17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 74.
#1601 3 years ago

If anyone is upgrading to 2021 and didn’t pay for next day shipping, I’m expecting the have the files Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I can throw them on a Dropbox.

Not my source, but a very nice Facebook person.

#1602 3 years ago

Already done

#1603 3 years ago

You have the files?

#1604 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If anyone is upgrading to 2021 and didn’t pay for next day shipping, I’m expecting the have the files Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I can throw them on a Dropbox.
Not my source, but a very nice Facebook person.

How does that work? Don’t we need the chip?

#1605 3 years ago

No new chips for upgrade. Everyone just gets sent a usb drive, everyone the same. During the update the game contacts IT and if you’re paid up they authorize the update on their end and you are upgraded.

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

How does that work? Don’t we need the chip?

#1606 3 years ago

Can anyone pm me a link to the files? I’d appreciate it.

#1607 3 years ago

Wait, the update files are already live? Confused face...

#1608 3 years ago

I didn't think so, but smalltownguy2 says he already updated so maybe some people have them?

Quoted from MutterFudder:

Wait, the update files are already live? Confused face...

#1609 3 years ago

I'm the sucker that sprung for overnight, but I'll know better next year

#1610 3 years ago

Yes I have the update files. No, you can't have them until Monday. They're useless until all paid upgrades are activated on I.T.'s servers, myself included.

#1611 3 years ago

Okay. I'll put them out there unless you see that you did first.

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Yes I have the update files. No, you can't have them until Monday. They're useless until all paid upgrades are activated on I.T.'s servers, myself included.

#1612 3 years ago

How did you place the order? Is there a link from their website?

#1613 3 years ago

https://store.itsgames.com/cabinet_update

Quoted from JimB:

How did you place the order? Is there a link from their website?

#1614 3 years ago

Alright guys. For those of you upgrading your home editions to 2021 I have the files going up to the Dropbox right now.

This will not work until tomorrow (Monday) when IT authorizes the update for people who paid. If you didn’t pay, this will not work.

Otherwise, download, format a 32GB+ USB drive FAT32 and extract the archive to the USB drive.

Plug in USB and boot.

PM me for the Dropbox link.

#1615 3 years ago

Is the 2021 update going to 'reset' all of the course records on the HE?

#1616 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

It shouldn't. Or at least, it never did on older versions.

#1617 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Yes it will, same as last year.

#1618 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Yes resets those scores every year unfortunately.

#1619 3 years ago

Getting cabinet not online when I try their link on my 2018. Tested the connection all passed, played game, waited. Still not working. Waiting to hear back from them.

#1620 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Thanks.

That is just really stupid and seems completely unnecessary.

#1621 3 years ago

How do you guys like the 2021 courses so far? I have a 2020 cabinet and have been debating if I want to upgrade this year or every other year due to the upgrade fees.

#1622 3 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

GT Complete is my #1 most played game on my MAME setup. Makes me want one of these fancy rigs y'all keep showing off, but I'm afraid I just don't have the room.

Just curios what do you have powering your mame setup. I heard even on top end pc's the emulation still struggles abit. How does it play, any audio lag?

#1623 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks.
That is just really stupid and seems completely unnecessary.

Every year a lot of the HE owners complain that IT can't make a fix for this......
I imagine that it would be a lot of work on IT's end for something most home owners dont care about.
It doesnt really matter to me, until I shoot that elusive -30 ! Lol

Got my 2021 update when I stopped home at lunch.....
Guess its good to live 25 min from IT HQ- I only paid for ground shipping!

#1624 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

How do you guys like the 2021 courses so far? I have a 2020 cabinet and have been debating if I want to upgrade this year or every other year due to the upgrade fees.

So far to me, they have been challenging.....i've played a bunch in the local bar these past 4 weeks.... Lots of height changes between tees/fairways and greens. Drivable part 5 on Monte, Hidden Temple has a lot of obstacles to shoot over, best so far is a -22 on Baja. I can see not wanting to spend $400+ every year, but I look at it as saving me $5/game + $3/beer at the bar vs $0 on my HE. 50 games and its paid for. Bar has no indooor seating now due to 'Rona, so ill be banging them out at home for the foreseeable future....

#1625 3 years ago

I played like 10 rounds on my HE last year. So that's like $40 a round. Yeesh....

#1626 3 years ago

I played like 10 rounds on my HE last year. So that's like $40 a round. Yeesh....

Ouch!

Just like real golf!

#1627 3 years ago
Quoted from Stal8080:

Just curios what do you have powering your mame setup. I heard even on top end pc's the emulation still struggles abit. How does it play, any audio lag?

Complete in a mame setup needs a core i5 or i7 to not run to choppy. I have a core i5 in mine and it sometimes will loose frame rates. It’s still very playable tho.

#1628 3 years ago

Just got delivered....

20201027_160632 (resized).jpg20201027_160632 (resized).jpg
#1629 3 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Complete in a mame setup needs a core i5 or i7 to not run to choppy. I have a core i5 in mine and it sometimes will loose frame rates. It’s still very playable tho.

Good news about the i5 as that is what I’m running with a gtx 1050 . Going try and see if it will run tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

#1630 3 years ago
Quoted from Stal8080:

Good news about the i5 as that is what I’m running with a gtx 1050 . Going try and see if it will run tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

Mame runs off cpu power for the most part. You could put a 3090 in and it would not make a difference.

#1631 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Quoted from nascarrey:

I was disappointed about that also. And one reason I plan to wait around 3 years to upgrade again.

As far as pinball machines, I have only updated 2 ever:
GB pro all the scores went away, but OKT held the scores...I was impressed that it did!

And I know wrong thread, but does anyone know if you upgrade a Big Buck Hunter arcade game does that reset the scores?

As far as the Golden Tee scores, we just go to the next course in order that we had not played recently, and I like to see if I am doing better or worse than the last go around maybe 2 months ago.

That is the good think about Golden Tee, so many courses! Some you recognize and remember, and some you don't even remember, but there is your initials, showing you have already played it before.

And we just don't care for the Freaky courses. I wish they would concentrate on more new courses, and better graphics, (and a adult setting would be awesome also!) "Jim, did you just see that stupid $hit player one just tried to pull?" That could
make the game a whole lot funnier than it already does.

I am very impressed though with how much callout variety this game has, they did a awesome job!

I am on 2020 HE offline, 100% happy with it, not looking to update any time soon.

#1632 3 years ago

Yeah, aside from 5 new courses, they kinda phoned it in this year. Same logo, same attract mode, same music. Just changed the color from green to red.

I haven't played Real Time Rivals yet, but I'm told there's some small changes there.

#1633 3 years ago

Yeah, aside from 5 new courses, they kinda phoned it in this year. Same logo, same attract mode, same music. Just changed the color from green to red.
I haven't played Real Time Rivals yet, but I'm told there's some small changes there.

The RTR ladder has more matches this year. Daly comments on your game after 9 & 18. Kinda wish each of the 'Rivals' has their own voice to trash talk during the match.

#1634 3 years ago

I am not disappointed in the upgrade but I went from 2018 to 2021...waiting 3 years and only paying $499 for the upgrade is the way to go...least for me. I maybe play 200 rounds a year...at best. It gets a lot more plays when friends and family are over.

#1635 3 years ago

I just ordered today. Going from 2018-20. Hope it ships today. I am 30mins from there office.

#1636 3 years ago
Quoted from Stal8080:

Believe it or not, I play on a Dell Optiplex 7010 with a i7-3770 that I picked up on eBay for a whopping $95 shipped. Even without a graphics card, it runs remarkably well. About 1 in every 70 shots I'll have to take a mulligan due to some slowness, and it's always smooth the second time around.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I play with the sound all the way off in the game settings. I actually didn't have speakers hooked up. I tried turning the volume up and it did stutter a lot more.

Edit 2: I found this guide for MAMEUI and the game seems to be running great with these changes. There is a little audio doubling but the performance is great:

2. Install Mame somewhere

3. Put the bios (iteagle.zip) in the roms subfolder of Mame

4. Create a folder in the roms subfolder called gtfore06, and put the chd file in there

(\roms\gtfore06)

5. Right-click the game Golden Tee Fore! 2006 Complete in Mame's game list, select audit.

Right click it again and pick properties. Under controllers, enable mouse support. Under

sound, select Direct Sound, set the sampling rate to 11025, and the audio latency slider

to 5/5 (far right)

6. Start the game, hit tab, select dip switches, and change the resolution to low.

note: the suggested sound and video settings will vary by hardware, these settings should be

optimal for speed.

#1637 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I just ordered today. Going from 2018-20. Hope it ships today. I am 30mins from there office.

I paid for ground shipping on the update and got it next day....living close to IT HQ has 1 advantage! lol

I 'll bet you get it tomorrow........

#1638 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I paid for ground shipping on the update and got it next day....living close to IT HQ has 1 advantage! lol
I 'll bet you get it tomorrow........

Cool. Looks like we are neighbors

#1639 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Cool. Looks like we are neighbors

Howdy neighbor!

If you were just doing a 1 yr update, I could have given you my thumb drive as once IT authorizes an update on a HE, all you need is the data.... Guessing your thumb drive will have a lot more data on it than the one I got! lol

#1640 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Howdy neighbor!
If you were just doing a 1 yr update, I could have given you my thumb drive as once IT authorizes an update on a HE, all you need is the data.... Guessing your thumb drive will have a lot more data on it than the one I got! lol

Nope, same data. The thumb drive just processes a wipe and re-load.

#1641 3 years ago

Nope, same data. The thumb drive just processes a wipe and re-load.

Ah, good to know....

#1642 3 years ago

Updated to 21 yesterday send some glory invites if ya want.

#1643 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

So far to me, they have been challenging.....i've played a bunch in the local bar these past 4 weeks.... Lots of height changes between tees/fairways and greens. Drivable part 5 on Monte, Hidden Temple has a lot of obstacles to shoot over, best so far is a -22 on Baja. I can see not wanting to spend $400+ every year, but I look at it as saving me $5/game + $3/beer at the bar vs $0 on my HE. 50 games and its paid for. Bar has no indooor seating now due to 'Rona, so ill be banging them out at home for the foreseeable future....

Thanks for your feedback on the 2021 courses! Lol that's a good point about the beer savings.

I've had a Golden Tee 2020 since February and honestly I've played more games on GT then on my pins lol. GT has been a blast and its been very popular at family and friend gatherings.

#1644 3 years ago

Yeehaw, 2021 installed no problem. Did I need it? No, but I still couldn’t resist The new courses look nice.

#1645 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I am not disappointed in the upgrade but I went from 2018 to 2021...waiting 3 years and only paying $499 for the upgrade is the way to go...least for me. I maybe play 200 rounds a year...at best. It gets a lot more plays when friends and family are over.

That sounds like a good approach. I'm likely going to upgrade every other year. I'll still pay the $100 yearly online fee as the profile / stat tracking is a really nice feature to have, as are playing online contests to see how you are doing against other players.

I think I read on here or somewhere else that all of your course stats on the machine reset after an upgrade? Does that mean the stats in your profile (handicap for example) reset as well? If so that's a bummer.

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That sounds like a good approach. I'm likely going to upgrade every other year. I'll still pay the $100 yearly online fee as the profile / stat tracking is a really nice feature to have, as are playing online contests to see how you are doing against other players.
I think I read on here or somewhere else that all of your course stats on the machine reset after an upgrade? Does that mean the stats in your profile (handicap for example) reset as well? If so that's a bummer.

Your player stats are not cleared.

#1647 3 years ago

Your player stats are not cleared.

Correct

Records on machine reset- your personal records/stats do not. All tracked in the app.

#1648 3 years ago

Hello- Any opinions out there on getting a Golden Tee in the pedestal version and hooking up to a TV already on a wall vs getting an upright cabinet one? 27 inch screen? Thanks

#1649 3 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Hello- Any opinions out there on getting a Golden Tee in the pedestal version and hooking up to a TV already on a wall vs getting an upright cabinet one? 27 inch screen? Thanks

Yes. My opinion is that those 27" upright cabinets look like ass.

#1650 3 years ago

This was a sweet hole. Not as hard as it looks because you can shoot down into it pretty much, but still cool

4C95AD3B-539A-4A0A-9686-9C8C20F268BE (resized).jpeg4C95AD3B-539A-4A0A-9686-9C8C20F268BE (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/33?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.