17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 74.
#1701 3 years ago

I wish I knew, I’m guessing there will be a lot of learning for me considering I’ve never played the game before! I do have a long history of playing golf video games however.

#1702 3 years ago

I know it at least partly had to do with a banking issue on their end. They switched banks and now I think you can do invites but not events?

I think that’s coming.

Also, don’t quote me on that.

Quoted from Indusguys:

I wish I knew, I’m guessing there will be a lot of learning for me considering I’ve never played the game before! I do have a long history of playing golf video games however.

#1703 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I know it at least partly had to do with a banking issue on their end. They switched banks and now I think you can do invites but not events?
I think that’s coming.
Also, don’t quote me on that.

I saw something about that in the Facebook group. Hopefully they've got it sorted out so the doors open to even more competition!

#1704 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's some decent deals on sound bars today. Just ordered a Klipsch one and a mounting bracket for my GoldenTee setup. May be overkill but I love this damn game lol.

I was truly considering adding a sound bar. Do you need an amplifier or does the bar plug directly into the TV? Was looking at the Bose Solo, but whatever works to enhance the sound/effects.

#1705 3 years ago

This 20 course update to Go is very intriguing. $2000 for 52 courses would be a much better value and probably make me a buyer. Plus the portability would be nice

#1706 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I was truly considering adding a sound bar. Do you need an amplifier or does the bar plug directly into the TV? Was looking at the Bose Solo, but whatever works to enhance the sound/effects.

Most modern sound bars will plug into the TV via HDMI or optical cable connection.

Below is the one I ordered for my GT setup that for the price / performance seemed pretty good.

ebay.com link: Klipsch K1064247 Bar 40 Soundbar with Subwoofer

#1707 3 years ago

Great, I appreciate the insight!

#1708 3 years ago

And she has arrived! Gonna get it online tomorrow.

20201202_220402 (resized).jpg20201202_220402 (resized).jpg

#1709 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

[quoted image]

Congrats! The only peev I had with mine is how they put the clear protective film Under the buttons so the all had to come out to remove the plastic. Minor but umphhh lol. Loving this game play every night with my daughter.

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Congrats! The only peev I had with mine is how they put the clear protective film Under the buttons so the all had to come out to remove the plastic. Minor but umphhh lol. Loving this game play every night with my daughter.

I am trying to just ignore that on mine...I get why they do it, but holy cow is it annoying!

I sent my info in to get online this morning. Hopefully I can get on before the weekend!

#1711 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I am trying to just ignore that on mine...I get why they do it, but holy cow is it annoying!
I sent my info in to get online this morning. Hopefully I can get on before the weekend!

Should be instantaneous? I registered via the app, rebooted my game once and the online was going. Will note that for some reason the Online play is much more difficult then offline game play. In a good way and more realistic.

#1712 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Should be instantaneous? I registered via the app, rebooted my game once and the online was going. Will note that for some reason the Online play is much more difficult then offline game play. In a good way and more realistic.

I sent the paperwork in to Bill at IT. I didn't see a way to do it on the app??

#1713 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Online/live play is even harder that setting #5 in offline play.

Anyone ever notice that there is no real 'course layout' like a real course? Meaning that they can generate a new tee box from almost any angle on the par 3's.

#1714 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I sent the paperwork in to Bill at IT. I didn't see a way to do it on the app??

Or just enter your game online, pay, and it’s done in minutes.

https://store.itsgames.com/products/annual-online-subscription

#1715 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

how they put the clear protective film Under the buttons so the all had to come out to remove the plastic.

At first I did not realize what it was and I thought the surface of my game was going to hell.

#1716 3 years ago

Reminder post about upright cabinet conversion kits. Getting prepared to move out of current home. Looking to sell remaining inventory and mould to produce more bezels. I am including the link to the Ebay listing, but this is a turnkey business, to sell conversion kits for upright cabinets. This is a steal for any operator or GT enthusiasts who want to convert upright cabinets economical. I have 13 "Live" kits and 22 "Fore" kits remaining. The entire deal can either be purchased or I will trade for pinball(s). Link to Ebay listing:
ebay.com link: itm
If to a pinsider, the entire kit and kabootle will go for $8000.00. That is about $230.00 per kit for just current remaining inventory. For pretty much the price of a NIB Premium pinball, this is a turnkey business. I get 5 to 7 sales per year, just sitting, from previous sales. Mould is copywrited and previous website domain is still available. My new home construction company is back to where it needs to be,and that in addition to moving myself, affords this offer.

#1717 3 years ago

I wonder how many more viable upright cabinets there are out there that are candidates for the molded plastic conversion kit.

#1718 3 years ago

Ive always been interested in getting a GT. Do they hold their value or does it lose value if you dont keep it updated?

#1719 3 years ago

There were more than 200000 Fore style upright cabinets produced, and at least 100000 Live style.

#1720 3 years ago

A nice late model machine with software less than a couple years old sells for about $3,200.

$3,000 would be a good price, under $3k is rare.

Quoted from huo:

Ive always been interested in getting a GT. Do they hold their value or does it lose value if you dont keep it updated?

#1721 3 years ago

The best way to justify a new GT cabinet is bar per game + beer cost. 18 holes at the bar is usually $5, a beer is another $5 so $10 total. Play 350 games and your GT is basically free, less if you would typically have more then 1 beer at the bar! After 350 games your GT starts saving you money. That's how I think economics work lol.

#1722 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The best way to justify a new GT cabinet is bar per game + beer cost. 18 holes at the bar is usually $5, a beer is another $5 so $10 total. Play 350 games and your GT is basically free, less if you would typically have more then 1 beer at the bar! After 350 games your GT starts saving you money. That's how I think economics work lol.

Or in these Covid times beer is only .25 cents at home if your into PBR! Great game and like most games its not an investment in profit its an investment in fun. My daughter and I play every night 9pm T-Time and that is priceless value to me.

#1723 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

#1 reason I bought mine.
I've been averaging 500+ rounds/year on my HE since purchase 5 years ago. Getting my moneys worth!

Quoted from Yelobird:

Or in these Covid times beer is only .25 cents at home if your into PBR! Great game and like most games its not an investment in profit its an investment in fun. My daughter and I play every night 9pm T-Time and that is priceless value to me.

Definitely priceless!
Who wins? lol

#1724 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

#1 reason I bought mine.
I've been averaging 500+ rounds/year on my HE since purchase 5 years ago. Getting my moneys worth!

Definitely priceless!
Who wins? lol

We are about even depending on the coarse. WAY off topic but your avatar brings back some great memories watching Dirty Dragon lol. Even seen him live at the Berwyn Theater Many years ago. Fun stuff.

#1725 3 years ago

Seems like I.T will be announcing something big for GT on January 1st of next year. Speculation in the Facebook GT group is all over the place. Hearing anything from a new platform, GT and the PGA Tour teaming up for a game, the current platform being supported for 5 more years but that GT 2021 is the last update for them, to smaller rumors. Who knows.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#1726 3 years ago

I.T also took out a full page ad in the December Replay magazine issue. One rumor I've read several times is that the next generation GT game is affiliated with the PGA Tour. One person said it will have 3 PGA courses, and that it will display in 4k with a monitor sold with the cabinet. Nothing for sure yet.

Screenshot_20201205-165443_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201205-165443_Chrome (resized).jpg

#1727 3 years ago

I really hope there is an upgrade path for current owners.

It shouldn’t be free obviously, but if the old units lose support and there is no path to upgrade, it would really sting.

Especially since they are selling so many right now.

#1728 3 years ago

Could that be when the Go goes online?

#1729 3 years ago

Yes. Probably not though.

Quoted from nicoga3000:

#1730 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Seems like I.T will be announcing something big for GT on January 1st of next year. Speculation in the Facebook GT group is all over the place. Hearing anything from a new platform, GT and the PGA Tour teaming up for a game, the current platform being supported for 5 more years but that GT 2021 is the last update for them, to smaller rumors. Who knows.
[quoted image]

I've been following that too...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GoldenTeeFan

Isnt that mag for coin-op industry?
So could be hardware upgrade? Hope not, but this is eventually going to happen.
Since GT pays little in license fees (Daly+?), would a deal with the PGA grow the game enough to justify the potential fees?
I have no clue..

Quoted from nicoga3000:

I believe they already announced Go is getting a free update and online for 2021.....

Quoted from Yelobird:

We are about even depending on the coarse. WAY off topic but your avatar brings back some great memories watching Dirty Dragon lol. Even seen him live at the Berwyn Theater Many years ago. Fun stuff.

Yes! The Gigglesnort hotel! A few people here have recognized that..lol
So you grew up here in the 70's also?

I followed your basement remodel, looks like it turned out great!

#1731 3 years ago

I don’t think releasing the Go so close to a platform redesign is a good idea. Since Costco had it first that’s where a lot of people bought it.

I can see a lot of returns if that happens.

#1732 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I've been following that too...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GoldenTeeFan
Isnt that mag for coin-op industry?
So could be hardware upgrade? Hope not, but this is eventually going to happen.
Since GT pays little in license fees (Daly+?), would a deal with the PGA grow the game enough to justify the potential fees?
I have no clue..

I believe they already announced Go is getting a free update and online for 2021.....

Yes! The Gigglesnort hotel! A few people here have recognized that..lol
So you grew up here in the 70's also?
I followed your basement remodel, looks like it turned out great!

Yeah Berwyn then Stickney, then Wheaton. Different times in those neighborhoods back then. My kids think I'm nuts when I tell them about shows like the Banana Splits and such. lol

#1733 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don’t think releasing the Go so close to a platform redesign is a good idea. Since Costco had it first that’s where a lot of people bought it.
I can see a lot of returns if that happens.

The current video card used in GT hardware (GTX 1050) is capable of 4K resolution, and it's what was shipped in the Go units. I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to upgrade the Go to output in 4K. That is, as long as the software it's allowed to run includes a 4K content option, which I doubt it will. Plus, the on-board monitor on the Go may only be capable of displaying in 1080p resolution, so if you're mirroring your display, you'll be stuck with 1080p.

My opinion here is that if there actually IS a partnership with the PGA for 2021 and forward, I'm guessing that they will only roll out a few courses at first. 4K content will probably be included with the same software patch that includes the announcement and it will be released after 1/1/2021. As long as you have a GT740 or above, you should be fine. Although the GT640 is capable of 1080p output, I do not believe it supports 4K resolution. But the GT740 and above does. (I'm referring to the approved graphics card list, found below.)

https://amusement.itsgames.com/downloads/manuals/Video%20Card%20Compatibility.pdf

#1734 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

The current video card used in GT hardware (GTX 1050) is capable of 4K resolution, and it's what was shipped in the Go units. I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to upgrade the Go to output in 4K. That is, as long as the software it's allowed to run includes a 4K content option, which I doubt it will. Plus, the on-board monitor on the Go may only be capable of displaying in 1080p resolution, so if you're mirroring your display, you'll be stuck with 1080p.
My opinion here is that if there actually IS a partnership with the PGA for 2021 and forward, I'm guessing that they will only roll out a few courses at first. 4K content will probably be included with the same software patch that includes the announcement and it will be released after 1/1/2021. As long as you have a GT740 or above, you should be fine. Although the GT640 is capable of 1080p output, I do not believe it supports 4K resolution. But the GT740 and above does. (I'm referring to the approved graphics card list, found below.)
https://amusement.itsgames.com/downloads/manuals/Video%20Card%20Compatibility.pdf

Interesting stuff! Thanks. Do you think this will work with existing home edition cabinets, with the correct graphics card requirements, require a new cabinet or a larger hardware upgrade (new CPU, motherboard, HDD, etc)?

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah Berwyn then Stickney, then Wheaton. Different times in those neighborhoods back then. My kids think I'm nuts when I tell them about shows like the Banana Splits and such. lol

Don't forget Ray Rayner & Bozo!

#1736 3 years ago

All I have heard is that the graphics on GT are terrible why would we need 4K?

#1737 3 years ago

Fresh of the truck, super excited!!!

BA246113-6C5A-44CE-8E88-044290C99DCC (resized).jpegBA246113-6C5A-44CE-8E88-044290C99DCC (resized).jpeg
#1738 3 years ago

So. Your theory. A major platform change which most late model machines can run as they have been capable of so much more for a while?

That would be very awesome.

Also, 1080p on the go screen and 4K output to HDTV wouldn’t be a big deal at all.

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

#1739 3 years ago

New platform = updated graphics. Possibly.

Quoted from Indusguys:

All I have heard is that the graphics on GT are terrible why would we need 4K?

#1740 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Fresh of the truck, super excited!!!
[quoted image]

Congrats! GT is a lot of fun, hell I've probably spent more time on my GT then my pins this year. Enjoy!

#1741 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

[quoted image]

Ahh yes, I had the same tankstick. Fun, but it just doesn’t play GT like the real thing Enjoy!

#1742 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Also, 1080p on the go screen and 4K output to HDTV wouldn’t be a big deal at all.

Not the way it's currently coded. In fact, the attached display doesn't even produce an image when connected to the Go until the very last step in the boot process, when the game executable loads. And it's simply using the mirroring effect of two digital displays connected to the video card; one to the DVI port, and one to the HDMI output. Essentially the same signal - think of it as more a "splitter."

Displaying two images of different resolutions would require software support to do so. And I don't think that's currently present in the game as coded.

#1743 3 years ago

Me and the family are having a blast with GT! I can’t believe I didn’t buy this earlier, i’ve already played 20 rounds!

#1744 3 years ago

Several "Live" 2021 pedestal's with 50" monitors available here in Ga. All dedicated online commercial units and in nice physical shape. Have several Big Buck HD 50" monitors also.

#1745 3 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Several "Live" 2021 pedestal's with 50" monitors available here in Ga. All dedicated online commercial units and in nice physical shape. Have several Big Buck HD 50" monitors also.

what features and capabilities are missing on the refurbished commercial pedestals with new software like this? I am on the fence...on a NIB home unit or one of these refurbished commercial units at a discount.

#1746 3 years ago

Other way around. Commercial games have more features available than home units.

The only thing you may be missing on a repurposed commercial rig would be a keypad, and a WiFi dongle. Both can be purchased, and depending on your needs, may not be necessary.

#1747 3 years ago

Wanted to post pics of a Live conversion. These 2 are going to Sevierville Tn. auction on Saturday. They are for sale, but mainly wanted all to see pics of the conversion. Complete game(stand, monitor, the entire unit) can be bought for $3000.00.

Latest Aerosmith 002 (resized).jpgLatest Aerosmith 002 (resized).jpgLatest Aerosmith 003 (resized).jpgLatest Aerosmith 003 (resized).jpgLatest Aerosmith 004 (resized).jpgLatest Aerosmith 004 (resized).jpgLatest Aerosmith 005 (resized).jpgLatest Aerosmith 005 (resized).jpgLatest Aerosmith 006 (resized).jpgLatest Aerosmith 006 (resized).jpgLatest Aerosmith 007 (resized).jpgLatest Aerosmith 007 (resized).jpg
#1748 3 years ago

2021, and the monitors are 42", I believe that is either a Happ stand or a dedicated I.T. stand, not really sure there. Also have Big Buck Hunter HD 50" monitors for $3000.00 also.

#1749 3 years ago

These have the Keypads. Good deal here for the full commercial outfit. Here in Ga. till tomorrow evening, then to Auction on Saturday morning.

#1750 3 years ago

Instead of mounting the computer on the bottom of the cabinet, this operator made a slide shelf to just pull the computer up for any kind of servicing, to eliminate taking off the back bezel to service if computer is mounted on bottom.

There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.