17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 74.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

my interest is growing for this game. I love pinball and am a big golfer (in real life). When I watch people play on youtube putting seems super easy, almost a gimme shot. Is that the case? seems like they take no time lining up a put and sinking it.

It is pretty easy to putt but can bite you in the ass in a close match if you mess it up. Steep sloped greens can be a little more difficult, but there are not many on each course. GT was made to make money and if putting is super challenging players would be putting to much and not paying to play another round. The fun shot are long deives through buildings, over volcanos and through Elephants legs anyway.

On a good note though casual or new players can easily play ok on GT, so they enjoy it. A so so player can play with a good player and be fine also. Not so much in pinball.

If you and your friends play golf it is a no brainer to get. It is the best when I have a four player GT game going on wtih some beers at my house.

Call JJ!

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

my interest is growing for this game. I love pinball and am a big golfer (in real life). When I watch people play on youtube putting seems super easy, almost a gimme shot. Is that the case? seems like they take no time lining up a put and sinking it.

Putting is the toughest part of the game imo....I can drive the green and totally miss an eagle putt...I palm putt but a lot of the pros thumb putt.....I tried to change my putting and gave up.....lol went back to the way ive been putting since I started playing this game 20 years ago.....old dog doesn't like new tricks I guess...lol

If I remember when I signed up I filled out an editable document, signed it in 'paint' and emailed it back to IT.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

It is pretty easy to putt but can bite you in the ass in a close match if you mess it up. Steep sloped greens can be a little more difficult, but there are not many on each course. GT was made to make money and if putting is super challenging players would be putting to much and not paying to play another round. The fun shot are long deives through buildings, over volcanos and through Elephants legs anyway.
On a good note though casual or new players can easily play ok on GT, so they enjoy it. A so so player can play with a good player and be fine also. Not so much in pinball.
If you and your friends play golf it is a no brainer to get. It is the best when I have a four player GT game going on wtih some beers at my house.
Call JJ!

"Through Elephants legs" know anything about the 2018 courses you'd care to share with the class??? Thought I saw someone who was 'testing' the 2018 courses for IT post about that....Elephant course in the 2018 update.

#154 6 years ago

Im ordering my GT kit from JJ in a couple days and im trying to plan ahead. Question for you guys regarding monitors. I was thinking of doing a 50" Samsung Curved monitor. Has anyone played GT on a curved monitor before? With the monitor being close to the player I thought the curved monitor might be pretty cool for player at such a close distance.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Im ordering my GT kit from JJ in a couple days and im trying to plan ahead. Question for you guys regarding monitors. I was thinking of doing a 50" Samsung Curved monitor. Has anyone played GT on a curved monitor before? With the monitor being close to the player I thought the curved monitor might be pretty cool for player at such a close distance.

I haven't seen anyone say that they have used a curved monitor.......most bars are using 42" tvs. I bought the tv mount from IT and put a 48" on it (at the time it was $280 from Best Buy). Most HE go with the 42 so when they play in bars its the same (perspective)......are you on FB? If youre on FB-join the group and post that question!
FB GT HE group link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/254697198048158/?multi_permalinks=706595139525026&notif_t=group_activity&notif_id=1495681553365892

Also just announced today....

Adam Kramer
3 hrs
Good news. Looks like we'll be doing another Home Edition event in June (and into July). Wrapping up final details now, but should have a full breakdown early next week.

#156 6 years ago

I think it's awesome that IT is starting to push HE support more and more. While Golden Tee is already really popular, I'd love to see it make the same strides that pinball has made in the past few years (in terms of "percentage of market awareness", if that's a thing).

Unrelated, did IT drop support of Power Putt? We had a blast playing that while hammered a few years back.

#157 6 years ago

PP is listed on the Live Wire page still.....

https://livewire.itsgames.com/ppg/what-is-pp

#158 6 years ago

I started with a 42" then saw a 50" Golden Tee @ a pub during dinner & within 24 hours I think it was my GT was a 50" ha!

Pros play on 39"-42" from what I read.

The curved 50" might be really cool @ that distance tho dude. Do it & let me know if its good as I may do the same.

Sheeyat I bet a curved 60" and a few Ambien might allow the Golden Tee arcade to actually capture the player Tron style & put him IN the game. Hmmm

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I think it's awesome that IT is starting to push HE support more and more. While Golden Tee is already really popular, I'd love to see it make the same strides that pinball has made in the past few years (in terms of "percentage of market awareness", if that's a thing).
Unrelated, did IT drop support of Power Putt? We had a blast playing that while hammered a few years back.

Yup. Incredible Technologies has no clue how many folks would pay $3500 to play GT in their house online with the same buddies they played with 10-20 years ago at the pubs. Huge market if they think outside the box and make online home use more attractive.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I haven't seen anyone say that they have used a curved monitor.......most bars are using 42" tvs. I bought the tv mount from IT and put a 48" on it (at the time it was $280 from Best Buy). Most HE go with the 42 so when they play in bars its the same (perspective)......are you on FB? If youre on FB-join the group and post that question!
FB GT HE group link
https://www.facebook.com/groups/254697198048158/?multi_permalinks=706595139525026&notif_t=group_activity&notif_id=1495681553365892
Also just announced today....
Adam Kramer
3 hrs
Good news. Looks like we'll be doing another Home Edition event in June (and into July). Wrapping up final details now, but should have a full breakdown early next week.

Yep, I'm a member there. Good idea to ask there.

I'm trying to figure out if I should buy the monitor mount. Kind of tough to swallow at $500 when I can wall mount for about $30. I do like the idea of being able to easily move the pedestal with the monitor attached if i want to relocate it.

#161 6 years ago

Im enjoying these invitationals. Just wish there was some small message board on there to message the group. Maybe not necessary but would be nice.

#162 6 years ago

On a side note i do have a Golden Tee 2017 Home Edition kit (Nighthawk, I/O, and CID) if anyone is looking for one. It is a 2009 Golden Tee factory kit that has been upgraded to 2017 with the original video card and 1GB RAM. This was in a cabinet with a CRT. If you want to output 1080p via HDMI you can upgrade the video card. As it stands now output is VGA. Please feel free to message me if your interested.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Yep, I'm a member there. Good idea to ask there.
I'm trying to figure out if I should buy the monitor mount. Kind of tough to swallow at $500 when I can wall mount for about $30. I do like the idea of being able to easily move the pedestal with the monitor attached if i want to relocate it.

Im not sure you could move the ped with monitor attached....the mount is a beast......tv would need to come off before moving I believe...I need to rearrange my GT/pin room soon, so I guess ill find out if I need to detach the mount from the pedestal before moving.
If ya wait- you can always order it later if you don't like the wall mounted monitor....if It has them at their Vernon Hills location you could grab one later....(would save $ on shipping at least).

Quoted from halpain24:

Im enjoying these invitationals. Just wish there was some small message board on there to message the group. Maybe not necessary but would be nice.

I believe IT is working on some upgrades on the features of the invites......in app messaging/group/invite messaging would defiantly be an improvement!

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Are all 60 courses in hi res 1080p? Or only the 2017 courses?

All 60 in 1080p

However some courses look better than others

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Im not sure you could move the ped with monitor attached....the mount is a beast......tv would need to come off before moving I believe...I need to rearrange my GT/pin room soon, so I guess ill find out if I need to detach the mount from the pedestal before moving.
If ya wait- you can always order it later if you don't like the wall mounted monitor....if It has them at their Vernon Hills location you could grab one later....(would save $ on shipping at least).

I believe IT is working on some upgrades on the features of the invites......in app messaging/group/invite messaging would defiantly be an improvement!

You can buts its not easy and takes a four wheel dolly. Ps I dont take off monitors before even moving them in truck

#166 6 years ago

So this happened

The game recovered & its clear by the message the software is engineered to handle some snags but after everything I've been through so far I fear it to be an omen

20170529_180018 (resized).jpg20170529_180018 (resized).jpg

#167 6 years ago

Ouch.....not again??

You wont be able to bang away is this HE event....

https://livewire.itsgames.com/news/13256-the-summer-swing

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Ok we are going to offer a deal $3500 Shipped to your curb any where in cont usa for GT Live Home. No Tv Stand. Tv stand is $495
Yes Late October is when they normally get Protected for 2018
Here is the Link.
https://gameexchange.biz/products/golden-tee-golf-live-home-2017
Use Discount code GTGhomepinside
JJ

How long will you be running this sale? Moving at the end of this month and would like to wait to order until then so I don't have yet one more thing to move.

Also I didn't see how to add a monitor stand to my purchase...

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Ouch.....not again??
You wont be able to bang away is this HE event....
https://livewire.itsgames.com/news/13256-the-summer-swing

It works. It just threw some errors during a reboot.

After a 30 second phone call IT basically said "shit happens, linux stuff, its fine"

We shall see.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

It works. It just threw some errors during a reboot.
After a 30 second phone call IT basically said "shit happens, linux stuff, its fine"
We shall see.

LOL Good luck!

#171 6 years ago

Anyone know when IT starts offering the 2018 upgrade for free with the purchase of a 2017? Is it September maybe? That's the only thing holding me back at this point as I don't want to play 2017 for 4 months and then have to pay to jump to 2018.

#172 6 years ago

JJ days Oct.. Message Game Exchange and ask what the best way to be notified of the sale.

#173 6 years ago

Anyone else seriously spinning a lot of games for the current GT HE contest? I don't have time ATM, and am only playing the 10 needed weekly to qualify for the free giveaways...lol While banging 8 in a row on Juniper, I got in a contest with a nice set up and pulled this outta my azz...a new PB! I definitely needed the HIO on 17...lol

Screenshot_20170608-103535 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170608-103535 (resized).png

#174 6 years ago

JJ this may need to be added to my SW LE purchase

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Anyone else seriously spinning a lot of games for the current GT HE contest? I don't have time ATM, and am only playing the 10 needed weekly to qualify for the free giveaways...lol While banging 8 in a row on Juniper, I got in a contest with a nice set up and pulled this outta my azz...a new PB! I definitely needed the HIO on 17...lol

I haven't played a 2017 course in so long my rank is currently 0

That is a sick score dude. Man that is insane!

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Great score! Since it's based on total birdies, HIOs, etc. for the whole week the people qualifying on the home tournament are putting in 200+ games a week. Crazy they have the time for that. I can't come close to keeping up.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Great score! Since it's based on total birdies, HIOs, etc. for the whole week the people qualifying on the home tournament are putting in 200+ games a week. Crazy they have the time for that. I can't come close to keeping up.

I played 3 games last week.

#178 6 years ago

Damn, a curved tv sounds like a really good idea for GT...

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I haven't played a 2017 course in so long my rank is currently 0
That is a sick score dude. Man that is insane!

Thanks! I had to get in 8 more games that evening, so I started playing, was put in that contest 4 times in a row (until it was full)-so I was able to lock in most of the shots-so that -27 has an asterisk by it (imo). my other scores weren't too bad... -23,-22 and -22. Guess ill get me 10 games in on Pine this week......

#181 6 years ago

Hit my 3rd hole in 1 in gt2005fore. Gonna order complete kit on the 22nd of the month.

I have them all on YouTube but idk how to embed the video, only posts the link when I try

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

Hit my 3rd hole in 1 in gt2005fore. Gonna order complete kit on the 22nd of the month.
I have them all on YouTube but idk how to embed the video, only posts the link when I try

Links work too......I like seeing other peoples great shots!

#183 6 years ago

my buddy has 2017 home edition, i have only played about 5 games so far. vastly different. im hoping to pick one up someday

#184 6 years ago

Just hit #4...

#185 6 years ago

2018 will contain Germany, Africa, a home grown suburb course, Barbados &.....

NIGHTIME GOLF IN DUBAI

Hoe
Lee
Shit

Also they will drop 2 of the classic "Fore" courses on us later on in the year

I am excited.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

Just hit #4...
» YouTube video

Youre right-vastly different-but same principal.......newer courses require more cut shots.....takes some getting used to..

Quoted from PW79:2018 will contain Germany, Africa, a home grown suburb course, Barbados &.....
NIGHTIME GOLF IN DUBAI
Hoe
Lee
Shit
Also they will drop 2 of the classic "Fore" courses on us later on in the year
I am excited.

^Love this-although we HE players wont get our updates until over a month after theyre released to the bar vendors
Going to have to spend more time in the bar when its released..I did find a location with $3 stats/$4 prize play-most vendors are $5 for prize play.

Good to see IT thinking outside the box with the new courses........

Anyone else see the network go down last Friday? lol

#187 6 years ago

Going to this event is a few weeks....one of my bar GT friends and I are gonna play in the handicap tourney fri nite.
If you have never been to one-they are a blast. Theyre even having a 'play with a pro' if ya get there early fri.....great chance to pick up some pointers.....I highly recommend if you want to improve your scores and have a fun evening.

PE (resized).jpgPE (resized).jpg

#188 6 years ago

Heres one of my fav HIO's....chased this one all year Antelope came out...lol

#189 6 years ago

Hit this at the bar with the sat afternoon GT group a few weeks ago...little cut shot....

#190 6 years ago

Nice shots nascarrey. I almost hit #5 last night, hit the pin and it just stopped on top of the cup lol. There are a few cut shots, I'm learning more each day I play.

#191 6 years ago

Thanks thestreetking! I learn every day also-even after 2060 rounds.

For the record, my real name is Rey-im a big nascar fan-go figure....lol

#192 6 years ago

I figured as much haha. On gt2017 I have only played 5 rounds online with my character, maybe 10 including the closest to pin contests. I need to put more time into that but I don't own one yet.

#193 6 years ago

$1,650 for a 2008 live. Seems like a good deal?

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Pedestal or cabinet with CRT or LCD?

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Pedestal or cabinet with CRT or LCD?

Cab, so I'm assuming CRT.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Cab, so I'm assuming CRT.

Seems on the high end to be honest. If your looking to upgrade to 2017 your going to be well into the 2Ks which isn't horrible but I would say you can find a 2008 LIVE cabinet for much less if your patient.

#197 6 years ago

Thank you for the input. Not actively looking, but saw it pop up and it peaked my interest a bit. Always dreamed of having a GT in home until I spent way more on pins

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Price seems a bit high for a 2008......lots of peeps are cutting those cabs down and making pedestals out of them.....

If youre on FB, keep an eye on this page.....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693886884125319/

#199 6 years ago

Just got my update to 2017 in the mail today woo hoo. Installing now!!

1 week later
#200 6 years ago

Playing in the HC tourney tomorrow night at the Windy City Open in Palatine....

Anyone welcome to show up. Theyre having a 'play with a pro' before HC tourney. Great chance to pick up some pointers and spin a game with some of the GT elite...

There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/4?hl=beyndtstng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.