17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 74.
#2851 1 year ago

I want to thank Anony for hooking a brother up. The 3D printed golf ball dust cover fits perfect and looks great. I like it better than the one on Epay with the GT logo on it. Thanks again

DSC00765 (resized).JPGDSC00765 (resized).JPG
#2852 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I want to thank Anony for hooking a brother up. The 3D printed golf ball dust cover fits perfect and looks great. I like it better than the one on Epay with the GT logo on it. Thanks again [quoted image]

Nice! Glad it arrived safely. It looks even better on the green deck.

#2853 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Nice! Glad it arrived safely

Yes and gave the extra one to a buddy and made his day as well

I have learned lots of unique shots and different approaches by playing the real time rivals. Making observations on clubs they use, and different paths has taught me to take more risk shots to reduce number of shots. Learning from the Pros

#2854 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes and gave the extra one to a buddy and made his day as well
I have learned lots of unique shots and different approaches by playing the real time rivals. Making observations on clubs they use, and different paths has taught me to take more risk shots to reduce number of shots. Learning from the Pros

Yeah I think half the battle of getting good scores in this game is knowing where to shoot. Every course tends to have at least one or two holes where there is a shortcut or way to hit an eagle that isn't obvious if you're always looking to shoot the way you would in traditional golf.

You should be able to eagle just about every par 5, and many par 4's assuming the tee box you get isn't super far from the green.

Best example is Anse Cocos hole 5. I always used to go around the right but then I saw this video and I started getting eagles on it.

#2855 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Picked up a GT Live pretty cheap. Coin door looks ok but parts of the lock are missing and it just sticks out. Any idea where to get one of these locks? BTW…it’s not going on route. I just want the machine to look as normal as possible. TIA
[quoted image]

ebay.com link: itm

lock (resized).jpglock (resized).jpg
#2856 1 year ago

Got my PGA Tour in today and it was tough getting up three flights, but as with all this stuff, you take your time and rest often and it goes a lot more smoothly. Although when we got it to the steep and narrow staircase it almost came back down on me a few times, especially when I had to lean it all the way back into my body to clear a low ceiling while still trying to lift it up the steps. A hairy few minutes there.

Anyway, set it up and connected to wifi, works fine, loving it so far! Already getting the feel down, improved a few strokes from game 1 to 2, and then in game 3 got a -8 at Nihon Yoru even with a double bogey and a triple. Very fun. I have a bunch of newbie questions that don't seem answered anywhere in their very slim documentation.

- I'm confused on registering the machine. I scanned a QR code, filled in the blanks on the page it took me to, and now it takes a day or two to hear back about my machine being registered? Will it just magically be registered at some point?

- Can I play for money and prizes on a home machine? I thought you could but the manual says all the prize, money, and reward modes can't be turned on in a home unit. That would be disappointing if I can't, but I guess people could cheat if they're at home? I could have sworn I saw people playing in money tournaments at home on youtube.

- What is the Livewire site (https://livewire.itsgames.com/) and do I need to make an account there?

- How do you scroll through course stats in the attract screen?

I'm sure these are basic ass questions, but I've looked all over for an answer the last hour and couldn't find anything.

#2857 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Got my PGA Tour in today and it was tough getting up three flights, but as with all this stuff, you take your time and rest often and it goes a lot more smoothly. Although when we got it to the steep and narrow staircase it almost came back down on me a few times, especially when I had to lean it all the way back into my body to clear a low ceiling while still trying to lift it up the steps. A hairy few minutes there.
Anyway, set it up and connected to wifi, works fine, loving it so far! Already getting the feel down, improved a few strokes from game 1 to 2, and then in game 3 got a -8 at Nihon Yoru even with a double bogey and a triple. Very fun. I have a bunch of newbie questions that don't seem answered anywhere in their very slim documentation.
- I'm confused on registering the machine. I scanned a QR code, filled in the blanks on the page it took me to, and now it takes a day or two to hear back about my machine being registered? Will it just magically be registered at some point?
- Can I play for money and prizes on a home machine? I thought you could but the manual says all the prize, money, and reward modes can't be turned on in a home unit. That would be disappointing if I can't, but I guess people could cheat if they're at home? I could have sworn I saw people playing in money tournaments at home on youtube.
- What is the Livewire site (https://livewire.itsgames.com/) and do I need to make an account there?
- How do you scroll through course stats in the attract screen?
I'm sure these are basic ass questions, but I've looked all over for an answer the last hour and couldn't find anything.

Not sure about the QR code, that sounds different than when I registered my machine. For mine I called them up and had them change it over to my details and then activate the online subscription. It can take a day or two though, it's a very manual process on their end.

You can play for money on a home machine but it depends on if the state you live in allows for that kind of thing. You should be able to play the weekly event under online - event in the menus, and you should be able to create invites to play against people directly and the winner takes the money minus a fee IT gets. There might be more but I'm in Canada and we have almost no prize play options here, so I'm not certain which ones are commercial only.

Livewire is the site you can go to and see all of your stats, change your gear etc. You can either sign up there to make a character or use the app (make sure you get the PGA app and not the legacy one) and it will track your stats and let you participate in all of the online modes.

Progressing the attract mode is done with the spin button. You can't go back though, just jump forward a screen at a time.

#2858 1 year ago

The answer is yes, but if you want it activated quicker I've got an email address of someone who activated it for me in about 40 minutes. I don't want to post it public, but PM me if you're interested and I'll send it to you.

Quoted from VALIS666:

#2859 1 year ago

If you want to send me some invites my username is jalpert. For no money or max $5.

Quoted from VALIS666:

Can I play for money and prizes on a home machine? I thought you could but the manual says all the prize, money, and reward modes can't be turned on in a home unit. That would be disappointing if I can't, but I guess people could cheat if they're at home? I could have sworn I saw people playing in money tournaments at home on youtube.

#2860 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you want to send me some invites my username is jalper. For no money or max $5.

If you guys are doing some invites, or custom games,

I want in!

#2861 1 year ago

Shoot me a friend request, same username as pinside.

Quoted from TronGuy:

If you guys are doing some invites, or custom games,
I want in!

#2862 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

You can play for money on a home machine

Incorrect. You can play "invites" on a clubhouse (home) machine, and some of those invites might have a cash bounty (set by the person who created the invitational), but you cannot play for direct cash prizes on a clubhouse machine.

#2863 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Incorrect. You can play "invites" on a clubhouse (home) machine, and some of those invites might have a cash bounty (set by the person who created the invitational), but you cannot play for direct cash prizes on a clubhouse machine.

There's event mode too where you can win money. What's the distinction though? I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

#2864 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

There's event mode too where you can win money. What's the distinction though? I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

You cannot participate in commercial PGA Tour Golf live events on a clubhouse machine.

#2865 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

You cannot participate in commercial PGA Tour Golf live events on a clubhouse machine.

There is a commercial event and a home event, they are separate but both pay out money. Here is the page for the current PGA home event.

https://livewire.itsgames.com/gt/contest/events?isHomeEvent=true

#2866 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Shoot me a friend request, same username as pinside.

I don't even know how to do that, haha

My name is

tron guy

on golden tee

(with the space between tron and guy)

#2867 1 year ago

Thanks for the help. My machine got activated today and I made an account (username: VALIS) and sent out friend requests to the two of you who just posted their usernames. Anyone feel free to send me a friend request. It seems like we can make a group and play tournaments against each other?

I can see my stats and character on the app and the Livewire site, but that's about all I understand at this point. Such as, my clothes options are different on every login. On the cabinet, I have 2-3 options for each category, on the app I have 1 for each category, on the website I can't access clothes at all. Are there just no clothes yet for PGA Tour while there's 100s of options for GT 2022? That would be weak.

Also, how do you get globally ranked? I've played 3 live tournaments and 3 online 18 hole courses but am not globally ranked. I am already in silver bracket though... whatever that means.

#2868 1 year ago

Once tron guy accepts I can setup an invite if you guys want. Just for fun or low dollar amount, either way. We will use handicaps since I’m sure we all have different skill levels. And let’s say can play it before the end of Sunday?

#2869 1 year ago

Assuming tournies work across PGA and GT22 (I’m on latter), I’m in. wdbthree user name. Thx!

#2870 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Thanks for the help. My machine got activated today and I made an account (username: VALIS) and sent out friend requests to the two of you who just posted their usernames. Anyone feel free to send me a friend request. It seems like we can make a group and play tournaments against each other?
I can see my stats and character on the app and the Livewire site, but that's about all I understand at this point. Such as, my clothes options are different on every login. On the cabinet, I have 2-3 options for each category, on the app I have 1 for each category, on the website I can't access clothes at all. Are there just no clothes yet for PGA Tour while there's 100s of options for GT 2022? That would be weak.
Also, how do you get globally ranked? I've played 3 live tournaments and 3 online 18 hole courses but am not globally ranked. I am already in silver bracket though... whatever that means.

Your global ranking is done monthly and you have to play the 5 new courses for it to update. Your rank is based on your best scores this month of the 5 current courses.
If you go to the app and hit stats and then hit the world rankings button you will see your current scores and place. It doesn't use Norddalen though, it uses Champ 99 which is lame.

If you're on '22 you should be earning clothes as you play with the exp you get after each game. If you want to earn more clothes you have to buy the club pass.
Apparently they will be adding most of the clothes from the legacy machines to PGA but no ETA on when that's going to happen. Right now options are sparse.

#2871 1 year ago

They do! Adding you now.

Quoted from wdbthree:

Assuming tournies work across PGA and GT22 (I’m on latter), I’m in. wdbthree user name. Thx!

#2872 1 year ago

I'm searching for wdbthree nickname and it's not coming up.

Add me, same has here, jalpert

Edit, I think I found you WDB3

Quoted from wdbthree:

#2873 1 year ago

I'll send out an invite tomorrow for anyone who can play it this weekend. Three others so far, but please only accept if you can play this weekend. If someone accepts and doesn't play the game stays open and doesn't end.

#2874 1 year ago

i'm gonna play

#2875 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Your global ranking is done monthly and you have to play the 5 new courses for it to update. Your rank is based on your best scores this month of the 5 current courses.
If you go to the app and hit stats and then hit the world rankings button you will see your current scores and place. It doesn't use Norddalen though, it uses Champ 99 which is lame.
If you're on '22 you should be earning clothes as you play with the exp you get after each game. If you want to earn more clothes you have to buy the club pass.
Apparently they will be adding most of the clothes from the legacy machines to PGA but no ETA on when that's going to happen. Right now options are sparse.

Thanks. Where do you find all your info, btw? Is there a good GT forum or Facebook group or Youtube/Twitch channel(s)? I just joined a handful of GT Facebook groups so I guess I'll find out. GT on Youtube/Twitch seems pretty light. There's the official channel then it's pretty sparse from what I can find.

Quoted from jalpert:

I'll send out an invite tomorrow for anyone who can play it this weekend. Three others so far, but please only accept if you can play this weekend. If someone accepts and doesn't play the game stays open and doesn't end.

I have nothing going on this weekend, I'll definitely play.

#2876 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Thanks. Where do you find all your info, btw? Is there a good GT forum or Facebook group or Youtube/Twitch channel(s)? I just joined a handful of GT Facebook groups so I guess I'll find out. GT on Youtube/Twitch seems pretty light. There's the official channel then it's pretty sparse from what I can find.

I have nothing going on this weekend, I'll definitely play.

Golden Tee Fan on facebook is by far the biggest and most active group. All of the best players in the world chat there and if you have any issues with your hardware or want advice you'll get answers in minutes if you post there. They have a discord as well that is somewhat active but not like the facebook group.
There's a home edition owner's group too as well as some others but the userbase overlaps a lot with Golden Tee Fan, that's really the only one you need to be on.

There are a few players who stream and I think there's a podcast as well, but I only follow Marc. He's one of the best and he holds the lowest score record for shooting a -52 on an event! His streams are great because he's always explaining what his thought process is for a shot and he interacts with the chat so you can ask questions.

https://www.youtube.com/@themouth411

#2877 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I’d be in - sent friend request from rholloran

#2878 1 year ago

Invite sent.

It's for glory, not money. Just the normal $0.50 fee. Invites expire and Contest end set to 3 days, so you guys have all weekend to accept and play it.

Course was set to random, I'm at work so I have no idea what course it is. Yes on handicaps.

Ended up with 5 players total if everyone plays.

#2879 1 year ago

I didn't get the invite

#2880 1 year ago

Any Canadians play online through a US ip address?

#2881 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Any Canadians play online through a US ip address?

I think you need to register your CID with a US address too. Possibly need a US character too, I've heard of Americans not being able to log in with their normal account when they're up here. It would be nice though, I hate the lack of options we get.

#2882 1 year ago

I see that you were invited but haven’t accepted yet.

Can you look again?

Quoted from TronGuy:

I didn't get the invite

#2883 1 year ago

My router connects to a vpn and I can choose which local devices use it. Would be a really easy way to get only GT to utilize it without screwing with them all.

Quoted from Anony:

I think you need to register your CID with a US address too. Possibly need a US character too, I've heard of Americans not being able to log in with their normal account when they're up here. It would be nice though, I hate the lack of options we get.

#2884 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I see that you were invited but haven’t accepted yet.
Can you look again?

I didn't understand how it works. I just went out to play, clicked on invite and got nothing.

SO I went into my app and saw the invite and accepted.

I'm sure I'm good on the invite now. Just need to go play a game.

thanks!

#2885 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I didn't understand how it works. I just went out to play, clicked on invite and got nothing.
SO I went into my app and saw the invite and accepted.
I'm sure I'm good on the invite now. Just need to go play a game.
thanks!

Think we just need wdb3 to accept invite

#2886 1 year ago

Ah. You can’t play until everyone accepts. Maybe invited are better sent on Wednesday or Thursday for the weekend.

#2887 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Ah. You can’t play until everyone accepts. Maybe invites are better sent on Wednesday or Thursday for the weekend.

#2888 1 year ago

Still not able to play the invite. Why do they do it this way? All invitees should have until the end of the tournament to accept and play, and if they don't then they don't count in the tournament, but everyone who accepted and played should count. Weird.

#2889 1 year ago

Sorry all. I could see the invite in the app (GT Caddy) but when I tried to accept the invite the app crashes. Tried multiple times over the past several days.

Connected my cabinet and tried there; did not show any invites on my arcade.

Website no longer allows invitation mgmt. #sigh.

Reached out for support but it’s the weekend.

Finally had epiphany this morning and installed the new PGA GT Caddy App (having to go through some hoops wl forgotten pwd/pin…has been a long time) and it worked!

Did not realize my troubles would keep anyone else from playing (what a terrible design), but: I should be accepted now. And won’t have troubles in the future.

Again: sorry all for the delay. Will see you on the links.

#2890 1 year ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Sorry all. I could see the invite in the app (GT Caddy) but when I tried to accept the invite the app crashes. Tried multiple times over the past several days.
Connected my cabinet and tried there; did not show any invites on my arcade.
Website no longer allows invitation mgmt. #sigh.
Reached out for support but it’s the weekend.
Finally had epiphany this morning and installed the new PGA GT Caddy App (having to go through some hoops wl forgotten pwd/pin…has been a long time) and it worked!
Did not realize my troubles would keep anyone else from playing (what a terrible design), but: I should be accepted now. And won’t have troubles in the future.
Again: sorry all for the delay. Will see you on the links.

Good News! Ill be playing a round today.

Im assuming they want everyone to commit to money stakes before anyone can start playing which makes sense. The fact that they charge you to play your online friends for Glory doesnt make sense!

#2891 1 year ago

Hello I picked up a HE today. The build date on the cabinet says 2018 but it’s running 2021. Do I just call IT to try and upgrade to 2022 or is there a certain department I need to call. Also the guy I bought it from had it online and when I got it home I connected it to my wife. Does that mean he paid the $100 yearly subscription. I created a Livewire account.

#2892 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Hello I picked up a HE today. The build date on the cabinet says 2018 but it’s running 2021. Do I just call IT to try and upgrade to 2022 or is there a certain department I need to call. Also the guy I bought it from had it online and when I got it home I connected it to my wife. Does that mean he paid the $100 yearly subscription. I created a Livewire account.

If it was green lighted it sounds like he still has time on his online subscription or he forgot to turn off auto renew.

And yeah if you want to upgrade to '22 or get onto your own subscription you call their sales department, or anyone you can get a hold of on the phone really. They'll be able to re-register the CID to your information and get you started with the update. There is usually an e-mail form you can find to send in but phoning is typically quicker once you're able to get someone to pick up.

#2893 1 year ago

I'm down for the next round of invites, glory or prize, handicap or no. I'm "openwindow" on the GT app.

#2894 1 year ago

Ah ok that’s what you guys mean by green-lighted and red lighted. Mine shows online and green lighted. I have tried calling and left messages and even filled out the online form. Hopefully someone gets back to me.

Quoted from Anony:

If it was green lighted it sounds like he still has time on his online subscription or he forgot to turn off auto renew.
And yeah if you want to upgrade to '22 or get onto your own subscription you call their sales department, or anyone you can get a hold of on the phone really. They'll be able to re-register the CID to your information and get you started with the update. There is usually an e-mail form you can find to send in but phoning is typically quicker once you're able to get someone to pick up.

#2895 1 year ago

Well I just got an email back from IT .

Paul

You will need to purchase your own subscription if you would like to play online, as this CID# has been unregistered from the previous owner.

Interesting since it shows I am green lighted and online and my scores are updating to my livewire account.

#2896 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Well I just got an email back from IT .
Paul
You will need to purchase your own subscription if you would like to play online, as this CID# has been unregistered from the previous owner.
Interesting since it shows I am green lighted and online and my scores are updating to my livewire account.

I thought it would stay green lighted until they register the CID under the new owner's info, but it sounds like the previous owner did unregister so probably just IT being IT lol. They aren't exactly the smoothest running operation these days. Everything is manual so they may just be slow getting it all changed.

Get the CID registered to your own name and you'll be all set to get your own subscription and update to '22.

#2897 1 year ago

Just noticed I'm at 999 games played. Pretty sure I got the machine just under 2 years ago so I've definitely got my money's worth playing about 500 games a year.

Screenshot_20221205-123831 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221205-123831 (resized).png
#2898 1 year ago

As often as you guys want to post games/events, I’m in.

#2899 1 year ago

If you want in on the next invite, post here or PM. Friend me, same name as pinside.

On Thursday morning I’ll see who’s in and send the invite out to expire Monday.

If you get an invite, and life happens and you can’t play, it’s all good but please accept anyway

Let’s do one, one more time then maybe bump it to a couple.

#2900 1 year ago

So. I could be wrong about the not playing part. If someone doesn’t play, I’m not sure the invite ever ends….

Quoted from jalpert:

If you want in on the next invite, post here or PM. Friend me, same name as pinside.
On Thursday morning I’ll see who’s in and send the invite out to expire Monday.
If you get an invite, and life happens and you can’t play, it’s all good but please accept anyway
Let’s do one, one more time then maybe bump it to a couple.

There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.