17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 74.
#1651 3 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Hello- Any opinions out there on getting a Golden Tee in the pedestal version and hooking up to a TV already on a wall vs getting an upright cabinet one? 27 inch screen? Thanks

I didn’t like the looks of the pedestal and tv mount so I went with a upright cabinet with 32” screen for a more classic arcade look in my game room.

#1652 3 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Hello- Any opinions out there on getting a Golden Tee in the pedestal version and hooking up to a TV already on a wall vs getting an upright cabinet one? 27 inch screen? Thanks

Those upright cabs were always finger busters for me when they first came out.

A bowling teammate of mine busted the glass on 2 of those when IT first came out with them, alley management told him no more GT for you!

#1653 3 years ago

Well we are ready when you are! 2021 in the house!

Greg
Pinballpro.com

ECBC127E-D8B5-44D3-82C8-67A67D649358 (resized).jpegECBC127E-D8B5-44D3-82C8-67A67D649358 (resized).jpeg
#1654 3 years ago

Woot woot! Update in progress! Can’t wait!

5BB1F918-9C8B-47CE-8066-B02D5B94BDE5 (resized).jpeg5BB1F918-9C8B-47CE-8066-B02D5B94BDE5 (resized).jpeg
#1655 3 years ago

We installed 2021 at a location. The process went pretty well. For anyone interested, the OS is Arch Linux based running the 5.0 kernel. It also uses the legacy Nvidia propriety graphics driver and can run on hardware as old as 10 years behind, with as little as 2GB of system memory. That's very impressive. Arch allows IT to basically build on the kernel and go up from there, adding modules and packages as needed. They have their own sh scripts for updating, checking the filesystem journals, etc. Their distribution is extremely efficient and robust to cater to as many different system configurations as possible, and to maximize user support. The whole effort really is fantastic. Stuff like this is why Linux developers make six figures.

Windows 10 Embedded or any other edition is not flexible enough to achieve something like this. IT may also be running a custom kernel, which is not possible with the closed source NT kernel Microsoft uses.

#1656 3 years ago

Just received our GT this weekend & have a question about casual play. When completing a course in casual play it appears that the actual score is not saved. I shot a -7 on Grand Canyon, when going back to that course the leader board shows my score as a -1. It did save my screen name, but the score is not accurate. Is this normal for casual play?

#1657 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've had a Golden Tee 2020 since February and honestly I've played more games on GT then on my pins lol. GT has been a blast and its been very popular at family and friend gatherings.

April for us, and same results.

Until recently.

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded now gets played 95% of the time, with just a tad of Golden Tee here and there.

I may have already said it here, but I think it would be awesome if the games could be combined, with guns mounted on the side of Golden Tee, because now every time I see any wildlife while playing Golden Tee, I start looking for a gun.

Honestly, I figured I would upgrade my Golden Tee in 2-3 years, now not sure.

At the moment I would buy more content for Big Buck in a heartbeat.

I will say Golden Tee has a lot more callouts, I still hear new ones a lot after about 200 rounds.

For variety in your collection, Golden Tee and BBHR are both awesome ways to go.

#1658 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I shot a -7 on Grand Canyon, when going back to that course the leader board shows my score as a -1. It did save my screen name, but the score is not accurate. Is this normal for casual play?

When we play a 2nd round at a course, it shows our name and our scores from the last game for each hole.

If at the very end of the game it still shows you have a -1 for best score and you know you had a -7 that is not normal at all.

If you think the game is acting up make a score card, keep up with every hole on a course, then play that course a 2nd time in a row to just make sure it is keeping scores correctly.

So far this game has never had any scoring issues that I have noticed.

#1659 3 years ago

I am here for one reason. Contemplating a Golden Tee instead of a new pinball with playfield issues.

#1660 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I am here for one reason. Contemplating a Golden Tee instead of a new pinball with playfield issues.

It's nice not having to deal with those headaches with a GT. The stats tracking and ability to update the game year after year with new content (far more then a pin) is also a big plus.

#1661 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's nice not having to deal with those headaches with a GT. The stats tracking and ability to update the game year after year with new content (far more then a pin) is also a big plus.

I am weighing all the pros vs cons. Pros are definitely outweighing the Cons vs a nib pinball.

#1662 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Well we are ready when you are! 2021 in the house!
Greg
Pinballpro.com
[quoted image]

Nice chatting with you this morning. Thanks. Maybe ordering this weekend.

#1663 3 years ago

Twice chatting with you this morning. Thanks. Maybe ordering this weekend.

Sounds great happy to help!

Greg
Pinballpro.com

1 week later
#1664 3 years ago

Just ordered! Can’t wait to have GT at home!!!

#1665 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Man I just can’t make up my mind. Hmmmm

#1666 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Welcome to the club!

Man I just can’t make up my mind. Hmmmm

Do it!

#1667 3 years ago

Thanks to Chris at KingPinGames I joined the Golden Tee 2021 club today! Way awesome change from just pinball. With the online play this should add some much needed winter fun! Loving it and a Great dealer!!!!

IMG_6060 (resized).jpgIMG_6060 (resized).jpg
#1668 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yes. Pay pay pay.
I think it's one of the reasons folks sell their GT's IMO
Pretty sure the update (overnight shipping) is like $450 yr + online $100 yr + $0.50 per invite + digital content
I'd say GT is a $700 yr liability?
You can spend a ton more on invites & digital content if you wanted tho.
But... its still cheaper than pinball

From an old post above. I’m finding that I can’t upgrade my 2018 w/o the $100 online fee? I’m not interested in online so why would it be required?

#1669 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

From an old post above. I’m finding that I can’t upgrade my 2018 w/o the $100 online fee? I’m not interested in online so why would it be required?

Seems odd, but I wouldn't put it past them. You can do a 9.99/month online thing instead. So, just think of it as $10 more than the upgrade cost.

#1670 3 years ago

It is odd. My dealer asked me to get with their main tech guy but no response still. Been trying for weeks now to get the update. Never seen a company not interested in getting money in like them.

#1671 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I think I have a 2019 upgrade kit and a 2020 upgrade kit, that could get you closer, not sure how that would effect your upgrades

#1672 3 years ago

I am tempted to get 2021 update-just so I do not have to stare at the year 2020 on my marquee. I want to forget 2020-put up the Christmas tree and call it good already

On a serious note-not sure I want to update every year or not? Any feedback on new courses? Jamaica Bay was one of my favorites and made the 2020 worth it.

#1673 3 years ago

My take:

Baja -- Straightforward, not a ton going on. It's "fine"
Temple -- One of the better gimmick courses in recent memory. I like it, your mileage may vary based on your feelings of GT gimmick courses.
Forest -- Fun, but very difficult. No crazy gimmicks, just well designed holes with interesting layouts.
Coco -- Tropical over/under/through trees shots course. Not bad, not my fave.
Monte -- Most polarizing course of them all. Every hole has like a 100+ft elevation change in it. I think it's super dumb, but a lot of people seem to like it.

#1674 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

IT will sell you an upgrade to go from 2018 to 2021. It will cost you $500. Contact Josh Pick at [email protected]. Give him 24 hours to respond. If he doesn't, email him again.

You shouldn't need to have an online subscription to update your game.

#1675 3 years ago

Must say Loving this new game and Very happy to finally add a game to the collection my daughter enjoys playing with dad. Will however say this game is not as easy as it looks in the youtube videos lol. They make it look way easier! Good times

#1676 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Must say Loving this new game and Very happy to finally add a game to the collection my daughter enjoys playing with dad. Will however say this game is not as easy as it looks in the youtube videos lol. They make it look way easier! Good times

Definitely fun and challenging to get better. Full strength swings, no problem. Anything less than 100%, tough to dial in xD

#1677 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Glad you are enjoying your new GT! I was surprised how challenging the game can be which is something I was worried about (I thought it would be too easy). It's great to see different difficulty options in the game for non online play and how online play is set at the most difficult setting.

Heads up, you can link your player profile to a YouTube account. When you hit some crazy shots (eagle hole outs, double eagles, hole in ones) the game will ask if you want a clip of the shot uploaded to YouTube. It's a nice way to go back and look at some of your top shots.

#1678 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Glad you are enjoying your new GT! I was surprised how challenging the game can be which is something I was worried about (I thought it would be too easy). It's great to see different difficulty options in the game for non online play and how online play is set at the most difficult setting.
Heads up, you can link your player profile to a YouTube account. When you hit some crazy shots (eagle hole outs, double eagles, hole in ones) the game will ask if you want a clip of the shot uploaded to YouTube. It's a nice way to go back and look at some of your top shots.

Awesome feedback thanks. Unless GT YouTube is gathering a Blooper reel I may not be published for some time lol.

#1679 3 years ago

Pulled the trigger on a 2021 HE from Brian Roske tonight. REALLY excited for it to arrive!

#1680 3 years ago

I managed to get an older 99 GT a few months ago..finally hit my 1st ace! Still a blast to play w a buddy..

1D39A0C4-A269-438E-B6DA-B2279A215A3B (resized).jpeg1D39A0C4-A269-438E-B6DA-B2279A215A3B (resized).jpeg
#1681 3 years ago

I am close to getting the Goldenteetogo. It seems like the same as the home version but less space. Does anyone know yet if the connectivity to upgrade is working through the port yet? Its there but no operative apparently?

#1682 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I am close to getting the Goldenteetogo. It seems like the same as the home version but less space. Does anyone know yet if the connectivity to upgrade is working through the port yet? Its there but no operative apparently?

Just so you are aware it is not the same, it is still fun, just 30 OFFLINE courses are available. So less than half and no online function. Here are some additional details https://pinballpro.net/shop/golden-tee-go-portable-golf-arcade-game/

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#1683 3 years ago

Golden Tee Go is 32 courses based on 2019 Offline. They did announce that the Go is going online in 2021 and getting 20 courses, but not many details after that.

There are some people out there upgrading the Go to the full 2021 and going online, but that's going add about $1,500 to the cost and you need to know what you are doing.

Quoted from Viggin900:

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 8.11.29 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-27 at 8.11.29 AM (resized).png

#1684 3 years ago

The Go is essentially a full-featured machine, less the WiFi adapter. If you swap in a 2021 hard drive and security chip, you're playing 2021. If you swap in your 2021 CID and put a card reader on it, you've essentially re-created your Home Edition.

Since the current Golden Tee Go only hosts courses from 2013-2018, I suspect the additional courses that will be unlocked with the online update will be from the beginning of the Live series to 2013. That's about 30 more courses. Plus, the online functionality means you'll be able to sign in with your caddy app player and play glory invites with other Go owners.

#1685 3 years ago

I heard that the Go could possibly add newer courses, but always be at least 1 year behind.

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I suspect the additional courses that will be unlocked with the online update will be from the beginning of the Live series to 2013

Are glory invites still going to be $.50 and is the online going to be a yearly fee?

Plus, the online functionality means you'll be able to sign in with your caddy app player and play glory invites with other Go owners.

#1686 3 years ago

I'm guessing the online will be a yearly fee much like the other types of cabinets.

I was one of the people that was asserting that they would keep stepping forward 1 year each year. But I've been told there will be no RTR in the update, which is part of 2019. That's what leads me to believe they're not adding 2019 in this update. Unless they have some way of disabling the RTR feature.

#1687 3 years ago

What are the benefits/pitfalls/shortcomings between a Golden Tee live 2021 Home Edition system and an older commercial pedestal that is running the 2021 software?

#1688 3 years ago

Both types of games run the same hardware. Commercial games have a coin vault, that's really the only major difference. Obviously the age of the machine will lead to differences in the computer components found inside, if the owners haven't done upgrades.

If you're looking at potentially purchasing a commercial pedestal and converting to Home Edition, go for it. Aside from the cost of upgrading the software, the rest of the components in the computer are mostly off-the-shelf stuff that's easily swapped out and doesn't cost too much. The most expensive part of current systems is the GTX1050 graphics card. The rest is peanuts.

#1689 3 years ago

IT announced on one of their latest live streams that the Golden Tee Go will be getting a free 20 course update along with the option for online play starting in early 2021. That makes the price point a lot more compelling for people thinking about purchasing one. I have a GO as well as the home edition and I’m really glad they are adding more content. The Go’s current 32 courses feels very underwhelming considering what I paid for it at launch.

#1690 3 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

The Go’s current 32 courses feels very underwhelming considering what I paid for it at launch.

The hardware inside is worth $2K. Heck the damn CID is worth nearly that much.

#1691 3 years ago

The hardware inside is worth $2K. Heck the damn CID is worth nearly that much.

Yet without course updates or extra modes like realtime rivals or online play the product as a whole feels underwhelming in its current state. Once these are added it will be a great buy imo.
Just the fact that IT is giving 20 free courses seems to acknowledge what most of us GO owners feel.

#1692 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Golden Tee Go is 32 courses based on 2019 Offline. They did announce that the Go is going online in 2021 and getting 20 courses, but not many details after that.
There are some people out there upgrading the Go to the full 2021 and going online, but that's going add about $1,500 to the cost and you need to know what you are doing.

[quoted image]

I don’t think they are selling many of these.

#1693 3 years ago

I didn't think that, but there are 10 reviews on Costco's website. While costco was the first place to start selling, there are other places now to buy. The fact that there are 10 reviews means they probably sold what? 60-100? What percentage of people actually stop to write a review?

I won't guess how many people have bought it, but based on that alone it's more than I thought.

I don’t think they are selling many of these.

The problem is, the CID is worthless. IT won't activate it for legit play because it's from a go, and if you want a hack job there are pretty cheap available parts available.

Heck the damn CID is worth nearly that much.

#1694 3 years ago

There's some decent deals on sound bars today. Just ordered a Klipsch one and a mounting bracket for my GoldenTee setup. May be overkill but I love this damn game lol.

#1695 3 years ago

Just got a push notification that the Golden Tee Go is $100 off today on the Golden Tee Store for Black Friday.

https://store.itsgames.com/products/golden-tee-go?taxon_id=1

discount code is: blackfriday

#1696 3 years ago

The CID inside isn't completely worthless - it will run any version of Golden Tee. Offline, of course.

For some folks, that's enough.

#1697 3 years ago

I just got confirmation of shipping!

2FE6B0D7-9916-44A5-9312-953C46687DA7 (resized).jpeg2FE6B0D7-9916-44A5-9312-953C46687DA7 (resized).jpeg
#1698 3 years ago

I'm getting the Golden tee to go. I have the 94 clubhouse edition with 3 courses and love it. I also don't have any room left but have a theatre screen which would be perfect. I don't see how 32 courses would get old? I also like playing games without having to pay annual fees? I don't care about playing others online but can I play 2 player against the machine?

#1699 3 years ago

You can have 4 players local.

I had an offline golden tee for about 5 years before I went legit. Nothing wrong with it at all.

For $1k more you can get a used pedestal, but I really like my go as well.

I’m not against the go per say, just understand exactly what you are (aren’t) getting.

Quoted from Viggin900:

I'm getting the Golden tee to go. I have the 94 clubhouse edition with 3 courses and love it. I also don't have any room left but have a theatre screen which would be perfect. I don't see how 32 courses would get old? I also like playing games without having to pay annual fees? I don't care about playing others online but can I play 2 player against the machine?

#1700 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I just got confirmation of shipping!
[quoted image]

What's the story with Canadian's being able to compete in HE invite and events? Wasn't there some big revelation recently where you all could finally add money to your wallet or something??

There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/34?hl=briks-707 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.