Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 74.
#2151 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

So I don't know wtf now.
the game is in my garage. IT's fucking huge. I can't get it into the house.
I need to hook it up to an ethernet cable apparently?
I called just now and they marked the thing as change over to home use machine now.
I jsut need an 80' ethernet extension cable I guess to run it to the garage. Seems like one of these idiots in sales would have asked waht my needs were, or tried to sell me the wifi dongle or something.
I mean I was clear the entire time that it's a commercial machine going to home use.

I used a wi fi extender that plugs into the wall and has a Ethernet port.

#2152 2 years ago

I have a golden tee PGA on order but it apparantly wont come until mid 22. Is there a big difference between this years version and next?

#2153 2 years ago

What kind of worthless !@#$!@Gva doesn't anticipate the needs of their customer, and try to sell them more shit? I mean who is that stupid?

Here is my wiring status , haha. All 4 plugs are currently used . Does it matter which one I pull to put the update stick in?

634DEC5E-F564-4FC8-92FB-0A31FBCE0017 (resized).jpeg634DEC5E-F564-4FC8-92FB-0A31FBCE0017 (resized).jpegCC706BC3-1EEB-420B-83AD-BD02BD358BFC (resized).jpegCC706BC3-1EEB-420B-83AD-BD02BD358BFC (resized).jpegDBF5CE05-8434-4AF1-A8EF-75CCB753FC28 (resized).jpegDBF5CE05-8434-4AF1-A8EF-75CCB753FC28 (resized).jpeg
#2154 2 years ago

So I need to either buy their ridiculously priced dongle, or

https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirect/picassoRedirect.html/ref=pa_sp_atf_aps_sr_pg1_1

and an ethernet cable and it just sits in my cab?

#2155 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have a golden tee PGA on order but it apparantly wont come until mid 22. Is there a big difference between this years version and next?

It's a new engine for the first time in like 15 years, so yeah it's a big difference!

It has PGA branding and official PGA courses. It's 4k, has a brand new cabinet with a touch screen in it for signing in, new everything basically since it's a new engine. It's pretty sweet looking.

#2156 2 years ago

fantastic

my game now has an i/o mismatch.

they turned my game to home edition as we are having a conversation that they knew I don' have a 100' ethernet cable.

so....can I put the new security chip in, and put the new update stick in WITHOUT internet access for now? And upgrade to online once I figure out the ethernet cable later?

#2157 2 years ago

So, As I whine like a little baby, I am also thinking about my problem….

Since it now has an i/o mismatch it must be connecting to the internet some how at bootup.

Can I just go ahead with the update and hope it works (without getting an ethernet cable)?

#2158 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

So, As I whine like a little baby, I am also thinking about my problem….
Since it now has an i/o mismatch it must be connecting to the internet some how at bootup.
Can I just go ahead with the update and hope it works (without getting an ethernet cable)?

Once the I/O mismatch flag is tripped, there's nothing you can do until you contact I.T. tech support and have them assist you in getting it cleared. For that, you'll need to have the game connected to the internet.

#2159 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Once the I/O mismatch flag is tripped, there's nothing you can do until you contact I.T. tech support and have them assist you in getting it cleared. For that, you'll need to have the game connected to the internet.

The io mismatch is tripped

BECAUSE

I called them.

Presumably on their end, in anticipation of me doing the upgrade.

BECAUSE it has an io mismatch, doesn't that mean my machine connects to the internet already?

#2160 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

The io mismatch is tripped
BECAUSE
I called them.
Presumably on their end, in anticipation of me doing the upgrade.
BECAUSE it has an io mismatch, doesn't that mean my machine connects to the internet already?

No, the I/O mismatch error has tripped because the game has been booted with a hardware change - different I/O board, different security chip, different hard drive, something is different than when the game was working before.

To clear the error, you will need to give the cabinet ID (CID) barcode to IT Tech support, and then they will run a process on the back-end that will allow your game to clear the error when connected to INnet. For that, you will need to connect your game to ethernet and boot up (after calling them.)

#2161 2 years ago

That isnt what happened.

I have done nothing to the game.

I called them and said I want it changed to home edition so I can upgrade.

Then the guy tells me I need an ethernet cable . So I’ve done nothing.

The game is clearly connecting to the internet somehow or I wouldn't have an io mismatch.

So the question that I keep asking is….since i am connecting to the internet, should I now install the security chip and upgrade usb stick and see if it goes? Using only whatever internet connection it seems to currently have.

#2162 2 years ago

It's probably connecting to ITnet using the cell phone modem on the I/O board. Enough to talk to IT, but probably not enough to verify your game's subscription to process the update.

But at this point, it's bricked anyway, so there's no reason you can't process the upgrade. You're going to have to at some point, so might as well go ahead and plug the USB stick in, swap in the new security chip (make sure it's not in backwards!) and turn on the game. If you received an offline upgrade, you'll be able to proceed with the upgrade just by pressing the start button. If you received and online upgrade, you'll probably need to be connected to the internet (not cell signal) to proceed with the upgrade.

As far as which USB cord to unplug for the update stick, just unplug the one for the card reader. You can plug the card reader back in later after you're done.

#2163 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

It's a new engine for the first time in like 15 years, so yeah it's a big difference!
It has PGA branding and official PGA courses. It's 4k, has a brand new cabinet with a touch screen in it for signing in, new everything basically since it's a new engine. It's pretty sweet looking.

I guess I should wait then. Will fill the space with more pins until its ready

#2164 2 years ago

ha, I just finished a call with your man Walt 10 seconds ago and he said basically the same thing.

I told him I thought my machine was connecting to the internet based on the logic I spelled out before.

He told me plug i nthe new chip, new update stick and I should be good.

then i will be updated....offline....and go from there.

#2165 2 years ago

So the question now is

do I pay $72 for a wifi dongle?

Or if there is another way that is cheaper I am down for that as well.

My intent is to compete, online, home edition style.

#2166 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

So the question now is
do I pay $72 for a wifi dongle?
Or if there is another way that is cheaper I am down for that as well.
My intent is to compete, online, home edition style.

Just buy this:

ebay.com link: itm

And then go double check your USB cables - you should only have 3 plugged into the computer: 1. I/O board, 2. CID, and 3. Card reader. The 4th cable can be unplugged and you can put your WiFi adapter in that port. Boot your game, go into system setup menus, find the WiFi configuration menu, and from there you should be able to figure it out. This is, of course, assuming you have already enrolled in your online subscription and have received confirmation that your game's subscription has been been processed. You'll remain red-lighted until then.

#2167 2 years ago

I am going to update tonight after work.

then I will buy the online subscription.

I have a keypad as the 4th thing plugged in I am assuming. I will remove it for the usb flashdrive to update.

SO buying that thing you just linked will get me going vs buying that $72 dongle?

thanks pal

I appreciate your input on here and over the phone.

#2168 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I am going to update tonight after work.
then I will buy the online subscription.
I have a keypad as the 4th thing plugged in I am assuming. I will remove it for the usb flashdrive to update.
SO buying that thing you just linked will get me going vs buying that $72 dongle?
thanks pal
I appreciate your input on here and over the phone.

OK, so you have both a keypad AND a card reader. In that case, you'll need to get yourself a small USB hub. Anything on Amazon will work.

Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Portable-MacBook-Windows-HB-MCRM/dp/B00L2442H0

hub (resized).jpghub (resized).jpg

Just unplug your card reader or keypad and put this hub in it's place. Then plug in whatever devices you want into the hub. Good to go.

#2169 2 years ago

I tried booting it once, it said something about usb, turn off game, turn on after 10 seconds.
Did that twice , then figured I had better try a different usb port.

Did so, and it started really looking optimistic, but now its stuck on this screen.

4B126928-686F-4898-847C-C3127217DC36 (resized).jpeg4B126928-686F-4898-847C-C3127217DC36 (resized).jpeg
#2170 2 years ago

3 more pics. Says booting from hard drive. Shouldn't it be booting from the flash drive I inserted ?

4B8325EF-24B8-4FF9-903D-BA1ACEB87171 (resized).jpeg4B8325EF-24B8-4FF9-903D-BA1ACEB87171 (resized).jpeg6EA388F8-9B40-4A29-AF75-091A9373DFBB (resized).jpeg6EA388F8-9B40-4A29-AF75-091A9373DFBB (resized).jpegF0AE387B-8C3B-48BC-824C-D10516175879 (resized).jpegF0AE387B-8C3B-48BC-824C-D10516175879 (resized).jpeg
#2171 2 years ago

Tried it again (several times), because I am a sucker for wasting my time.

Got a slightly different screen before the red screen of
Software incompatible with hardware.

752F0EB1-9CAE-4850-8566-5EEA7CB0B125 (resized).jpeg752F0EB1-9CAE-4850-8566-5EEA7CB0B125 (resized).jpeg

#2172 2 years ago

You should probably get on the Home Edition Facebook group. There's a few folks there who would probably be willing to give you a call and walk you through some issues.

Also, to those considering waiting for PGA HE...I'd be SHOCKED if we see it within a year. With supply chain issues and delays, I'm going 18-24 months.

#2173 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

You should probably get on the Home Edition Facebook group. There's a few folks there who would probably be willing to give you a call and walk you through some issues.
Also, to those considering waiting for PGA HE...I'd be SHOCKED if we see it within a year. With supply chain issues and delays, I'm going 18-24 months.

I wonder if the delays will affect their decision to support the current HE for 5 more years. Maybe we'll get an extra year out of it lol

#2174 2 years ago

Try shuffling around the USB cords where they are connected on the computer. For some reason your PC isn't recognizing that there's an update stick plugged in. You have a total of 4 USB ports on that system, hopefully one of them will work for the USB stick.

If I remember correctly, they're using USB 3.0 sticks now, and they can be finicky on what port they're plugged into. The rest of the equipment in the game (I/O board, CID, keypad, card reader) are all USB 2.0, so they can be moved around to different ports.

Actually, I would recommend that you just leave the keypad and card reader unplugged during your update process. Just leave the I/O board and CID plugged in. That would leave you 2 free USB ports to choose from for your update stick.

#2175 2 years ago

I tried 3 of the 4 usb ports. My guess is the 4th one will be the same as the other 3.

I called and got Walt again (randomly)

He is sending me another thumb drive.

I will report back.

#2176 2 years ago

I can copy the files off my thumb drive and throw it on my dropbox if you want to get it done sooner. PM me if so.

Quoted from TronGuy:

I tried 3 of the 4 usb ports. My guess is the 4th one will be the same as the other 3.
I called and got Walt again (randomly)
He is sending me another thumb drive.
I will report back.

#2177 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I can copy the files off my thumb drive and throw it on my dropbox if you want to get it done sooner. PM me if so.

Not necessary. Here's the file he needs:

https://store1.gofile.io/download/36d1e078-4e7f-4f1c-a043-8f97ff2f65cc/gt21-offline-update-16.04.08.imgc

This is a hard drive image of the thumb drive. Use the program HDD Raw Copy portable to burn the image to a freshly formatted 32gb or bigger thumb drive.

If you need HDD Raw Copy, here it is (for Windows):

https://store2.gofile.io/download/62eb2d37-8f8d-414d-8168-d453e8609dab/HDDRawCopy1.10Portable.exe.zip

#2178 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I didnt think the GTPGAHE were available for puchase to us yet????

#2179 2 years ago

I suck at all that. I am probably just waiting for the new stick.

#2180 2 years ago

Well my 4 port usb hub (you suggested) showed up so I decided to plug the flash drive into it….and plug the hub into the computer.

What do you know, it recognized the external drive all of a sudden.

Its still loading, but I am optimistic it may work at this point. It already showed me the 2021 screen, had me hit start, and is rebooting now.

#2181 2 years ago

Here’s a quick video of the new Golden Tee.

CFE1606D-DD0E-45A5-90F9-73AD0DC8EE64 (resized).jpegCFE1606D-DD0E-45A5-90F9-73AD0DC8EE64 (resized).jpeg2A95D780-F257-47A9-AA18-E440C156033F (resized).jpeg2A95D780-F257-47A9-AA18-E440C156033F (resized).jpeg
#2182 2 years ago

Not sure I care for the bright blue strip light surrounding the monitor, a bit of a distraction. What is the final released pricing and how many PGA courses are on it now?

Did you do that video Coz and if so what are your thoughts on it?

#2183 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure I care for the bright blue strip light surrounding the monitor, a bit of a distraction. What is the final released pricing and how many PGA courses are on it now?
Did you do that video Coz and if so what are your thoughts on it?

It’s not my video. I just looked it up on google- looks nice. Here’s a couple articles on the new model.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/golden-tee-pga-tour-brings-real-golf-courses-to-series-for-first-time/1100-6491501/

https://livewire.itsgames.com/news/16627-golden-tee-pga-tour-edition

#2184 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

It’s not my video

Haha fooled me the side profile of that guy looks just like your avatar pic

#2185 2 years ago

Well 5 hours later and its still downloading, hahahaha. Its making progress though.

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Well 5 hours later and its still downloading, hahahaha. Its making progress though.

Damn lol. Your'e still on the cell connection though right? I guess that's understandable

#2187 2 years ago

Yep.

I went to bed, let it load all night.

Woke up to to 100 prompts to shut off the game and turn it back on.

In business!

Bottom line, the thumb drive didn't like my usb ports. As soon as I plugged in that usb hub and used it (nice, new, tight connection I suppose?), it did its job.

165AD4B5-CA10-4A6B-9827-3351CA797165 (resized).jpeg165AD4B5-CA10-4A6B-9827-3351CA797165 (resized).jpeg

#2188 2 years ago

Ok , I am 1 and 0 against Daly now.

Sub-standard score of -27 on catadreas beach, but a good game nonetheless.

#2189 2 years ago

Just buy this:
ebay.com link: itm
And then go double check your USB cables - you should only have 3 plugged into the computer: 1. I/O board, 2. CID, and 3. Card reader. The 4th cable can be unplugged and you can put your WiFi adapter in that port. Boot your game, go into system setup menus, find the WiFi configuration menu, and from there you should be able to figure it out. This is, of course, assuming you have already enrolled in your online subscription and have received confirmation that your game's subscription has been been processed. You'll remain red-lighted until then.

Hey so this is set to arrive today! How do I use it to get online, AND, then do I call IT to get connected to online gaming?

#2190 2 years ago

Does anyone have a golden tee for sale?

#2191 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

If you don't mind using facebook this is your fastest avenue to finding a machine. Lots of guys who appear to make their living dealing in these machines on that page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693886884125319/

#2192 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Hey so this is set to arrive today! How do I use it to get online, AND, then do I call IT to get connected to online gaming?

Make sure the WiFi adapter is plugged in before turning the game on, then once the game is up and running, just go into the system setup menus and look for WiFi Setup. It should be relatively self explanatory from there.

You won't go green-lighted though (available for online play) until you enroll your machine and you get confirmation that your machine ID has been authorized by IT.

I think the best way to get get your machine online is to call Walt, but you can can also go here:

https://store.itsgames.com/products/annual-online-subscription

#2193 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Reach out to Brad smalltownguy2

#2194 2 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Reach out to Brad smalltownguy2

Only one have I left at this point is my own personal game. Not selling just yet

#2195 2 years ago

So i just plug this little thing in my usb hub?

I keep getting an error .

I dont need to use the cdrom that came with it do I?

Edit , hang tight, my wife changed the wifi password. I will report back.

Edit again, up and running. Calling Walt now.

#2196 2 years ago

Only one have I left at this point is my own personal game. Not selling just yet

lol, not selling mine either.......

#2197 2 years ago

How can I add funds to my WALLET from home?

#2198 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

How can I add funds to my WALLET from home?

App or website. Don't think you can do it on the machine

#2199 2 years ago

I downloaded a GT app , not sure its correct.

I would be open to advice concerning:
Correct app to download

Once in, what is the golf ball of choice?
Clubs of choice?
Any advice anyone cares to share, for competitive play.

#2200 2 years ago

Check that, i already had the app. Got some $ put in.

There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.