Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 74.
#1901 3 years ago

The switching equipment that Aaron (scantron5k) is using is not currently available. I'm working on a multi-cab right now using the same type of equipment.

#1902 3 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Looking for some tech help. Track ball on my older golden tee will not respond when going to the right. Up/ down/ left work fine. The ball is encased in plastic so I don't see and adjustments. Time for a new track ball? Anything else I can do? Thanks

You can clean the rollers inside. It’s kinda like an old school mouse if you remember those. Eventually they get dirt buildup.

#1903 3 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Looking for some tech help. Track ball on my older golden tee will not respond when going to the right. Up/ down/ left work fine. The ball is encased in plastic so I don't see and adjustments. Time for a new track ball? Anything else I can do? Thanks

Track ball is removable- you can remove and clean the ball and rollers. Check the copper tape- sometimes it binds up on the bearing and you'll have to trim it. When you reinstall it be careful not to over tighten the 4 mounting screws.
New ones are around $100- keep an eye on the Suzo-Haap web page, occasionally they will have a sale.

I have 3 replacements at home, always keep one tuned/cleanrd up for a quick swap.

#1904 3 years ago

Well someone decided to break a NDA

DC115131-9EDC-4D8D-B208-8B8FAE045186 (resized).jpegDC115131-9EDC-4D8D-B208-8B8FAE045186 (resized).jpeg
#1905 3 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

[quoted image]

I'm either going to need a bigger house or sell some pins!

#1906 3 years ago

Its... uh, different.

#1907 3 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Its... uh, different.

Looks the same to me - if it's real.

#1908 3 years ago

That cabinet on PGA is interesting. Seems like people would jack up those extensions coming out of cabinet? I could see people kneeling on it or kids jumping off them(or great drink holders)? Any protrusion out of arcade cabinets seem susceptible to damage. Graphics look way different and I am curious on pricing structure? I think I will need to be sitting down when they disclose the cost of the machine and the fees associated with it. It may just have me loving my home GT even more. I am going to try and have a pinsider help with a side project if I can ever find the time. I am looking to make a custom Caddy Shack marquee to replace the Golden Tee Marque with year date stamp on it. Something classic and timeless.

#1909 3 years ago

Does the arcade 1up count? It has classic through 2k. I got it cheap, but considering selling it because I really don’t play it as much as I thought I would.

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Any protrusion out of arcade cabinets seem susceptible to damage.

Damage accidental and deliberate (to OP owned units in the wild). Same with the skirts that go from ped to stand. Those are going to get scuffed up at minimum.
Is that a shelf on both sides with beverage holders outside of the bill acceptor? Hard to tell with the lighting in the pic.
Stand looks larger.
No built in key pad visible?
Same track ball with copper tape issues...lol

#1911 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

No built in key pad visible?

I noticed that as well, may have moved interface to control with track ball and buttons?(small LCD above buttons)

#1912 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I noticed that as well, may have moved interface to control with track ball and buttons?(small LCD above buttons)

Hmmm good eye, didn't notice that....

#1913 3 years ago

Put a raspberry pie in it, and run golden tee compete on MAME.

(Or do you need a full computer for that?)

Edit: or not. Seems to be a huge pain in the ass.

Quoted from TheyTookOurJobz:

Does the arcade 1up count? It has classic through 2k. I got it cheap, but considering selling it because I really don’t play it as much as I thought I would.

#1914 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Put a raspberry pie in it, and run golden tee compete on MAME.
(Or do you need a full computer for that?)
Edit: or not. Seems to be a huge pain in the ass.

I was able to find the CHDs and ROMs but it was very difficult to dial-in the trackball. Not saying impossible, just not plug and play.

#1915 3 years ago

Hello all. Joined the club. Having a blast with it. Lawnboy is my online if anyone wants to play a round.
91629CA6-052C-4EA8-9C6F-BB841D9305D9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg91629CA6-052C-4EA8-9C6F-BB841D9305D9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

72DC6064-115B-410F-9D53-D59F98B4EF60_1_105_c (resized).jpeg72DC6064-115B-410F-9D53-D59F98B4EF60_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#1916 3 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Hello all. Joined the club. Having a blast with it. Lawnboy is my online if anyone wants to play a round.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#Kingpingames strikes again! lol If anyone is looking to Win some easy money play against Lawnboy! lolol I kid. Loving this evening gambling opportunity and fun also.

#1917 3 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

FR sent! (smalltownslicer)

#1919 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

#Kingpingames strikes again! lol If anyone is looking to Win some easy money play against Lawnboy! lolol I kid. Loving this evening gambling opportunity and fun also.

Yep. I am just letting you win until we start playing for the big money.

#1920 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have a friend who may be able to get me a "broken" golden tee complete. Looks like it has the early 2000's games on it and a huge cab. Is cutting the original cab to a pedestal as easy as the YT videos hint at? Is this even worth monkeying with?

So, I ended up getting it. The game is in cold storage for me to come pick up, but it is a decent looking GT Complete Fore!

#1921 3 years ago

Is anyone playing the real time rival ladder?

Finally beat Old Daly, my record vs him is 1-19 lol
Young Daly is kicking my ass...he holes out 5-6 times on average per round.

If your playing RTR, watch opponents shot direction and speed meter to learn how to control distance and 'cut' shots around, above and under obstacles. If you are behind, opponent shows you the shot. Doesn't mean you have to take it, I don't always take the same path to the hole vs RTR opponent- depends on the set up and what angle I want to approach the green from on non par 3's.
There are shortcuts to the par 5's out there.

#1922 3 years ago

Was thinking about buying the 1up Golden Tee stools for my Golden Tee. Anyone have them?

Golden Tee stools.pngGolden Tee stools.png
#1923 3 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

[quoted image]

Awesome looking new commercial cab . Hoping the home version has that style......

#1924 3 years ago
Quoted from t2:

If you know how, replace all the pins going to the opto boards with trifurcated ones. I had the same issue on a few of mine and that fixed it.
It's either that or the molex (.062) connector going to the I/O board. Could be the opto board itself. one board is dedicated X axis and the other Y. red is 12v, black is common, the two inside wires are up/down or left/right.
reseat the connector at both points (I/O and the trackball itself) see if that fixes it temporarily.

In my case it'd be to expensive to replace a trackball assembly every time I had something go wrong with them. I just rebuild/fix as needed.

#1925 3 years ago

I have a 2021 commercial unit in a cutdown with a stand and tv. Looks ok, nothing special. Would love to trade it for a pin if anyone is interested.

01398B03-2B0F-44CA-9ACD-C48225E2733C (resized).jpeg01398B03-2B0F-44CA-9ACD-C48225E2733C (resized).jpeg5262477A-5103-488B-B4DE-E0368DE93C40 (resized).jpeg5262477A-5103-488B-B4DE-E0368DE93C40 (resized).jpeg5CA7923C-AB7C-46C6-9C0E-AB9CC510C3F4 (resized).jpeg5CA7923C-AB7C-46C6-9C0E-AB9CC510C3F4 (resized).jpeg62CBA969-5C5B-4D55-B351-EE82202FC52E (resized).jpeg62CBA969-5C5B-4D55-B351-EE82202FC52E (resized).jpeg75FB7D10-BE91-44A7-B046-947237108936 (resized).jpeg75FB7D10-BE91-44A7-B046-947237108936 (resized).jpegE2F5432B-C652-490F-BD12-CF180795AC08 (resized).jpegE2F5432B-C652-490F-BD12-CF180795AC08 (resized).jpegF2DAD4DD-ABE9-4A6E-A6F7-293AACBB9FD3 (resized).jpegF2DAD4DD-ABE9-4A6E-A6F7-293AACBB9FD3 (resized).jpeg
#1926 3 years ago

Looks like the update is on sale for 25% off. Does this happen often?

#1927 3 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Looks like the update is on sale for 25% off. Does this happen often?

It does when they want you to believe they are going to keep providing support. With the PGA tour coming out the original will be obsolete in a few years.

#1928 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

the original will be obsolete in a few years.

I really doubt this 2020 I have will ever be obsolete for me and my girlfriend. It has plenty of courses on it that I may never upgrade it again.

If it was the only game we had, and only game we played, sure, maybe then we may want more.

The re sale value may take a big hit when they come out with newer games, but we never plan to sell this game, and as long as it keeps working, we are all good.

I can say that Golden Tee has the best callouts of any game made that I have ever played. We still hear a new one every now and then and laugh.

I hope down the road Raw Thrills will add more callouts to BBH.

Anyway, for what a GT costs brand new, and all the contents and callouts it has, it is a awesome deal!

(just keep the track ball covered when not in use, so dust does not get to it and make it slower).

#1929 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

It does when they want you to believe they are going to keep providing support. With the PGA tour coming out the original will be obsolete in a few years.

Providing updates “is” supporting it. If you already own a game and they provide you with updates, what more is there. Also how does discounting the price of the current update make me “believe they are going to keep providing support” for the platform......I guess I don’t follow the logic. I will buy the updates as long as they continue to provide them, especially since I already own the game. For those that do not, then I suppose it’s irrelevant if it’s being supported or not, and it still the exact game you bought.

Any brand of any game eventually will move to a new platform or become obsolete, not any different than Golden Tee complete, or Big Buck World. People are still playing those.

We are all aware a new one is coming, but I don’t see our current becoming obsolete anytime soon, there will still be a ton of us with them paying exactly as we have, and I don’t see IT refusing our $100 live subscriptions. While we may not have new courses coming out, we will be playing these for many more years even after the last update.

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Providing updates “is” supporting it. If you already own a game and they provide you with updates, what more is there. Also how does discounting the price of the current update make me “believe they are going to keep providing support” for the platform......I guess I don’t follow the logic. I will buy the updates as long as they continue to provide them, especially since I already own the game. For those that do not, then I suppose it’s irrelevant if it’s being supported or not, and it still the exact game you bought.
Any brand of any game eventually will move to a new platform or become obsolete, not any different than Golden Tee complete, or Big Buck World. People are still playing those.
We are all aware a new one is coming, but I don’t see our current becoming obsolete anytime soon, there will still be a ton of us with them paying exactly as we have, and I don’t see IT refusing our $100 live subscriptions. While we may not have new courses coming out, we will be playing these for many more years even after the last update.

Obselete was probably the wrong word to use. It will still be useable for years to come in its current format and hopefully the servers will continue to run. As a complete owner that eventually abandoned golden tee completely because I was not able to find a replacement video card (again). I looked at buying a 2020 home edition to replace it. Now I am definitely wondering if I dodged a bullet and am better off waiting for a PGA tour home unit. Obviously it's the new platform and will have much more support moving forward and in theory will be the start of a 20 year run or so. Honestly the hope would be that the software is built the same and all users will be able to convert to the new format. Having all old courses and the PGA courses. If not as time goes on they will want everyone on the new platform/network/servers and have les and less support for the old system. I do think they are offering a discount in good faith as a PR move but that's a win for all players. If I offended anyone with my wording it was not my intention.

#1931 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Obselete was probably the wrong word to use. It will still be useable for years to come in its current format and hopefully the servers will continue to run. As a complete owner that eventually abandoned golden tee completely because I was not able to find a replacement video card (again). I looked at buying a 2020 home edition to replace it. Now I am definitely wondering if I dodged a bullet and am better off waiting for a PGA tour home unit. Obviously it's the new platform and will have much more support moving forward and in theory will be the start of a 20 year run or so. Honestly the hope would be that the software is built the same and all users will be able to convert to the new format. Having all old courses and the PGA courses. If not as time goes on they will want everyone on the new platform/network/servers and have les and less support for the old system. I do think they are offering a discount in good faith as a PR move but that's a win for all players. If I offended anyone with my wording it was not my intention.

The age-old debate: buy now, or wait for better? If you keep waiting, you'll never own anything.

I.T. is pledging support for the current Home Edition platform for 5 years. That's at least 4 more updates of at least 5 courses each year, maybe more.

After it's all said and done, there will be over 100 playable courses available on a Home Edition when the current platform is retired.

The home edition version of the next platform isn't even availalbe yet - earliest I've heard is 4th quarter 2021. More likely spring 2022, if I were a betting man (supply chain issues this year).

So buy now (and have one) or wait, and don't have one. Your call.

#1932 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

The age-old debate: buy now, or wait for better? If you keep waiting, you'll never own anything.
I.T. is pledging support for the current Home Edition platform for 5 years. That's at least 4 more updates of at least 5 courses each year, maybe more.
After it's all said and done, there will be over 100 playable courses available on a Home Edition when the current platform is retired.
The home edition version of the next platform isn't even availalbe yet - earliest I've heard is 4th quarter 2021. More likely spring 2022, if I were a betting man (supply chain issues this year).
So buy now (and have one) or wait, and don't have one. Your call.

This would be my plan.
Buy now!
Enjoy GT for 4 years until new GT PGA Tour comes out.
In 4 years, buy new GT PGA Tour.

#1933 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

This would be my plan.
Buy now!
Enjoy GT for 4 years until new GT PGA Tour comes out.
In 4 years, buy new GT PGA Tour.

Me too. Hell, 5 years ago I wasn't even playing Golden Tee. So who knows what the hell I'll be doing another 5 years from now.

#1934 3 years ago

My feelings re: GT PGA were pretty simple...Mechanically speaking, the two will be mostly the same. If my current HE gets 5 years of additional support with 5-7 new courses each year, I'll EASILY be getting my monies worth. At this point, I've only owned mine since December and have put over 200 rounds on it (not counting the DNFs I've had, ha). If I decide I want to invest in the new game down the line, I'll sell my current to someone, make some money back, and reinvest into a GT PGA HE.

But again, the core game isn't changing to my understanding. If you can shoot well on the current 2021 game, you'll be able to shoot well on GT PGA.

Easily one of the best buys I've had during this pandemic and have zero regrets.

#1935 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

My feelings re: GT PGA were pretty simple...Mechanically speaking, the two will be mostly the same. If my current HE gets 5 years of additional support with 5-7 new courses each year, I'll EASILY be getting my monies worth. At this point, I've only owned mine since December and have put over 200 rounds on it (not counting the DNFs I've had, ha). If I decide I want to invest in the new game down the line, I'll sell my current to someone, make some money back, and reinvest into a GT PGA HE.
But again, the core game isn't changing to my understanding. If you can shoot well on the current 2021 game, you'll be able to shoot well on GT PGA.
Easily one of the best buys I've had during this pandemic and have zero regrets.

And your playing surface isn't deteriorating before your eyes like the play field on my Wonka is.

#1936 3 years ago

I think I’d save money if IT stops releasing updates. Tons of courses I haven’t even played yet, but I still feel obligated to upgrade for more courses anyway

#1937 3 years ago

Up for, preferably, trade for a pin.

Other - For Trade
“Golden Tee Home 2020 Live for sale/trade. While it's a blast with friends and a great party game I'm trying to make room for a pin. For trade would be looking for a pin of any er...”
2021-02-11
Hampton Roads, VA
Trade
Archived after: 36 days
Viewed: 140 times

#1938 3 years ago

2750 for a 2019 home pedestal with the marquee but no monitor or stand a decent deal?

#1939 3 years ago

Anybody know what happened to the Golden Tee Go? I can't find it for sale anywhere? Costco no longer sells it. Now that I have the money its gone?

#1940 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

2750 for a 2019 home pedestal with the marquee but no monitor or stand a decent deal?

An update to 2021 will cost you $450, so that takes it to $3200. So you'll save about $500-600 off a new one delivered to your home to get the latest and greatest version. Cabinets from 2020 on also come with Wifi capability (old ones are not able to do this according to how ITs page is written). So those are your biggest factors. Trackballs are easy to replace if there's an issue, but a 2019 is likely still going strong (unless it was a heavy location game, in which case you MIGHT have to consider a swap).

Quoted from Viggin900:

Anybody know what happened to the Golden Tee Go? I can't find it for sale anywhere? Costco no longer sells it. Now that I have the money its gone?

The Go with the screen is discontinued. IT is supposed to be bringing out a new Go with online capability but no screen, but I don't believe they've announced a time frame for release. There's a Go owners group on Facebook that may have more info (or might have a few folks looking to part with theirs).

#1941 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

An update to 2021 will cost you $450, so that takes it to $3200. So you'll save about $500-600 off a new one delivered to your home to get the latest and greatest version. Cabinets from 2020 on also come with Wifi capability (old ones are not able to do this according to how ITs page is written). So those are your biggest factors. Trackballs are easy to replace if there's an issue, but a 2019 is likely still going strong (unless it was a heavy location game, in which case you MIGHT have to consider a swap).

Thanks for the update - this is a HUO unit so its in really great shape. What is the easiest way to supplement the hardware to allow for this thing to be wi-fi enabled?

#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Thanks for the update - this is a HUO unit so its in really great shape. What is the easiest way to supplement the hardware to allow for this thing to be wi-fi enabled?

I’ve had mine connected wirelessly using WiFi to Ethernet bridge for almost 10 years. This is the one I have, but looks like it’s been discontinued:
https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-WNCE2001-Universal-Internet-Adapter/dp/B007CO5DZ4/ref=mp_s_a_1_8

You could also use a Powerline adapter.

#1943 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So you can't add anything to Nighthawk to get Wifi enabled on board (so none of those on-board cards will work). The best option for you would be a bridge and then run your CAT5 to the bridge.

#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

So you can't add anything to Nighthawk to get Wifi enabled on board (so none of those on-board cards will work). The best option for you would be a bridge and then run your CAT5 to the bridge.

Yes. Just buy a Linksys AE6000 WiFi dongle and plug it in to any free USB port. Done.

Of course, you need to be on software that supports WiFi connections. That functionality wasn't coded into Golden Tee until 2020.

#1945 3 years ago

Any rumors when GT PGA will be available for home ownership?

#1946 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Any rumors when GT PGA will be available for home ownership?

The official statement from an I.T. employee was they are targeting late 4th quarter for the Home Edition version of the game.

My money is on 4 months later than that. Late spring 2022.

#1947 3 years ago

Heres a little better pic I saw on FB today....

Looks like there are drink holders on the sides under the deck.

GTPGA (resized).jpgGTPGA (resized).jpg
#1948 3 years ago

That’s not going to be cheap if you have to pay for the “commercial grade tv”.

#1949 3 years ago

Is it just me or do the graphics look the same. Only 3 PGA courses?

#1950 3 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Is it just me or do the graphics look the same. Only 3 PGA courses?

They don't look like much of an upgrade to be honest.

I'm in NO hurry to upgrade at this point. Love my HE.

There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/39?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.