfortunately with how they do things, this sort of thing isn't easy, but I'm pretty determined to make it work.

I will maintain a list of repeat players to make sure nobody gets missed.

Quoted from wdbthree:

I’m not seeing either invite.

#3018 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Yup. Botched this a little bit.
Let's do this.
PM me if you want to be in the invite pool every week. That way I can maintain a list and not miss anyone. Unfortunately with how they do things, this sort of thing isn't easy, but I'm pretty determined to make it work.
I will maintain a list of repeat players to make sure nobody gets missed.

NO worries. Appreciate all of your efforts to organize.

PM sent; will look forward to the next round.

#3019 1 year ago

I've got a pedestal available for sale by tomorrow. It's a cut-down, but tastefully done. Set up to run Golden Tee Golf 2022, updated and online with WiFi. Also set up and capable of running Silver Strike Bowling, Power Putt minigolf, and Target Toss (which is Bags and Lawn Darts.)

$3900

IMG_20221205_201025__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20221205_201025__01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221205_201130__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20221205_201130__01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221205_201001__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20221205_201001__01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221205_201144__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20221205_201144__01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221205_201106__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20221205_201106__01 (resized).jpg

Added 16 months ago:

***EDIT*** This is pending sale, thanks.

#3020 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Also set up and capable of running Silver Strike Bowling, Power Putt minigolf, and Target Toss (which is Bags and Lawn Darts.)

GLWS. I've been meaning to ask the group here if/how I can do this to my PGA Tour. I've been considering getting a dedicated Arcade Collection pedestal (Silver Strike etc.), but it would be a lot easier if I didn't have to lug another pedestal up three flights.

#3021 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

GLWS. I've been meaning to ask the group here if/how I can do this to my PGA Tour. I've been considering getting a dedicated Arcade Collection pedestal (Silver Strike etc.), but it would be a lot easier if I didn't have to lug another pedestal up three flights.

There are a few ways. If you want to be legit you need to get a switcher and multiple nighthawks. If you want to go the bootleg route you can get hard drives with the other games on them and just turn off your system and use a hard drive switcher. Mine came like that where I could run silver strike or power putt if I wanted.

If you want to go the legit route the cost adds up pretty fast but there are people on facebook who sell them. Richard Newman sells the gear to do it.

#3022 1 year ago

So i just registered my game on the site. Im on wifi on the game. But i still cant play online? Do i have to like wait for a human to see my registration request? It said it was successful.

Also whats best way to shut down game? Just hit the button?

#3023 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So i just registered my game on the site. Im on wifi on the game. But i still cant play online? Do i have to like wait for a human to see my registration request? It said it was successful.
Also whats best way to shut down game? Just hit the button?

You do need to wait for a human to get online. Mine went live within a day.
That’s how I turn mine off. Not sure if there's another option

#3024 1 year ago

Ok its online now. Just took a bit. I suck

#3025 1 year ago

i am really bad at putting.
So now that Im online. How do I customize my golfer?

#3026 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i am really bad at putting.
So now that Im online. How do I customize my golfer?

PGA Tour has very limited customization options right now on the cabinet or in the app, it's kinda bullshit, but supposedly more is coming. You earn XP on every hole played depending on how well you did, and at certain tiers it unlocks more clothes or balls. You can pay 10 bucks for the season pass to unlock more stuff as you gain XP, as if we didn't already spend enough on this. :p

Did you make an account on the PGA Tour app or the https://livewire.itsgames.com/ site? You definitely need that.

Putting you'll get the hang of. For me I really need to watch my follow through instead of the screen or else I'll roll off my intended aim. The approach/wedge game, though, whew. Benny Hill music starts to play once I select a wedge.

#3027 1 year ago

Is anyone here operating these? I’ve got a pin route but just scored a high profile location and they’ve requested a Golden Tee. I haven’t played a GT since the early 2000’s and know nothing.

#3028 1 year ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Is anyone here operating these? I’ve got a pin route but just scored a high profile location and they’ve requested a Golden Tee. I haven’t played a GT since the early 2000’s and know nothing.

There are operators on facebook, Golden Tee Fan and golden tee machines open posting boards are good places to start. I've heard some bad feedback about the PGA machines not pulling in a lot of money because they are new and different and you are forced to charge $5 a game while the legacy machines are allowed to charge less. It might be worth inquiring about how many people are in your area who play to try and see which machine you want. You can also do a machine search on the livewire site and see how much competition there is going to be near you. Any commercial machine will be listed there.

Maintenance wise they should be easy compared to a pin. Make sure the trackball is in good shape and all buttons work and it's not dirty. Also make sure you're on the newest version and it's online all the time or regulars won't want to play there.

#3029 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

PGA Tour has very limited customization options right now on the cabinet or in the app, it's kinda bullshit, but supposedly more is coming. You earn XP on every hole played depending on how well you did, and at certain tiers it unlocks more clothes or balls. You can pay 10 bucks for the season pass to unlock more stuff as you gain XP, as if we didn't already spend enough on this. :p
Did you make an account on the PGA Tour app or the https://livewire.itsgames.com/ site? You definitely need that.
Putting you'll get the hang of. For me I really need to watch my follow through instead of the screen or else I'll roll off my intended aim. The approach/wedge game, though, whew. Benny Hill music starts to play once I select a wedge.

I did the gt caddy app. Same thing or no?

#3030 1 year ago

Nm. Seems whole new app. Is this the way i customize my dude?

#3031 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Nm. Seems whole new app. Is this the way i customize my dude?

Yep either use the PGA caddy app or go to https://livewire.itsgames.com

#3032 1 year ago

What is a good high club speed for hitting a driver? Im actually getting a pain in the bottom of my knuckle from spinning so hard!

#3033 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

What is a good high club speed for hitting a driver? Im actually getting a pain in the bottom of my knuckle from spinning so hard!

If the new edition is anything like the original, 130-140 is very achievable once you break your trackball in.

#3034 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

If the new edition is anything like the original, 130-140 is very achievable once you break your trackball in.

Is it supposed to make a lot of noise when spinning? I was watching a streamer last night (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1678821361) and his room is miked yet his trackball seems to make zero noise. Mine sounds like a dying pushmower.

#3035 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Is it supposed to make a lot of noise when spinning? I was watching a streamer last night (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1678821361) and his room is miked yet his trackball seems to make zero noise. Mine sounds like a dying pushmower.

How many games have you got on yours? It takes 500+ rounds to REALLY get it going.

#3036 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

144 is the max mph for a straight shot. For curve shots the meter can go up to 160. If you are getting too much ball with your hand you might get that pain. You want to try and go across/up on the ball so it spins fast. Don't hit down on it or you lose some speed since the force is going into your hand and not into the ball.

Quoted from VALIS666:

Like nocoga said, it takes like 3-500 games to break in. The bearings are often really clunky sounding until they are broken in. The PGA machines tend to have really smooth trackballs but I saw some people say the bearings came overgreased so they took them out and cleaned them with isopropyl alcohol and it fixed it.

#3037 1 year ago

Another question for the Canadians out there. Has anyone registered in the US and loaded funds into their account?

Registration part was easy but adding funds with a US address seems to be a bit of a challenge. I see an option to buy a gift card and I thought that might be a work around but I need a Visa with a US address.

Thanks, I'm ready for an invite to a tournament if you run another.

PinPickle is the GT handle.

#3038 1 year ago

If I came in 2nd, you guys had some BAD rounds

#3039 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If I came in 2nd, you guys had some BAD rounds

Those are two hard courses. Hard to shoot handicap on them. But that was fun!

#3040 1 year ago

Yah. Royal Cove is hard as hell.

Quoted from MutterFudder:

Those are two hard courses. Hard to shoot handicap on them. But that was fun!

#3041 1 year ago

The Japanese themed course from the second invite had a very easy front 9 and a bruuuutal back 9. Every green heavily sloped and surrounded by water. Which my ball of course found its way in 4-5 times including three times on one hole. One of the prettiest courses I've seen so far though.

#3042 1 year ago

Just ordered my pga deluxe, does it matter the quality of the tv you purchase ?, I was told just has to be a 55" 4k. I found a cheap tcl for 249.00. Didnt know if it mattered the level of the display.

#3043 1 year ago

Quality doesn’t matter for PGA. But if you want to ever use the PGA for something else…

Quoted from mtp78:

Just ordered my pga deluxe, does it matter the quality of the tv you purchase ?, I was told just has to be a 55" 4k. I found a cheap tcl for 249.00. Didnt know if it mattered the level of the display.

#3044 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Quoted from jalpert:

Quality doesn’t matter for PGA. But if you want to ever use the PGA for something else…

It might matter a little if you get something so cheap it has ghosting etc, but it's not like input latency or response time really matters much for this game.

$249 is REALLY cheap for a 55" 4k though. I'd be wary, check out rtings.com to make sure it isn't total trash.

#3045 1 year ago

In the US, $200 55” TVs are everywhere. They aren’t for your home theater or anything but for extra, spare, kids, golden tee tvs they are actually good.

Quoted from Anony:

It might matter a little if you get something so cheap it has ghosting etc, but it's not like input latency or response time really matters much for this game.
$249 is REALLY cheap for a 55" 4k though. I'd be wary, check out rtings.com to make sure it isn't total trash.

#3046 1 year ago

Ok Im getting decent at the game, except the super short shots. Im interested the next time you guys do invites for tournaments.

#3047 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

In the US, $200 55” TVs are everywhere. They aren’t for your home theater or anything but for extra, spare, kids, golden tee tvs they are actually good.

Yeah I forget sometimes how expensive everything is here in Canada...

Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok Im getting decent at the game, except the super short shots. Im interested the next time you guys do invites for tournaments.

Try chipping with a 5 or 7 iron. You can almost putt with it. Do a tiny backswing like knee height and then give it a half speed forward swing. Only really works though if the ball has some room to roll and the approach is relatively flat. If you are going over any amount of hill you will not make it with such a low loft club.

If it's REALLY close I like to use a short club, but not the shortest one in your back, 9 iron or g wedge and do something similar to above. Very small back swing. With the higher loft clubs though you have to be aware that the ball might hop over the cup, so using bite sometimes helps to settle it down.

Here's an example of marc doing it with an 8 iron, but he doesn't do a backswing at all. They call this way of hitting it a chush, not quite sure why but it's popular with the really good players.

And an example of the g wedge shot

#3048 1 year ago

thanks. Yea Ive been doing most of my approaches without a backswing now and its a lot more accurate. I do the two thumb hit for those.

#3049 1 year ago

Im still really new to playing Golden tee but I’ve had a lot of success chipping using a wedge and adding Roll. Which should be similar to using an 8 or 9 iron. I can usually chip close without adding spin, but I find it’s much easier to be dead on if I take a short swing and let the ball roll out.

#3050 1 year ago

If you want to be in on the next invite, or all of them going forward shoot me a PM!

I'm going to send out invites tomorrow. Two invites, done correctly

What's your Golden Tee nick? Mine is the same as Pinside, friend me and I'll get you added.

Quoted from mbrave77:

There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/61?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.