Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 74.
#1501 3 years ago

It’s pretty fun if all your friends are cats.

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Pretty sure you are correct. I have never tried the real time rivals.

#1502 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Hey! It's free clubs, tees, and balls. And Mr. Whiskers likes the American Flag suit I won.

#1503 3 years ago

Also the tv has to be able to use the HDMI cable. I think a 70" would work fine though.

Only if you must have 1080p resolution. You can use the VGA port on a TV if it has one and drive 720p with no issues.

#1504 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I will give it a try the next time my girlfriend is out of town.

We always play at least one round of Golden Tee a night when she is here.

#1505 3 years ago

I actually like real time rivals, I was being a smart ass.

Dumb question of the day, do you earn clothing, balls and tees in every mode? Online and offline? Do some modes earn items faster, do all modes earn all items or do some modes earn only clothing for example but not tees or balls?

I will give it a try the next time my girlfriend is out of town.
We always play at least one round of Golden Tee a night when she is here.

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I actually like real time rivals, I was being a smart ass.
Dumb question of the day, do you earn clothing, balls and tees in every mode? Online and offline? Do some modes earn items faster, do all modes earn all items or do some modes earn only clothing for example but not tees or balls?

Off top of my head, you only earn when you check in via card/pin pad, so online games only (both contest and regular 18). Events don't directly impact your stats or earning of items.

You get 1 cosmetic item (clothing, etc):
* Every 5 games
* Every 10 Eagles
* Every 30 Birdies (I think it's 30, but I may be wrong)
* Every Hole in One
* Every Double Eagle

Tees are earned for placing "out of the money" in commercial contests.

Balls, Tees, Clubs and unique cosmetics are earned through Real Time Rivals ladder.

There are also unique cosmetics and putters you can buy through the app and then equip in the game. I don't believe those are earnable in any way outside of direct purchase.

#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

do you earn clothing, balls and tees in every mode? Online and offline?

We have no plans of ever putting the game online.

Sometimes my girlfriend goofs off and changes her clothes, other than that we have never changed anything, clubs, balls, etc.

We just always play Casual, 18 holes.

#1508 3 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Off top of my head, you only earn when you check in via card/pin pad, so online games only (both contest and regular 18). Events don't directly impact your stats or earning of items.
You get 1 cosmetic item (clothing, etc):
* Every 5 games
* Every 10 Eagles
* Every 30 Birdies (I think it's 30, but I may be wrong)
* Every Hole in One
* Every Double Eagle
Tees are earned for placing "out of the money" in commercial contests.
Balls, Tees, Clubs and unique cosmetics are earned through Real Time Rivals ladder.
There are also unique cosmetics and putters you can buy through the app and then equip in the game. I don't believe those are earnable in any way outside of direct purchase.

Very succinct and informative answer. Well done!

#1509 3 years ago

I am moving in early November, so the turnkey cabinet conversion stock has to go. This is all the remaining inventory of bezels, cabinet templates, and any hardware that I may still have. PM me if interested, as I will do a screaming deal for the entire shooting match(mould included). Here is the link to the Ebay ad. disregard price, just use as reference, to what this is. I will also forward any future purchase inquiries (I sell 6 to 10 a year without doing any advertising whatsoever). I would say I have at least 20 of each bezel(GT Fore style and GT Live style) maybe more, and at least as many of both cabinet templates.

#1510 3 years ago

ebay.com link: itm

PM me if you are interested in the whole deal. Actually the website domain name for the original selling site is still available also.

#1511 3 years ago

Pretty sure you are correct. I have never tried the real time rivals.

If you play john daly, you can learn a lot of the shots.

#1512 3 years ago

If anyone wants to add me as a friend or shoot me an invite, you are guaranteed to win.

Same as pinside, jalpert.

#1513 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If anyone wants to add me as a friend or shoot me an invite, you are guaranteed to win.
Same as pinside, jalpert.

Sent ya one from Pope Hipster . It’s a long story...

#1514 3 years ago

LOL. Got it.

I wonder if there would be any interest in a bracket style tournament?

Sent ya one from Pope Hipster . It’s a long story...

#1515 3 years ago

We just finished 2 rounds of offline play, and the first course I beat my old record by 4 strokes, and the 2nd course I tied my previous best.

In the meantime my girlfriend did better also, but not by much.

I love the Peter Jacobsen callouts, it ticks my girlfriend off so much she is all the time cussing and giving the middle finger to the game.

My girlfriend did not have a good night with the games, and while I hate it for her it was also so funny.

When playing Big Buck Hunter she started calling the female animals nasty words for walking in front of the males while she was shooting.

And same as Golden Tee, when Big Buck would say something like "maybe you should take up fishing", she was giving a finger to the game.

(not the confessional), but I confess I kept my cool the whole time, and just said dam they are giving you a hard time tonight.

And I am glad she had things to do and not here now.

The next time she is here maybe I will mess up a tad and let her win...NO, I have never let anyone win, beat me you beat me fair and square.

AND she does beat me about 20% of the time on Golden Tee, and 35% of the time on a pinball.

And she knows that and she has better celebrations knowing how hard I always try to win.

Anyway, bang for the buck, Golden Tee is a win-win.

All other games I know of you have a playfield and a certain area to work with.

With Golden Tee you can hit the ball in any direction you want, even if just goofing off and trying something new.

It is amazing how just goofing off you can actually hit the ball over something you thought no way in hell will this work, but I am going to try to anyway.

And when my girlfriend thinks outside the box and plays like that, that is when she wins.

#1516 3 years ago

With Golden Tee you can hit the ball in any direction you want, even if just goofing off and trying something new.
It is amazing how just goofing off you can actually hit the ball over something you thought no way in hell will this work, but I am going to try to anyway.

I do wish, and I suggested this, that when you are aimed to a location that is out of bounds, your yellow pointer turns red.

I've tried some 'unique' shots in money games only to find out my great shot is out of bounds.

#1517 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

LOL. Got it.
I wonder if there would be any interest in a bracket style tournament?

That'd be fun! I have a few other groups of friends that do a weekly invite with all of us in the same map. Might be fun to do a weekly handicap Pinside group invite!

#1518 3 years ago

That'd be fun! I have a few other groups of friends that do a weekly invite with all of us in the same map. Might be fun to do a weekly handicap Pinside group invite!

I tired that in the past but it never took off. Perhaps now with more interest it might.

#1519 3 years ago

Weekly invites is a good starting point, and maybe we can grow it from that?

Quoted from pinden007:

I tired that in the past but it never took off. Perhaps now with more interest it might.

#1520 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Weekly invites is a good starting point, and maybe we can grow it from that?

Friend request sent can do some invites tonight

#1521 3 years ago

Okay, so I'll set up a Pinside Golden Tee invites group, and I'll send out our first invite this Sunday to get folks a chance to see this post and sign up.

We'll do handicaps on and no prizes this time around, so people can see if they want to join or not. Afterwards, we'll let the group determine if they want to play for glory or prizes. I don't really care either way.

If you're interested, please send a GT friend invite to "POPE HIPSTER V" in the GT Caddy app, or DM me your GT name here and I'll add you. Let's see if this gets traction.

Also if anyone wants to play some low stakes cash invites (say, sub $5), you can send them to me at the name above. I don't like to play too rich

#1522 3 years ago

Added. Send some over!

Quoted from Gumby510:

Friend request sent can do some invites tonight

I’ll send one over!

Also if anyone wants to play some low stakes cash invites (say, sub $5), you can send them to me at the name above. I don't like to play too rich

#1523 3 years ago

I just came onto this thread to complain that I have to move one of these Golden Tee Fore 2005 cabinets into my basement (about 6 bulkhead stairs). I do have an escalara but I'm working to get the monitor and drawer out first. They do not leave much room to pull that monitor out around the bezel area do they? WOW!

Love the game but why does it have to be the heaviest arcade cabinet I've ever moved?

Any tips for monitor removal greatly appreciated!

#1524 3 years ago

Okay, so I'll set up a Pinside Golden Tee invites group, and I'll send out our first invite this Sunday to get folks a chance to see this post and sign up.
We'll do handicaps on and no prizes this time around, so people can see if they want to join or not. Afterwards, we'll let the group determine if they want to play for glory or prizes. I don't really care either way.
If you're interested, please send a GT friend invite to "POPE HIPSTER V" in the GT Caddy app, or DM me your GT name here and I'll add you. Let's see if this gets traction.

Request send, 5$ i sucka way to much to dump that kinda money haha

#1525 3 years ago

Okay, so I'll set up a Pinside Golden Tee invites group

I have no interest with online play.

BUT, I really hope the results can be posted here, I would love to see how everyone did!

#1526 3 years ago

Ok dude is 23 handi fuck that.

#1527 3 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I just came onto this thread to complain that I have to move one of these Golden Tee Fore 2005 cabinets into my basement (about 6 bulkhead stairs). I do have an escalara but I'm working to get the monitor and drawer out first. They do not leave much room to pull that monitor out around the bezel area do they? WOW!
Love the game but why does it have to be the heaviest arcade cabinet I've ever moved?
Any tips for monitor removal greatly appreciated!

You are precisely the candidate I developed the kit for. If you are removing the monitor, you might as well just cut the cabinet down to a pedestal.
PM if you want one cheaper, or the entire turnkey business.

#1528 3 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Yeah no worries! That’s why I wanted to do handi and go glory or cheap. If I’m being outsized in the weekly tourneys I’ll gladly bow out and let someone else run ‘em. Just figured it’d be fun for us all that have em to use the online for something!

#1531 3 years ago

Yeah no worries! That’s why I wanted to do handi and go glory or cheap. If I’m being outsized in the weekly tourneys I’ll gladly bow out and let someone else run ‘em. Just figured it’d be fun for us all that have em to use the online for something!

No worries you can run them and I’ll play just saying I’m not dropping 5$ to eat a dick haha

#1532 3 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Handicaps even everything out.

Just make them $2 per person to add a little more fun to it.

#1533 3 years ago

GT Caddy invite sent. I'm a 24 HC.
In for whatever you would like to set up.
The invites enable you to play the Freaky Friday setups that they offer in the bar/online.

#1534 3 years ago

Are you guys getting 140+ on the ball? I can only get 135 if I try really hard. I think that’s keeping my hc down a little- that and the alcohol.

#1535 3 years ago

135 here. One time once I got 141....

Quoted from pinden007:

Are you guys getting 140+ on the ball? I can only get 135 if I try really hard. I think that’s keeping my hc down a little- that and the alcohol

#1536 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Are you guys getting 140+ on the ball? I can only get 135 if I try really hard. I think that’s keeping my hc down a little- that and the alcohol.

If I try to hit it as hard as I can, I can get it to 143-145.

#1537 3 years ago

If I try to hit it as hard as I can, I can get it to 143-145.

I guess I am old and weak. 113 is the most I have ever noticed.

#1538 3 years ago

I guess I am old and weak. 113 is the most I have ever noticed.

My shots are usually mid 120’s unless I need a little extra.

I think the 30+ hc’s are getting mid 150s

#1539 3 years ago

Was way to wasted to play that invite. Haha shot a 6 over on agave uggg. I don’t remember even playing it. Send more I’ll get to them this week.

#1540 3 years ago

Congrats pinden007 on this week's invite win! I didn't send out a contest since Jalpert beat me to it, so rather than duplicate effort, we'll just use jalpert's invite instead.

#1541 3 years ago

Congrats pinden007 on this week's invite win! I didn't send out a contest since Jalpert beat me to it, so rather than duplicate effort, we'll just use jalpert's invite instead.

Make them for a couple of bucks. It helps me maintain my focus.

#1542 3 years ago

Heads up folks, I will have two pedestals available for sale soon. Both running 2020. Somewhere in the $2500 range each.

#1543 3 years ago

I didn’t mean to steal your thunder! Just checked a bunch of boxes when I set up an invite.

I’ll defer to you next week.

I’ll also take invites, all handicap though as I blow at golden tee.

I didn't send out a contest since Jalpert beat me to it, so rather than duplicate effort, we'll just use jalpert's invite instead.

#1544 3 years ago

Also, the full results of the first kinda official pinside invitational:

1.) pinden007 E 3,777 GTP

2.) jalpert E 2,846 GTP

3.) mudderfudder +1

4.) chipchipperson (don’t know pinside name) +6

#1545 3 years ago

While ago when I hit as hard as I could I seen a 110mph one time, and a 105.

Maybe it is because I am offline, and never play anything but what the game is set on?

(if I did get cute and try whatever clubs and balls are available in offline play it would just tick my girlfriend off more, she is already not happy I win 75% of the time, with more than half the time I come from behind late in the game).

This game is awesome!

Even when having a crappy round and missing putts that should be easy it is still fun to look for shortcuts, try a trick shot(I make about 60% of the trick shots), and cool when I can get great shot points.

Playing offline, and on the 3rd go around of these 80+ courses, I enjoy trying for great shot points more than anything.

Last night I did awesome and beat all the course records from the last 2 times at Yosemite.

Tonight I did not do well at all in Canada, and while I did beat my girlfriend with a -10 to her -7, and she was not happy, I pointed out that last time I had a -14, and you had a -1, so I went backwards by 4 shots, and you improved by 6 shots.

All I know is we suck, but we love this game, we play at least one round every night.

This game has plenty of last ability.

And totally off topic, but so far Big Buck Hunter is awesome also.

Variety is sweet!

#1546 3 years ago

While ago when I hit as hard as I could I seen a 110mph one time, and a 105.
Maybe it is because I am offline, and never play anything but what the game is set on?
(if I did get cute and try whatever clubs and balls are available in offline play it would just tick my girlfriend off more, she is already not happy I win 75% of the time, with more than half the time I come from behind late in the game).
This game is awesome!
Even when having a crappy round and missing putts that should be easy it is still fun to look for shortcuts, try a trick shot(I make about 60% of the trick shots), and cool when I can get great shot points.
Playing offline, and on the 3rd go around of these 80+ courses, I enjoy trying for great shot points more than anything.
Last night I did awesome and beat all the course records from the last 2 times at Yosemite.
Tonight I did not do well at all in Canada, and while I did beat my girlfriend with a -10 to her -7, and she was not happy, I pointed out that last time I had a -14, and you had a -1, so I went backwards by 4 shots, and you improved by 6 shots.
All I know is we suck, but we love this game, we play at least one round every night.
This game has plenty of last ability.
And totally off topic, but so far Big Buck Hunter is awesome also.
Variety is sweet!

Maybe you could try cleaning your trackball. You should be able to get higher than 110 with ease. That makes a huge difference over the course of the round.

Another fun aspect if you are playing offline and you seem to be competitive with your gf is that you guys should be free to pick your own clubs and balls. Sounds like you are using the default each time you fire a game up. Be your own caddy and try different clubs/balls. The gripper/grabber balls are really good - let her try those a bet she beats you.

You can also adjust the offline difficulty. I think the settings are 1-5 - with 5 being the hardest- and might default to 2.

Online is really fun. Just think you and your gf could be playing an invite with other people so you 2 could 'work together' instead of 'against' each other.

#1547 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Also, the full results of the first kinda official pinside invitational:
1.) DTG007 (don’t know pinside name)E 3,777 GTP
2.) jalpert E 2,846 GTP
3.) mudderfudder +1
4.) chipchipperson (don’t know pinside name) +6

1.) DTG007 (don’t know pinside name)E 3,777 GTP

That's me.

#1548 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Heads up folks, I will have two pedestals available for sale soon. Both running 2020. Somewhere in the $2500 range each.

I'd be interested in one if you're shipping. Shot you a PM.

#1549 3 years ago

Nice. Fixed.

#1550 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I saw that. Only 30 courses and no online though

We have NIB Golden Tee pedestals in stock with free 2021 upgrades if you are in the market

Greg
Pinballpro.com

There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/31?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.