17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 74.
#2001 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone think it's worth it at this point to upgrade to GT 2021 from 2020 or just wait for 2022?

2021 Courses are a lot of fun. Tropical Falls is one of the best in a LONG time - challenging but fair (except for one or two holes imho). And Forest Knoll is a wonderfully designed course that feels like a "real" golf course, and that's something that I enjoy once in a while.

If you play a lot, I'd say absolutely go for it.

#2002 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I have two for sale right now. $2700 each. Both cut-downs from upright games. Great value for the money. I can ship to MA no problem. Feel free to send me a PM.
[quoted image]

Not bad looking cut downs!
Running 2021? What year hardware?
$2700 not a bad deal!

#2003 2 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Not bad looking cut downs!
Running 2021? What year hardware?
$2700 not a bad deal!

Yes, running 2021. Hardware inside is customizable by the buyer among the half-dozen supported motherboards and 4 supported graphics cards. I have pretty much one of everything to choose from in my collection. The $2700 stated price will likely get you a DG41 or similar board with a GT640, which will have you running in 1080p.

Here's a few more pics of my cut-down work. It's not easy to do it correctly.

curved-GT-cab (resized).jpgcurved-GT-cab (resized).jpg

curved-GT-cab2 (resized).jpgcurved-GT-cab2 (resized).jpg

ped (resized).jpgped (resized).jpg

#2004 2 years ago

Yes, running 2021. Hardware inside is customizable by the buyer among the half-dozen supported motherboards and 4 supported graphics cards. I have pretty much one of everything to choose from in my collection. The $2700 stated price will likely get you a DG41 or similar board with a GT640, which will have you running in 1080p.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Some look like hack jobs- not yours! Nice work!

1 week later
#2005 2 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great work. You can’t even tell they are cut downs unless you look close. Same insides so that is a great deal.

#2006 2 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

PM Sent!

#2007 2 years ago

Hey guys
Anyone convert a 2005 complete from crt to lcd?

I’m plugging the vga output of the video card directly into an hdmi monitor through a vga - hdmi converter but the right part of the picture is cut off. Running medium res. Display looks good otherwise.

Lots of googling but can’t figure out the issue. Anyone run into something similar?

#2008 2 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Hey guys
Anyone convert a 2005 complete from crt to lcd?
I’m plugging the vga output of the video card directly into an hdmi monitor through a vga - hdmi converter but the right part of the picture is cut off. Running medium res. Display looks good otherwise.
Lots of googling but can’t figure out the issue. Anyone run into something similar?

CACD7A15-E06F-4FF2-AA28-E8B4D2C4BA40 (resized).jpegCACD7A15-E06F-4FF2-AA28-E8B4D2C4BA40 (resized).jpeg

This is what it looks like.

#2009 2 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very good job! It takes a lot of work to do that. The kit I designed and manufactured is precisely to do that without being a skilled wood worker. I had to design the kit so that the average operator shop guy could go at it with a Sawzall and do it in 3 to 4 hours. I never had any complaints, and Suzo Happ distributed them for about 4 years.

#2010 2 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Very good job! It takes a lot of work to do that. The kit I designed and manufactured is precisely to do that without being a skilled wood worker. I had to design the kit so that the average operator shop guy could go at it with a Sawzall and do it in 3 to 4 hours. I never had any complaints, and Suzo Happ distributed them for about 4 years.

I'm not a fan of the poly "cover" though. Just looks cheap to me.

#2011 2 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

This is what it looks like.

Have you tested the converter on another source? That looks like a signal issue to me. You can see where a black strip of the image is slightly lighter on the left, so the whole image is likely shifted to the right.

#2012 2 years ago

Feel free to shoot me a PM, I can present you with options.

I have a brand new 2021 GT Home Edition. If I acquire a Silver Strike X CID, hard drive, and security chip, can I just install the components in the cabinet and switch out the components when I want to play the other game? In other words, not require a switcher….

#2013 2 years ago

I think you would need a new video card. Silver strike hasn’t been updated in a while, it can only see video cards from when it was in production.

You can get a video card that works with both, but it won’t be the one in a brand new unit.

Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I have a brand new 2021 GT Home Edition. If I acquire a Silver Strike X CID, hard drive, and security chip, can I just install the components in the cabinet and switch out the components when I want to play the other game? In other words, not require a switcher….

#2014 2 years ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Yes that will work but you have to change the settings for the video card. It's in the book that came with the your GT if you bought it new. Mine is 5 months old and I just did it.

901D2621-659B-46C9-B7D5-F851C0A2C6C2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg901D2621-659B-46C9-B7D5-F851C0A2C6C2_1_105_c (resized).jpegCA68EB38-99BD-4FB9-911D-CA1BED93DD72_1_105_c (resized).jpegCA68EB38-99BD-4FB9-911D-CA1BED93DD72_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#2015 2 years ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I did add the Magic Switcher to mine also. Very easy to do and works great. I did not add bags as I did not want to mess with the video card. Here is my install.

0C8AA2BF-E1EE-452C-9D7A-5E274C24356E_1_105_c (resized).jpeg0C8AA2BF-E1EE-452C-9D7A-5E274C24356E_1_105_c (resized).jpeg16B892C1-16AF-46C4-ADB6-2D89E36B718B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg16B892C1-16AF-46C4-ADB6-2D89E36B718B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg18582F6F-F7DA-4E12-930B-67ADB4F0AB1F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg18582F6F-F7DA-4E12-930B-67ADB4F0AB1F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg45C41DF6-098D-4548-9C29-D98A99DA3A36_1_105_c (resized).jpeg45C41DF6-098D-4548-9C29-D98A99DA3A36_1_105_c (resized).jpegE4BD61C2-7FFB-49BA-83A2-B5CF5F5F09E0_1_105_c (resized).jpegE4BD61C2-7FFB-49BA-83A2-B5CF5F5F09E0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#2016 2 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

I did add the Magic Switcher to mine also. Very easy to do and works great. I did not add bags as I did not want to mess with the video card. Here is my install.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW!! This is an amazing job! I might be copying off of you if I can find the components. It sucks that Target Toss uses a different graphics card because it looks like it’s fun to play also. Did all of the power cables and such come with the magic switcher? Did you mount the hard drives in the Nighthawk?

#2017 2 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

I did add the Magic Switcher to mine also. Very easy to do and works great. I did not add bags as I did not want to mess with the video card. Here is my install.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice clean installation.

To answer others' questions:

Yes, you can use SSX with a current setup, so long as it's updated. The GTX 1050 (current GT video card) is supported by SSX.

Target Toss (which is Bags and Lawn Darts) requires a motherboard that can run the older Linux bootloader natively (which new mobos cannot do) and a graphics card that falls within their driver range. The GeForce 9500GT is the sweet spot there. But that means you're running in 720p (which is the best you can do for Target Toss), and that's for ALL the rest of your games, not just Target Toss. Forcing Golf to 720p is usually a deal-killer for people, which is why you don't see many 4-in-1's installed with the magic switcher.

I built a cabinet that used both a magic switcher AND a Perfect Solutions switcher, allowing me to install a 2nd I/O board and 2nd Nighthawk computer in the same cabinet. That game allowed me to be able to run all of the games in their best resolution, so no compromises. It was a royal pain in the ass to assemble, and I'll likely not build another. It sold for $7,000.00.

As far as I understand, no additional power cords or other cables come with the magic swticher. It is literally 3 pcbs connected together (that must be separated) and you need to source and install ALL of the needed parts to use it. Zero support is offered for the device. This is by design. The maker of the device is of the opinion that if you don't know enough about the Nighthawk system to install the device, then you shouldn't be purchasing it in the first place. Let someone else install it for you.

And FYI, for those of you who were considering waiting before purchasing the Golden Tee 2022 upgrade, you might think again. IT just announced yesterday that the 2022 upgrade will not be coming out in the fall like in years' past. It will be most likely Spring of 2022 before the 2022 upgrade is released.

Not to mention the fact that Home Edition game manufacturing is currently paused due to supply chain issues. It's getting VERY hard to find HE games right now.

#2018 2 years ago

I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the money to add a Power Putt to my HE. I love the idea of it because I've had fun with it in the past, but for the cost and limited number of courses, I'm wondering if it would get old too quick...

#2019 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the money to add a Power Putt to my HE. I love the idea of it because I've had fun with it in the past, but for the cost and limited number of courses, I'm wondering if it would get old too quick...

Unless you're willing to run hacked hardware in your system, adding Power Putt means you'll be forced to change your video settings to 720p. That means you'll have to play golf in 720p too, unless you're willing to change your I/O dip switch settings each and every time you want to go back to playing golf again.

#2020 2 years ago

Nice clean installation.
To answer others' questions:
Yes, you can use SSX with a current setup, so long as it's updated. The GTX 1050 (current GT video card) is supported by SSX.
Target Toss (which is Bags and Lawn Darts) requires a motherboard that can run the older Linux bootloader natively (which new mobos cannot do) and a graphics card that falls within their driver range. The GeForce 9500GT is the sweet spot there. But that means you're running in 720p (which is the best you can do for Target Toss), and that's for ALL the rest of your games, not just Target Toss. Forcing Golf to 720p is usually a deal-killer for people, which is why you don't see many 4-in-1's installed with the magic switcher.
I built a cabinet that used both a magic switcher AND a Perfect Solutions switcher, allowing me to install a 2nd I/O board and 2nd Nighthawk computer in the same cabinet. That game allowed me to be able to run all of the games in their best resolution, so no compromises. It was a royal pain in the ass to assemble, and I'll likely not build another. It sold for $7,000.00.
As far as I understand, no additional power cords or other cables come with the magic swticher. It is literally 3 pcbs connected together (that must be separated) and you need to source and install ALL of the needed parts to use it. Zero support is offered for the device. This is by design. The maker of the device is of the opinion that if you don't know enough about the Nighthawk system to install the device, then you shouldn't be purchasing it in the first place. Let someone else install it for you.
And FYI, for those of you who were considering waiting before purchasing the Golden Tee 2022 upgrade, you might think again. IT just announced yesterday that the 2022 upgrade will not be coming out in the fall like in years' past. It will be most likely Spring of 2022 before the 2022 upgrade is released.
Not to mention the fact that Home Edition game manufacturing is currently paused due to supply chain issues. It's getting VERY hard to find HE games right now.

I really appreciate all of the info. It helps me a lot!!

#2021 2 years ago

Unless you're willing to run hacked hardware in your system, adding Power Putt means you'll be forced to change your video settings to 720p. That means you'll have to play golf in 720p too, unless you're willing to change your I/O dip switch settings each and every time you want to go back to playing golf again.

So what you’re saying is that if someone is willing to change the dip switch to toggle back and forth between GT and TT, it can be done!! Does seem like a pain in the ass though!

#2022 2 years ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

So what you’re saying is that if someone is willing to change the dip switch to toggle back and forth between GT and TT, it can be done!! Does seem like a pain in the ass though!

Correct. If you leave your dips set at 1080p, Power Putt will throw an error telling you that you are running a widescreen game that needs to be set at 720p.

#2023 2 years ago

Didn’t someone patch power putt to run on 1080? Same cid and security chip, but a hard drive with the 1080 power putt on it?

Correct. If you leave your dips set at 1080p, Power Putt will throw an error telling you that you are running a widescreen game that needs to be set at 720p.

#2024 2 years ago

Just joined the club a few weeks ago... 2020 HE.

Loving it so far.

What’s the process for upgrading to 2021?

41AB223A-FF7C-4AD2-BC79-9A1E13E56042 (resized).jpeg41AB223A-FF7C-4AD2-BC79-9A1E13E56042 (resized).jpeg
#2025 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Just joined the club a few weeks ago... 2020 HE.
Loving it so far.
What’s the process for upgrading to 2021?[quoted image]

Just fill out the form with your game ID number and it usually happens fast. Congrats great game and fun.

https://store.itsgames.com/cabinet_update

#2026 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Didn’t someone patch power putt to run on 1080? Same cid and security chip, but a hard drive with the 1080 power putt on it?

Yes, there's a hacked hard drive to run Power Putt in 1080p. But you can't use the hacked drive with Power Putt hardware (CID, sec chip) or else you'll still get the same error. You have to use the drive with some other hardware OTHER than PP hardware (golf, bowlling, etc)

#2027 2 years ago

I have GT 2020 HE and Power Putt both running on 1 cabinet using the perfect solution switcher and ran the HDMI cable straight from video cards to HDMI inputs 1 and 2 on the TV, allowing 1080 for GT and 720 on PP by changing TV input on the TV remote.

#2028 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

It is fun to play and a lot quicker game than GT.

#2029 2 years ago
Quoted from Chynnalou:

I have GT 2020 HE and Power Putt both running on 1 cabinet using the perfect solution switcher and ran the HDMI cable straight from video cards to HDMI inputs 1 and 2 on the TV, allowing 1080 for GT and 720 on PP by changing TV input on the TV remote.

Right, because you're running two computers, and two I/O boards. My comment was directed to those who wish to add Power Putt using the Magic Switcher, which allows you to use only one computer and one I/O board.

#2030 2 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

It is fun to play and a lot quicker game than GT.

My review of Power Putt would be more in the vein of “complete garbage” than fun to play. Just as a counterpoint.

#2031 2 years ago

PowerPutt & rawtalk FTW

Quoted from epthegeek:

My review of Power Putt would be more in the vein of “complete garbage” than fun to play. Just as a counterpoint.

#2032 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

PowerPutt & rawtalk FTW

Sure, if you're at that point in the maturity scale where "hurr hurr the game swore" is hilarious, then go for it.

Really just found the courses to be terrible.

#2033 2 years ago

So, I’m really digging GT. Just ordered the 2021 update and got online.

So, can someone explain to me the benefits of being online (besides having IT keeping track of your stats). Is there a way to find online games? Is there a Pinside group that battles?

#2034 2 years ago

I guess not every aspect of my life needs to be Shakespeare and caviar?

Quoted from epthegeek:

Sure, if you're at that point in the maturity scale where "hurr hurr the game swore" is hilarious, then go for it.
Really just found the courses to be terrible.

#2035 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So, can someone explain to me the benefits of being online (besides having IT keeping track of your stats). Is there a way to find online games? Is there a Pinside group that battles?

Benefits of the online subscription to ITnet:

* Stat tracking
* Custom golfer equipment upon sign-in, no need to make any changes before each round
* Events mode allows you to play for prize money (awards to your player wallet app)
* You can participate in "invitationals" where you play a round against others for glory or money (this is the "battle" mode you speak of)
* Online tracking of your progress in the "Realtime-Rivals" mode (ladder mode available in online games)
* Instant updates and patches delivered directly to your machine so you're always on current software
* Time-released content (like new courses and tee locations) available

There's a ton that's offered to online users. It's worth the $9.99 a month if you play regularly.

#2036 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

My favorite is betting against friends! lol Set up an invite and they can play anytime. Good fun.

#2037 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My favorite is betting against friends! lol Set up an invite and they can play anytime. Good fun.

In person? Or online?

#2038 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

In person? Or online?

Both but online is a better fit for everyones time frame. Set the coarse and win value ($$) and send out the invite. Really worked well during Covid. When they accept the invite they have a few weeks to play when they like.

#2039 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Both but online is a better fit for everyones time frame. Set the coarse and win value ($$) and send out the invite. Really worked well during Covid. When they accept the invite they have a few weeks to play when they like.

How does the win value work?

#2040 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You add X dollars to your account. Start an invite group of 4 for say $2. Winner of round with or without handicap your choice gets that amount transferred to their account. Same as playing pins for dollars. More or less winners brag. Granted at times we will do $20 games but things get a bit more real and I suck lol. Fun times. You can also play in tournaments against US bars etc but know these guys are in another league shooting 30 under. Not my speed.

#2041 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Add me to your friend list “YELOBIRD” love to send you an invite and play for a buck. Or free no matter.

#2042 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Add me to your friend list “YELOBIRD” love to send you an invite and play for a buck. Or free no matter.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I enter your name into the nickname search in Friends, it's coming up with 0 results....?

#2043 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I enter your name into the nickname search in Friends, it's coming up with 0 results....?

Spelling AND capitalization matter. Use the real name (ask him for it via PM), it seems to work better.

#2044 2 years ago

Unfortunately some states do not allow you to play for money against others. I live in NJ and its not allowed!

#2045 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Unfortunately some states do not allow you to play for money against others. I live in NJ and its not allowed!

In those instances, there's always Glory play with a side-bet via text

#2046 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You add X dollars to your account. Start an invite group of 4 for say $2. Winner of round with or without handicap your choice gets that amount transferred to their account. Same as playing pins for dollars. More or less winners brag. Granted at times we will do $20 games but things get a bit more real and I suck lol. Fun times. You can also play in tournaments against US bars etc but know these guys are in another league shooting 30 under. Not my speed.

Don't forget IT's $ .50 rake per person per invite.

#2047 2 years ago

Is there a list of which states allow to play for real money?

#2048 2 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Is there a list of which states allow to play for real money?

Unfortunately, there are some areas, even states, where players don’t have the option of playing for Golden Tee prizes!

Arizona, Louisiana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and New Jersey don’t allow playing for prizes anywhere in the state, and that’s tough for players there who want to see how they stack up against players from around the globe. I’m also told Washington, Michigan, Mississippi and Montana have prize play but no “Hole-N-Win.”

source: goldenteefan dot com

#2049 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Unfortunately, there are some areas, even states, where players don’t have the option of playing for Golden Tee prizes!
Arizona, Louisiana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and New Jersey don’t allow playing for prizes anywhere in the state, and that’s tough for players there who want to see how they stack up against players from around the globe. I’m also told Washington, Michigan, Mississippi and Montana have prize play but no “Hole-N-Win.”
source: goldenteefan dot com

Ok, thanks! Wondering if it’s because they want us spending that money at the casinos here instead…damn it. Looks like the other states you mentioned also have casinos.

#2050 2 years ago

hah, yeah I had to call and ask why I never saw the options for the online pay tournaments. no real loss though, because I don’t play anywhere near as well as those pro players hahaha. I’m happy just to break par

There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/41?hl=nascarrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.