hub (resized).jpg
634DEC5E-F564-4FC8-92FB-0A31FBCE0017 (resized).jpeg
DBF5CE05-8434-4AF1-A8EF-75CCB753FC28 (resized).jpeg
CC706BC3-1EEB-420B-83AD-BD02BD358BFC (resized).jpeg
GEDC6793 (resized).JPG
GEDC6781 (resized).JPG
GEDC6780 (resized).JPG
FAB2A3BC-0A2D-4D61-996A-1C1C72FFF699 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 45.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I think you're right.
My basement is a black hole of flat paint & dark carpet. Shit even the ceiling & doors are black.
I could install a track light to shine down on the grass but my fat arse would just sweat.
Man, a grass wall with a Golden Tee would be so damn cool tho. You should do it!

Just GT area with Grass? Heck I am doing every wall in my house with it!

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from JosephT:

Love that Vice City picture!

Yes, that is dope!

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Got a Golden Tee?
Is it online?
Myself & Pinsider "Sfish" are looking for some more players to join in.
We can play for cash prizes or glory.
I'm a terrible player BTW

I guess i'm the terrible player-you guys made me look silly in the 2 invites we played....lol
Guess its because i've been banging on the newer courses for over a year now.
What year are your machines update to (for reference on future invites)?

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I guess i'm the terrible player-you guys made me look silly in the 2 invites we played....lol
Guess its because i've been banging on the newer courses for over a year now.
What year are your machines update to (for reference on future invites)?

Man I shot 26 over on a match yesterday so I feel your pain. I'm hot one game & so cold the next I consider closing my GT account & selling the game lol

I'm running 2017 & plan on updating yearly as long as my game works. (My 3rd Nighthawk in 30 days is sitting next to me)

GT Live is fantastic. Dare I say it's superior to pinball?

Screenshot_20170419-224120 (resized).png

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Man I shot 26 over on a match yesterday so I feel your pain. I'm hot one game & so cold the next I consider closing my GT account & selling the game lol
I'm running 2017 & plan on updating yearly as long as my game works. (My 3rd Nighthawk in 30 days is sitting next to me)
GT Live is fantastic. Dare I say it's superior to pinball?

Wow- 3 nighthawks in 30 days? ouch.......
RC is the hardest of the old courses IMO......I don't enjoy playing that course-super tough.....lol
Ironically, playing these older courses lowered my HC, played a game at the bar with my friend yesterday and got 1st in an online tourney-nice $10 win....lol
I've been playing GT since it first came into the bars......but ive been playing pinball way longer.....

#56 4 years ago

I just picked up my second golden tee fore 2005. I am gonna upgrade this one to complete and keep it. I would love the newer home version, another member on here im friends with got one so I got a player card for it. Its pretty amazing. I love the game to death, but im horrible at the harder courses.

#57 4 years ago

My problem is I'm brand new to GT. I just started playing 30 days ago in fact.

I'm now to the point of trying specialty shots but of course not always applying them correctly as I'm still learning.

This means my HC is really working against me. I keep playing better than the day before but I'm losing more games because my specialty shots are very inconsistent.

Seems like I always win the glory games which change my HC then I lose the cash games after my new HC is applied lol.

Luckily I only put in $1 to $2.50 a game & really have no interest in profits. I just enjoy having some skin in the game & actually seeing how my opponents fare. Even when they win I'm thinking "Cool that was a good round for you, way to go brother". I am happier when they lose tho lol

#58 4 years ago

By specialty, do you mean 'cut' and 'slice & hook' shots? Those take a long time to master.......speed and angle......
Im at almost 2000 games played (1200 on my HE) and im still learning......
Also- have you bought any 'in game' equipment? $2 club sets or a $5 BAB, and $.50 for 12 golf balls.......
Im using Barrage balls, another fav is the Grabber....
I have done BAB clubs for the 2016 courses, for 2017 im using these club sets until I BAB...
Juniper, Ruby & Sandy- Surge
Teal-Flares
Pine-Vultures
You HAVE to buy them in game to be able to use them on your HE.

#59 4 years ago

Yes I seem to choose the wrong cut/slice/hook shots 75% of the time

I'm @ 171 matches so far so there's a long road in front of me but I look FW to it

#60 4 years ago

Damn you guys, I gotta stop clicking on this thread or it's going to cost me 4 grand and quality time with my kids...lol

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Damn you guys, I gotta stop clicking on this thread or it's going to cost me 4 grand and quality time with my kids...lol

Haha I feel the same way! I'm getting too close to breaking down and pulling the trigger on one

#62 4 years ago

Yeah I'm dying for a newer game now. I been watching some videos trying to get better, some of these guys online are nuts. Hitting -30 on some courses

I hit a hole in one on 2005 fore the other day, I have owned the game in the past for years and never was able to do it, did it on day 2 with this one..

#63 4 years ago

The Golden Tee 2017 home edition cabinets look pretty darn cool. Looks like all 60 courses are in 1080p as well. The only downside is that the yearly updates are $500...I wonder if updates for the home edition are cheaper? If I bought one I would probably just update every 3-5 years.

#64 4 years ago

When you buy GT17 today there are 60 courses. Every year you can add another 5 new courses & increase that 60 to 65, 70, 75, 80 & so on.

Updates are not required however. Its not like the game is less complete than when you first bought it. It just just gets better & deeper every time you add new courses to it.

Much like pinball every round is different since "the golfball is wild" Also the more you play the higher the replay value due to your skill increasing which changes what you shoot for.

#65 4 years ago

It pays to hold off getting your updates though. Looks like 2013-2016 to 2017 is $500 so if you can hold out a few years you can get 20 courses in your update rather than 5. You won't be able to play the new courses for a couple of years, but you will save some money. I have a 2016 so I will wait.

Also future buyers should know that if you buy a 2017 in the back half of the year GT will give you a free update to 2018. I think this starts in Sept, but could be wrong.

#66 4 years ago

Wife is out of town on business, so I am flying solo with the kids. Played pins last night, all 5 I own, so tonight is GT night! Need to get online. On the list.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The Golden Tee 2017 home edition cabinets look pretty darn cool. Looks like all 60 courses are in 1080p as well. The only downside is that the yearly updates are $500...I wonder if updates for the home edition are cheaper? If I bought one I would probably just update every 3-5 years.

The yearly updates are $499 (ish). IT ran a special for HE owners last fall-play all 55 courses once and get $55 off the 2017 update. IT also handed out prizes to the top players (combined scores under par on all courses-only your best score on each course). Granted you had to be updated to 2016 to get the discount.
Current update pricing per Livewire.
Home Edition Software Pricing
2015 to 2016 (5 Courses)
$449 + Freight and Tax
2014 to 2016 (10 courses)
$549 + Freight and Tax
2013 to 2016 (15 courses)
$599 + Freight and Tax
2012 or Older to 2016 (20+)
$699 + Freight and Tax
+ $100/year online fee

Quoted from thestreetzking:

Yeah I'm dying for a newer game now. I been watching some videos trying to get better, some of these guys online are nuts. Hitting -30 on some courses
I hit a hole in one on 2005 fore the other day, I have owned the game in the past for years and never was able to do it, did it on day 2 with this one..

Nice on the HIO! There are many players who make a living playing GT for $. They have a tour in different cities across the country. I've been to the one in Chicago the past 2 years-everyone I met there was happy to spin a game and help me improve my game. Great bunch of guys that love to party. Its customary for the winner of the tourney to but a round of shots for the bar.....
GT Fan page on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GoldenTeeFan/

GT Home Owners page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/254697198048158/

Lots of good info/links/you tube vids of great shots in those groups if youre on FB.

#68 4 years ago

So if I have a Golden Tee Live 2014 that has never (to my knowledge) been online, if I upgraded it would become a 2017 Home Edition with the $100 annual fee if I want to play against other people? Since my cabinet is the old Fore style, I'd have to buy a card reader too?

#69 4 years ago

Playing some unofficial Golden Tee from 2001 on my new Hyperspin cabinet. Amazing graphics, lol. Would like to have one of the newer live cabinets one day. 20170428_073341 (resized).jpg

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

So if I have a Golden Tee Live 2014 that has never (to my knowledge) been online, if I upgraded it would become a 2017 Home Edition with the $100 annual fee if I want to play against other people? Since my cabinet is the old Fore style, I'd have to buy a card reader too?

I would call incredible Technogies and ask. They are super helpful on their old cabs because they make money on online use and upgrades. Call them Monday.

#71 4 years ago

Played 36 tonight solo while I watched the Celts game tonight. I had mine a year already and bought new for around $3500 delivered or less for a used one and would recommend GT to anyone. I could buy GT or add another pin like Ripleys or a RS and I say bang for your buck and/or getting four of the right friends to play for a couple of hours together GT wins every time.

Good way to diversify your Gameroom portfolio.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Playing some unofficial Golden Tee from 2001

I fire that game up on my MAME arcade from time to time too. I refer to it not as "Golden Tee" but rather "Olden Tee"

My pinball machines are collecting dust due to GT17

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

You might need a nighthawk upgrade also......if you are on FB post in the Home Owners group-there are a lot of knowledgeable people that will point you in the right direction. And everyone at IT is super helpful also! Instead of buying the card reader- get the key pad! I know that they are $100 and you wont have to keep re-ordering your player card when the magnetic strip goes out.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Playing some unofficial Golden Tee from 2001 on my new Hyperspin cabinet. Amazing graphics, lol. Would like to have one of the newer live cabinets one day.

Love the old GT! I've been looking for a GT Complete around Chicago and would love to put it next to its younger brother. Started playing the game when it first appeared in the bar. The old versions were fun-if I was having a bad round- it was time to break the windows on the clubhouse!

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Played 36 tonight solo while I watched the Celts game tonight. I had mine a year already and bought new for around $3500 delivered or less for a used one and would recommend GT to anyone. I could buy GT or add another pin like Ripleys or a RS and I say bang for your buck and/or getting four of the right friends to play for a couple of hours together GT wins every time.
Good way to diversify your Gameroom portfolio.

I notice you didn't watch the Bulls game- 'cuz they didn't show up the last 4 games of that series! LOL

#74 4 years ago

I might be leaving the GT club unfortunately

Bought my game brand new from Game Room Guys about 6 weeks ago I think.

1st PC had a faulty GPU. IT sent a refurb PC that had static issues. 3rd PC now throws GPU error messages, reboots & none of my ethernet LEDs work.

What a pity, its so fun to play GT but its been a rough ride so far.

20170503_234825 (resized).jpg

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I might be leaving the GT club unfortunately
Bought my game brand new from Game Room Guys about 6 weeks ago I think.
1st PC had a faulty GPU. IT sent a refurb PC that had static issues. 3rd PC now throws GPU error messages, reboots & none of my ethernet LEDs work.
What a pity, its so fun to play GT but its been a rough ride so far.

That stinks. So you are saying you may just sell it or give it back?

Are you going direct through IT to solve the problem? They sent you a refurb PC for your 6 week old brand new game? Can't they just get a new one, open and test it and then send it to you?

#76 4 years ago

Are you going direct through IT to solve the problem? They sent you a refurb PC for your 6 week old brand new game? Can't they just get a new one, open and test it and then send it to you?

Yes, to all of that.

#77 4 years ago

Usually they are great for support because they make money on updates. The more games out there running the more likely owners on location and at home will update at some point.

Ok what are they doing next to solve the problem?

#78 4 years ago

Do you have to be on the latest update to play online? Anything to look for in particular on a home edition?

#79 4 years ago

Who are you dealing with at IT?

Quoted from huo:Do you have to be on the latest update to play online? Anything to look for in particular on a home edition?

No- don't have to be updated to a 2017 to play online....

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Who are you dealing with at IT

Some guy answered all my questions before I bought mine. He went over the pros and cons of getting a 2012 also.

#81 4 years ago

Anyone have the link to the Facebook group that knows everything about GT? I heard of them but am not sure what group they are.

#82 4 years ago

The best bang for the buck right now in my option is the Golden Tee Home Live, Because you can put it online if you so choose. Does not play on the same network as the bar games, but does play against other home players.

#83 4 years ago

what are they doing next to solve the problem?

More of the same...

They're going to send me a 4th PC but this time include an IO board & then test both before shipping.

It's not that I don't want a PC & IO. I'm grateful for it actually. It's just that at this point I want a full replacement arcade. I don't want a refund & I'm not asking for compensation. I just want my GT to work.

IT says the 2 PC's I returned tested fine but I have YouTube videos showing otherwise. So maybe my cabinet or it's devices are bad or wired incorrectly. Maybe a harness was assembled wrong or etc & a ground is in the wrong pin location?

You know what's funny? IT is not sending a cabinet but they sure like telling me the PC's I sent back are fine lol.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

The best bang for the buck right now in my option is the Golden Tee Home Live, Because you can put it online if you so choose. Does not play on the same network as the bar games, but does play against other home players.

Agreed

GT is great. I love it. 60 courses, stat tracking & friendly competition.

I love my pinball but GT is the 3rd best purchase in my game room. The 10' screen & 20' couch take 1st & 2nd place. The reason those 3 reign supreme over pinball is because all visitors & most of all my wife/daughter really enjoy it. Plus I too use those 3 items the most.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Do you need any special equipment? Or is it just 100/year? Theres a lot of different versions available and some seem like home made.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Do you need any special equipment? Or is it just 100/year? Theres a lot of different versions available and some seem like home made.

Yes you need a golden tee Live EG 2007 or newer running 2017 Golden tee Live Home software. its $9.95 a Month or I think $100 a year.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

More of the same...
They're going to send me a 4th PC but this time include an IO board & then test both before shipping.
It's not that I don't want a PC & IO. I'm grateful for it actually. It's just that at this point I want a full replacement arcade. I don't want a refund & I'm not asking for compensation. I just want my GT to work.
IT says the 2 PC's I returned tested fine but I have YouTube videos showing otherwise. So maybe my cabinet or it's devices are bad or wired incorrectly. Maybe a harness was assembled wrong or etc & a ground is in the wrong pin location?
You know what's funny? IT is not sending a cabinet but they sure like telling me the PC's I sent back are fine lol.
Whatever, I'm fine trying one more time with the PC and also swapping the IO. That's cool. Hopefully it works because I really like the game.
If it doesn't work then I will lose some money up front to unload it (as is full disclosure of course) but save $600 a year for the rest of my life

I have alot of experience working on golden tee's on my route. Whats it doing?

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I have alot of experience working on golden tee's on my route. Whats it doing?

1st PC constantly dropped audio

2nd PC had terrible intermittent static & was prone to locking up

3rd PC is just a pile of shit lol. 55-65 second latency tests, ethernet LED's never lit & it likes to reboot & fail to load the GPU or its drivers?

Ive tried...

Different cables (HDMI, AC, Ethernet)
Different inputs
Different TV's
Different power strips
Different outlets
Playing with sox on & off (static)
Playing with AC on & off (interference)
Playing online & offline

After this IO/PC swap there is nothing left to try but a populated cabinet trade IMO.

Im also bummed the warranty is only 90 days considering it's never worked 100% this whole time.

20170503_234827 (resized).jpg

20170503_233246 (resized).jpg

#89 4 years ago

That's weird. Golden Tee is just a computer and your TV. So if the computer is testing fine when they get it returned, then it would seem like the only thing that could be causing issues is the display. I can't imagine how the cabinet would cause static or choppy game play, resets, etc.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

That's weird. Golden Tee is just a computer and your TV. So if the computer is testing fine when they get it returned, then it would seem like the only thing that could be causing issues is the display. I can't imagine how the cabinet would cause static or choppy game play, resets, etc.

I've tried 3 TV's & my Denon theater receiver

So it's not the TV. For the love of god it's not the TV!!!! Lol

When I say "cabinet" I mean the wiring harnesses, trackball, card reader, transformer, etc. There's a lot of opportunity there for shorts, broken grounds or mis-wiring even though it's a simple cabinet.

FYI if even the trackball lacks grounding then something as simple as static electricity can cause issues. Also I wonder if the IO circuitry had a manufacturing defect. I've seen circuit boards leave the factory all sorts of wrong in my line of work.

#91 4 years ago

I don't think a wonky trackball or faulty card reader would trigger sound issues or game resets/lockups. That's power, hard drive, or connector-related, most likely.

#92 4 years ago

Too much typing

#95 4 years ago

Wow, so most issues I've seen on gtg have been io board and security cabinet I'd board related, but not one of those sounds like that. Maybe a bad usb cable between one of the two boards bit I would think that would throw lost io error or lost cab I'd board error.

Are they swapping computer, io and cabinet is board when they swap?

Yes static is a huge issue industry wide, are you using a grounded outlet? Do you see any of the earth ground wires not hooked up?

All the errors and lag make me think a bug in software that the game is trying to over come but the issue would be more wide spread then that. I would ask them to take a full set of board, cab I'd board and computer from a known working game from the testing line and send to you. And send you two new usb cables at same time.

JJ

#96 4 years ago

Anyone have the link to the Facebook group that knows everything about GT? I heard of them but am not sure what group they are.

See post # 67 in this thread.

Quoted from huo:Do you have to be on the latest update to play online? Anything to look for in particular on a home edition?

But to play 'invites' you MUST be updated to 2017..

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

1st PC constantly dropped audio
» YouTube video
2nd PC had terrible intermittent static & was prone to locking up
» YouTube video
3rd PC is just a pile of shit lol. 55-65 second latency tests, ethernet LED's never lit & it likes to reboot & fail to load the GPU or its drivers?
Ive tried...
Different cables (HDMI, AC, Ethernet)
Different inputs
Different TV's
Different power strips
Different outlets
Playing with sox on & off (static)
Playing with AC on & off (interference)
Playing online & offline
After this IO/PC swap there is nothing left to try but a populated cabinet trade IMO.
Im also bummed the warranty is only 90 days considering it's never worked 100% this whole time.

Man, that sucks......wish I had some info to help you figure this out.........have you posted in the HE group on FB? There are a few knowledgeable peeps in that group and a bunch of tech peeps that might be able to help.....just a thought.....

#98 4 years ago

Ive got a 2017, and a 2012 that we are going to upgrade to a 2017 and put at the office. So I am in to play. HALPAIN24 is my Gt caddy username also.

#99 4 years ago

New IO & PC installed.

So far no issues but based on historical data it should burst into flames & shoot out lightning in a few days/weeks.

Anyway I appreciate the info & advice guys. If issues arise I'm just gonna get a new cabinet with new devices & new/correct wiring.

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

New IO & PC installed.
So far no issues but based on historical data it should burst into flames & shoot out lightning in a few days/weeks.
Anyway I appreciate the info & advice guys. If issues arise I'm just gonna get a new cabinet with new devices & new/correct wiring.

This was a NIB pedistal that is causing these headaches???

There are 2,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 45.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside