3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,453 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PokerJake
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 187 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ZomboMeme 04082020154336 (resized).jpg
20200804_175728 (resized).jpg
20200731_160248 (resized).jpg
20200801_212347 (resized).jpg
20200801_165151 (resized).jpg
20200801_173337 (resized).jpg
20200731_161541 (resized).jpg
A42B04CD-89C5-45D1-B350-F616DCC70703 (resized).jpeg
4A5E8104-173B-4EAC-A601-C7F8FBCDF127 (resized).jpeg
20200602_203001 (resized).jpg
4B64165B-520F-49F1-A1CC-8C74406B7BBD (resized).jpeg
still_no_invite (resized).jpg
no_invite (resized).jpg
20200325_202206 (resized).jpg
20200301_101837 (resized).jpg

There are 1453 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 30.
#1401 16 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I’ll start by saying it’s way too expensive.
But, it runs full GT 2020 offline and powerputt well.
If I had to run their gimped version of 2019 with a bunch of missing courses it’s a no brainer to pass.

It has power putt on it? Or do you have to swap the hard drive?

#1402 16 days ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

It has power putt on it? Or do you have to swap the hard drive?

What he meant to say is that the stock hardware under the hood (dual monitors, motherboard, graphics card, etc) will run the game Power Putt with minimal changes. Of course, you would need to swap in your own Power Putt Hard drive, security chip, and CID to run the game.

Same holds true for Silver Strike X, as well as Golden Tee 2020 Home Edition. If you have hard drives, security chips, and CID's for those games, you can run them on this unit too. Dual monitor output works well. Sound is an issue on all games except Golden Tee Go, because the graphics card is configured to output sound over HDMI on Silver Strike, Power Putt, and Golden Tee 2020 Home Edition, with no easy way to force it to the cabinet speaker. GTGo offers a setting in the menus to choose digital or analog audio, requiring a reboot to enact the changes. Kind of a pain, and not really convenient for "going" which is the whole point of the game to begin with.

I ALMOST had that issue solved by using a video card that allowed for simultaneous audio by injecting the spdif stream into HDMI (and thus leaving the analog feed alone), but I can't get their monitor to play nice for dual-screen work. Target Toss is fine, but the other 3 games display in the upper-left corner of the monitor (and the attached HDTV as well), so it's a no-go. Too bad.

#1403 16 days ago

I bought this:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-hdmi-audio-extractor-black/6324750.p?skuId=6324750

I wired it in nice and just ran the power adapter out of the Go.

When I want to play on the Go, I plug in the Go and the HDMI Extractor. Sound works fine on the go.
When I want to play on the TV, I just plug in the Go so audio isn't also on the Go.

I'm sure there is a better way to do it, but that's all the time I had to mess with it.

When playing on the Go, I go into the settings menu and adjust game volume there.

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

with no easy way to force it to the cabinet speaker.

#1404 16 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Got 18 under on Jamaica Bay-my best score yet!

Nice!

The new tee boxes on Jamaica really mess me up...either I shoot a -23 or a -15.....lol

#1405 16 days ago

What he meant to say is that the stock hardware under the hood (dual monitors, motherboard, graphics card, etc) will run the game Power Putt with minimal changes. Of course, you would need to swap in your own Power Putt Hard drive, security chip, and CID to run the game.
Same holds true for Silver Strike X, as well as Golden Tee 2020 Home Edition. If you have hard drives, security chips, and CID's for those games, you can run them on this unit too. Dual monitor output works well. Sound is an issue on all games except Golden Tee Go, because the graphics card is configured to output sound over HDMI on Silver Strike, Power Putt, and Golden Tee 2020 Home Edition, with no easy way to force it to the cabinet speaker. GTGo offers a setting in the menus to choose digital or analog audio, requiring a reboot to enact the changes. Kind of a pain, and not really convenient for "going" which is the whole point of the game to begin with.
I ALMOST had that issue solved by using a video card that allowed for simultaneous audio by injecting the spdif stream into HDMI (and thus leaving the analog feed alone), but I can't get their monitor to play nice for dual-screen work. Target Toss is fine, but the other 3 games display in the upper-left corner of the monitor (and the attached HDTV as well), so it's a no-go. Too bad.

Yeah, that sucks. They need to put all 3 games on one system. I love Power Putt and Silver Strike.

So who here has one of these Costco units?? I’m tempted to order one

#1406 16 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I bought this:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-hdmi-audio-extractor-black/6324750.p?skuId=6324750
I wired it in nice and just ran the power adapter out of the Go.
When I want to play on the Go, I plug in the Go and the HDMI Extractor. Sound works fine on the go.
When I want to play on the TV, I just plug in the Go so audio isn't also on the Go.
I'm sure there is a better way to do it, but that's all the time I had to mess with it.
When playing on the Go, I go into the settings menu and adjust game volume there.

I was about to recommend one of these but you beat me to it. You can pick them up on amazon for around 25$ or so.

#1407 16 days ago

smalltownguy2 Try using the headphone jack on the motherboard - a 3.5mm to RCA cable, then run an RCA cable from this to the I/O board. That's how I got around it on my game.

#1408 16 days ago
Quoted from JKirby:

smalltownguy2 Try using the headphone jack on the motherboard - a 3.5mm to RCA cable, then run an RCA cable from this to the I/O board. That's how I got around it on my game.

That works, as long as you are not using a newer graphics card. Anything newer than the GeForce GT430 sets the audio to digital (over hdmi) by default and disables the onboard analog audio output - this includes the back panel connection.

The Go unit is actually wired the way you suggest. The Go software has a new feature in the adjustment menus allowing you to switch between digital or analog sound. The other games do not offer that feature in the audio menu.

#1409 16 days ago

I don't remember what video card I bought when I upgraded (currently running 2019), but it's definitely HDMI out for what it's worth and using the cabinet's speakers.

#1410 16 days ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I was about to recommend one of these but you beat me to it. You can pick them up on amazon for around 25$ or so.

Yeah, I bought one like this off of Amazon for $25 last year. Powered by a USB port on the PC. No complaints.

#1411 16 days ago
Quoted from JKirby:

I don't remember what video card I bought when I upgraded (currently running 2019), but it's definitely HDMI out for what it's worth and using the cabinet's speakers.

What resolution are you running?

#1412 15 days ago

What resolution are you running?

Says HD under the GT logo in the top left corner, is that what you're looking for?

#1413 13 days ago

I’ve got a 2009 Live Nighthawk with hard drive, security chip, JAMMA I/O board, CID and all related cables. Basically a kit available. No idea what it might be worth or where to start with pricing....any ideas? I’m not up to snuff with Golden Tee stuff but I know there is some value. Also, value if any for the LED scrolling tournament topper. Everything is in working order. Thanks for any help.

#1414 13 days ago

About 2 months ago the surface of my game started bubbling bad. I was thinking here we go, so many pins having issues now Golden Tee is also.

My girlfriend kept saying it is just a film you can remove, it will be fine.

I was like yeah, but what if that film is there for a reason.

I finally pulled it off after a few beers and the game looks real good now. Still not sure if I was supposed to do that.

In almost 4 months I have made 4 double eagles, just a wonder shot like that every now and then is what helps keep me hooked.

#1415 13 days ago

Might get a new Big Buck Hunter reloaded

Appears it's $5500 plus S&H then $40 mo

Same yearly cost as GT but in this case a requirement for it to play.

Unless opting for the $10K offline cabinet.

Seems a bit steep but I say that every time I price stuff

Anyone here got a new one online?

#1416 12 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

Don’t you have to pay per a game too on that $5500 one plus the 39 a month?

#1417 12 days ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Don’t you have to pay per a game too on that $5500 one plus the 39 a month?

If I understand correctly

$5500 + $40 mo

You set game on freeplay, that's it.

Cost is $0.50 to playing for prizes however. Like GT

Or

$5500 + $25 mo + some kind of cost per game yes

So there's offline for like $10K or online for damn near half with 2 online options depending on if you're a location vs homeowner

I think

Steeeeep

Bet they aren't selling shit to operators right now due to few folks willing to touch arcades during a pandemic.

Might sit on sidelines to see if they simplify homeowner options. Who is buying the games right now?

#1418 12 days ago

I have never seen or played Big Buck Hunter.

Do the guns have any kickback like a real gun? (I would doubt it, but just curious).

It looks like there are older ones on ebay for a lot less. I wonder if you could get one of those and buy a upgrade kit and save some money?

You have me interested in this game now.

#1419 12 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

Might sit on sidelines to see if they simplify homeowner options.

My fear about adding a HD Buck Hunter is I feel it will get old quickly. I could see myself spending 4K plus on one and having to pay over a dollar a day to keep it up to date, only to grow tired of playing it within weeks. The thing I like about Golden Tee is how much variation and the plethora of available courses, etc. I have owned GT for six months now and I am still intrigued and trying to improve my skills and score. I think HD Buck Hunter would be awesome for guest that come over but I know it would lose that magical feeling for me quickly. Funny right now I would rather find a nice Nintendo play choice arcade with Hogan's Alley on it.

#1420 12 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have never seen or played Big Buck Hunter.
Do the guns have any kickback like a real gun? (I would doubt it, but just curious).
It looks like there are older ones on ebay for a lot less. I wonder if you could get one of those and buy a upgrade kit and save some money?
You have me interested in this game now.

you would have to get a Big Buck Hunter HD or newer in order to upgrade to the latest content. The pro, safari, open season and world can NOT be upgrade beyond World.

We have some routed HD units (42" mini and panorama) coming in soon that will be for sale.

either pm me or shoot me an email so we don't clog this Golden Tee thread up

Sales@KingPinGames.net

#1421 12 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My fear about adding a HD Buck Hunter is I feel it will get old quickly. I could see myself spending 4K plus on one and having to pay over a dollar a day to keep it up to date, only to grow tired of playing it within weeks.

These things must earn like crazy on route if they can charge that much. At $10K for the offline version, it seems like they are not very concerned with the home market, to say the least.

#1422 12 days ago
Quoted from toastbot:

These things must earn like crazy on route if they can charge that much. At $10K for the offline version, it seems like they are not very concerned with the home market, to say the least.

They do seem to do very well on location(depending on location). At a dollar+ per game with bill acceptor it could have some good ROI potential. You would need to find a really good location with enough foot traffic to justify-which is becoming harder to find nowadays. GT seems like they have better earning potential with tournament play options. I have a few friends that are literally addicted to GT online at bars. I have not heard of anyone addicted to playing HD Big Buck at bars?

#1423 12 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My fear about adding a HD Buck Hunter is I feel it will get old quickly. I could see myself spending 4K plus on one and having to pay over a dollar a day to keep it up to date, only to grow tired of playing it within weeks. The thing I like about Golden Tee is how much variation and the plethora of available courses, etc. I have owned GT for six months now and I am still intrigued and trying to improve my skills and score. I think HD Buck Hunter would be awesome for guest that come over but I know it would lose that magical feeling for me quickly. Funny right now I would rather find a nice Nintendo play choice arcade with Hogan's Alley on it.

+1 For this...

I played a lot of BBH when it first came out in the bar, and while it is fun-more so with multiple players, IMO it would get repetitive.
Seems kinda pricy for what you get....unless i'm missing something.....

Chris! Was wondering where you have been lately-prolly chasing that 3 y/o around! lol

#1424 11 days ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

+1 For this...
I played a lot of BBH when it first came out in the bar, and while it is fun-more so with multiple players, IMO it would get repetitive.
Seems kinda pricy for what you get....unless i'm missing something.....
Chris! Was wondering where you have been lately-prolly chasing that 3 y/o around! lol

You've convinced me to abandon BBH. At least for now. Too damn expensive. I will revisit it when I'm out of cool shit to buy.

Perhaps TMNT or JP will be the next toy.

And yes, the 3 yr old has been wearing me out. I'm too damn old! Hahaha

#1425 11 days ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Yeah that's a lot of dough.

I won't bash em & pretend to know the cost of their biz but I wont pretend $10K is acceptable either.

Might as well buy a pinball, kegerator & BBH 1up cabinet instead lol

#1426 11 days ago

I am still considering BBH, as long as a good deal on a used one, with all upgrades, and can be played offline.

#1427 11 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

I just picked one up, the new Reloaded cabinet is very cool! You can see my post about it in the Big Buck Hunter thread.

I would link to that post but cant figure out how to do it!

Ed

#1428 11 days ago
Quoted from eharan:

I just picked one up, the new Reloaded cabinet is very cool! You can see my post about it in the Big Buck Hunter thread.
I would link to that post but cant figure out how to do it!
Ed

See... Now you’re making me want one again!

Doh!

I like toys tho.

#1429 11 days ago

My girlfriend is interested, so if I can get a deal on a used one, and have everything currently available, and not have it online, I am in.

I am trying to shave monthly bills, already cancelled insurance on a truck I rarely use. (I can afford it, but just tired of throwing money away, that way I have more money for fun stuff).

#1430 10 days ago

Hi all, sold all my pins. I getting more into golf irl. I never played golden tee but a lot of my friends love it. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. What is the best one to get? Newest version? I'm willing to spend up to $5k. How bad they depreciate? Is it better to buy monitor stand or just console?

#1431 10 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Hi all, sold all my pins. I getting more into golf irl. I never played golden tee but a lot of my friends love it. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. What is the best one to get? Newest version? I'm willing to spend up to $5k. How bad they depreciate? Is it better to buy monitor stand or just console?

Brand new pedestal will set you back about 3800 plus shipping. You supply your own monitor. We ship all over the county and provide service after the sale. The stand is up to you. Lots of people mount the TV to the wall instead of using a stand. Let me know if you have any other questions.

#1432 10 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Get the 2020 which is the newest version. Online subscription runs $100/year.
Some vendors will offer free 2021 upgrade with new purchase in the coming months...id shop around and find the best deal (upgrade is worth $400).

#1433 10 days ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Get the 2020 which is the newest version. Online subscription runs $100/year.
Some vendors will offer free 2021 upgrade with new purchase in the coming months...id shop around and find the best deal (upgrade is worth $400).

I can find free shipping easy for around $3798 but yet to find the free upgrade.

#1434 10 days ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Brand new pedestal will set you back about 3800 plus shipping. You supply your own monitor. We ship all over the county and provide service after the sale. The stand is up to you. Lots of people mount the TV to the wall instead of using a stand. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for info. I'm from Rapids originally. Gonna be there next Wed. We normally spend a couple nights at the great wolf lodge in the dells but covid screwed that for us.

#1435 10 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I can find free shipping easy for around $3798 but yet to find the free upgrade.

Hold out a little longer.....it WILL be offered as we approach the release of the 2021 update....happens every year.

#1436 10 days ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Hold out a little longer.....it WILL be offered as we approach the release of the 2021 update....happens every year.

I really want it by Aug 29th for my fantasy draft party. I have about 12-15 buddies coming over.

#1437 10 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I really want it by Aug 29th for my fantasy draft party. I have about 12-15 buddies coming over.

yeah, 2021 free upgrades probably wont happen until September or so (usually within the previous month of the new software release).

everything is negotiable. if you want some help with a new game just let me know.

#1438 10 days ago

yeah, 2021 free upgrades probably wont happen until September or so (usually within the previous month of the new software release).
everything is negotiable. if you want some help with a new game just let me know.

Would be happy to buy from you but assuming shipping will add a couple hundred bucks.

#1439 10 days ago

For what it's worth, I'm speaking with IT about upgrading a recently-picked up Live unit. The price for the current year upgrade is dropping to $99 on 8/1, with a commit to $349 for the upgrade in the fall. That's essentially a 2-update for the price of 1, so I'm guessing the new-to-free updates will be dropping in the same rough timeframe.

#1440 10 days ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

For what it's worth, I'm speaking with IT about upgrading a recently-picked up Live unit. The price for the current year upgrade is dropping to $99 on 8/1, with a commit to $349 for the upgrade in the fall. That's essentially a 2-update for the price of 1, so I'm guessing the new-to-free updates will be dropping in the same rough timeframe.

ASSUMING you are the current owner of the game, and that you've never purchased an upgrade chip from them before. They have just locked out repeat purchases from folks, except authorized resellers.

#1441 10 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

We have them ready to go 2020 pedestals, you should be able to get brand new up and running with an LCD within your budget

https://pinballpro.net/shop/golden-tee-2020-home-arcade/

We have the new reloaded BBH as well for those commenting. The new online versions are only $5499 for the pedestal and $39.99/mo if you want all of the content like zombies and Terminator.

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#1442 10 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

I do, and when set to free play it’s no cost for BBH, it’s $39.99/mo for online and premium content. That’s what I would recommend versus offline. Take a lot of months to cover the difference in cost. https://pinballpro.net/shop/big-buck-hunter-hd-offline-panorama-arcade-game/

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

#1443 8 days ago

My GT/SSB monitor seems to have failed, any suggestions? The top monitor is working just fine but nothing on the big one.

#1444 8 days ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

My GT/SSB monitor seems to have failed, any suggestions? The top monitor is working just fine but nothing on the big one.
[quoted image]

do you see a "flash" on the main screen when you turn the game off? if so, then you have power to the monitor but no picture (not likely in this case)

if not, do you hear a "clicking" noise coming from the main monitor? if so, then you have a failed High Output Transistor (HOT) that needs to be replaced.

if it's neither of these things then I would suspect another issue with the monitor chassis.

#1445 8 days ago

do you see a "flash" on the main screen when you turn the game off? if so, then you have power to the monitor but no picture (not likely in this case)
if not, do you hear a "clicking" noise coming from the main monitor? if so, then you have a failed High Output Transistor (HOT) that needs to be replaced.
if it's neither of these things then I would suspect another issue with the monitor chassis.

No flash when I turn the game off. It clicks like the monitor wants to turn on when I turn the game on. I can see a green light on the monitor board.

20200731_161541 (resized).jpg
#1446 7 days ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

No flash when I turn the game off. It clicks like the monitor wants to turn on when I turn the game on. I can see a green light on the monitor board.
[quoted image]

Check the video cable. Either plug in a different lcd to test, or a laptop to the current monitor.

#1447 7 days ago

Tried new cables and still nothing. I think I'm going to replace the monitor with an LCD, but gotta figure out what one to put in there. Not sure of any newer monitors with VGA input.

#1448 6 days ago

I'm looking for a Golden Tee #14 cid.
Would also like to find a Silver Strike X hard drive with security chip. Please pm with anything available. Thanks.

#1449 6 days ago

Just going to convert it to a pedestal, had an old TV laying around that works.

20200801_165151 (resized).jpg20200801_173337 (resized).jpg
#1450 6 days ago

Got it all put back together but no sound now. When I adjust the red/white cables on the io board or pc I hear crackling. There is a red LED lit on the IO board, d400 is written below it.

20200801_212347 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 87.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 218.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9,099.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 6.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods
There are 1453 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 30.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside