3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,267 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by MLmotorsport
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 173 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200325_202206 (resized).jpg
20200301_101837 (resized).jpg
pricing (resized).png
IMG_6717 (resized).jpg
20200211_184534 (resized).jpg
pain-ass2 (resized).jpg
pain-ass (resized).jpg
new-sides (resized).jpg
new-panels (resized).jpg
silverstrike5 (resized).jpg
silverstrike3 (resized).jpg
ss (resized).jpg
silverstrike2 (resized).jpg
20190409_191330 (resized).jpg
20181219_150039 (resized).jpg
20200114_193217 (resized).jpg

There are 1267 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 26.
#1251 13 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Just curious, is there a pause button or way to pause the 2020 Home Edition?
Thanks!

No but you can set it to never time out in the operator’s menu.

#1252 13 days ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

No but you can set it to never time out in the operator’s menu.

Thank You for that info. One more question, do you lose strokes during that time?

I can pause the multicade, but about to get the real GT, and just trying to learn what to do when I need a beer and a bathroom break.

#1253 13 days ago

You don't need to pause if you set it to never time out. It will just sit and wait for you.

#1254 13 days ago

The main consequence from the timeout is that you lose a stroke. No timeout, no loss of stroke.

One more question, do you lose strokes during that time?

#1255 13 days ago

Just curious, is there a pause button or way to pause the 2020 Home Edition?
Thanks!

(edit) already answered above.

#1256 12 days ago

My timer is set to never expire

But be aware, when playing online rounds there is a DNF timer

I've lost quite a few to that "feature"

Its not seconds/minutes, it's hours

But when the edibles kick in & Ancient Aliens is on who can play GT?

#1257 12 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

My timer is set to never expire
But be aware, when playing online rounds there is a DNF timer
I've lost quite a few to that "feature"
Its not seconds/minutes, it's hours
But when the edibles kick in & Ancient Aliens is on who can play GT?

I am really glad that you started this topic. Just finished 2 rounds on the multicade, and picking up a NIB 2020 GT Home Edition in early April, just 2 weeks away!

#1258 8 days ago

Curious how you can tell what edition you're running (2017, 2018, etc)? Looking at a used GT that is the newer podium style but the seller doesnt seem to know much about it. He thinks it was updated to 2019 software. I don't want to make the trip to see it without knowing what it's running. Maybe it shows on boot-up? Should it have the keypad attached to it for online play? Also, any problems with buying a retail unit for home use? I think I read that it'll never be able to go back to retail use but any other issues?
Thanks!

#1259 8 days ago

Anyone catch the golden tee coverage on espn2?

#1260 8 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Anyone catch the golden tee coverage on espn2?

Yes I happened to catch some of it. Wow I cannot believe what the Pros are shooting. 33 and 32 under is absolutely amazing. I really need to step up my game. I noticed most of the players had a ball trail turned on-thinking I want to try it. Also couple players playing with thumbs? So many techniques, I never realized how many compete and how serious it is. Tons of holes in one! -Time to play some GT

#1261 6 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes I happened to catch some of it. Wow I cannot believe what the Pros are shooting. 33 and 32 under is absolutely amazing. I really need to step up my game. I noticed most of the players had a ball trail turned on-thinking I want to try it. Also couple players playing with thumbs? So many techniques, I never realized how many compete and how serious it is. Tons of holes in one! -Time to play some GT

'Thumbing' a shot reduces the distance a club travels vs a full swing.....very speed dependent. I've been trying this a lot more on my HE....

The coverage on ESPN8 was good- I've met both Kevin Lindsay and Adam Kramer (the announcers) and theyre both very nice, grounded folks. The GT community is awesome. Go to a tournament sometime and find out. I've been to 3 and didn't know anyone before going and ended up having a blast!

Also anyone see on Twitter that Gotham Sports Network is having a video game bracket tourney? Golden Eye 007 (#1 seed) vs Golden Tee (#16 seed)?
The link was posted in the HE & GT Fan FB pages and GT community rallied and GT came from behind to win!

You can tell what year its been updated to by the available courses displayed on the screen, or from the attract screen

#1262 6 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yeah it's crazy how good some people are, it's cool to see such a big following for the game. I'm so glad I ended up purchasing a 2020 cabinet a couple months back as it's really helped with passing the time at home during this situation. I paid a dollar earlier today to do one of the paid events (all par 3's) and ended up 10 over lol.

Also, the final 2020 course Castle Shire is now released!

#1263 5 days ago

Paid $1 today to play in the world qualifier event. I had some confidence going after a birdie on the first hole and then finished +10 lol. All the holes are par 3's from this years courses.

Even though I did terrible it was fun to play in the event and get that competition feel. It would be great if IT adds the ability to view tournament standings on the cabinet itself versus having to go through the mobile app.

20200325_202206 (resized).jpg

#1264 4 days ago

Here u go some tips from a pro

#1265 4 days ago

Ah, the mouth.....always a good listen and a good GT player!

#1266 4 days ago
Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Curious how you can tell what edition you're running (2017, 2018, etc)? Looking at a used GT that is the newer podium style but the seller doesnt seem to know much about it. He thinks it was updated to 2019 software. I don't want to make the trip to see it without knowing what it's running. Maybe it shows on boot-up? Should it have the keypad attached to it for online play? Also, any problems with buying a retail unit for home use? I think I read that it'll never be able to go back to retail use but any other issues?
Thanks!

Nearly every version of GT has the year in the title banner when the game is booted. And it's on the game info screen right before the game boots too.

#1267 4 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Nearly every version of GT has the year in the title banner when the game is booted. And it's on the game info screen right before the game boots too.

Ok thanks, if he didnt know the version then he apparently hadn't turned it on. Seller had 2 low res pics and was being coy about the details on it so I passed. Still on the hunt...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
£ 50.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 39.50
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
T-shirt- Grey Color Out of stock
Project Pinball Charity
$ 75.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 259.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
£ 45.00
Lighting - Other
PinballToys
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 1267 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside