Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 74.
#2451 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Yeah machines that have the update already have 4 of the new courses so it looks like they moved that one course release up.

Yeah and a 5th course then less than a month out. Ok, I'll put my pitchfork down for now at least. Back to being excited for the update.

#2452 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Looks like you linked us to your cart so we can't see the actual product. If you link to the product page that would work.
I think it's just a standard power cord from any PC though, should be obtainable anywhere.

Got a power cord, it still wouldn't turn on, I called IT tech support and turns out the small battery on the mother board CR 2023 or something like that was dead. So I can only turn my machine on now with the "soft" power switch under the top of the cabinet. Until I replace the battery. And that seems like its going to be a pain in the ass.

#2453 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Got a power cord, it still wouldn't turn on, I called IT tech support and turns out the small battery on the mother board CR 2023 or something like that was dead. So I can only turn my machine on now with the "soft" power switch under the top of the cabinet. Until I replace the battery. And that seems like its going to be a pain in the ass.

I just had the same thing happen 2 weeks ago and thought my power supply had died. You can get the battery from just about anywhere, amazon etc. It just pops out and pops back in, takes about 2 minutes to fix with most of the time being spent taking the cover off of the computer.

Until then I had to jump the pins on the motherboard since mine is a cutdown and doesn't have a soft reset button. After that make sure you go into the bios and tell it to boot on receiving power again and you should be good to go.

#2454 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I just had the same thing happen 2 weeks ago and thought my power supply had died. You can get the battery from just about anywhere, amazon etc. It just pops out and pops back in, takes about 2 minutes to fix with most of the time being spent taking the cover off of the computer.
Until then I had to jump the pins on the motherboard since mine is a cutdown and doesn't have a soft reset button. After that make sure you go into the bios and tell it to boot on receiving power again and you should be good to go.

How tough was it getting the nighthawk box out? looks like it will be a huge pain , its kind of cramped and awkward where it is.

#2455 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

How tough was it getting the nighthawk box out? looks like it will be a huge pain , its kind of cramped and awkward where it is.

I have a cutdown of an original cabinet so it's really easy to access. I'm not sure how that looks on a pedestal but I don't think you need to actually pull the nighthawk out. The case it's in has a metal lid and if you unscrew it you can remove the lid and access the motherboard pretty easily. It's not like a traditional computer case where one side slides off, so it makes access a little easier.

#2456 1 year ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I feel your pain- I have not beaten him yet!

How do you get Young John Daly? I have 2021 but only see the regular....

#2457 1 year ago
Quoted from swayze2:

He should be there at the end but I don't remember if you have to beat normal John Daily first. Have you beaten him?

#2458 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I have a cutdown of an original cabinet so it's really easy to access. I'm not sure how that looks on a pedestal but I don't think you need to actually pull the nighthawk out. The case it's in has a metal lid and if you unscrew it you can remove the lid and access the motherboard pretty easily. It's not like a traditional computer case where one side slides off, so it makes access a little easier.

Yeah looks like I have to take the whole thing out to get to it. UGH! oh well.

#2459 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Yeah looks like I have to take the whole thing out to get to it. UGH! oh well.

Yeah lol... one good thing is they give you tees and balls for beating each character so if you go through the whole ladder you end up with a lot of balls and tees and probably won't have to buy more any time soon.

#2460 1 year ago

Hi all- long been interested in joining the club and may be ready financially. If buying new- what distributor/company would you recommend? I want easy, honest, communication etc. Thanks!

#2461 1 year ago

Is PGA tour available yet to individuals

#2462 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Hi all- long been interested in joining the club and may be ready financially. If buying new- what distributor/company would you recommend? I want easy, honest, communication etc. Thanks!

There are a ton of reputable sellers on facebook on the golden tee machines open posting group. You'll get the lowest price and really good service there.

Quoted from iceman44:

Is PGA tour available yet to individuals

Nope, just commercial for now. No ETA for home edition but likely end of year or early next year.

#2463 1 year ago
Quoted from swayze2:

Quoted from Anony:

He should be there at the end but I don't remember if you have to beat normal John Daily first. Have you beaten him?

Need to beat older JD first to unlock young JD.

#2464 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

we have our next 2 batches coming in June. we currently have around 10 machines available within those batches.

Let me know if you are interested in getting one.

[email protected]

#2465 1 year ago

What is the key to unlock Young JD? I finally beat JD on casual mode but it did not unlock Young JD.

20220602_215439 (resized).jpg20220602_215439 (resized).jpg
#2466 1 year ago
Quoted from rrocker:

What is the key to unlock Young JD? I finally beat JD on casual mode but it did not unlock Young JD.
[quoted image]

It should unlock after you beat him. I only ever played the ladder solo though, I wonder if playing with a friend doesn't let you unlock?

#2467 1 year ago
Quoted from rrocker:

[quoted image]

Quoted from Anony:

It should unlock after you beat him. I only ever played the ladder solo though, I wonder if playing with a friend doesn't let you unlock?

You have to beat him in the 'ladder' to unlock YJD.
You will need to beat 4 people (I think- its been so long since I played the ladder) to reach YJD.

#2468 1 year ago

We are live. Woo, can't wait till lunch to try this.

People are sharing the link to the update, if anyone wants it PM me. You have to have been invoiced by IT already for it to activate.

PXL_20220606_144537787 (resized).jpgPXL_20220606_144537787 (resized).jpg
#2469 1 year ago

I just put a golden tee 2021 on location at the local golf course…any advice on how to drive more plays, outside of it just being there?

#2470 1 year ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I just put a golden tee 2021 on location at the local golf course…any advice on how to drive more plays, outside of it just being there?

I know some operators do promos like a free drink for the best round that week. Might be worth asking on the golden tee facebook pages since a lot of operators are on FB.

#2471 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

People are sharing the link to the update, if anyone wants it PM me. You have to have been invoiced by IT already for it to activate.[quoted image]

Nice!

Did you just copy to a flash drive?

#2472 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

People are sharing the link to the update, if anyone wants it PM me. You have to have been invoiced by IT already for it to activate.[quoted image]

I was charged, but I am upgrading from the 2020 version. Does anyone know if the 2 year update file will be different from the 1 year?

#2473 1 year ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Nice!
Did you just copy to a flash drive?

Yeah I used the drive they sent for last year's update and just copied the files over.

#2474 1 year ago

This is a bit weird, IT billed my credit card a couple weeks back for the 2022 update, sent an updated invoice, but now the charge has been removed. Anyone else had this happen?

#2475 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Yeah I used the drive they sent for last year's update and just copied the files over.

How long did the update take?

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This is a bit weird, IT billed my credit card a couple weeks back for the 2022 update, sent an updated invoice, but now the charge has been removed. Anyone else had this happen?

Not here, but I paid when they had the 'early bird' discount a few months back.

#2476 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah the first charge was just a test to make sure your credit card info was correct and had sufficient credit. It drops off and they should charge you for real when it ships.

Quoted from nascarrey:

How long did the update take?

Not here, but I paid when they had the 'early bird' discount a few months back.

Only like 25 minutes. It was pretty fast.

#2477 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Yeah the first charge was just a test to make sure your credit card info was correct and had sufficient credit. It drops off and they should charge you for real when it ships.

Only like 25 minutes. It was pretty fast.

PM sent.

#2478 1 year ago

I replied to Josh when he sent the email out, and I got the link to download the update directly from IT.

Just a heads up.

#2479 1 year ago

I noticed the update is labeled that it's for Nighthawk... I wonder if it's safe to use on my GT that is now built on the Titan hardware?

#2480 1 year ago

I ordered my 2022 update. Just waiting for it to ship. I have a 2019 I have updated through to 21.

I was charged and my CID is updated to 2022 just waiting on the stick.

#2481 1 year ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

I noticed the update is labeled that it's for Nighthawk... I wonder if it's safe to use on my GT that is now built on the Titan hardware?

No, they say not to. Jay Ware's post on facebook says to reach out to them for a titan version.

Quoted from mummite:

I ordered my 2022 update. Just waiting for it to ship. I have a 2019 I have updated through to 21.
I was charged and my CID is updated to 2022 just waiting on the stick.

In this case you can download it from and you should be good to go. This is the official link release today https://livewire.itsgames.com/gtl-2022-nh

#2482 1 year ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

I just saw this posted on facebook for titan owners

https://livewire.itsgames.com/gtl-2022-tn

#2483 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I just saw this posted on facebook for titan owners
https://livewire.itsgames.com/gtl-2022-tn

Awesome, thank you! Just had been emailing with them. Good looking out!

#2484 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just happened to me so I came over here lol. Glad I’m not just imagining things

#2485 1 year ago

Okay why is there a dog nonstop barking on hole 1 of Hollywood Hills and then again on hole 1 of Nihon Yoru??

Edit: yeah something is off for me. I hear the same dirt bike sounds in the middle of Tokyo at night too. It's like the exact same background sound effects on both courses

#2486 1 year ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Okay why is there a dog nonstop barking on hole 1 of Hollywood Hills and then again on hole 1 of Nihon Yoru??
Edit: yeah something is off for me. I hear the same dirt bike sounds in the middle of Tokyo at night too. It's like the exact same background sound effects on both courses

I saw someone on facebook asking about a dog on the Tokyo course too. I didn't notice it but I'm usually listening to a podcast or something when I play.

#2487 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I saw someone on facebook asking about a dog

Who let the dogs out?

Not sure dogs barking and golf mix well-seems like it would be a nuisance and make me want to turn the volume down

#2488 1 year ago

Just joined the club. Some of the scores you guys post seem like fantasy!! (I won’t share my first few over par rounds). Got alot to learn but should be fun!

#2489 1 year ago

I’ve never seen the charge not come back to my credit card after an appearance. Maybe related to the issues they had sending out working USB’s?

#2490 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Who let the dogs out?
Not sure dogs barking and golf mix well-seems like it would be a nuisance and make me want to turn the volume down

Haha I know it sounds like a non-issue, but it's seriously never ending and maddening after a while. Like a baby crying nonstop. Even funnier when you have this tranquil, zen garden like setting with flowing water... with barking dogs and dirt bikes constantly.

#2491 1 year ago

Probably going to get the 2022 update for my cabinet. Are they allowing Money Shot mode for home users now? I haven't updated since 2018.

#2492 1 year ago

Just got billed today (not just the hold) for the 2022 update. Have been on 2020 since I got my game and figured I would skip a year to save on upgrade costs. With the last discount offer the 2020 - 2022 upgrade was $446 shipped.

Also, I'm hearing reports that real time rivals is gone with the 2022 update?! This is very disappointing if true. Some people are saying that the contract with John Daly may have ran out.

#2493 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

real time rivals is gone with the 2022 update?

That may deter me from updating, my son loves playing the rivals

I still need to check out the new PGA machine

#2494 1 year ago

Yep real time rivals is gone. I don't even have events anymore on mine but I think that should be coming back this week or next week. I keep hearing different things.

#2495 1 year ago

Is real time rivals gone for good? Or will that be coming back too? I was just about to order the update, but now I'm not sure if I want it.

#2496 1 year ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

but now I'm not sure if I want it

Need me some John Daly smoking the cigs

Seriously though, not interested in losing my rivals, etc.

How could you have multiple versions? Extra hard drive and switcher mechanism?

#2497 1 year ago

Did they replace RTR with anything? Is there still a way to play against the computer?

#2498 1 year ago

I just called IT Technical Support and the person I spoke to didn't sound too sure about it being removed, just said something along the lines of "If it's not there it's probably been removed". I was then transferred to a sales representative who's mailbox is full...

Doesn't sound good and as it's as if I.T isn't putting as much time and effort into GT Live besides the new courses.

#2499 1 year ago

As far as I know it's gone for good. And you cannot run multiple versions and switch back and forth because IT links your CID to the new version and going back would throw an error.

#2500 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Doesn't sound good

I would probably ask for a refund and go back to the old version. Sounds like they added a few mediocre 'odd' courses and eliminated a lot of good content due to expiration of the rights. No thank you I say

I will wait to play the new platform and see if that is worthy or not

There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/50?hl=swayze2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.