2A95D780-F257-47A9-AA18-E440C156033F (resized).jpeg
CFE1606D-DD0E-45A5-90F9-73AD0DC8EE64 (resized).jpeg
752F0EB1-9CAE-4850-8566-5EEA7CB0B125 (resized).jpeg
6EA388F8-9B40-4A29-AF75-091A9373DFBB (resized).jpeg
F0AE387B-8C3B-48BC-824C-D10516175879 (resized).jpeg
4B8325EF-24B8-4FF9-903D-BA1ACEB87171 (resized).jpeg
4B126928-686F-4898-847C-C3127217DC36 (resized).jpeg
hub (resized).jpg

There are 2,293 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 46.
#1751 1 year ago

I sold a ton of these kits to operators back in the day when Happ Controls was distributing them. I actually sold my last 13 kits for Live to 1 individual, but the 22 Fore kits I have can be modified back to Live

#1752 1 year ago

This is a VERY good deal. I believe all HD units can be updated to Reloaded for free.

The next cheapest price for a used HD is closer to $4,100....

Quoted from elcolonel:

Also have Big Buck Hunter HD 50" monitors for $3000.00

#1753 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This is a VERY good deal. I believe all HD units can be updated to Reloaded for free.

Cheaper to just buy one new:

The upgrade kits are as follows

Wild Pack 1 (3 animals) 785
Wild Pack 2 (buckzilla and zombie deer) 785
Duck Dynasty 650
Zombie - Doe of the Dead 1299
Monster Island 1299
Terminator Salvation Delta 1299

total upgrade kit 6117

#1754 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Actually I was thinking offline.

May be a good deal online?

#1755 1 year ago

The upgrade kits are as follows
Wild Pack 1 (3 animals) 785
Wild Pack 2 (buckzilla and zombie deer) 785
Duck Dynasty 650
Zombie - Doe of the Dead 1299
Monster Island 1299
Terminator Salvation Delta 1299
total upgrade kit 6117

LOL. Thats crazy.

#1756 1 year ago

Yes, online. Or just pay $785 for the wild pack one and have most of what you want.

Online $40/month you get everything.

Actually I was thinking offline.
May be a good deal online?

#1757 1 year ago

How do I know what year the machine is? Vs just running a newer software version?

#1758 1 year ago

Have a problem with the trackball spinning to the left, as it is very sluggish suddenly. When spinning the trackball left it is difficult to select clubs w/ distance.
Could this be a bad bearing or simply need a clean up?

Also, where do you order a new trackball? Looking to definitely buy another trackball to swap out over a period of time.

#1759 1 year ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Have a problem with the trackball spinning to the left, as it is very sluggish suddenly. When spinning the trackball left it is difficult to select clubs w/ distance.
Also, where do you order a new trackball? Looking to definitely buy another trackball to swap out over a period of time.

Pretty much just Google for a replacement. Or just clean it.

#1760 1 year ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Wanted to post pics of a Live conversion. These 2 are going to Sevierville Tn. auction on Saturday. They are for sale, but mainly wanted all to see pics of the conversion. Complete game(stand, monitor, the entire unit) can be bought for $3000.00.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Both sold for $3000.00 at the auction yesterday.

#1761 1 year ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Suzo-Haap sells replacements, but their shipping is expensive. They put a copper tape below the bearings to ground from static-electricity. I've bought a few spare track balls and a set of bearings so I always have a new one to swap out every few months.

#1762 1 year ago

I am really enjoying the real time rivals feature of this game! I feel as though it is a great tutorial for a beginner to learn the game. I just watch the rival make a difficult shot and then I try to emulate it. I have learned many of the C3 and A1 shots I found very difficult at start. I just moved on to Eagle Mcgee!

#1763 1 year ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

My track ball was having problems every 100 games or so. I would clean it and it would work great again. (max 140ish mph)

I then started putting a towel over the console when not in use and now I never really have to clean it from dust.

I don't know what it's like to play a unit where you can easily reach 150+ mph on every shot but I bet it makes the game easier. My shots avg about 130 when I try.

#1764 1 year ago

I just tied Eagle Mcgee with -18 and I lost? No extra holes, what a bummer, it is my best game to date!

#1765 1 year ago
Quoted from pinden007:

My track ball was having problems every 100 games or so. I would clean it and it would work great again. (max 140ish mph)
I then started putting a towel over the console when not in use and now I never really have to clean it from dust.
I don't know what it's like to play a unit where you can easily reach 150+ mph on every shot but I bet it makes the game easier. My shots avg about 130 when I try.

How difficult is it to clean? Had mine for a few years and haven’t cleaned it. Mainly because it is still spinning fine so why mess with it lol!

#1766 1 year ago

Price check, so what does a used 2020 non home edition pedestal only go for?

#1767 1 year ago

$3K is a good price.

Quoted from brobra:

rice check, so what does a used 2020 non home edition pedestal only go for?

#1768 1 year ago

I just sold two 2021 commercial full games(pedestal,stand,monitor) at the auction for 3k per.

#1769 1 year ago

If you want one, pm me.

#1770 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

Price check, so what does a used 2020 non home edition pedestal only go for?

$3000 or more depending on condition. It would surprise you how worn a route game can be, or how fried the monitor is. Yes LCD can burn in images. Plus you have to drive to get it or pay shipping.

I have new home editions in stock if you want the most current edition delivered right to your door, with warranty etc

#1771 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

How difficult is it to clean? Had mine for a few years and haven’t cleaned it. Mainly because it is still spinning fine so why mess with it lol!

I have cleaning questions. When I go after it on my game my drive is going pretty far (300+) but i'm topping out RPM wise in the low 120's. Do I need to do a cleaning? how do you know?

#1772 1 year ago

Thanks bros for the replies. I’ll reach out if interested and appreciate the info.
One other questions. Fair market Value on a 2015 pedestal only upgraded to 2020 software?

#1773 1 year ago

I started my GT subscription over the summer and was surprised to see I got charged $99.95 again by IT on my last credit card bill as I was not up for renewal yet. I spoke to a nice representative in accounting and it sounds I was not the first customer who has had this happen. She said that they would send me a refund check right away and correct the billing error.

#1774 1 year ago

I took the trackball out & did a thorough cleaning. After reinstalling the trackball it works perfectly as it should. It's not difficult at all to take out, clean, then reinstall. I will be purchasing another trackball so there is always another ready for a quick swap.

#1775 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I just tied Eagle Mcgee with -18 and I lost? No extra holes, what a bummer, it is my best game to date!

Ties go to the AI player....

Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I took the trackball out & did a thorough cleaning. After reinstalling the trackball it works perfectly as it should. It's not difficult at all to take out, clean, then reinstall. I will be purchasing another trackball so there is always another ready for a quick swap.

Sometimes you can find used ones on the FB arcade/GT group pages for way cheaper than Haap sells them.

#1776 1 year ago

I thought great shot points were the tiebreaker?

Quoted from nascarrey:

#1777 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I thought great shot points were the tiebreaker?

Oh ya, you're correct.
GSP just never matters to me when I play OJD or YJD because they hole out multiple times per round. So I LOSE every tie....lol

#1778 1 year ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Sometimes you can find used ones on the FB arcade/GT group pages for way cheaper than Haap sells them.

I purchased one from Gameroom Guys just before reading this. But that's alright, it will arrive here before Christmas.

Thanks!

#1779 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

If it's spinning fine, don't mess with it.

It's pretty easy to clean and there are some nice videos on you tube.

#1780 1 year ago
Quoted from TZBen:

I have cleaning questions. When I go after it on my game my drive is going pretty far (300+) but i'm topping out RPM wise in the low 120's. Do I need to do a cleaning? how do you know?

If you never cleaned it or don't cover it, I would clean it.

I could tell mine needed cleaning by the sound changes and reduced speed/spin.

#1781 1 year ago

I cleaned the track ball and trimmed the copper tape but I’m still only getting low 120mph on a hard spin. The YouTube pros seem to get much higher with less effort. Secret? I didn’t use any lubricant, should I just be content? The game is a lot of fun

#1782 1 year ago
Quoted from TZBen:

I cleaned the track ball and trimmed the copper tape but I’m still only getting low 120mph on a hard spin. The YouTube pros seem to get much higher with less effort. Secret? I didn’t use any lubricant, should I just be content? The game is a lot of fun

I can get 120 without much effect. With a lot of effort I can get 135 (my friends can get low 140's).

I know the last time I cleaned it, one rod and set of bb's didn't seem to spin as long/freely when I held it in my hand and spun it.

I have tried a couple of the cleaning tricks mentioned online to no avail. I always think about buying a replacement for that one but haven't yet. Right now I love the difficulty of the game (18hc) and wonder if spinning 155 would change that. I would like to know, though. lol

Also make sure you take some windex to the ball to get any oil off it, letting it dry completely before you put it back.

#1783 1 year ago

I mean, if you've done the cleaning, the important part is how well the ball is spinning. If you can hit it and it's spinning without jumping or rattling on a solid hit, the hardware itself is probably fine. Note that you can buy additional spinner/bearings and rollers, if you think something is wrong with those, for much cheaper than a trackball.

Additionally, it's possible your optical sensors are going bad, but that does seem to be a bit a longshot. These are the red boards that sit on the horizontal and vertical axis on the trackball housing. You can test by going in to the operator menu and game controls and see if they're reading well. I believe the max reading in these tests is higher than the "mph" shown in game. You can swap the boards to see if there is a difference (remove them from the wiring and place in the other housing, and plug back in). These are purchaseable separately but might be roughly equivalent to buying a new ball. Also, make sure the optical sensors have some "wiggle" when seated. You should be able to move them up and down a bit when the casing is fully assembled.

The speed measured in game is a relation to how fast the ball is moving. I don't know how you're hitting the ball, but a lot of folks will hit down on the ball hard when trying for a long drive. The "key" to getting the ball moving faster is hitting over/through it. It's not going to be easy to describe in text here, but your goal is to hit really only the top half or so of the exposed ball and push it forward. It's easier to see than describe, so I'm sure if you ask any of the more popular streamers like Mouth or Skipper to explain it when they're on, they'll be able to show you the difference (Skipper I feel does this in response to stream questions once a stream). From there it's just practice in hitting the ball well (assuming all the mechanical stuff above is working well)

#1784 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

Thanks bros for the replies. I’ll reach out if interested and appreciate the info.
One other questions. Fair market Value on a 2015 pedestal only upgraded to 2020 software?

Bump

#1785 1 year ago

I have a ‘99 GT, and play it quite a bit. I’m curious if anyone knows what year of boards are out there, so I could play other courses w out changes/modifications

#1786 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I have a ‘99 GT, and play it quite a bit. I’m curious if anyone knows what year of boards are out there, so I could play other courses w out changes/modifications

GT 99 is first hardware platform. I used to have one and loved it! I had the ROMS for 98, 99, and 2k. If you don't mind a bit of downtime, you can just acquire the ROMs and when you want to switch years, just pull the ROMchips off the board you have and replace them. I want to say it was 4-6 ROMs for each year. Takes about 10 minutes once you get good at it

#1787 1 year ago

Anyone interested in doing some $1 handicap invites? Shoot me a request and we'll set some up for fun! I'm not great (around a +10), but I love the push to get better!

Username is nicoga3000

#1788 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Anyone interested in doing some $1 handicap invites? Shoot me a request and we'll set some up for fun! I'm not great (around a +10), but I love the push to get better!
Username is nicoga3000

Invite sent. I totally suck at this game, so should be easy pickings for you

#1789 1 year ago

Word on the streer is the new golden tee coming out 1/1 is commercial only for the first 5 years. If so, that would be so disappointing.

Home edition owners pay thousands so it would be strange and shocking to stick them with an inferior version.

Of course, all rumors.

#1790 1 year ago

Honestly, I'd be OK with that as a HE owner. Still going to be a large group of HE players. As long as IT continues to support us!

Also, give us a way to upgrade and I'll be happy. Anything to push the game forward is mostly fine by me!

#1791 1 year ago

Newish owner - question on replays to YouTube.

On casual, 18hole I was prompted for a replay upload with a HIO. Also prompted this for HIO and amazing shots in online mode for 18hole and RTR.

However in casual CTTP, I got a HIO but no replay upload option. Do the replays uploads only work in certain modes?

#1792 1 year ago
Quoted from tgrinchy:

Newish owner - question on replays to YouTube.
On casual, 18hole I was prompted for a replay upload with a HIO. Also prompted this for HIO and amazing shots in online mode for 18hole and RTR.
However in casual CTTP, I got a HIO but no replay upload option. Do the replays uploads only work in certain modes?

Were you playing online both times? You had signed in?

#1793 1 year ago

No replays in casual. If you don't sign in, you don't have the option for replays.

Quoted from tgrinchy:

#1794 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Were you playing online both times? You had signed in?

No - 18 hole was casual; other times online/checked in

Quoted from jalpert:

No replays in casual. If you don't sign in, you don't have the option for replays.

That’s what I though but I swear the option came up on a 18hole HIO in casual as it was the first time I saw it pop up

#1795 1 year ago

I've replaced a handful of the plastic cases, usually because the screws get stripped and the top separates with the bottom when playing. Never seen a case break apart like this though. The only thing holding the back side up was the wires.

20201226_105511 (resized).jpg

#1796 1 year ago

Tick tock.......

20201229_002758 (resized).jpg
#1797 1 year ago

Does playing RTR online affect your handicap?

#1798 1 year ago

Tomorrow is the big day! (Unless they leave home users out completely)

#1799 1 year ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Does playing RTR online affect your handicap?

Answer. Yes.

#1800 1 year ago

Hehe if you have to ask it doesn’t matter. Once you get up in the ladder they start draining on you like Jorden back in the day.

There are 2,293 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 46.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside