IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9551 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 74.
#1851 3 years ago

Does anyone here have a GT Fore Complete board they'd be willing to sell? Or know how to help me upgrade a 2004 board to run the 2006 complete? Thx!

#1852 3 years ago

When I’m prompted to enter my phone number for a replay capture code, is anyone able to type in their number with the keypad? Seems like a no brainer but appears you have to use the track ball to enter numbers. Why is that? Seems silly unless I’m missing something.

#1853 3 years ago

Not sure it’s a given whatever new system they release will have the massive amount of courses our current games have. When IT cut their last system (04 or 06 Complete?), wasn’t the new system missing that huge stash of courses?

#1854 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Does anyone here have a GT Fore Complete board they'd be willing to sell? Or know how to help me upgrade a 2004 board to run the 2006 complete? Thx!

These boards are very hard to find. When I purchased a project 2000 GT Cocktail Machine four years ago, the complete board cost me $450 + the flash drive kit. You are going to need the Flash Drive w/ epron upgrade in addition to transferring to complete.

Right now there is a board on E Bay for $550 that includes the flash drive upgrade. At the time the expense was well worth it since we definitely played the hell out of that machine, until recently acquiring the HE.

#1855 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

These boards are very hard to find. When I purchased a project 2000 GT Cocktail Machine four years ago, the complete board cost me $450 + the flash drive kit. You are going to need the Flash Drive w/ epron upgrade in addition to transferring to complete.
Right now there is a board on E Bay for $550 that includes the flash drive upgrade. At the time the expense was well worth it since we definitely played the hell out of that machine, until recently acquiring the HE.

Thx for the note.. I saw that board on ebay. Rather not spend 550 for it. There was also a guy on ebay offering an exchange service but he looks sold out now. That said, I think I found someone that can upgrade my current board...hoping it works out. Appreciate your help.

#1856 3 years ago

The difference between paying to upgrade to GT Complete, and upgrading to the "Live" format, is like paying 500 to go to the moon and 600 to go to mars...Just sayin....

#1857 3 years ago

The new version, whatever it ends up being, doesn’t seem worth getting upset about to me. Might be cool; hopefully it is. I’ll still be happy having ~90 courses in my 2021 edition just as I’d be happy owning an ‘04 Complete.

#1858 3 years ago

I couldn't agree w/ you more. The complete is still a good choice for what it offered in terms of what technology was fifteen years ago. We still have the full catalog of GT's (including complete) on our 70,000 in 1 Extreme Home Arcade. Once in a while, complete is still fun w/ nostalgia being part of the factor.

The current HE format is actually the complete edition w/ todays graphics, game play & added in depth stat information. The HE is simply GT Complete on steroids. The GT timeline difference is comparable to a modern Stern & a DMD from several years ago. No matter, both still a lot of fun.

That reminds me > JohnnyPinball007

Since you have been on a recent machine binge (GT, BBH, pitch & bat, etc.) you should possibly consider purchasing an Extreme Home Arcade. This is the absolutely the only machine missing from your lineup. Then you might consider yourself having everything, even though you almost do.

#1859 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

you should possibly consider purchasing an Extreme Home Arcade.

I have a multi cade with 12K games, 40 inch screen, and had a steering wheel and gas/brake pedals added for the driving games. I keep wanting to play some more Pole Position 2 and Centipede (and a few others) on it, but end up mostly back at BBH and the other games.

Variety is sweet!

(Mom is addicted to the pitch and bat now, says it is the best game I have ever purchased).

#1860 3 years ago

Yah... no. You can’t ignore online capabilities and say it’s the same.

Quoted from Ockeyhead:

The current HE format is actually the complete edition w/ todays graphics, game play & added in depth stat information. The HE is simply GT Complete on steroids.

#1861 3 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

The difference between paying to upgrade to GT Complete, and upgrading to the "Live" format, is like paying 500 to go to the moon and 600 to go to mars...Just sayin....

I cant upgrade from 2004 to LIVE...are you saying I can get a net new pre-owned LIVE game for just 600? If so...thats a thought.

#1862 3 years ago

So you do have it all! Yes, no doubt a pitch & bat is great as long as there are two players. We had a Slugfest in for a bit, but the novelty wore off after a while.

Alright Johnny, do you or did you ever have the Merit Megatouch. We have the Merit Aurora & the JVL Encore, as those machines are a permanent staple in our arcade room. I'm just trying to stump (mess w/) you if possible?

#1863 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

do you or did you ever have the Merit Megatouch

I have never heard of it. I looked it up and it looks like they went out of business in 2014. That is a shame, the Erotic Photo Hunt game seemed pretty interesting.

Anyway, I have said it before, but I wish Golden Tee could be combined with Big Buck Hunter. Have a gun mounted on the side of the game.

Anytime we play Golden Tee now and I see any animals around the course I start looking for a gun.

Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I'm just trying to stump (mess w/) you if possible?

Much appreciated. I love to hear about games I did not know existed. I never knew Big Buck existed until I was reading stuff on here.

Quoted from Ockeyhead:

We had a Slugfest in for a bit, but the novelty wore off after a while.

Pitch and bats were my favorite when I was very young, and still fun now. I hope I never want to/need to get rid of anything I have now.

Anyway, is there a thread on Pinside about the megatouch games?

Oh, and back to Golden Tee, I plan to leave this 2020 HE as is for several years, then hopefully be able to get a good deal for several years worth of upgrades all at one time.

As long as it keeps working and parts stay available, I am not worried about this game becoming worthless.

The 60 game cocktail table has not been played in forever, and I have told a few friends that I would sell it. But really, that game is so light, it could come in handy if I were to ever take a long road trip vacation again, it would be easy to take in and out of hotel rooms, etc.

#1864 3 years ago

The Megatouch machines were (several years ago) usually situated in most bars throughout. There are approximately 150 games on each (JVL Merit) w/ categories in sports, trivia, cards, puzzle, etc. The current/last 2014 software is really good!

Yes, the Merit company did go out of business in 2014, but one can still find parts if need be. If you go to E Bay there are always at least several megatouches for sale at any given time. I purchase all my touch screens from Mike Fresca, who owns Maryland Game Time.

I'm sure there is a few threads on the Merits/JVL's, as you could just use the search forum to learn more. To us, the touchscreens are like GT as they never grow to boring.

I also have the BBH's on my Extreme Arcade. Never played them but will have to give it a try. There is just s-o-o-o-o much content it's impossible to play everything. In a way I'm sort of like you, I like it all & some.

#1865 3 years ago

On the Complete vs. Live debate, is the new service a subscription? Do you lose your ability to access the courses offline if you don't pay or do you just not have access to the online features?

#1866 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Yes, the Merit company did go out of business in 2014, but one can still find parts if need be

I will look at it more. Maybe a new company will start making something like that.

I did want a pitch and bat forever, I was just waiting for new ones to be made.

I am not good at working on stuff. Mechanical, most of the time I can figure out, but trying to find some diode that went out, hell no.

Thanks again for telling me about this, it sounds like a whole lot of fun!

#1867 3 years ago

No doubt, check into the JVL Encore/Merrit. The Encore is the best model for JVL, as the Aurora is top of line for Merit. We have had several different models w/ both, being the above mentioned are worth looking into. As you very well know, variety is the spice of life.

Now, if I can only suggest that you look into an Alesis Strike Pro SE. It's a top-end electronic drum set ~ Never mind, this is a whole different category.

Enjoy!

#1868 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Yah... no. You can’t ignore online capabilities and say it’s the same.

"The HE format is actually the complete edition w/ todays graphics, game play & added in depth stat information. The HE is simply the GT Complete on steroids."

Gee, I for got to mention the online capabilities ~ my bad! There's always someone w/ a critical comment > Welcome to Pinside!

#1869 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I cant upgrade from 2004 to LIVE...are you saying I can get a net new pre-owned LIVE game for just 600? If so...thats a thought.

Thats not what I am saying, it's an analogy, meaning that an interested player should upgrade to "Live" as opposed to paying 500 to get a "Complete" board.

#1870 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I did want a pitch and bat forever

I had a pitch and bat and I think it lasted two weeks before I wanted it out of the house. It was fun for about a dozen games and then got old super quick for me(too much of a novelty). I like variety as well but do not want to have it lose it's luster too quickly? I have been looking at Zeke's Peak and Ice Cold Beer but I struggle spending over $2500 on one because of novelty factor(and stupid jacked up pricing). Will I get bored of it after 20 plays and then will it be just for my guest? Same thing goes for that new Pong machine-I could see myself getting bored quickly. One game I saw the other day on CL was a Family Guy bowling game that looks like Golden Tee pedestal. Has anyone played it? It looks fun to me

#1871 3 years ago

Never played the FG bowling, but bowling is always fun w/ a trackball. The two that we play are World Class Bowling & Capcom. Both are just very good examples of straight ahead bowling w/ trackball precision. You should possibly look into Silver Strike produced by Incredible Technologies.

We also had Slugfest in as it lasted just a few weeks. It's the only machine that my father played, but he claimed it was the best of the best! If my dad considers something fun, then most likely it isn't. He was rather upset when it flew out the door.

#1872 3 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

On the Complete vs. Live debate, is the new service a subscription? Do you lose your ability to access the courses offline if you don't pay or do you just not have access to the online features?

You still have access to all the courses (that are already unlocked, anyway - some are time-release) for casual play. You will not be able to track your scores, or sign in with your golfer any more.

You can still customize your golfer before teeing off on the 1st hole, though. Just takes a bit more time.

#1873 3 years ago

Anytime we play Golden Tee now and I see any animals around the course I start looking for a gun.

You don't need a gun- you're already armed with a club! lol

Back in the early Golden Tee games- you could hit at the clubhouse on the 18th hole and if you hit a window would actually hear glass breaking! If I wasn't going to make the leader board- I'd practice taking out windows!

I knew when I purchased my GT HE in 2015 that eventually there would need to be a hardware upgrade. Just wans't sure how far out it would be. Now I have 5 years to save for a GT PGA HE. At $4/game savings vs playing at the bar-I'll have enough within 2-3 years. Excited to see whats in store for GT going forward!

#1874 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

You don't need a gun- you're already armed with a club! lol
Back in the early Golden Tee games- you could hit at the clubhouse on the 18th hole and if you hit a window would actually hear glass breaking! If I wasn't going to make the leader board- I'd practice taking out windows!
I knew when I purchased my GT HE in 2015 that eventually there would need to be a hardware upgrade. Just wans't sure how far out it would be. Now I have 5 years to save for a GT PGA HE. At $4/game savings vs playing at the bar-I'll have enough within 2-3 years. Excited to see whats in store for GT going forward!

Looks like some vendors and VIP's are getting eyes on the new machine for the first time today. Hopefully we'll get some teasers.

#1875 3 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Thats not what I am saying, it's an analogy, meaning that an interested player should upgrade to "Live" as opposed to paying 500 to get a "Complete" board.

Gotcha...well that sucks....I got excited thinking I could get to Mars for $600!!

#1876 3 years ago

I have a multi cade with 12K games, 40 inch screen, and had a steering wheel and gas/brake pedals added for the driving games. I keep wanting to play some more Pole Position 2 and Centipede (and a few others) on it, but end up mostly back at BBH and the other games.
Variety is sweet!
(Mom is addicted to the pitch and bat now, says it is the best game I have ever purchased).

Where did you get the multi Cade?

#1877 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Where did you get the multi Cade?

Sending a pm.

#1878 3 years ago

We had several mid-2000s Golden Tee cabinets, some working and others not. We couldn't find buyers for them in time to move warehouses. Fortunately we were able to save them from the dumpster by giving them to a local friend. Especially since one was a Complete.

#1879 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

You still have access to all the courses (that are already unlocked, anyway - some are time-release) for casual play. You will not be able to track your scores, or sign in with your golfer any more.

You can still customize your golfer before teeing off on the 1st hole, though. Just takes a bit more time.

Ah I see. I'm guessing there are also some improvements in gameplay since then? I'm just curious because I have Complete on my multicade that I play with a trackball and I have fun with it. Just wondering if it would be worth several hundred dollars to upgrade at some point down the road.

#1880 3 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Ah I see. I'm guessing there are also some improvements in gameplay since then? I'm just curious because I have Complete on my multicade that I play with a trackball and I have fun with it. Just wondering if it would be worth several hundred dollars to upgrade at some point down the road.

The newest versions of Live are WELL worth the upgrade. Especially 2019 and forward. In 19 they introduced a new mode called "Real Time Rivals" which allows you to play in real-time against a computer opponent. Very cool. In 2021, Real Time Rivals went online, and introduced a "ladder-mode" ala Mortal Kombat. Very fun stuff. Each time you beat a rival on the ladder, you win prizes like clubs, balls, tees, etc.

#1881 3 years ago

Oh nice, I got 2021 installed for the new courses but didn’t notice the changes to the rivals mode. Definitely have to try that again.

For me, the toughest part is dialing in the shots that are not 100% power. I can get the drives pretty darn close to where I want them even with wind and spin, but the closer up shots are a bear

#1882 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Oh nice, I got 2021 installed for the new courses but didn’t notice the changes to the rivals mode. Definitely have to try that again.
For me, the toughest part is dialing in the shots that are not 100% power. I can get the drives pretty darn close to where I want them even with wind and spin, but the closer up shots are a bear

For Close up shots try using a lower lofted club especially when there is wind.

#1883 3 years ago

The stuff we were able to donate and save:
DSC_1440 (resized).JPGDSC_1440 (resized).JPG

#1884 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

We also had Slugfest in as it lasted just a few weeks. It's the only machine that my father played, but he claimed it was the best of the best! If my dad considers something fun, then most likely it isn't. He was rather upset when it flew out the door.

This pitch and bat is the only game my Mom plays. And she just beat the high score on it with 57 runs (old score from someone else was 48), and this game is not going anywhere!

Mom and most of my family is around 80 years old now, and I am glad to have a game here that is simple and fun enough for them.

(At one time a few years ago Mom liked the AC/DC pinball machine the best, but after some eye surgery she could no longer handle the flashing lights).

Golden Tee is awesome! I hope to be able to enjoy it for many years to come!

BUT, no way in hell would I even try to get 80 year old family members into it, their short term memory does not last much longer than one round on the pitch and bat, and I want them to be able to have some more fun as they get older.

I like variety and I tire of any game if I play it too often.

If you can, please get another pitch and bat game for your Dad.

#1885 3 years ago

Mom and most of my family is around 80 years old now, and I am glad to have a game here that is simple and fun enough for them.

That is a great story. I have a similar story and it sounds like our Moms are around the same age. My mother loved playing my Elvis, and told me never to sell it. Well I did not listen to Mom and now I am missing my old Elvis and currently on the hunt to find another one. Mothers really do know best!

#1886 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The stuff we were able to save:
[quoted image]

That silver strike on the right is a gem - those cabinets make fantastic cut-downs. I could make a jewel of a game out of that cabinet.

#1887 3 years ago

The cabinets were the deciding factor, they were in excellent shape. The only issue was the rubber t-molding was starting to break down and get sticky, but that's an easy replacement. Because these machines had yearly refreshes, the cabinets were only used for brief periods of time and held up great. You can use them for anything.

#1888 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

That silver strike on the right is a gem - those cabinets make fantastic cut-downs. I could make a jewel of a game out of that cabinet.

I really want to do a modification on my GT Home cabinet and add in the bowling and mini-golf games as optional games you can select on boot. PowerPutt Golf really does look fun, I just can't justify the price of the stand alone cabinet. First world problems

#1889 3 years ago

Depending on your age, the first world aspect, may be remedied in your lifetime...

#1890 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I really want to do a modification on my GT Home cabinet and add in the bowling and mini-golf games as optional games you can select on boot. PowerPutt Golf really does look fun, I just can't justify the price of the stand alone cabinet. First world problems

Feel free to shoot me a PM, I can present you with options.

#1891 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

My buddy has Silver Strike, Power Putt and Target Toss all running off his 2020 golden tee Nighthawk hardware via a splitter on his IO board. Pretty cool to be able to put all those games in 1 cab!

#1892 3 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

My buddy has Silver Strike, Power Putt and Target Toss all running off his 2020 golden tee Nighthawk hardware via a splitter on his IO board. Pretty cool to be able to put all those games in 1 cab!

I would love to know how to do this!

#1893 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I would love to know how to do this!

Me too

#1894 3 years ago

Go to You Tube to find tutorials on how to install the additional IT games. I know Scantron5k has this setup running in his extreme home arcade. He uses an onboard switch to toggle through the individual games. You can find his video via You Tube, as he breaks down the complete order/direction on how to install all four IT games.

Search > 4 in 1 Golden Tee Live

#1895 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Go to You Tube to find tutorials on how to install the additional IT games. I know Scantron5k has this setup running in his extreme home arcade. He uses an onboard switch to toggle through the individual games. You can find his video via You Tube, as he breaks down the complete order/direction on how to install all four IT games.
Search > 4 in 1 Golden Tee Live

Good call, that’s exactly who I was referring to, Scantron5k. He’s got his Megacade all pimped out with 2021 Golden Tee and all of the other Incredible Technologies games in one cabinet piggybacking off the golden tee hardware.

#1896 3 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

Good call, that’s exactly who I was referring to, Scantron5k. He’s got his Megacade all pimped out with 2021 Golden Tee and all of the other Incredible Technologies games in one cabinet piggybacking off the golden tee hardware.

Yes, we have the Extreme Home Arcade also but we prefer to play GT the way it was meant to be played. With the individual cabinet in front of a giant HD TV. The EHA already has it all, so to play GT separate is great when both machines are being played.

Scantron5k has many informative videos on the EHA. He's the main reason why we choose to purchase an EHA, as I'm sure I'm not the only one. The absolute best machine in our arcade room. Tell your buddy he's doing an excellent job! David Lewis the owner of EHA should give him a kick-back/commission.

#1897 3 years ago

Looking for some tech help. Track ball on my older golden tee will not respond when going to the right. Up/ down/ left work fine. The ball is encased in plastic so I don't see and adjustments. Time for a new track ball? Anything else I can do? Thanks

#1898 3 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Looking for some tech help.

My tech told me while a while back when I asked some of the same questions that yeah you can take it apart and clean it, but better off to just buy a whole new assembly, and that is what I plan to do.

Also good advice for any trac ball game, when not in use, cover the ball with a towel to keep dust off it.

#1899 3 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Looking for some tech help. Track ball on my older golden tee will not respond when going to the right. Up/ down/ left work fine. The ball is encased in plastic so I don't see and adjustments. Time for a new track ball? Anything else I can do? Thanks

definitely try cleaning the ball itself and the sensors. if that doesn't work then you can always order a replacement trackball assembly.

#1900 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Yes, we have the Extreme Home Arcade also but we prefer to play GT the way it was meant to be played. With the individual cabinet in front of a giant HD TV. The EHA already has it all, so to play GT separate is great when both machines are being played.
Scantron5k has many informative videos on the EHA. He's the main reason why we choose to purchase an EHA, as I'm sure I'm not the only one. The absolute best machine in our arcade room. Tell your buddy he's doing an excellent job! David Lewis the owner of EHA should give him a kick-back/commission.

It’s a nice option for those limited on space to be able to combine everything into one cabinet like McGyver Scantron did with his Megacade. I like the classic cabinet look myself so I opted for a GT home edition cabinet rather than a pedestal...and I needed to save space for more pinball machines lol.

There are 3,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/38?hl=briks-707 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.