New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 184624)

Golden Tee Club

By PW79

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,628 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 minutes ago by kidchrisso
  • Topic is favorited by 53 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 204 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201027_160632 (resized).jpg
gtgo (resized).jpg
GT2020 (resized).png
nighthawk (resized).jpg
complete (resized).jpg
incredible-technologies-golden-tee_1_5f98a8bab3ee144d647b059cc58bffb5 (resized).jpg
GT2006 (resized).png
118749819_10220759040498919_558020309606432396_o (resized).jpg
118763631_10220759041258938_958900552854380290_o (resized).jpg
118739960_10220759040738925_1649632038564650127_o (resized).jpg
118721018_10220759041418942_8475033074935827243_o (resized).jpg
118689474_10220759041178936_2223997894735892512_o (resized).jpg
118649448_10220759040378916_4852266217591597396_o (resized).jpg
118647237_10220759041138935_6347525847890522762_o (resized).jpg
118601648_10220759041058933_4105847880882811902_o (resized).jpg
2C40BCD2-22AE-4DBF-8E7F-64FE77E5ED0D.jpeg

There are 1628 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 33.
#1551 35 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I didn’t mean to steal your thunder! Just checked a bunch of boxes when I set up an invite.
I’ll defer to you next week.

No worries, I created a group with all the names in here and sent out a second glory contest. Seems like a few folks have asked about a small money contest as well. I'll send our group of 6 a 4 player invite for a $1 (first four to accept get in, in case some folks don't want to).

Group is open, anyone can send invites within the group. Let's see how it goes!

#1552 35 days ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

We have NIB Golden Tee pedestals in stock with free 2021 upgrades if you are in the market
Greg
Pinballpro.com

I've had one bookmarked for two years, but have yet to be able to bring myself to pay retail cost. I'll shoot you a PM on pricing, though.

#1553 35 days ago

Hi guys, new to this thread but figured I could get some help.

I have a great lead on a 2004 Golden Tee (fore!) extra, tournament condition that looks a little beat up. Assuming it works, what is a fair value?

TIA

Dave

#1554 35 days ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Hi guys, new to this thread but figured I could get some help.
I have a great lead on a 2004 Golden Tee (fore!) extra, tournament condition that looks a little beat up. Assuming it works, what is a fair value?
TIA
Dave

$400 assuming everything works

#1555 33 days ago

Awww yeah got the invite, now everyone can see just how bad my golf scores are hahaha

#1556 33 days ago
Quoted from pinden007:

You can also adjust the offline difficulty. I think the settings are 1-5 - with 5 being the hardest- and might default to 2.

When I first set up the game, I seen it was on 2.

(we had already been playing 18 courses for 4 months on a multicade, so I changed it to a 3).

The 3 setting lasted one round, my girlfriend hated it, said this is too hard.

We have just been playing offline on a 2 with whatever clubs and balls that are default, and we still love it!

(someday I want to turn it on 5, and try different clubs, but I do not want to tick my girlfriend off, and I am 100% happy with everything anyway for now).

For variety and value, Golden Tee is the best non-pinball game there is!

80+ courses, some you recognize when you go there again, and some you swear somehow we skipped that course somehow, until you see your previous score there.

(I have never played a virtual pin, but I would think these 2 things would compare?)

And one thing I have forgot to mention possibly, the call outs are freaking awesome and so funny!

My girlfriend is always shooting a bird at the game.

I am like "honey, you know this is just a game right"?

Call outs like:

Well Jim, the ball made it to the green, but it is a $20 cab ride to the pin.

Peter, the ball made it to the dancefloor, but you can not hear the band from there.

Jim and Peter are AWESOME!

And it was so funny the other day, we were watching football and Jim Nance was a announcer, and my girlfriend still hated him, (while I loved him).

#1557 33 days ago

Quick question if anyone knows... my Golden Tee Fore 2005 cabinet does not have leg levelers. I tried to insert the typical ones I'd use for pinball or my other arcade games and they did not appear to fit. Does anyone know the size levelers I should be ordering for this cabinet off hand? I have about 16 or so games and have never encountered one that my standard levelers did not work on but then again this cabinet is a beast!

#1558 33 days ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Quick question if anyone knows... my Golden Tee Fore 2005 cabinet does not have leg levelers. I tried to insert the typical ones I'd use for pinball or my other arcade games and they did not appear to fit. Does anyone know the size levelers I should be ordering for this cabinet off hand? I have about 16 or so games and have never encountered one that my standard levelers did not work on but then again this cabinet is a beast!

Heavy Duty is the term you're looking for. Used on games like TMNT, Simpsons, etc. I'll see if I can find a link.

#1559 30 days ago

Been reading this thread for a bit. I like the idea of buying the latest golden tee, but also want the ability to play powerputt. Is the hard drive / chip all I need? Anyone done this?

#1560 30 days ago

Hard drive, security chip and CID. With the right video card, yes. Easy to get a card to do powerputt and GT in HD. You could be converted in less than 5 minutes.

I recommend a spare I/o board. It’s a lot safer to swap I-o boards than security chips, those break.

Quoted from jandrea95:

Is the hard drive / chip all I need? Anyone done this?

#1561 29 days ago

Still looking to buy a working CID #14. I have been able to get everything else I need for my cabinet. PM me please if anybody has one to sell.

#1562 29 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Hard drive, security chip and CID. With the right video card, yes. Easy to get a card to do powerputt and GT in HD. You could be converted in less than 5 minutes.
I recommend a spare I/o board. It’s a lot safer to swap I-o boards than security chips, those break.

There are other options, if you know where to look.

#1563 29 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

There are other options, if you know where to look.

Don't suppose you could point someone in a vague direction?
I'd love to add a second nighthawk game (SSB/Powerputt/Bags) to my cabinet if not insanely expensive -- i'd imagine some kind of switcher must be available rather than stacking multiple nighthawks in the cabinet.

#1564 29 days ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Don't suppose you could point someone in a vague direction?
I'd love to add a second nighthawk game (SSB/Powerputt/Bags) to my cabinet if not insanely expensive -- i'd imagine some kind of switcher must be available rather than stacking multiple nighthawks in the cabinet.

Something like that. Feel free to PM to discuss options, there are LOTS of variables to consider.

#1565 29 days ago

Hey guys! Anybody have any boards for 2005 Fore Complete for sale?

#1566 29 days ago

Congrats pinden007 on edging out jalpert on the first dollar invite -- tie score with GTP as the tiebreaker!

New invite sent out.

2 weeks later
#1567 11 days ago

Anyone ever see/play GT in one of these cabs? Big Electronic Games?

This one is up for auction in Va. Current bid $11

GT2006 (resized).png
#1568 11 days ago

Who wants a GT 2020 Pedestal? I'm practically giving this away due to upcoming move.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#1569 11 days ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Who wants a GT 2020 Pedestal? I'm practically giving this away due to upcoming move.

Darn- if I was closer- i'd be on the way cash in hand! Great price!

2 GT HE's are always better than one!

GLWS!

Hope you don't mind- I posted to the FB GT Home Edition owners group.

#1570 10 days ago

Wouldn’t be worth it if they were paying you $11.

Quoted from nascarrey:

This one is up for auction in Va. Current bid $11

#1571 10 days ago

But is it imamculate?

#1572 10 days ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

But is it imamculate?

Totally

incredible-technologies-golden-tee_1_5f98a8bab3ee144d647b059cc58bffb5 (resized).jpg

#1573 8 days ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

This one is up for auction in Va. Current bid $11[quoted image]

Wow. It is almost as if people sat around the board room at IT and said "You know, the only way to make our 300 lb games better is if we can find a way to pointlessly add 50-75 more lbs to the game. No new features just more weight. Let's make the control panel that much bigger so the slanted angle is emphasized in a way that doesn't make it more comfortable." Then, that cabinet was born and many backs were broken.

#1574 8 days ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Wow. It is almost as if people sat around the board room at IT and said "You know, the only way to make our 300 lb games better is if we can find a way to pointlessly add 50-75 more lbs to the game. No new features just more weight. Let's make the control panel that much bigger so the slanted angle is emphasized in a way that doesn't make it more comfortable." Then, that cabinet was born and many backs were broken.

The story Im hearing on that cab- it it was a 3rd party-kinda like a 1-up deal.......

Broken backs and other things. Back when GT was thrown into old arcade stand up cabs (prolly around early 2000's) saw a guy at the bar break his finger while trying to hit the track ball.....he was so proud he hung his x-ray on the machines marquis! Clean break! lol

#1575 8 days ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

This one is up for auction in Va. Current bid $11[quoted image]

That's the pile of crap home edition. You don't want one. Maybe if they pay you to take it.

#1576 8 days ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

The story Im hearing on that cab- it it was a 3rd party-kinda like a 1-up deal.......
Broken backs and other things. Back when GT was thrown into old arcade stand up cabs (prolly around early 2000's) saw a guy at the bar break his finger while trying to hit the track ball.....he was so proud he hung his x-ray on the machines marquis! Clean break! lol

Ahhhh so maybe it isn't as heavy as I'm assuming it is? If it is made out of the same material as the commercial cabs it looks bigger to me and so I assumed heavier. Either way I don't want to move it.

I guess there must have been a few GT playing injuries along the way given all the in game warnings about checking the trackball for missing screws etc.

#1577 8 days ago

That's the pile of crap home edition. You don't want one. Maybe if they pay you to take it.

I agree 100%- the only old version of GT i'd buy in an old cab (not one of the monster dual monitor cabs) is a GT Complete.........

Sell your HE yet?

#1578 7 days ago

Anyone know the best person to contact for pricing on a new HE? The name I see on the Facebook groups is Brian Roske, but wasn't sure if there was anyone else worth chatting with.

#1579 7 days ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

The name I see on the Facebook groups is Brian Roske, but wasn't sure if there was anyone else worth chatting with.

Thats the name that I always see mentioned...great prices and service!

Good luck!

#1580 7 days ago
Quoted from eharan:

Thats the name that I always see mentioned...great prices and service!
Good luck!

Perfect. I'll reach out to him!

#1581 7 days ago

Brian is the best game in town for a new HE. Don't go anywhere else.

#1582 7 days ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I agree 100%- the only old version of GT i'd buy in an old cab (not one of the monster dual monitor cabs) is a GT Complete.........
Sell your HE yet?

Not yet. Everyone around here must be broke. Thanks, Gruesome Newsome.

#1583 7 days ago

I think sales have stalled out as people are waiting for 2021 to be released. No sense buying a (used) game if you know you're going to have to pay $400 to bring it up to new code soon.

#1584 7 days ago

Hey guys. I am able to get a 2004 fore. it is in good shape. what am I able to get it updated to? what is it worth?

#1585 7 days ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Hey guys. I am able to get a 2004 fore. it is in good shape. what am I able to get it updated to? what is it worth?

Pass. Not worth the trouble.

#1586 7 days ago

not even for $100?

#1587 7 days ago

I wouldn't take a Golden Tee Fore 2004 if you paid me $300 to take it. The boards are notoriously unreliable now that they're more than 15 years old, the monitors are usually roached out and look terrible, and the cabinet is usually in pretty rough shape. And the Fore platform is not upgradable past Complete, which was released in 2006. It's just not a rewarding Golden Tee experience.

So yeah, pass.

#1588 7 days ago

dang. this one is cherry. serriously looks like it has been huo.

#1589 6 days ago
Quoted from Bax1:

dang. this one is cherry. serriously looks like it has been huo.

So long as you don't mind being stuck on an older version. It may still have some life in it.

#1590 6 days ago

What usually goes bad on them? Hard drive?

#1591 6 days ago
Quoted from Bax1:

What usually goes bad on them? Hard drive?

Drives yes, the green/red board (main boards) can get a little flakey and act up. The CRT monitors are probably also a bit finicky, and they're very difficult to source replacements these days. That said, if the game has a good working order CRT, that might be worth something right there to someone.

As said, they can only go up to complete, which was still my favorite iteration of GT. It's a big step back from the current game though (no clubs, tees, roll/bite/release options, etc) but the game itself is still fun IMO. I'd pay a few hundred and not more if you really wanted it, but that might just be me and nostalgia

#1592 6 days ago

is upgrading the board hard? are they a different kind of monitor? I have worked on monitors before and they don't seem to bad.

#1593 6 days ago

If you're talking about going from Golden Tee Complete to newer versions of Golden Tee Live and forward, don't bother.

The GT Fore series (which included Golden Tee Complete as its final offering) ran on a dedicated motherboard that "kind of" looked like a computer motherboard, but also kind of looked like an arcade circuitboard too.

complete (resized).jpg

The board set connected directly to controls using a JAMMA interface, and generally used a raster CRT monitor for display.

The Golden Tee Live series (the current generation of GT hardware) is completely PC based, and uses a computer inside the game, called a Nighthawk. The computer talks to the controls by way of an I/O board. Some older I/O boards did have JAMMA connectors and were able to be used with Fore wiring harnesses, but conversion is kind of a pain and the monitor doesn't look very good on curent GT products.

nighthawk (resized).jpg

Try to stick with a Nighthawk based system if you can.

#1594 6 days ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

is a GT Complete.........

GT Complete is my #1 most played game on my MAME setup. Makes me want one of these fancy rigs y'all keep showing off, but I'm afraid I just don't have the room.

#1595 6 days ago

Yes I am curious on how to update 2004 to complete. has anyone done it?

#1596 6 days ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Yes I am curious on how to update 2004 to complete. has anyone done it?

No longer possible, as the servers required to "update" a system to Complete and activate it are no longer operational. The only Completes out there now are the ones that have already been created. One more reason to stay away from the Fore platform.

#1597 6 days ago

I know it's super backwards, but I wish there were a way to boot Complete on the Live/Home cabinets. There's some great courses in there that just never got carried forward.

#1598 6 days ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Anyone know the best person to contact for pricing on a new HE? The name I see on the Facebook groups is Brian Roske, but wasn't sure if there was anyone else worth chatting with.

Brian is highly recommended. He's always available if there are any issues!

#1599 6 days ago
Quoted from Bax1:

not even for $100?

If you have room and its working 100%, go for it!

Then you can see if you are interested in getting a newer version once you're hooked!

#1600 5 days ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I have Golden Tee in stock and the new 2021 Coming Nov 5th, also have "go"

https://pinballpro.net/shop/golden-tee-2020-home-arcade/

https://pinballpro.net/shop/golden-tee-go-portable-golf-arcade-game/

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

GT2020 (resized).pnggtgo (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 3.00
Electronics
Docent Electronics
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 32.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 2.50
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 115.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 126.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Playfield - Protection
COINTAKER.COM
There are 1628 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 33.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside