Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 74.
#1201 4 years ago

This is the machine I brought last year. It sold for $3100 right after the show.

20190409_191330 (resized).jpg20190409_191330 (resized).jpg

#1202 4 years ago

Nice looking ped!

#1203 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Nice looking ped!

Ha. You should have seen what it looked like before I started :O

ss (resized).jpgss (resized).jpgsilverstrike2 (resized).jpgsilverstrike2 (resized).jpgsilverstrike3 (resized).jpgsilverstrike3 (resized).jpgsilverstrike5 (resized).jpgsilverstrike5 (resized).jpg

#1204 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Ha. You should have seen what it looked like before I started :O
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW that's quite the transformation! Hard to tell it used to be a full cab......you do some nice work!

#1205 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

WOW that's quite the transformation! Hard to tell it used to be a full cab......you do some nice work!

Thanks. I.T. would disagree with you, since my conversions don't use the stylistic "curved rear" on the panels. Truth be told, I actually considered tracing an OEM panel just to get the curvature correct, but for what reason? The cab is obviously a cut-down, and easily recognizable by those who deal with these on a regular basis. I chose to focus my efforts on making sure the rest of the details of the cabinet are addressed and looking nice. For some of the uprights I convert, I actually just cut new side panels. I keep an original cut-down panel that's in OK shape for a tracing template. Just jig-saw to within a half inch or so, then flush trim router bit for the rest.

new-panels (resized).jpgnew-panels (resized).jpg
new-sides (resized).jpgnew-sides (resized).jpg

Converting the control panel top is a major pain in the ass, as the OEM CPO is reverse screen printed on to the back of textured polycarbonate, and adhered directly to the wood panel. Removal wasn't (and never is) easy. And then you need to sand and bondo the top before applying the replacement artwork, since you need a smooth surface underneath. The trackball plate edges are easily seen otherwise.

pain-ass (resized).jpgpain-ass (resized).jpg

pain-ass2 (resized).jpgpain-ass2 (resized).jpg

#1206 4 years ago

As long as it plays GT, who cares if it was a cut down……

I have a friend who has cut down a few and now has a Power Putt and Silver Strike to go with his GT.....he didn't want to put all 3 in the same cab...

#1207 4 years ago

Got my first double digit under par score today playing Jamaica Bay online. That course has kicked my ass so many times and I'm sure it will again. Also got my first hole out for an eagle on a par 4. This game is so much fun!

20200211_184534 (resized).jpg20200211_184534 (resized).jpg

#1208 4 years ago

Jasenwm

Quoted from Jasenwm:

2015 home made[quoted image]

Got some details on that build?

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Awww yeah, Pinside Invitational getting started I do like competing, even when I don’t win.

Hurry up and Play your invite

#1210 4 years ago

Maybe it's a better Buy to get an extreme home arcade?
If you get the piedestal, you get golden tee (Dont know How up to date version?) and also alot of other games?

#1211 4 years ago

Really looking forward to joining the club. Have a pedestal heading my way soon.

#1212 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Maybe it's a better Buy to get an extreme home arcade?
If you get the piedestal, you get golden tee (Dont know How up to date version?) and also alot of other games?

Sure you can do that and get a bunch of other games. Golden tee fore is terrible once you have played on a live machine.

#1213 4 years ago

Everyone can PM your GT ID and I can create a group, unless someone else has started this.

#1214 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Got my first double digit under par score today playing Jamaica Bay online. That course has kicked my ass so many times and I'm sure it will again. Also got my first hole out for an eagle on a par 4. This game is so much fun!
[quoted image]

Nice! Now work on getting rid of those bogies....lol

#1215 4 years ago

I'm interested in a used golden tee. I'm looking at one that is a pedestal 2013 Home edition unit. Should i avoid this for a newer model? I guess it would be about $700 to upgrade the version to current. It costs about 2K is that worth it? Is that the market rate?

#1216 4 years ago

Pay no more than $1000 for a 2013 Pedestal. That will leave you room for upgrades, and protect your investment should you ever want to sell it.

#1217 4 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

I'm interested in a used golden tee. I'm looking at one that is a pedestal 2013 Home edition unit. Should i avoid this for a newer model? I guess it would be about $700 to upgrade the version to current. It costs about 2K is that worth it? Is that the market rate?

I’ve got a spare 2019 drive and chip kicking around for sale if you don’t want to spend the 700$

#1218 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Everyone can PM your GT ID and I can create a group, unless someone else has started this.

I created a pinside group. If you can’t find it send me user name and I will add you

#1219 4 years ago

Finally joined the club and picked up this 2013 Pedestal, with TV, and official (and expensive) factory stand for $1K. Nice!
Guess I'll be looking to get the 2020 Home Upgrade now.

IMG_6717 (resized).jpgIMG_6717 (resized).jpg
#1220 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Finally joined the club and picked up this 2013 Pedestal, with TV, and official (and expensive) factory stand for $1K. Nice!
Guess I'll be looking to get the 2020 Home Upgrade now.[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#1221 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Guess I'll be looking to get the 2020 Home Upgrade now.[quoted image]

Yeah that's the kind of deal I want

#1222 4 years ago

We are still playing the 18 courses on this multicade. I still plan to get a 2020 GT home edition in April.

In the meantime we had not played any pinball in months, after we discovered GT. Now for the last few days I have said lets play a pinball for a hour, then play 2-3 courses on GT, and that mix has been awesome. For whatever reason doing that I am breaking my old high scores on pins, and getting new course records on GT also.

I love trying trick shots on GT, and I am about 50/50 with how that turns out, but even if a bad shot I just laugh.

The only thing that ticks me off, is when I am on tee, and trying for a 300 yard drive, and the ball goes like 5 feet. It does not happen much, but when it does I am like wtf? Keep in mind this is a multicade, do any of you ever have this problem on the real deal? Just curious.

#1223 4 years ago

Pinside group invite sent

#1224 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Pinside group invite sent

Got it need one more to hit it up, honestly with as crappy as out handicaps our you should do glory play or maybe a dollar a game. Hate to see these guys throw money away. I usually don’t accept invites for money. Just a thought

#1225 4 years ago

I am right handed and my right wrist was injured today. I knew my girlfriend really wanted to play GT so for the hell of it I played a entire course left handed.

My drives were actually better, but other shots not so much, but about the same score as usual.

#1226 4 years ago

Hey guys,
We recently started tossing around the idea of adding GT to our little home arcade. Pinball, air hockey, bubble hockey, and a multicade are great but seems like GT would appeal to a broader group of guys than the others. Was originally looking for a used all-in-one unit then I see the newer design is a console separate from the screen. I haven't found any deals on used GT's in the new style that would justify going that route over a brand new one with a warranty shipped to my door so that's probably what we'll do unless something pops up.
My questions are:
- What kind of footprint do I need available to make a comfortable setup? I like the look of the tv stand but I'm not against hanging a tv on the wall and saving some money (and maybe some space?)
- What kind of speaker package do these come with or do they just run the sound through the TV that's hooked up to it?
- Do you owners find that this is fun for people who wouldnt normally be interested in pins?
I dont play or follow golf at all but this seems like something very different. I don't play hockey either but Super Chexx is fun for almost everyone.
- Are there ever any discounts/promo's run on these?

I havent played GT in almost a decade but I already know they're fun and will be a good add to the mix. We're going to be finishing a second arcade room over the summer so if this ends up needing too much space we may have to wait on it until that's done ...but I kinda hope not.
Looking forward to joining the group!
Michael

#1227 4 years ago
Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Hey guys,
We recently started tossing around the idea of adding GT to our little home arcade. Pinball, air hockey, bubble hockey, and a multicade are great but seems like GT would appeal to a broader group of guys than the others. Was originally looking for a used all-in-one unit then I see the newer design is a console separate from the screen. I haven't found any deals on used GT's in the new style that would justify going that route over a brand new one with a warranty shipped to my door so that's probably what we'll do unless something pops up.
My questions are:
- What kind of footprint do I need available to make a comfortable setup? I like the look of the tv stand but I'm not against hanging a tv on the wall and saving some money (and maybe some space?)
- What kind of speaker package do these come with or do they just run the sound through the TV that's hooked up to it?
- Do you owners find that this is fun for people who wouldnt normally be interested in pins?
I dont play or follow golf at all but this seems like something very different. I don't play hockey either but Super Chexx is fun for almost everyone.
- Are there ever any discounts/promo's run on these?
I havent played GT in almost a decade but I already know they're fun and will be a good add to the mix. We're going to be finishing a second arcade room over the summer so if this ends up needing too much space we may have to wait on it until that's done ...but I kinda hope not.
Looking forward to joining the group!
Michael

Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have made arrangement with incredible technologies to have a couple golden tee 2020 pedestal units for both tpf and mgc. Price is 3495. These units will be used for the duration of the show(s) and can be removed from the show once the show ends.
I will have 47" tvs attached to a truss upright, so if you would like a tv stand let me know and we can order on.
I have 2 machines for each show. Please let me know if you would like one. Machines will be removed from the boxes at each show. They are brand new units a d come with the full factory warranty.
Christopher
[email protected]
[email protected]

1 week later
#1228 4 years ago

can you go online for golden tee home edition with a nighthawk 3 in 1 system?

#1229 4 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

unlikely, unless you have 3 separate systems with 3 separate cid (i believe)

#1230 4 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Not sure what you mean by a "3-in-1 system."

#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Not sure what you mean by a "3-in-1 system."

There are a couple people out in California who sell all three games in one cab. Seen them on Craigslist. Might be what he is referring to.

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

There are a couple people out in California who sell all three games in one cab. Seen them on Craigslist. Might be what he is referring to.

this. looks like it would be fine for off-line play. I guess I'd have to pay accordingly. However, it appears that online golden tee is where the fun's at.

#1233 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Surely those cannot be legit games.

#1234 4 years ago

Getting ready to pick up my 2020 GT in a few weeks, and was asking my distributor some questions. He says it plays fine offline, and I said I would probably need it online to get new courses. He said no, to get more courses I will need a chip that costs around 800.00. My next question was how many new courses does a 800.00 chip get? After a while he said sometimes no new courses, sometimes just improved graphics.

I am getting confused with all this. Any advice?

Like has anyone purchased a 2017 GT for example and wanted to add more courses and how much did it cost and how many new courses did you get?

#1235 4 years ago

When you get it you can play offline in casual mode. To play online you get a subscription from IT. Let’s you keep track of stats, setup your golfer, balls, clubs ect, play invites and online contests. To update to 2021 it’s 450$ and they just send you a usb thumb drive. Plug it in to the computer in the back and update it that’s it. Each year they release 5 courses and two remaster for a total of 7. The remastered courses are on a timed release think coral was January of this year and the other will be in March or so I forget.

#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Getting ready to pick up my 2020 GT in a few weeks, and was asking my distributor some questions. He says it plays fine offline, and I said I would probably need it online to get new courses. He said no, to get more courses I will need a chip that costs around 800.00. My next question was how many new courses does a 800.00 chip get? After a while he said sometimes no new courses, sometimes just improved graphics.
I am getting confused with all this. Any advice?
Like has anyone purchased a 2017 GT for example and wanted to add more courses and how much did it cost and how many new courses did you get?

When your distributor told you that you needed to be online to "get new courses" I believe he meant you would need to put your machine online to get patches and time-released content. That's pushed down to your cabinet from I.T. via the internet connection.

Gumby is right, the upgrade from each year to the next year has traditionally been about $400. The only way an update could cost close to $800 is if you bringing a very old machine up to the current update. Here's the breakdown:

http://home.goldentee.com/downloads/GT-Home-Update-Order-Form.pdf

pricing (resized).pngpricing (resized).png

That's last year's pricing guide, so just add 1 year to every year you see here, and the pricing has remained the same, I believe.

#1237 4 years ago

As of yesterday I'm officially a member!!

20200301_101837 (resized).jpg20200301_101837 (resized).jpg
#1238 4 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

As of yesterday I'm officially a member!![quoted image]

Welcome! I see you're in the Facebook HE group also!

#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Welcome! I see you're in the Facebook HE group also!

Yup, I look forward to getting this hooked up and on line. Played briefly in the garage testing it and made a hole in one on a par 4. Quite a rush. Must be set on easy or something.

#1240 4 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Yup, I look forward to getting this hooked up and on line. Played briefly in the garage testing it and made a hole in one on a par 4. Quite a rush. Must be set on easy or something.

There are difficulty settings 1-5 for offline play. Theyre adjustable in the operator menu.

#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

There are difficulty settings 1-5 for offline play. Theyre adjustable in the operator menu.

How do you get top the operator menu?

#1242 4 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

How do you get top the operator menu?

Button is in the front underneath the lip, kind where your wrap is in the pic.

#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

There are difficulty settings 1-5 for offline play.

What is online play on, 5?

#1244 4 years ago

There is no exact answer, but it’s somewhere between 3 and 4.

#1245 4 years ago

Online is broken down in brackets depending on your handicap. Gold,silver, and bronze it will adjust things like pin, tee box positions and wind conditions.

#1246 4 years ago

Would love to add a newer GT machine to my arcade. If anyone is thinking about ditching theirs near Cincinnati, maybe we can work out a trade with a Pinball machine from my collection?

#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Would love to add a newer GT machine to my arcade. If anyone is thinking about ditching theirs near Cincinnati, maybe we can work out a trade with a Pinball machine from my collection?

are you coming to MGC? depending on condition i might be interested in your data east jurassic park towards or for a 2020 pedestal show game.

#1248 4 years ago

Online LIVE play will be 5.

1 week later
#1249 4 years ago

Send the invites only if your going to play please.

#1250 4 years ago

Just curious, is there a pause button or way to pause the 2020 Home Edition?
Thanks!

There are 3,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.