Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 74.
#2051 2 years ago

Keep your ball clean.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1323-life-s-add-ons/05165-golden-tee-ball-dust-cover

C224AF71-E8D9-441C-9278-6F2438B05A0D_1_105_c (resized).jpegC224AF71-E8D9-441C-9278-6F2438B05A0D_1_105_c (resized).jpegFC8BFE7C-EBDE-42CA-818E-7CE68DFD2227_1_105_c (resized).jpegFC8BFE7C-EBDE-42CA-818E-7CE68DFD2227_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#2052 2 years ago

Custom drink holders

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1323-life-s-add-ons/05164-golden-tee-drink-holder

9EA42E70-A152-401B-AFF6-FF5496100969_1_105_c (resized).jpeg9EA42E70-A152-401B-AFF6-FF5496100969_1_105_c (resized).jpegE12A6EFB-002A-4C6E-913B-A584843198B9_1_105_c (resized).jpegE12A6EFB-002A-4C6E-913B-A584843198B9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#2053 2 years ago

New course is out. It feels harder than Tropical Falls (lots of subtle cuts). Really enjoying these remastered experiences!

#2055 2 years ago

I just throw a microfiber towel over the trackball when I'm done...

Quoted from Yelobird:

Picked up both of these for our game. Look awesome!! Well done.

#2056 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Good for you. I rather like his creation and works perfectly.

#2057 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I do the same.....

I do like this idea, but I'm apprehensive about having drinks this close to my GT.
Can this be used on either side of the cabinet?

Nice work!

#2058 2 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I do the same.....

I do like this idea, but I'm apprehensive about having drinks this close to my GT.
Can this be used on either side of the cabinet?
Nice work!

Yes fits on either side and doesn’t have to be mounted in the front as shown. Ours is on the side towards the rear. Sure beats goofy visitors wanting to rest a beverage on the slanted top.

#2059 2 years ago

Recently picked up a 2019 live 30 yr anniversary. Really fun times but have a few questions for you GT experts.

Do I need to have an operators card for any good reason? The machine did not come with one.

Telephone Keypad on rear of machine?? I faintly remember these in bars but I don’t know what it’s for. If not connected to the internet then it’s pointless right?

How do you update courses? Through the manufacturer? The machine says I have a sprint signal but says it’s not registered. Guessing this goes along with operator card.

This is just for home use even though it was an arcade version.

Thanks for any insight. Appreciate it!

#2060 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes fits on either side and doesn’t have to be mounted in the front as shown. Ours is on the side towards the rear. Sure beats goofy visitors wanting to rest a beverage on the slanted top.

Thanks Yelobird

#2061 2 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Do I need to have an operators card for any good reason?

No

Quoted from Meri-cah:

Telephone Keypad on rear of machine??

If you want to use your customized player and track your stats, but don't have your card, you can enter a pin on the keypad to bring up your account.

Quoted from Meri-cah:

How do you update courses?

Yes, the updates come on a flash drive that you purchase from the manufacturer.

#2062 2 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

No

If you want to use your customized player and track your stats, but don't have your card, you can enter a pin on the keypad to bring up your account.

Yes, the updates come on a flash drive that you purchase from the manufacturer.

Thank you so much for that info!

#2063 2 years ago

Post these on the golden tee open postings group on Facebook and you will sell a few.

#2064 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Post these on the golden tee open postings group on Facebook and you will sell a few.

Better yet, post in the GT Home Edition owners group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/254697198048158

#2065 2 years ago

Golden tee clubhouse edition, anyone replaced old crt monitor with newer lcd. Tried this getting signal out of range, tried 2 different monitors. Any ideas?

#2066 2 years ago
Quoted from jpinb:

Golden tee clubhouse edition, anyone replaced old crt monitor with newer lcd. Tried this getting signal out of range, tried 2 different monitors. Any ideas?

Pretty sure that game runs at a pretty low resolution, something like 640x480. Most newer monitors aren't set up to display a resolution that low.

#2067 2 years ago

Hooked up to old touch screen game with a crt monitor and worked. Guess I'll search for a old monitor.

#2068 2 years ago
Quoted from jpinb:

I think Suzo Happ sells a conversion board for this, it's cheap; like under $100

#2069 2 years ago

Thanks I'll look into.

#2070 2 years ago

WTB Golden Tee looking for a factory pedestal I don’t want a cutdown. Anyone got one they want to sell? The year isn’t important more about bashing in the man cave

1 week later
#2071 2 years ago

We picked up an early version of golden tee dirt cheap for my buddies bar. Seems to work well but we have to reset it to free play every time we turn it on. I see a small watch style battery in there but it appears soldered to the board. Is this the memory battery? If so, how should I replace it?

#2072 2 years ago

It’s the cmos battery for the computer. If you power the game on and the computer boots the battery is fine. If you replace that battery you will need to go into the bios and set it to turn on after power failure.

#2073 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

It’s the cmos battery for the computer. If you power the game on and the computer boots the battery is fine. If you replace that battery you will need to go into the bios and set it to turn on after power failure.

Ok, I'm new to these types of repairs. Do I need to replace it or is there something else I need to do?

#2074 2 years ago

Ya id ignore my last post as that’s for a newer nighthawk. You can order a 2032 battery holder on Amazon and just desolder the old battery off and replace it with a new one. That way you can always replace the battery.

#2075 2 years ago

Anyone hear any rumors about when GT 2022 will be released? I'm still on 2020 but held off buying the 2021 upgrade.

#2076 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone hear any rumors about when GT 2022 will be released? I'm still on 2020 but held off buying the 2021 upgrade.

My latest research tells me 2022 Home Edition will be available in March or April of 2022.

#2077 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

My latest research tells me 2022 Home Edition will be available in March or April of 2022.

Oof. Figured it'd be late given PGA, but that's later than I thought.

#2078 2 years ago

Looking to buy a Golden Tee but had these questions if someone can help.

Is GT retiring and PGA tour the new golden tee moving forward?
Is there more value in the resell by buying the commercial version? — maybe more loss as upgrades might cost more?
It sounds like GT might have more courses than PGA tour? I know I saw an ad that said GT had close to 100 courses and PGA Tour looks like 80~ courses.
For online play, are you actually playing multiplayer or are you just going against other peoples scores?

Thanks.

#2079 2 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Looking to buy a Golden Tee but had these questions if someone can help.
Is GT retiring and PGA tour the new golden tee moving forward?

Current GT Live platform is winding down (4 more years to go) - GTPGA is the new platform.

Quoted from huo:

Is there more value in the resell by buying the commercial version? — maybe more loss as upgrades might cost more?

No real difference in re-sale value. The only difference between the commercial game and home edition game is the coin vault and the security chip. Hard drive is the same - it's the security chip that tells the software which version of the game to run. Commercial games have a coin vault (so the game can collect money) and home edition games do not.

Quoted from huo:

It sounds like GT might have more courses than PGA tour? I know I saw an ad that said GT had close to 100 courses and PGA Tour looks like 80~ courses. For online play, are you actually playing multiplayer or are you just going against other peoples scores?

Both "GT Live Legacy Platform" (which is current) and GT PGA (new) have the exact same courses. The only difference with GT PGA is the presence of the PGA courses (currently 3 announced, likely more by launch) on the game. Those PGA courses are rendered in 4K resolution. Still no word as to whether or not all of the rest of the courses (some 95+ now) are remastered in 4K or not. I'm guessing not. Perhaps in 2022-2026 the new courses released each year will be rendered in 4K as well as lower resolutions, so the new GT PGA cabs can display those new courses in 4K while the Legacy platform will remain at 1080p.

For online play, it's really just stat-tracking. There is no live player vs player between machines that I know of. Up to four human players can share a single machine and take turns during a round like always. You are playing against other completed scores posted by other machines on ITnet.

1 week later
#2080 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

For online play, it's really just stat-tracking. There is no live player vs player between machines that I know of. Up to four human players can share a single machine and take turns during a round like always. You are playing against other completed scores posted by other machines on ITnet.

When you have 3 neighbors over and play an online invite game I would consider that live. Throw in a few drinks and food and you got a great time there.

I wish we could compete in the money shot on the home unit.

#2081 2 years ago

The GoldenTeeGo was perfect for me. I wish I got one, they sell for $$ now. I've heard a newer home version will be zvailable which I am hoping for. Plug and play to my existing stuff works for me.

1 week later
#2082 2 years ago

Game Part Smart has been sold to Brandon Falk. All further inquiries on GT Live and GT Fore cabinet conversion kits should be directed to:
[email protected]
Thanks!
Tom

2 weeks later
#2083 2 years ago

Anyone looking to offload a newer cabinet?

3 weeks later
#2084 2 years ago

Anyone Interested in a 2017 Golden Tee with pedestal? HUO. Clean. $2400
Long Island pick up only.
PM me.
Tom

8E82ACFE-3B9F-473F-9255-0C12DB3B7BE9 (resized).jpeg8E82ACFE-3B9F-473F-9255-0C12DB3B7BE9 (resized).jpegE354459E-F60D-4B41-BE72-66C3BE2C5591 (resized).jpegE354459E-F60D-4B41-BE72-66C3BE2C5591 (resized).jpeg
#2085 2 years ago

Are you including the stand or TV?

Great deal here!

#2086 2 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Are you including the stand or TV?
Great deal here!

Stand, everything works great.

#2087 2 years ago

You are $500-$800 underpriced on a bad day.

Quoted from ExSquid:

Anyone Interested in a 2017 Golden Tee with pedestal? HUO. Clean. $2400
Long Island pick up only.
PM me.
Tom
[quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#2088 2 years ago

Where can I look to determine what year my Golden Tee pedestal is ?

#2089 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Where can I look to determine what year my Golden Tee pedestal is ?

So many things can be swapped out on a pedestal it might be tough to determine. Try looking at the label on your Nighthawk computer. They're usually stickered with the software version that was shipped with the game. This is, of course, assuming you still have the same Nighthawk in the game as shipped.

2 weeks later
#2090 2 years ago

So i guess by looking at this it’s 2016 pedestal? Any idea of what these are selling for? It is a HUO commercial unit that was converted to a home unit. Still in great shape upgraded to 2020 software and has the factory tv stand and a 43 inch Roku. I also added the card swipe unit as it didn’t come with that

C1D61180-3BD2-4B01-B9E4-5B90A71BDBA4 (resized).jpegC1D61180-3BD2-4B01-B9E4-5B90A71BDBA4 (resized).jpeg

#2091 2 years ago

I'd say it's worth $3K

#2092 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Tizzle:

Anyone looking to offload a newer cabinet?

I have a connection for you if you are still looking.

2 weeks later
#2093 2 years ago

So I sold my gt2019 a few months back.

I just picked up a 2020 this week.

One distinct difference that I cannot seem to adjust is the ability to hit the start button, tee it high or low, and move my position within the teeing ground.

Is this a software change between 2019 and 2020?

I went through the test menu and couldn't figure it out.

Now that I think about it, I think I was buying tees on a 2020 commercial unit. So I want to say 2020 does have this feature. I cant seem to find it on mine.

#2094 2 years ago

On commercial units, you must buy golden tees, on a HE, they're free/unlimited.

#2095 2 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

On commercial units, you must buy golden tees, on a HE, they're free/unlimited.

This.

Did you buy a commercial 2020 or a Home Edition? If it's commercial, you'll need to contact IT and get them to convert it for you.

#2096 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

This.
Did you buy a commercial 2020 or a Home Edition? If it's commercial, you'll need to contact IT and get them to convert it for you.

It is a commercial unit (I believe), set to freeplay. Guess its time to convert it. I wanted to wait for 2022 to drop before I upgraded.

#2097 2 years ago

So…..I should be able to set it for $ for play, and then pump it full of credits and buy tees?

#2098 2 years ago

I am selling my Golden Tee pedestal. It is a 2016 commercial unit that was converted to a home unit. It’s upgraded to the 2020 software, always been HUO has the factory tv stand with a 43 inch Roku tv

PM if interested

#2099 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

So…..I should be able to set it for $ for play, and then pump it full of credits and buy tees?

I would reach out to IT and get them to set you straight. There's a good HE owners group on Facebook with info, too.

#2100 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

If you change it back off of free play to paid play and take it live, whoever's card on file will be charged by IT. So if you just plan on flicking the credit switch, that cc on file is still going to be charged from what I understood when I had picked up mine from an op.

IT is awesome to work with and changing it to the home edition is super easy. If you want to keep your current courses and just convert to the home edition, it's 100 for the HE chip and I think another 100 for the yearly online subscription. It's when you upgrade courses from an earlier edition is when the pricing will really start to go up (400-700 from what I remember).

There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.