17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 74.
#2251 2 years ago

Anyone ever relocate the power switch on a GT pedestal? Hate having to climb behind my 2021 when a second switch could be mounted up near the key hook.

#2252 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

I thought that was the plan along with the PGA tour release. They were releasing a single system with bags, power putt and darts in one or something like that. Offline though as far as I know

Kind of, but not *because, just *along-side.

The "Arcade Collection," they're calling it. Remastered Target Toss, Power Putt, and SSX. All on one hard drive. Details are just beginning to emerge on this, stay tuned.

#2253 2 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

That is FANTASTIC news -- Target Toss is a great (and quick!) party game. I'd love to pick it up for my rig if it were available.

IT behind this or 3rd party?

#2254 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

IT behind this or 3rd party?

IT is behind the latest remaster.

https://amusement.itsgames.com/games/arcade-collection/

#2255 2 years ago

OMG! I have a new goal in life now.

#2256 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Kind of, but not *because, just *along-side.
The "Arcade Collection," they're calling it. Remastered Target Toss, Power Putt, and SSX. All on one hard drive. Details are just beginning to emerge on this, stay tuned.

Cool! Is the darts one part of the target toss game or is that something different? I am not really interested in SSX but I've heard the dart one is fun.

#2257 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Cool! Is the darts one part of the target toss game or is that something different?

Yeah, the lawn darts with classic dart games was part of Target Toss' second release. Very fun stuff.

I hope it's actually coming "soon". I feel like that "coming soon" page has been around for a bit. I'd love to add that to my cabinet.

#2258 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Cool! Is the darts one part of the target toss game or is that something different? I am not really interested in SSX but I've heard the dart one is fun.

Darts is a blast! I find the whole Target Toss game to be the best IT game so far. Shame I was unable to buy any games when it was out. VERY happy to hear about this collection getting released!

#2259 2 years ago

So would this be able to go into a golden tee cab and allow for you to switch without needing to swap hardware?

#2260 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Darts is a blast! I find the whole Target Toss game to be the best IT game so far. Shame I was unable to buy any games when it was out. VERY happy to hear about this collection getting released!

This is consistently what I hear, that darts/bags is the best one. I wanted to get one too but there is only one I've ever seen for sale locally and it's one of those 'I know what I've got" guys who wants $6000 for it lol.

Quoted from YZRider926:

So would this be able to go into a golden tee cab and allow for you to switch without needing to swap hardware?

This should run from its own nighthawk system so you could use one of those switchers people use and run it in the same cabinet as GT.

#2261 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

This is consistently what I hear, that darts/bags is the best one. I wanted to get one too but there is only one I've ever seen for sale locally and it's one of those 'I know what I've got" guys who wants $6000 for it lol.

6k? oof!!!! Yeah I'm very interested in seeing the pricing for this when it gets released being that all of them by themselves are around 4k each.

#2262 2 years ago

Power Putt looks cool, I just couldn’t justify the price when it was the same as a GT Home Edition. But I still want one… Hoping the price is reasonable

#2263 2 years ago

In for this! They need to come up with a better name though, “Arcade Collection”…LOL

#2264 2 years ago

Would be cool if that new arcade trio could be setup to dual boot along side GT

#2265 2 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Would be cool if that new arcade trio could be setup to dual boot along side GT

This as an official add on kit from IT. Or better yet, add as a purchasable option from our IT subscription for home users and make it a download instead.

#2266 2 years ago
Quoted from tgrinchy:

This as an official add on kit from IT. Or better yet, add as a purchasable option from our IT subscription for home users and make it a download instead.

It may be from IT, but they're not going to do you any favors in making it "easy" to run this kit along-side your GT machine.

Likely your only option to accomplish this will be the Perfect Solutions switcher kit, requiring you to run two complete Nighthawk systems in your cabinet.

#2267 2 years ago

It may be from IT, but they're not going to do you any favors in making it "easy" to run this kit along-side your GT machine.
Likely your only option to accomplish this will be the Perfect Solutions switcher kit, requiring you to run two complete Nighthawk systems in your cabinet.

If it's not online we might be able to do hard drive swapping to make it work. My machine can play SSX and Power Putt using a hard drive selector, but they have to be offline or your CID might get tagged.

#2268 2 years ago

Showed the wife the trailer for the 3 in 1 cabinet and she said " Oh cool"!!! sounds like a go ahead to me! haha

#2269 2 years ago

Yeah not expecting it to be easy at all. But for the home market it would be super nice to have it be an upgrade to add it in. A guy can dream

#2270 2 years ago

I’ve had a 3 game setup for past 4 years. All I play is golden tee really. I’m going to co-op something small town said on Facebook. The other games are vaporware with ssx being the best of the other 3 oddballs. Power putt was a great idea buts it’s terrible. Maybe one course is true mini golf. The camera angles are garbage. I never messed with bags as that would require to step down to 720p. This new arcade collection will finally fix that. I will say if you have a lot of party’s and family over those other games will be a hit even with there flaws.

#2271 2 years ago

I had a full day of games with my buddy yesterday. We've been playing Forest Knoll over and over trying to beat the -21 record we have and it finally clicked and I got a -23.

We were playing the same courses over and over for several hours and I noticed we got the exact same setup a lot more than I'm used to. We're playing in contest mode and I know that if you get back into the same contest the setup and wind will be the same but it seemed like we were getting identical setups across multiple contests. Either way it helped with my game since we got to know each shot.

Does anyone know how the tee box location, hole location and wind setups work exactly? Is each thing randomized or are there a few setups and which one you get is random?

#2272 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

I had a full day of games with my buddy yesterday. We've been playing Forest Knoll over and over trying to beat the -21 record we have and it finally clicked and I got a -23.
We were playing the same courses over and over for several hours and I noticed we got the exact same setup a lot more than I'm used to. We're playing in contest mode and I know that if you get back into the same contest the setup and wind will be the same but it seemed like we were getting identical setups across multiple contests. Either way it helped with my game since we got to know each shot.
Does anyone know how the tee box location, hole location and wind setups work exactly? Is each thing randomized or are there a few setups and which one you get is random?

If you want to change it up after being in the same contest, select 'random tees' before you tee off-or anytime during the game and you should get some different tee boxes/looks.
IT was supposed to have 'mixed tees' out by now but I believe were getting the same tee boxes from when the current courses came out.

#2273 2 years ago

What is the latest on the GoldenTee GO? Its been years, this us the version for me and pricepoint. I don't play online or want subscriptions. Its getting frustrating waiting this long I may just buy the original unit? Thoughts?

#2274 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

What is the latest on the GoldenTee GO? Its been years, this us the version for me and pricepoint. I don't play online or want subscriptions. Its getting frustrating waiting this long I may just buy the original unit? Thoughts?

I totally forgot about it. They said about a year ago that it was being re-released with online functionality and they stopped selling them/making more. It's been silence since then though, I haven't heard anything.

If you really don't care about online it might be worthwhile trying to get the old one. Then again when the new one comes out the old one will probably be cheaper to buy second hand...

#2275 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Version 1.0 was discontinued shortly after launch due to supply chain concerns - I believe the on-board monitor caused too much struggle for them to keep it. So they scrapped the version 1.0 and redesigned the product into a version 2.0. The new version doesn't have an onboard monitor. But it IS running on their current hardware platform (the Titan system), same as found in their new Golden Tee PGA units.

Online capability has been promised from day 1, yet it's never been delivered upon. There was a reddit user who received (by accident, we believe) an early version 2.0 unit as a prize in a Corona beer contest, and thus we've been able to determine what we know so far. Version 2.0 has an extra 21 courses (totaling 53 now), but STILL doesn't have online capability. No mention of whether or not version 2.0 is physically different in terms of dimensions, but all we've seen so far points to the same physical size, just no monitor on the deck. That's good news for the 3rd party folks out there who have been steadily designing all kinds of stands for them.

Personally, if I were you, I'd look high and low for someone selling a version 1.0 unit. The onboard display is pretty much required in my opinion. Otherwise why the fuck would you call it a "Go?" The whole point of this machine is that you can take it camping, up to the cabin, etc. Being required to lug around a TV just to use it really defeats the purpose.

No word on the pricing of the 2.0, but I gotta believe it will be more than $2000. Probably $2500.

That's as much as we know at present.

#2276 2 years ago

I'm so hoping this happens and that I can just add it to my 2021 home edition game some how.

#2277 2 years ago

Version 1.0 was discontinued shortly after launch due to supply chain concerns - I believe the on-board monitor caused too much struggle for them to keep it. So they scrapped the version 1.0 and redesigned the product into a version 2.0. The new version doesn't have an onboard monitor. But it IS running on their current hardware platform (the Titan system), same as found in their new Golden Tee PGA units.
Online capability has been promised from day 1, yet it's never been delivered upon. There was a reddit user who received (by accident, we believe) an early version 2.0 unit as a prize in a Corona beer contest, and thus we've been able to determine what we know so far. Version 2.0 has an extra 21 courses (totaling 53 now), but STILL doesn't have online capability. No mention of whether or not version 2.0 is physically different in terms of dimensions, but all we've seen so far points to the same physical size, just no monitor on the deck. That's good news for the 3rd party folks out there who have been steadily designing all kinds of stands for them.
Personally, if I were you, I'd look high and low for someone selling a version 1.0 unit. The onboard display is pretty much required in my opinion. Otherwise why the fuck would you call it a "Go?" The whole point of this machine is that you can take it camping, up to the cabin, etc. Being required to lug around a TV just to use it really defeats the purpose.
No word on the pricing of the 2.0, but I gotta believe it will be more than $2000. Probably $2500.
That's as much as we know at present.

Thanks, the 2.0 sounds the choice for me. I dont want the monitor, just to plug and play at friends houses. When Im camping its to get away ftom this stuff. Also I am about out of room so no cabinet is nice. I have never been big online so won't miss it. Thanks for the update.

#2278 2 years ago

Anyone know what this message means?

8B9C5F51-03DF-423F-B4F0-DA35B5042A6E (resized).jpeg8B9C5F51-03DF-423F-B4F0-DA35B5042A6E (resized).jpeg
#2279 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

[quoted image]

Makes me wonder if your nighthawk is too old to play the version you're trying to load. I know some of the older nighthawks can't play the newest versions but I don't know what the cutoff is.

#2280 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

[quoted image]

Something's wrong with your security chip or your I/O board. Do you have another security chip from another I.T. game you can try installing in that I/O board to see what's the issue?

#2281 2 years ago

I ha e a bags and SSB chip. This is not a old game. Was made in 2021. So nighthawk is newer.

#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I ha e a bags and SSB chip. This is not a old game. Was made in 2021. So nighthawk is newer.

Put in the SSB chip on the I/O board and boot the game, show me what comes up on the red screen. If it correctly reports your SSB chip code, then I'm inclined to believe your golf security chip is not working.

#2283 2 years ago

Grabbing a GT 2021. What exactly do I need to connect wirelessly? Thanks!

#2284 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

It should have wifi built into it, so you're good out of the box.

#2285 2 years ago

Quoted from nicoga3000:

It should have wifi built into it, so you're good out of the box.

IF it's a new machine, you're good. If it's a machine that's been upgraded to run 2021, you might need to take a peek at whether or not the previous owner is sending you everything you need to get online.

With IT, you need to register the machine for online play and set up an account with ITnet. Cost for online access is $9.99 per month, or $99 per year. Have you contacted them to get that process started yet? You will need the machine ID. You can get that info by starting a game, and at the "select number of players" screen, hit the blue button. Your machine ID is shown at the bottom, it'll be 14-xxxxxx where the letters are your machine ID.

#2286 2 years ago

IF it's a new machine, you're good. If it's a machine that's been upgraded to run 2021, you might need to take a peek at whether or not the previous owner is sending you everything you need to get online.
With IT, you need to register the machine for online play and set up an account with ITnet. Cost for online access is $9.99 per month, or $99 per year. Have you contacted them to get that process started yet? You will need the machine ID. You can get that info by starting a game, and at the "select number of players" screen, hit the blue button. Your machine ID is shown at the bottom, it'll be 14-xxxxxx where the letters are your machine ID.

Thanks. It’s a NIB 2021. I haven’t received it yet but was looking to understand what I might need to do. Just trying to figure out a delivery window with my distributor.

#2287 2 years ago

Thanks. It’s a NIB 2021. I haven’t received it yet but was looking to understand what I might need to do. Just trying to figure out a delivery window with my distributor.

Okay, then you just need your machine's ID to get started with online play. As soon as you have the ID (can be found on the outside of the game under a barcode), you can register yourself for online play here:

https://home.goldentee.com/pages/new-owners

#2288 2 years ago

I have a Golden Tee Pedestal 30 year anniversary model like new . I’m selling it and would like to know fair price . Thank you .

#2289 2 years ago

Start at $3,500. Take $3,200.

I believe there is a long waiting list for a new one.

Quoted from Blue_Devils:

I have a Golden Tee Pedestal 30 year anniversary model like new . I’m selling it and would like to know fair price . Thank you .

#2290 2 years ago

On my 2021 HE when I play online I'm not able to do the slight Left/Right adjustment (where you hold down the Left or Right button and it re-aligns a degree or 2). It is only allowing for the full movement Left/Right. (Where you hit the button and it moves like 5 degrees). Casual play allows me to do this and I feel I am able to do it at the bars also. Anyone know why this is so on my Online games?

#2291 2 years ago
Quoted from rrocker:

On my 2021 HE when I play online I'm not able to do the slight Left/Right adjustment (where you hold down the Left or Right button and it re-aligns a degree or 2). It is only allowing for the full movement Left/Right. (Where you hit the button and it moves like 5 degrees). Casual play allows me to do this and I feel I am able to do it at the bars also. Anyone know why this is so on my Online games?

Casual Play allows full adjustment. Anything else is that rotational adjustment you're experiencing.

If you play anything but Casual, gotta learn to cut!

#2292 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Casual Play allows full adjustment. Anything else is that rotational adjustment you're experiencing.
If you play anything but Casual, gotta learn to cut!

Thanks for the clarification. Time for some practicing!

#2293 2 years ago

Yeah that feature is a 7 to 10 shot difference in 18 holes.

1 week later
#2294 2 years ago

Anyone know when you can buy the PGA version for home use?

#2295 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Anyone know when you can buy the PGA version for home use?

Prevailing info at this point is that the full release of Golden Tee PGA Tour will be in late spring for the commercial machines you see in bars. Then very shortly after that for the Home Edition version of the game. (like less than 2 months shortly).

#2296 2 years ago

Prevailing info at this point is that the full release of Golden Tee PGA Tour will be in late spring for the commercial machines you see in bars. Then very shortly after that for the Home Edition version of the game. (like less than 2 months shortly).

Thanks for that info. Any guesstimate on pricing?
Also, if I were to buy a 2021 version, can it be updated with the PGA courses at a later date? For a fee obviously.
Thanks for your time.

#2297 2 years ago

Answering my own question. I just called IT and the rep said PGA home use edition release is looking at mid to late summer 2022.
Price point $5400 give or take.

#2298 2 years ago

Ooof. Hope they offer a kit. I mean, they probably won't but if it's just a new Nighthawk-alike and panel, I'd rather not get a new pedestal.

#2299 2 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Ooof. Hope they offer a kit. I mean, they probably won't but if it's just a new Nighthawk-alike and panel, I'd rather not get a new pedestal.

I did call back IT and the rep said that the 2021 model "Will Not" be upgradable to get the PGA courses. He told me if I wanted the PGA courses, I'll have to wait till this coming summer. He did say that instead of 3 PGA courses, the first home use editions will have 5 or 6 plus 80 of the non-regulation courses but he wouldn't tell me which PGA will be added. So in a nut shell, I wait till this summer.
Only telling it as I was told from IT.

#2300 2 years ago

That $5400 price point is the first I've heard. That's WAY above what their initial promise was, which was to keep them in-line with the current Home Edition pricing. I wonder if maybe you were quoted the price for a Commercial Live cabinet? Or maybe a Home Edition with the attached TV stand? Just wondering how/why it's now $1400 more than what I had originally heard.

There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/46?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.