Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 74.
#1801 3 years ago

I purchased a home live 2019 two weeks ago. I’m so addicted to it now. I shoot about -2 online and need to improve my short chips and putting. I can see myself playing this thing for years to come
Thanks everyone for recommending this wonderful game

#1802 3 years ago

Golden Tee PGA tour announced!

#1803 3 years ago

Is there Any other detail on this Next Gen other then that clip??

#1804 3 years ago

Entirely new platform, new cab, new everything. The old platform will still be supported, but I feel bad for anyone that just put down $4k for what is now the old version over the last few weeks.

#1805 3 years ago

The golden tee countdowns end with as much info as deeproot ones

#1806 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

The golden tee countdowns end with as much info as deeproot ones

Agreed. Less info then the hype promotion?

#1807 3 years ago

New cab? not sure where you are seeing this?

#1808 3 years ago

From Facebook...

Adam Kramer:

All,
I have thought about what to say in this post for a long time—how to properly introduce a new platform of Golden Tee. Amid the madness of 2020, we have made it. And I really couldn’t be more excited or thankful to be delivering that to you today.

Excuse the word buffet of this post. But there are some things I want to clear up to eliminate confusion.

The Golden Tee PGA TOUR Edition is coming THIS year. And it’s going to be arriving sooner than expected. I know you have questions—probably a ton of them and for good reason. We’re going to get to all of them in time, and I appreciate the patience in advance.

It’s important, however, that we highlight something extremely important. The current installment of Golden Tee is not going away. Anything said otherwise is flat-out wrong. We’re going to be developing updates for this game for the years to come. We’re going to keep altering Events—including adding 9 holers and money $hot type contests. These games are going to be live and full of energy for years to come. This is incredibly important to me and our company, and I want to be as clear as I possibly can be on this.

Regarding the PGA TOUR Edition, I’ll say this: We are planning to mesh what makes Golden Tee great right now with vibrant, real golf courses. We will do so with a new cabinet (coming soon) that uses new tech that is wildly exciting. We all add new modes over time that bring these worlds together.

We are partnering with the PGA TOUR in hopes of taking this game to a news stratosphere. This is a long-term partnership, and they are great partners. The story of how this came about is one we plan to share in time, and it’s one I am excited to share. (I still can’t believe this is real, but it is.)

The possibilities are endless. I am not just saying that as a marketing guy by trade—well, maybe a little. But I mean it. There is still so much life in a game that is more than 30 years old, and we are going to tap into that life in exciting ways. This is a vision we have had for years—one that is constantly being remolded—and I am so excited that we can finally say this out loud.

This group, in particular, highlights why we are able to do something this bold. The passion is still there. I know I have it. And I just want to thank you for allowing us to do something this grand. I truly believe this can change the way Golden Tee is viewed. I believe it will rapidly grow our audience. I believe we can engage people in a way we haven’t before. That’s why we’re doing what we’re doing.

As I wrap up this monstrosity, I hope that you’ll remain patient with us. Launching an update during a pandemic was nothing short of behind-the-curtain madness. This, of course, is on an entirely different level.

I couldn’t be prouder of the people making this possible, and I also can’t thank IT’s ownership enough. They believe in this product, in our division, in the vision and the dedication from people like you. It’s why we’re allowed to do this. (I legitimately can’t wait.)

This promises to be a very exciting stretch. News, images, information, courses, etc. will come fast. We have a lot to get done, but are very excited to be where we are. And we are thrilled you are coming on this journey with us.

Happy New Year. Happy 2021 and beyond. Cheers to all.

#1809 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Entirely new platform, new cab, new everything. The old platform will still be supported, but I feel bad for anyone that just put down $4k for what is now the old version over the last few weeks.

I am not sure who exactly you are feeling bad for?

#1810 3 years ago

For everyone who just put down $4k and had a brand new game come out a few months / weeks later?

Quoted from Indusguys:

I am not sure who exactly you are feeling bad for?

#1811 3 years ago

Fan page link here...

Lots of HE owners with questions.....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GoldenTeeFan/

#1812 3 years ago

Graphics look crisp and not so grainy from the short clip. Can you imagine playing Pebble Beach? Looking forward to what is to come.

#1813 3 years ago

I see "uses new tech that is wildly exciting". But no one has access to this tech and it might not be as good as they are saying. Either way very exciting, hopefully I can easily upgrade to this new wildly exciting tech!

#1814 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

For everyone who just put down $4k

Meh most people paid $3200-$3400 and can sell for almost break even if they decide to upgrade-no biggie

#1815 3 years ago

Lol. Nobody is paying $3,200 for a golden tee shipped to their door.

And a used one is $3k today. That’s going down when everyone sells to upgrade.

Quoted from pinmister:

Meh most people paid $3200-$3400 and can sell for almost break even if they decide to upgrade-no biggie

#1816 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Might go down when some people decide to upgrade, is that what you mean?

#1817 3 years ago

From Kevin @ IT on the Home Edition owners fb page...

Kevin M Lindsay
Just to clarify here, before I have a chance to share Adam’s full post, the current platform of LIVE will be supported and updated with new courses, events, etc for at least the next 3-5 years.

#1818 3 years ago

Trailer below for Golden Tee PGA Tour announced today.

Also some interesting info from an IT employee about current HE editions and the new product. This doesn't appear to be a replacement for GT. If this is just GT with realistic courses I have zero interest, its the unrealistic crazy courses that makes me want to play GT.

Screenshot_20210101-130656_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210101-130656_Chrome (resized).jpg

#1819 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It is hard for me to imagine that the technology will change the game that much. I still play Tiger Woods 2005 and think it is the best golf game any console has ever come out with. There is no way they are going to change this game drastically as it has been very successful and the professionals might not like getting used to some thing that is new.

#1820 3 years ago

From Adam Kramer:

Adam Kramer
I want to add some clarity on the Home Edition front. This will not be all the answers, but some. We are launching this commercially to start. That is our focus. This product will not launch to the home to begin, and we will outline the timeline to change that in the future.

#1821 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

From Adam Kramer:
Adam Kramer
I want to add some clarity on the Home Edition front. This will not be all the answers, but some. We are launching this commercially to start. That is our focus. This product will not launch to the home to begin, and we will outline the timeline to change that in the future.

I am not really sure why a company would decide to do this considering there is no end to Covid and we may be playing these games at home exclusively in the future. I don’t know what it is like in the rest of the world but there is nobody going to bars and playing Golden tee in these parts.

#1822 3 years ago

Some more info. Sounds like the current platform will be supported for at least 5 years with updates, the new PGA edition won't even be available for the home for a while it seems.

Screenshot_20210101-131645_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210101-131645_Chrome (resized).jpg

#1823 3 years ago

I like that Adam is keeping us in the loop but it sounds like this would’ve been better done as a reveal when they had the actual software and technology ready to show us. Now he’s just going to be answering a bunch of questions and wasting his New Year’s Day.

#1824 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I am not really sure why a company would decide to do this considering there is no end to Covid and we may be playing these games at home exclusively in the future. I don’t know what it is like in the rest of the world but there is nobody going to bars and playing Golden tee in these parts.

You're right, with few playing in bars right now, you cant ask OP's to fork out 5K for a bunch of new peds?
I have not seen a release date yet??? Mabey within a year??
Wonder how much the license fees were and how it will affect the cost.

#1825 3 years ago

I'm interested to see how much the new commercial GT PGA cabinet will cost. Hell it could be $5k+. If the home version, whenever one comes out (doesn't sound like this year), cost $5k+ as well I would expect current HE cabinets to stay in the $3k+ range for years to come.

#1826 3 years ago

I wonder if this means no planned game engine/upgrades on GT cabs if PGA is the go forward platform...?

#1827 3 years ago

anyone looking to get in on the current 2021 Home Edition, let me know. 3 in stock and ready to ship Monday.

#1828 3 years ago

I will be bringing a couple more commercial 2021 to auction this month. Pics in previous post. 3k per, Happ stand and 40" monitors.

#1829 3 years ago

Dick move selling 4k golden tees knowing new tech is coming soon

#1830 3 years ago

Dick move selling 4k golden tees knowing new tech is coming soon

Chillax guys you are making mountains out of molehills. It will be some time before they actually go from commercial to home and when they do it will likely be priced much higher. Now they have to pay royalties, etc.-those cost will be passed on to the consumer. You can buy a new GT for $3400($3200 Floor model)-not $4000. It will be supported for many years to come-so enjoy it and wait until there is a PGA Home Version for $5500 and then go and sell your GT that you had a blast playing for several years for $3000. Time will tell-it's all good

I am just excited for the future potential with this franchise

#1831 3 years ago

Again, who is selling brand new GT's for $3,000 plus shipping? It's not $3,400 if you have to pay shipping or tax. It's $3,400 plus $300 - $400 shipping, so okay, $3,700 or $3,800. If you want to split hairs here then you are correct, it's not $4K. It's not $3,400.

Post here who is selling GT's for $3,400 to your door and save some people here some money.

Quoted from pinmister:

You can buy a new GT for $3400

#1832 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Post here who is selling GT's for $3,400

Call around Bro-that is all I can say

#1833 3 years ago

The couple people who have posted games for sale on this page of the thread are great, I don't believe for a second someone is selling GT's for $3k brand new, so if the price is a few hundred higher than that, buy with confidence.

Quoted from pinmister:

Call around Bro-that is all I can say

#1834 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

someone is selling GT's for $3k brand new

Who ever said someone was selling new GT's for $3k?

#1835 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The couple people who have posted games for sale on this page of the thread are great, I don't believe for a second someone is selling GT's for $3k brand new, so if the price is a few hundred higher than that, buy with confidence.

If we bow and say your right will you drop it?? Who gives crap really?

#1836 3 years ago

People on pinside who sell golden tee’s? Maybe?

Quoted from Yelobird:

Who gives crap really?

#1837 3 years ago

More info from Adam Fitzgerald:

R. E. L. A. X !!! Lol.

Please read all of this! I have some good news for our customers below!!

Okay.. so in all seriousness. I just want to react to the news from IT today. First of all, I just want to clarify what I know. Yes IT is adding a new platform with a PGA sponsorship as part of it. No we don't have any more news than you do. All we had was hearsay the last couple months like most of you. We tried to reach out to multiple people at IT, but we were apparently not privileged to any further info.

The things I had HEARD (hearsay) were happening is pretty much what we found out today. A new PGA platform and cabinet to start as a commercial version. Possible real TPC courses. New hardware, (no further info there) unsure what is or will be upgradable. Support including new courses and features for GT for at least 5 years. While we could get no confirmation of this from IT, we did have it from good sources that they would continue to support GT. 5 years of a technology product is a LONG time. So please, don't panic! Let IT release more info, and let's go from there!

Now to the fun part of this post! Brian Roske and myself wanna thank the GT community (Especially our customers for a great year!!! Yes 2020 has been a nightmare for a lot of people. I myself am glad that Golden Tee has been there for us, and for a lot of you!! Let's look at some positives.... Home ownership is at an all time high! The features and game is the best its ever been! The GT streamers have made the year much better as well. So as Aaron Rodgers famously said.. lets all RELAX! New things are coming to a game we all LOVE! Until we have all the info, let's enjoy GT! Its in a great place!!!!

Lastly... Brian Roske and myself would like to offer something special for anyone who paid for a game from us in 2020! We will be giving away 2 FREE UPDATES!!
I'm also hoping to add to this giveaway! I'm thinking some GT swag. Some FSgaming swag. Maybe more! I'll see about finding some more items to give away..
I will add in my other parts customers to some of the other giveaway items as well! The free updates will only go to our new GT Home edition machine owners!

No need to register, we have the list of those who have purchased games from us this past year! Fyi, Brian and I planned to do something prior to ITs announcement today, but I wanted to hear what they had to say before making this post!

We will do a Live stream at the Latte Lounge as soon as I have everything gathered up to draw the winners!

Please keep any negative comments to yourself. We are offering this as a Thank you to our customers who purchased games in this crazy covid year!

Thanks for all your business, and let's just enjoy the bright future of this game!!

Thanks!
Adam and Brian.

#1838 3 years ago

Not too much info except he is saying support for at least 5 years...

#1839 3 years ago

I still don't get it. They admit home ownership is at an all time high. Won't this announcement affect future sales for HE? Plus focusing on a commercial unit during a pandemic seems odd. Even after the vaccine rollout is successful people habits of going out will be different.

#1840 3 years ago

I see it as apples and oranges and people will still want both-I know I will. It will take some time to continue to develop the new platform and roll-out. I do not see it affecting HE sales.
I was thinking about how extensive the programming must be with trying to replicate and simulate real courses. So many variances that need to be taken into account, a real monumental task(lots of respect). I am so happy with my GT and it was one of the best things I have ever bought for entertainment. Lots of bang for your buck(for many years to come!)

If anyone is considering purchasing a new GT or is on the fence-I highly recommend it!

#1841 3 years ago

Exactly.

I still don't get it. They admit home ownership is at an all time high. Won't this announcement affect future sales for HE? Plus focusing on a commercial unit during a pandemic seems odd. Even after the vaccine rollout is successful people habits of going out will be different.

#1842 3 years ago

Sure feels that way to me, however if it’s not available for home then I suppose it may not be relevant. What a lot of folks may or may not realize, a license costs money. My guess is IT/PGA is looking for continued revenue, and home Edition users do not pay per click. The goal here is to drive customer back to the bars and to stimulate business for the struggling operators. Give people a reason to go out and start playing again. Offering at home would kill the market they need most. Companies need to find creative ways to drive people back to pay per play, operators need it and bars need it. We aren’t there yet, but it’s just a matter of time if the vaccine proves successful.

I think it would be wise for IT to consider a new mode or PGA type add on to the home edition machine. This would add some excitement. Many companies offer home variants, if you want full commercial that is certainly an option but will likely cost more as they are meant to be revenue producers. Usually the home market gets things a bit later.

#1843 3 years ago

You make a lot of good points. On one hand, this might drive people back to bars and back to coin-op. On the other hand, it's probably not a good time for ops to shell out thousands of dollars, possibly many times over.

I wonder if they are considering something like RT does. Subsidize the up front cost of the machine, and send something like $0.30 back to the mothership every time someone coins up.

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Sure feels that way to me, however if it’s not available for home then I suppose it may not be relevant. What a lot of folks may or may not realize, a license costs money. My guess is IT/PGA is looking for continued revenue, and home Edition users do not pay per click. The goal here is to drive customer back to the bars and to stimulate business for the struggling operators. Give people a reason to go out and start playing again. Offering at home would kill the market they need most. Companies need to find creative ways to drive people back to pay per play, operators need it and bars need it. We aren’t there yet, but it’s just a matter of time if the vaccine proves successful.
I think it would be wise for IT to consider a new mode or PGA type add on to the home edition machine. This would add some excitement. Many companies offer home variants, if you want full commercial that is certainly an option but will likely cost more as they are meant to be revenue producers. Usually the home market gets things a bit later.

#1844 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I see it as apples and oranges and people will still want both-I know I will. It will take some time to continue to develop the new platform and roll-out. I do not see it affecting HE sales.
I was thinking about how extensive the programming must be with trying to replicate and simulate real courses. So many variances that need to be taken into account, a real monumental task(lots of respect). I am so happy with my GT and it was one of the best things I have ever bought for entertainment. Lots of bang for your buck(for many years to come!)
If anyone is considering purchasing a new GT or is on the fence-I highly recommend it!

I think you're in the minority. A person would have to have room for 2 machines. And drop over 10k. I don't see the market being big enough. Pinside is its own world. Dropping 10k isn't a big deal to many here but for 99% it is life changing money.

#1845 3 years ago

I think you're in the minority. A person would have to have room for 2 machines. And drop over 10k. I don't see the market being big enough. Pinside is its own world. Dropping 10k isn't a big deal to many here but for 99% it is life changing money.

You make a very good point, and you are dead on. I don’t think most people will buy it for the home, I also don’t think this product was designed for the home market in mind. We have to remember first and foremost these games were meant to be coin operated profit making machines. IT still needs to innovate new products for the commercial market as well. This market is certainly struggling right now, but to release a new product for the spring/summer is smart. It’s a marketing move and they are keeping active despite the circumstances.

IT has two markets, and it is perfectly acceptable for them to release a new product for the commercial market IMO. I think it’s awesome they also have home market items, but I can see why they might be different than commercial games. Right now the commercial market needs attention.

I am seeing LOTS of different strategies, while IT has offered the home version for some time, many companies are releasing home products that never have before! For example I have recently added a couple new home products from Skeeball and Spider 360. Both are new in the last several months. ICE has a new home division as well hitting the market, and Raw Thrills just release a home version of Jurassic Park arcade.

The game market is changing and I think companies are exploring different ideas, and I think it’s really awesome to see these companies innovate!

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

#1846 3 years ago

Timing of this sucks. I understand it's been over a year in the making (likely more like 2-3 years) but releasing that teaser on January 1st during the worst week of death from a global pandemic ever - I just don't get it. It's gonna be at least 4-6 months before we see the same kinds of crowds at bars and resteraunts again, if ever. And that's assuming that the we can knock this virus out. If the past 9 months of ridiculous bickering among people is any indication, we'll be dealing with the effects of this pandemic for years to come. I'm just not sure a commercial avenue is where I would have gone with this partnership.

All of the info I've been able to garner on this points to the new cab being the "same game" PLUS the addition of PGA branding, with a few "real PGA" courses added in - to attract a new audience of players to the game. More than likely 4K hardware (and probably capable of 8K if they're smart), and no more moduluar setups - gone will be the CID and the I/O board will be solid state with no removable parts. Probably not even a PC any more, more like a hybrid system built specifically to play the game, using "system on a board" technology.

Here's the part I don't understand: If they plan to support the older platform for at least 3-5 years (per IT), what changes after that? The new commercial game will already be able to play all of the old courses available in the current platform - that's the definition of support. Backwards compatibility.

For the next 3-5 years, new courses will be released, with support for both the old platform and new. So what then? What changes on the new update released after that? Only coding courses in 4K resolution so they will no longer run on the old cabinets? I just don't see what's different between year 5 and year 6.

#1847 3 years ago

I have a friend who may be able to get me a "broken" golden tee complete. Looks like it has the early 2000's games on it and a huge cab. Is cutting the original cab to a pedestal as easy as the YT videos hint at? Is this even worth monkeying with?

#1848 3 years ago

I wouldn't mess with a Complete cab. Especially one that doesn't work.

#1849 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have a friend who may be able to get me a "broken" golden tee complete. Looks like it has the early 2000's games on it and a huge cab. Is cutting the original cab to a pedestal as easy as the YT videos hint at? Is this even worth monkeying with?

If you get for free, my kit will give you a fine pedestal. Now populating the cabinet with the desired system is a separate operation, but you can certainly assemble a current game cheaper than buying new. All depends on how resourceful you are.

#1850 3 years ago

If anyone is looking for an arcade legends 3 within driving distance of Minneapolis, Pm me. I’ve decided any offer over 2k takes it it’s clean.

45FA7D2D-0318-4336-B245-7A1669191D91 (resized).jpeg45FA7D2D-0318-4336-B245-7A1669191D91 (resized).jpeg55ECC3C5-C6E5-4BBF-B906-CE973C8BDAAE (resized).jpeg55ECC3C5-C6E5-4BBF-B906-CE973C8BDAAE (resized).jpegB5CAF102-279D-4E01-9A00-BFB02F1089EE (resized).jpegB5CAF102-279D-4E01-9A00-BFB02F1089EE (resized).jpeg
There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/37?hl=nascarrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.