Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 74.
#1951 3 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Only 3 PGA courses?

Only 3 PGA courses and yearly subscription fee. Ummmmmm thanks but no thanks. I had a feeling they would slowly introduce courses and it would not be worth it yet (has to be a ton of programing involved). I will wait until they actually have a decent amount of courses, and until then I will enjoy my HE.

Great Pitch.jpgGreat Pitch.jpg
#1952 3 years ago

Might look nicer in person with 4k... but yeah, definitely a tougher sell with only 3 courses and an expected higher MSRP. Maybe it’s worthwhile for some businesses still.

#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

efinitely a tougher sell with only 3 courses and an expected higher MSRP.

BUT it has cupholders!!!

#1954 3 years ago

I have a golden tee complete in western MA for sale. Has 27” benq led monitor installed.

Asking $650

#1955 3 years ago

Have 1 more GT Live 2021, dedicated pedestal with stand and monitor(commercial model) for sale, before trade in. PM me if interested.

#1956 3 years ago

Wondering what 3 courses they will be launching with? Any mention of which ones?

Augusta?

Pebble Beach?

Harbour Town?

#1957 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Wondering what 3 courses they will be launching with? Any mention of which ones?
Augusta?
Pebble Beach?
Harbour Town?

You will never see Augusta in GT.

#1958 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Augusta?
Pebble Beach?
Harbour Town?

I bet TPC Sawgrass.

#1959 3 years ago

Looks like TPC Sawgrass is correct!

https://www.facebook.com/GoldenTee

#1960 3 years ago

I was finally able to upgrade my 2013 Pedestal to 2021 Home Edition and get online. Add "Cleland" to your invite list!

#1961 3 years ago

Still looking to buy a cid #14. Dm me please, if anyone has one for sale.

#1962 3 years ago
Quoted from SewerUrchin:

Still looking to buy a cid #14. Dm me please, if anyone has one for sale.

I have a spare you can have for $1500. I really don't want to sell it.

#1963 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I have a spare you can have for $1500. I really don't want to sell it.

Thank you for the offer, but I was able to find one.

#1964 3 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Have 1 more GT Live 2021, dedicated pedestal with stand and monitor(commercial model) for sale, before trade in. PM me if interested.

I will post some pics on Tuesday. I am going to play this for a while, then bring to auction. It is for sale so pm if interested.

#1965 3 years ago

I've seen several posts mentioning young John Daley. Is that something from on line play? I've beat old John in rivals. Im not on line though.

#1966 3 years ago

Young John daily is the opponent right after John Dailey.

Quoted from bbaker2824:

I've seen several posts mentioning young John Daley. Is that something from on line play? I've beat old John in rivals. Im not on line though.

#1967 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Young John daily is the opponent right after John Dailey.

In the 'Rivals' ladder, after you beat Old JD, last opponent is Young JD.
This is where im at in the ladder- hard to bead a guy who holes out 5+ times/round! lol

When you beat Old JD, Golden Tee adds 480 "Golden Tees' to your online account to use in the 'wild'. After I beat him, my friend I play in the bar with asked 'how'd you get so many Golden tees?'. lol

#1968 3 years ago

So, I can play rivals off line and choose who I play against. Old John Daley is the top guy. Is "ladder" a different mode or on line?

#1969 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

In the 'Rivals' ladder, after you beat Old JD, last opponent is Young JD.
This is where im at in the ladder- hard to bead a guy who holes out 5+ times/round! lol
When you beat Old JD, Golden Tee adds 480 "Golden Tees' to your online account to use in the 'wild'. After I beat him, my friend I play in the bar with asked 'how'd you get so many Golden tees?'. lol

Funny story - during last year's Summer Swing event, I actually was randomly selected among eligible entries to win 500 tees - TWICE. Add that to the tees I've won in prior rivals defeats and I have over 1100 of them LOL

caddy (resized).jpgcaddy (resized).jpg

#1970 3 years ago

I need to get online and upgrade from 2019.

#1971 3 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

So, I can play rivals off line and choose who I play against. Old John Daley is the top guy. Is "ladder" a different mode or on line?

I believe the ladder that ends with young JD is accessible only when using your player account.
When I enter my ID on the keypad, it automatically takes me to the player I haven't beaten yet. Young JD is the last 'rung' on the ladder.

#1972 3 years ago

Funny story - during last year's Summer Swing event, I actually was randomly selected among eligible entries to win 500 tees - TWICE. Add that to the tees I've won in prior rivals defeats and I have over 1100 of them LOL
[quoted image]

LOL

Someone left $4 on the bar machine last week, I maxed out on balls- I believe you cant have more than 100???
As for tees- I have 478...LOL

#1973 3 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Are you playing Golden Tee 2021?

#1974 3 years ago

Are you playing Golden Tee 2021?

Im playing 2020 off line

#1975 3 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Im playing 2020 off line

Okay, that's what I thought. I'm not 100% certain, but I don't believe "Young John Daly" made an appearance in Real-time Rivals until the 2021 update.

#1976 3 years ago

Can anyone let me know what C.I.D. stands for?

#1977 3 years ago

Cabinet ID#??

Or is this referring to the security chip???

#1978 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Cabinet ID#??
Or is this referring to the security chip???

The CID is the copy protection chip. Game won’t run without it.

#1979 3 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Can anyone let me know what C.I.D. stands for?

(C)abinet (I)dentification (D)evice

Think of it as the "serial number" of whatever game it's installed in.

#1980 3 years ago

(C)abinet (I)dentification (D)evice
Think of it as the "serial number" of whatever game it's installed in.

Thanks guys. That makes sense.

#1981 3 years ago

Also. If you are buying one be careful. There are probably as many fake ones out there as real ones.

Security chips as well...

Quoted from sublime90803:

Thanks guys. That makes sense.

#1982 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Also. If you are buying one be careful. There are probably as many fake ones out there as real ones.
Security chips as well...

True story - always call into IT to verify a cabinet ID. Especially the Golden Tee ones.

#1983 3 years ago

So I was playing my 99 golden tee a few nights ago, and then the sound went away, but still played. Decided to turn it off for a few minutes, and turned it back on..the sound was on again, but went away after playing a few holes. Besides reseating the connections to the board, anything else I should look for? I can’t find much info on the web, and hoping that someone has an idea..thanks guys

#1984 3 years ago

Look at the caps on the board. See if they look okay, or if they are bulging....

Quoted from hwyhed:

anything else I should look for?

#1985 3 years ago

Some of you have probably already seen this, but I'd like to see if there's any interest with the pin folks here in a possible trade.

Custom 5-in-1 Golden Tee Pedestal. Plays all of the games that I.T. released, on a single cabinet. All OEM hardware. Uses a combination of Perfect Solutions switcher and then a new product called a magic switcher on side 2 of the Perfect Solutions switcher. Two Nighthawks inside - one running games at 1080p, and a 2nd one for the games that run in 720p.

Golden Tee is running current Home Edition version (GT2021) and is activated for online play with a current subscription. Just turn it on and go.

You can find the listing on Facebook Marketplace here:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/457643235575787/

Asking is $10,000, but I'm open to trades on a decent pin. If you have a collection of pins but have often wondered about whether or not you wanted to get into the Golden Tee scene, here's your chance. And potentially for no money outlay either.

pinside1 (resized).jpgpinside1 (resized).jpg

pinside2 (resized).jpgpinside2 (resized).jpg

pinside3 (resized).jpgpinside3 (resized).jpg

pinside4 (resized).jpgpinside4 (resized).jpg

pinside5 (resized).jpgpinside5 (resized).jpg

pinside6 (resized).jpgpinside6 (resized).jpg

#1986 3 years ago

Hey Brad- did'nt know you were on Pinside.

As I said in your FB post, nice work putting this together!
Looks amazing!

Rey

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Hey Brad- did'nt know you were on Pinside.
As I said in your FB post, nice work putting this together!
Looks amazing!
Rey

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words.

#1988 3 years ago

Some of you have probably already seen this, but I'd like to see if there's any interest with the pin folks here in a possible trade.
Custom 5-in-1 Golden Tee Pedestal. Plays all of the games that I.T. released, on a single cabinet. All OEM hardware. Uses a combination of Perfect Solutions switcher and then a new product called a magic switcher on side 2 of the Perfect Solutions switcher. Two Nighthawks inside - one running games at 1080p, and a 2nd one for the games that run in 720p.
Golden Tee is running current Home Edition version (GT2021) and is activated for online play with a current subscription. Just turn it on and go.
You can find the listing on Facebook Marketplace here:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/457643235575787/
Asking is $8,000, but I'm open to trades on a decent pin. If you have a collection of pins but have often wondered about whether or not you wanted to get into the Golden Tee scene, here's your chance. And potentially for no money outlay either.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Price drop. $8K.

#1989 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So, I ended up getting it. The game is in cold storage for me to come pick up, but it is a decent looking GT Complete Fore!

Just in case anyone swings to this thread with a broken CRT game. The screen was black and we thought it was dead some how. The brightness and contrast were cranked and alive cam the monitor but dim/hazzy. Cleaned the video card connector and contacts, new jamma connector and repinned all wires at jamma, cap kit for chassis (k7500), new remote board. STILL the dim screen. Found a thread on klov about R811 going out causing this.... seems interesting. Ordered a 75k 1/2w 5% resistor and replaced, old one was reading 0, new one was correct. All working now. Also if you have an old GT I do recommend the CF update, man it loads way faseter.

#1990 3 years ago

I am thinking about buying a 2021 new unit.

Does anyone have any insight into good deals on these?

#1991 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Buying new? Most vendors who are worth a damn will be around the same cost, but I will always recommend Brian Roske.

https://www.facebook.com/brian.roske

Nice thing is, if you DO find someone who will give you a legitimate quote for a cheaper machine than him, he'll match it. I bought my card reader from him, too.

#1992 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I would buy the one you mentioned to me via PM. Way better use of your money.

#1993 3 years ago

+1 for Brian Roske.

There were some other vendors offering them for sale in this thread if you read back a few pages.....

Good luck!

#1994 3 years ago

New course out on Monday!

1 week later
#1995 3 years ago

Had to re-arrange part of the basement to make room for Golden Tee Live 19 and Power Putt.

20210411_134308 (resized).jpg20210411_134308 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1996 2 years ago

Hey guys
I’m looking to pick up a golden tee. The number of variants and prices is overwhelming. Is there something good to read to get the lay of the land?

...or do you want to sell me one in the Boston area?

#1997 2 years ago

Make sure you read up on the pluses and minuses of the new PGA version coming out late this year or Q1 next year.

It’s their first major version in something like 15 years.

Quoted from Bospins:

Hey guys
I’m looking to pick up a golden tee. The number of variants and prices is overwhelming. Is there something good to read to get the lay of the land?

#1998 2 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Hey guys

I have two for sale right now. $2700 each. Both cut-downs from upright games. Great value for the money. I can ship to MA no problem. Feel free to send me a PM.

two-tees (resized).jpgtwo-tees (resized).jpg

#1999 2 years ago

Anyone think it's worth it at this point to upgrade to GT 2021 from 2020 or just wait for 2022?

#2000 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone think it's worth it at this point to upgrade to GT 2021 from 2020 or just wait for 2022?

It's still worth it. Here's why I believe this:

1. They have yet to release GTPGA, when it was promised for March at first.
2. Once they DO release GTPGA, it will be running GT2021 (plus the 3 PGA courses).
3. Operators will be very pissed off if they have to pay $6500 (per machine) for GTPGA and then pay an extra $500 on each machine to upgrade to 2022 four months later.

Because of the things I observed above, I'd bet money on the fact that we're not going to see 2022 released until WAY after January 1st 2022 at this point. Probably more like March if I had to guess a date.

So yeah, I'd say it's still worth it to purchase the update. I just did last Thursday for an old system - $700

There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/40?hl=nascarrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.