Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 74.
#2201 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I downloaded a GT app , not sure its correct.
I would be open to advice concerning:
Correct app to download
Once in, what is the golf ball of choice?
Clubs of choice?
Any advice anyone cares to share, for competitive play.

I made a post earlier in the thread explaining some of this, can't find it at the moment but it's there. Clubs are a preference thing mostly. If you like more spin, distance or cut pick the ones that fit that.

Balls are the same except for the stout. If you pick the stout it cuts the wind in half. Some think it's cheap, many high level players use it because why not take every advantage you can get?

1 week later
#2202 2 years ago

Hello, In my GT 2021 I added a magic Switcher so I could also play SSX and PP. So now I can play all three games just by turning that switch on all in one cabinet. My friend wanted the same but since had to sell his game. So I have everything you need to make yours look and do the same as mine .its very easy to do and there is a video online that shows all. I will sell all the parts you need and have most of it ready for $2600. You might have to buy one hard drive cable but I think it is all there.

0647BB85-1BD3-4016-ACF5-7EE5C8C29BB8_1_105_c (resized).jpeg0647BB85-1BD3-4016-ACF5-7EE5C8C29BB8_1_105_c (resized).jpeg98975EE8-0BD2-40B4-BD34-7ABA0558A683_1_105_c (resized).jpeg98975EE8-0BD2-40B4-BD34-7ABA0558A683_1_105_c (resized).jpegE0FA1313-4D44-49C1-80B1-EC2840F1CE08_1_105_c (resized).jpegE0FA1313-4D44-49C1-80B1-EC2840F1CE08_1_105_c (resized).jpegF80FFA40-E788-45F5-9E35-E8542F370AB5_1_105_c (resized).jpegF80FFA40-E788-45F5-9E35-E8542F370AB5_1_105_c (resized).jpegFD946565-1BD3-4DB5-839D-16FFDC2AE7D7_1_105_c (resized).jpegFD946565-1BD3-4DB5-839D-16FFDC2AE7D7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

#2203 2 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

EDIT SOLD

Hello, In my GT 2021 I added a magic Switcher so I could also play SSX and PP. So now I can play all three games just by turning that switch on all in one cabinet. My friend wanted the same but since had to sell his game. So I have everything you need to make yours look and do the same as mine .its very easy to do and there is a video online that shows all. I will sell all the parts you need and have most of it ready for $2600. You might have to buy one hard drive cable but I think it is all there.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#2204 2 years ago

For Golden T folks here in metro Atlanta, Winston's on Sandy Plains Rd. will have a PGA going in tomorrow of Friday. The operator putting it out is one of 10,on the I.T. advisory committee, so he got one early. My understanding is that the supply chain issues will delay mass production until spring of 2022, so besides test units in the greater Chicago area, this will be 1 of 10 out on the streets until next spring.

#2205 2 years ago

post some pics and video if possible, I am curious to see the updated graphics. I am so far not impressed, they look very similar to the existing unit.

#2206 2 years ago

Saw this on the Facebook fan page. Looks like they are starting to go out on location. I watched a live video of a golden tee team member that said 1000 were going to be going out in the next few weeks.

I only have an older model and would love to get a newer one for my route

7BF69214-842D-43B4-A427-5F40AC395E1F (resized).jpeg7BF69214-842D-43B4-A427-5F40AC395E1F (resized).jpeg

#2207 2 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

post some pics and video if possible, I am curious to see the updated graphics. I am so far not impressed, they look very similar to the existing unit.

Here is a video from yesterday. Talked a lot about the new game and showed off some courses/features

#2208 2 years ago

Looks like the smallest leap yet. Original Tee to Fore was a leap, Fore to live was also a huge leap and change. This looks… rebranded with slightly better hardware and obnoxious lighting?

#2209 2 years ago

So far I'm not a huge fan of the PGA Tour edition. Having real world courses initially sounded cool but I bought GT for the fun arcade crazy type courses. Playing real courses with GT style play and distances doesn't sound that appealing. GT driving distances are much higher versus in real life and in comparison to PGA Tour players. Seeing real courses in GT and then players driving a majority of holes is odd to see.

#2210 2 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

For Golden T folks here in metro Atlanta, Winston's on Sandy Plains Rd. will have a PGA going in tomorrow of Friday. The operator putting it out is one of 10,on the I.T. advisory committee, so he got one early. My understanding is that the supply chain issues will delay mass production until spring of 2022, so besides test units in the greater Chicago area, this will be 1 of 10 out on the streets until next spring.

Nice, go play and tell us how it is!! They keep referencing 2022 spring update in the video, hopefully that means the non PGA version gets an update in spring too

Quoted from mcuzz:

It's a new engine so even if graphics aren't standing out it should look a lot better from the 4k resolution, new animations hopefully etc. Also probably better lighting, reflections etc. Remember the GT live engine is like 20 years old so this new one has to be an improvement even if they didn't go all out on the first year.

Quoted from MutterFudder:

Looks like the smallest leap yet. Original Tee to Fore was a leap, Fore to live was also a huge leap and change. This looks… rebranded with slightly better hardware and obnoxious lighting?

This is pretty typical. going from 2d to 3d is a huge jump, going 3d 1080 to 4k isn't the same level of jump. As long as the engine is good for the future they can always upgrade the graphics later. Considering how behind they are I wonder if they did push some of that back and are using old assets.
Odds are the new game will have the old models/assets but look better in the lighting, textures etc. Then in a future year they will update the assets hopefully.

What I don't get is why anyone would want to play a real course in GT. Are we going to be able to drive the green for par 5s?

#2211 2 years ago

BTW the pga tour app is out if anyone wants to see it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itsgames.pgacaddy

It also looks like they're doing seasons with season passes now, so get ready for even more monetization and nickle/diming. instead of just earning free equipment for playing you'll have to pay a subscription fee to earn those items.

I just watched that video and while 80% of it was the app and a dude's face, the bit of the game they showed was kind of disappointing. It has identical menus, UI elements etc from the current golden tee. They said they'd be adding neat new stuff like new camera angles etc in the next update, spring 2022 but it's not a full overhaul. It's a reskin of the current game it seems. I wonder if it really is a new engine or just an updated version?

What this means to me is that they are going to do the thing that yearly games do when they go to a new console/engine. Everything is the same or a step back and they expect us to pay a premium for it while they bring it up to date with the old version...

#2212 2 years ago

Anyone know the pricing differential on the PGA version versus 2021? I have a PGA preordered but if it has almost no upgrades and costs more, I might as well just get the 2021.

#2213 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Anyone know the pricing differential on the PGA version versus 2021? I have a PGA preordered but if it has almost no upgrades and costs more, I might as well just get the 2021.

I don't think IT has revealed a PGA home edition yet. If the home editions are similar to the operator ones with the TV stand + lighting, and larger pedestal then I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the $7k - $10k range. The entire setup hardware wise looks significantly more expensive then the current versions.

All I really know is this, a new GoldenTee cabinet for $4k offers a hell of a lot of fun in comparison to NIB pins that are now $7k - $12k+. Actually seems like a deal lol.

#2214 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

That's a tough call. You can get a new current edition for like $3200, I'd expect the PGA one to be in the $4-6k range minimum. You have to consider that the current one will only be supported for 5 more years and that in the next few years the PGA tour will likely get significant updates while the current edition will likely get nothing but new courses each year. The guy kept saying in the stream that the new features were coming in the next update, so it sounds like what we've seen so far is the bare bones version just getting it to a playable state before we see real improvements.

The other thing to consider is that they are already way behind schedule and talking about spring to early summer for the next edition to come out. I'd be really surprised if home users get PGA tour units before Q4 2023 if they do get them at all in 2023.

#2215 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

The other thing to consider is that they are already way behind schedule and talking about spring to early summer for the next edition to come out. I'd be really surprised if home users get PGA tour units before Q4 2023 if they do get them at all in 2023.

Not according to I.T. - in a live stream last week, they re-committed to their "summer 2022" timeline for releasing the Home Edition version of GTPGA.

Of course, you can take that for what it's worth, I guess.

#2216 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Not according to I.T. - in a live stream last week, they re-committed to their "summer 2022" timeline for releasing the Home Edition version of GTPGA.
Of course, you can take that for what it's worth, I guess.

Yeah based on their track record since covid I'd say late summer would be a win. It's already been pushed back almost a year, I would not be surprised to see more delays.

#2217 2 years ago

I'm struggling to see what the PGA edition is bringing to the game in it's current state. A "battle pass" for cosmetics? My golfer hasn't changed clothes since I built him.

Physics seem identical to the current game, so that isn't an excuse to upgrade.

Official PGA courses are neat, but 5-7 courses a year on the current system (with this being the "final 5 years" of support) means we'll see at least 25 new courses, which will push it to 100+ courses. That's a LOT of golf. New PGA stuff would have to add an additional 5+ on top of that for me to see it as home value.

I'm sure I'll upgrade to a PGA HE eventually, but I suspect it will be years before it's a) available and b) worth it.

#2218 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'm struggling to see what the PGA edition is bringing to the game in it's current state. A "battle pass" for cosmetics? My golfer hasn't changed clothes since I built him.
Physics seem identical to the current game, so that isn't an excuse to upgrade.
Official PGA courses are neat, but 5-7 courses a year on the current system (with this being the "final 5 years" of support) means we'll see at least 25 new courses, which will push it to 100+ courses. That's a LOT of golf. New PGA stuff would have to add an additional 5+ on top of that for me to see it as home value.
I'm sure I'll upgrade to a PGA HE eventually, but I suspect it will be years before it's a) available and b) worth it.

The primary motivator for you after a few years will be the ability to participate with Events or play online with your friends. After they sunset the GT Live Legacy platform, you'll have to be on the new GTPGA platform or you'll be left out in the cold, just like the folks who had Fore units.

If you don't care about playing online anymore, then you're probably not going to miss much.

They've already said the addition of the PGA courses was to bring the game to a whole new audience of players. Some folks didn't like playing "goofy golf." I.T. is trying to get those people to step up to the machines now.

#2219 2 years ago

It sounds like they're going to start adding more distinguishing features starting with the '22 update.

It is weird though that they seem to be trying to please everyone. They want the new more serious demographic but also don't want to lose us current players. Not sure how it will turn out, I imagine the official PGA courses will be considered boring or a different kind of challenge compared to the GT ones. Maybe it will be a test of who can nail their second shot since I can't see any real course that is too long to hit the green in 2 shots.

#2220 2 years ago

Ugh I'm having a huge headache with my golden tee. I have the 2021 version installed, called It, gave them my info and got setup for online. No matter what I do though, I cannot get it to connect. It won't even seem to get an IP address with a wired connection. Tried dhcp and manual. Even tried a USB wifi dongle that connects to my network only during the setup and then never again, but that's a hair further than I got with the wired connection.

Replaced my motherboard thinking maybe that was it, now have a db75en, got it all up and running and same dang thing, same behavior wired and wireless.

I'm out of ideas.

#2221 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Ugh I'm having a huge headache with my golden tee. I have the 2021 version installed, called It, gave them my info and got setup for online. No matter what I do though, I cannot get it to connect. It won't even seem to get an IP address with a wired connection. Tried dhcp and manual. Even tried a USB wifi dongle that connects to my network only during the setup and then never again, but that's a hair further than I got with the wired connection.
Replaced my motherboard thinking maybe that was it, now have a db75en, got it all up and running and same dang thing, same behavior wired and wireless.
I'm out of ideas.

I had the same issues with a dg41 no matter what it would not connect. I have never had any issues with the db75en. Go into the bios and see if there is any option to mess with the Ethernet port. Can also try going to intels site and updating the bios to whatever the last one was.

#2222 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I had the same issues with a dg41 no matter what it would not connect. I have never had any issues with the db75en. Go into the bios and see if there is any option to mess with the Ethernet port. Can also try going to intels site and updating the bios to whatever the last one was.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did have to update the db75en to a .46 bios to get my video card to work, and I think that was the latest available, and still no joy with the ethernet port.

Only thing I see in the bios would be the actual enable or disable for the lan port but it's greyed out as "enabled".

i had a dq965gf and it did the same thing before.

I'm to the point where I'm wondering if somehow my router is blocking it even. Or if it's the image on my hdd (I even did the offline update for that and no luck)

#2223 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Thanks for the suggestions. I did have to update the db75en to a .46 bios to get my video card to work, and I think that was the latest available, and still no joy with the ethernet port.
Only thing I see in the bios would be the actual enable or disable for the lan port but it's greyed out as "enabled".
i had a dq965gf and it did the same thing before.
I'm to the point where I'm wondering if somehow my router is blocking it even. Or if it's the image on my hdd (I even did the offline update for that and no luck)

Just tried an Ubuntu live USB stick and my Ethernet port worked just fine then. Grrr spent all day on this, again. I'm about to give up

#2224 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Just tried an Ubuntu live USB stick and my Ethernet port worked just fine then. Grrr spent all day on this, again. I'm about to give up

I'd try the facebook home owner's group. There are some people there who pretty much do golden tee for a living and they should be able to give some suggestions.

#2225 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

I'd try the facebook home owner's group. There are some people there who pretty much do golden tee for a living and they should be able to give some suggestions.

Tempting as it is, I'm like the one guy that doesn't have a facebook account. Thank you though, I really do appreciate any tips I can get.

#2226 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Tempting as it is, I'm like the one guy that doesn't have a facebook account. Thank you though, I really do appreciate any tips I can get.

Probably stupid but did you try the call option? In the menu you can have it call I.T and any time mine won't connect that seems to fix it.

#2227 2 years ago

It's the hard drive. Get a replacement hard drive and your connection issues should go away.

#2228 2 years ago

It's the hard drive. Get a replacement hard drive and your connection issues should go away.

Like you think the data is corrupted on it, and I should purchase a completely new one? Or that the drive itself has issues and I could re-image it to another drive?

#2229 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Probably stupid but did you try the call option? In the menu you can have it call I.T and any time mine won't connect that seems to fix it.

Not stupid at all, but yeah, I tried on both wifi and wired and no luck.

#2230 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Like you think the data is corrupted on it, and I should purchase a completely new one? Or that the drive itself has issues and I could re-image it to another drive?

Could be either, but I'm leaning more towards corrupt data on a fully functioning drive.

If you need a copy of the 2021 hard drive, I can provide a download link for you. But you'll need to ensure your machine is connected to the internet when you boot the drive. It's imprinted on my game's hardware, so the only way the drive image can be used on another machine is with a valid internet connection and a verified online ITnet account. Once your machine connects to ITnet with the replacement drive, it will "re-imprint" itself to the new hardware and you'll be ready to go.

If you boot the drive in your game without connecting to the internet, you'll get the dreaded "IO mismatch error" and your game will be unplayable (bricked) until you contact I.T. to remove the error flag. Again, it's required to be connected to the internet for this too

#2231 2 years ago

Could be either, but I'm leaning more towards corrupt data on a fully functioning drive.
If you need a copy of the 2021 hard drive, I can provide a download link for you. But you'll need to ensure your machine is connected to the internet when you boot the drive. It's imprinted on my game's hardware, so the only way the drive image can be used on another machine is with a valid internet connection and a verified online ITnet account. Once your machine connects to ITnet with the replacement drive, it will "re-imprint" itself to the new hardware and you'll be ready to go.
If you boot the drive in your game without connecting to the internet, you'll get the dreaded "IO mismatch error" and your game will be unplayable (bricked) until you contact I.T. to remove the error flag. Again, it's required to be connected to the internet for this too

Yes! That would be seriously amazing!

Just to make sure- if I do this, and let's say everything goes wrong, I get the IO mismatch AND I still can't connect either (and used a new drive for your image, keeping my current one) could I just pop the old drive back in and be back where I started but at least have it working offline still?

#2232 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Yes! That would be seriously amazing!
Just to make sure- if I do this, and let's say everything goes wrong, I get the IO mismatch AND I still can't connect either (and used a new drive for your image, keeping my current one) could I just pop the old drive back in and be back where I started but at least have it working offline still?

Yes. I'll shoot you a PM.

#2233 2 years ago

I've been playing golden tee Home edition for a year. I'm really liking it still. I play it way more than my pins currently. I updated to 21 and have been working on my skills. A good game is about -9 to -14 for me. my putting still needs work, I've messed around with using thumbs but it seems hit and miss (haha). Anyway just wanted to say what a great value this is compared to pinball.

#2234 2 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

I've been playing golden tee Home edition for a year. I'm really liking it still. I play it way more than my pins currently. I updated to 21 and have been working on my skills. A good game is about -9 to -14 for me. my putting still needs work, I've messed around with using thumbs but it seems hit and miss (haha). Anyway just wanted to say what a great value this is compared to pinball.

Did you try the ladder against the computer yet? I was scoring about where you score and then I played through that and something about being able to watch the computer and then try and mimic their shot really helped my game.

#2235 2 years ago

Any of you guys have Target Toss loaded up on your machines?

#2236 2 years ago

I had it on one of my older machines. My son liked playing it a little, but I play GT every day, so we rarely loaded it up.

It's fun

#2237 2 years ago

Raw Talk FTW.

Quoted from ExSquid:

#2238 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Target Toss is probably my most favorite game of all of the games I.T. released. Don't get me wrong, golf is fun, but Target Toss offers more in terms of party game play, in my opinion. The kids absolutely love it. Poker Darts, 301, Cricket, so much fun.

The only drawback at this point is that Target Toss doesn't run on current hardware; you really have do "dumb down" your system specs to get it to load. Older mobo, older graphics card, etc etc etc.

They're releasing a remastered version of Target Toss very soon and I hope to have my hands on it as soon as it comes out. Should run on new hardware, and should support 1080p output. Bonus!

#2239 2 years ago

So if I wanted to buy a Golden Tee now for my home whats my best option? Which version and are they even available?

#2240 2 years ago

They're releasing a remastered version of Target Toss very soon and I hope to have my hands on it as soon as it comes out. Should run on new hardware, and should support 1080p output. Bonus!

That is FANTASTIC news -- Target Toss is a great (and quick!) party game. I'd love to pick it up for my rig if it were available.

#2241 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So if I wanted to buy a Golden Tee now for my home whats my best option? Which version and are they even available?

https://www.fsgaminggt.com/

#2242 2 years ago

Thanks. Its my understanding I wont be able to get the PGA courses with this edition correct?

#2243 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thanks. Its my understanding I wont be able to get the PGA courses with this edition correct?

That's correct. The Home Edition version of the Golden Tee PGA game will not be available until some time next year, according to I.T.

They are currently saying Summeer 2022 for the release of the GTPGAHE

#2244 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Raw Talk FTW.

I have Power Putt on my machine and Raw Talk was a huge hit when I had people over. I thought it sounded juvenile when I read what it was, and it totally is juvenile but with a couple of friends battling it makes for some pretty funny moments.

Speaking of power putt I found it a lot of fun, wish there was a way to play online with stats and stuff at home.

#2245 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Speaking of power putt I found it a lot of fun, wish there was a way to play online with stats and stuff at home.

Online home versions of Target Toss and Power Putt would rock.

#2246 2 years ago

Will IT ever offer all their fringe games(minus GT) in one package for a considerable up charge? With them all sharing a lot of the same controls/cabinet just seems to make more sense for the consumer.

#2247 2 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Will IT ever offer all their fringe games(minus GT) in one package for a considerable up charge? With them all sharing a lot of the same controls/cabinet just seems to make more sense for the consumer.

Not sure if they still make them, but a long time ago I got a kit that allowed me to hook two games to one cab. At the time, I had silver strike and Fore! in a cab, but I remember that Bags would work. Both boards would run simultaneously, so switching back and forth was instant and done by an added switch. Had it for a long time until I got a newer pedestal cab.

#2248 2 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

I thought that was the plan along with the PGA tour release. They were releasing a single system with bags, power putt and darts in one or something like that. Offline though as far as I know

#2249 2 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Not sure if they still make them, but a long time ago I got a kit that allowed me to hook two games to one cab. At the time, I had silver strike and Fore! in a cab, but I remember that Bags would work. Both boards would run simultaneously, so switching back and forth was instant and done by an added switch. Had it for a long time until I got a newer pedestal cab.

Ya I have seen that before, pretty cool but not mainstream to where I think they could sell a boatload of them.

#2250 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

I thought that was the plan along with the PGA tour release. They were releasing a single system with bags, power putt and darts in one or something like that. Offline though as far as I know

That would be awesome. I just figured they wouldn’t want to include GT since it’s their flagship product and really no need to sweeten the pot, especially with the PGA now having their license and the artwork.

There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.