IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9551 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 74.
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Looks fun, but way overpriced in my view.

I mean $3600 - $3800 new for a 2020 cabinet is a lot of cash but I think it's a better value then a new Stern pro for nearly $6k considering the 80 or so courses, ability to add more each year, and online capabilities. Yes you have to pay for yearly updates (optional) but at least there's a way to regularly expand upon the game which isn't possible for a pinball machine.

Think about what you get for $6k with a new Stern pro. Strip away the standard cabinet and there really isn't that much there. Those 2 plastic ramps end up costing $1k each when ya look at it that way. At the end of the day all of this stuff seems overpriced but it's fun. I figure I can't take my money with me when I'm dead so might as well enjoy it now lol.

#1152 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Looks fun, but way overpriced in my view.

Says the guy in the pinball forum. LOL.

#1153 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I mean $3600 - $3800 new for a 2020 cabinet is a lot of cash but I think it's a better value then a new Stern pro for nearly $6k considering the 80 or so courses, ability to add more each year, and online capabilities. Yes you have to pay for yearly updates (optional) but at least there's a way to regularly expand upon the game which isn't possible for a pinball machine.
Think about what you get for $6k with a new Stern pro. Strip away the standard cabinet and there really isn't that much there. Those 2 plastic ramps end up costing $1k each when ya look at it that way. At the end of the day all of this stuff seems overpriced but it's fun. I figure I can't take my money with me when I'm dead so might as well enjoy it now lol.

Well it´s a computer a trackball and a couple of buttons. Surely mats is hardly above 800$?
The computer game itself wouldnt sell for more then 80$ at best.
Retail home ed is 3895$.

IMO it´s overpriced at about 2k.
1800 would be an ok price for a unit.

BTW i think a stern pro is overpriced in the same league, maybe more.

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Well it´s a computer a trackball and a couple of buttons. Surely mats is hardly above 800$?
Retail home ed is 3895$.

You're forgetting the employees that write the code and many other costs associated with developing and keeping the game updated.....
$4K isn't for everyone, but neither is a $9K NIB pin......

#1155 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Says the guy in the pinball forum. LOL.

I dont think a woz standard is overpriced. There are also some ok deals on used market, even if prices for used machines seems higher in the us then here in sweden, on the other hand new machines are a lot more expensive here.

#1156 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

You're forgetting the employees that write the code and many other costs associated with developing and keeping the game updated.....
$4K isn't for everyone, but neither is a $9K NIB pin......

I thought the code was fairly old with yearly updates?
I do realise it´s not selling in the same numbers as a conventional computer game, thus requiring a higher cost for coding.
But for a more resonable price i think they would sell more units.

Anyway it seems fun and will for sure find it´s spot in a nicely equipped gameroom.

#1157 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Retail home ed is 3895$.

There's a bit more to it then that if you've opened one up. As nascarrey said above you are also paying for the software that the programming team has coded as well as the work they do throughout the year on the game. There's over 80 courses in the game, that adds up. I want a new Stern pro for $3k but it isn't going to happen lol.

#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I thought the code was fairly old with yearly updates?
I do realise it´s not selling in the same numbers as a conventional computer game, thus requiring a higher cost for coding.
But for a more resonable price i think they would sell more units.
Anyway it seems fun and will for sure find it´s spot in a nicely equipped gameroom.

Seems like 7 new 18 hole courses come with each update, that's the case with 2020.

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Seems like 7 new 18 hole courses come with each update, that's the case with 2020.

2020 comes with 7 new locations, but there are 17 new courses to play when you take into account the 10 new freaky courses also available.

#1160 4 years ago

Priced to move.

Other - For Sale
“Golden Tee Arcade Home Edition 2019 $3350 for everything except tv. Pedestal ($3900 value) Factory TV stand ($400 value) LED lighted Marquee ($100 value) Wireless bridge wifi conn...”
2020-04-28
Livermore, CA
3,350 (OBO)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 389 times

#1161 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Priced to move

Other - For Sale

For Sale or Trade- Golden Tee Arcade Game 2019

“Golden Tee Arcade Home Edition 2019

$3050 for pedestal only. (normally $3800)

Or

$3350 for pedestal and:
Factory TV stand ($400 value)
LED lighted Marquee ($100 value)
Wireless ...”

21 days ago

Livermore, CA

3,050 (OBO)

imagamejunky

Looks like it's moving very quickly.

$2700 might move it a bit faster.

#1162 4 years ago

When setting up an invite- when choosing a course under the Freaky Friday tab, theres 15 different Freaky Friday events to choose from....that's almost 100 different courses to choose from.

#1163 4 years ago

I am looking to pickup a GT that can be converted to 2020 for the best possible price. What is the best way to approach this?

#1164 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I am looking to pickup a GT that can be converted to 2020 for the best possible price. What is the best way to approach this?

You could buy mine and update it easily. Although shipping wouldn't help

#1165 4 years ago

Paid 2500$ for my factory 2017 and updated it. No need to pay 3700$ if your willing to wait and hunt for it.

#1166 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Paid 2500$ for my factory 2017 and updated it. No need to pay 3700$ if your willing to wait and hunt for it.

Yeah used you can get some deals, just need to factor in update costs. Upgrading a 2017 to 2020 costs around $700. Year over year its $400 - $450 but the update cost over multiple years is usually a few hundred more.

Just to note for anyone looking at newer cabinets a 2019 and 2020 are the same hardware wise except that a the 2020 now includes a wifi dongle. All new 2019 cabinets should come with a free 2020 update kit.

#1167 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Depends on how much sweat equity you want to pour into it. It's actually possible to cut down one of the older cabinet styles and get a pretty decent pedestal cabinet out of it. But it requires some pretty extensive woodworking and other work, like bondo and sanding. And you need replacement parts and artwork.

#1168 4 years ago

Depends on how much sweat equity you want to pour into it. It's actually possible to cut down one of the older cabinet styles and get a pretty decent pedestal cabinet out of it. But it requires some pretty extensive woodworking and other work, like bondo and sanding. And you need replacement parts and artwork.

My thought was to get a 2014 and update it to 2020. Did they have the pedestal back then?

#1169 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

My thought was to get a 2014 and update it to 2020. Did they have the pedestal back then?

They did, however you'll have a tough time finding a dedicated 2014 showpiece cabinet at this point. Most will have already been upgraded to a newer year.

Honestly any OEM pedestal should be the target of your search. As long as you have the pedestal and the #14 CID, the rest is peanuts.

#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I found you I think only darkwing from Arizona. Request sent.

I added dark wing but couldn’t find Gumby510. I am Flawz in Pittsburgh or Cranberry Township

#1171 4 years ago

I am currently working with incredible technologies to do some demo sales for tpf and mgc. Should have some pricing in the next couple days.

#1172 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I added dark wing but couldn’t find Gumby510. I am Flawz in Pittsburgh or Cranberry Township

Try chipchipperson as that is showing as my nickname. I could not find a flawz at all either. Go to the caddy and check your account area. Will have your name, account name, email ect. In there will have your nickname listed. I’m kinda new to this also as I don’t play many invites. Played darkwing tonight and boy was that dodge city brutal. It was gold bracket tee boxes all the way. Really rough.

#1173 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I am currently working with incredible technologies to do some demo sales for tpf and mgc. Should have some pricing in the next couple days.

Are you working with Kevin Lindsey?

I've met him and Adam Kramer before at a PEGT tour event. Theyre both good people!

#1174 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Try chipchipperson as that is showing as my nickname. I could not find a flawz at all either. Go to the caddy and check your account area. Will have your name, account name, email ect. In there will have your nickname listed. I’m kinda new to this also as I don’t play many invites. Played darkwing tonight and boy was that dodge city brutal. It was gold bracket tee boxes all the way. Really rough.

Just sent you an invite. The more I play the worse I get so your luck is about to change lol!!!!!

#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Dude, the first half of Dodge is not bad, but the last half is totally brutal! I think I hit max strokes on two holes /smh...

There’s a ton of cool courses on there, and some are definitely easier than others. The recently unlocked Coral Ridge isn’t too bad. Also the Kennywood (rollercoaster) course is cool hehe

#1176 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Just sent you an invite. The more I play the worse I get so your luck is about to change lol!!!!!

Ya I don’t see the invite in my caddy app.

#1177 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya I don’t see the invite in my caddy app.

Sorry. I sent you a friend invite through the app

#1178 4 years ago

We have been trying to figure out what the game is saying. I think it sounds like "Golfer one is on this". My girlfriend thinks it says "Golfer one is anonymous". (this is GT 97, 98, 99, etc. on a multicade). It always says this for the first player on tee, then it says "golfer two is up".

Thanks in advance!

#1179 4 years ago

"Golfer one is on tee"

#1180 4 years ago

It says golfer 2 is on tee, but something else for golfer one. Maybe it is just this game?

#1181 4 years ago

It might be "Golfer 1 with the honors"??

#1182 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

It might be "Golfer 1 with the honors"??

Oh, that could be it - maybe "Golfer one has honors."

#1183 4 years ago

"Golfer one has honors."

I think that is it.

Thanks!

#1184 4 years ago

I should remember that after 4K rounds played, but I usually have the sound turned down.......lol

#1185 4 years ago

The only one I remember is, "Get the snorkel."

I hear it a lot.

#1186 4 years ago

"Get the snorkel."

That and "get the chainsaw", and also "its in the beach".

#1187 4 years ago

“Nice drive, does your husband play?”

#1188 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Sorry. I sent you a friend invite through the app

Ok I sent you and dark an invite

#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ok I sent you and dark an invite

Awww yeah, Pinside Invitational getting started I do like competing, even when I don’t win.

#1190 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Awww yeah, Pinside Invitational getting started I do like competing, even when I don’t win.

Nice. Played my round last night, should be pretty easily beaten lol

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Nice. Played my round last night, should be pretty easily beaten lol

Just finished mine -14 had a ruff start.

#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Just finished mine -14 had a ruff start.

Nice. Started a Pinside group so if others are looking to join we can send invites to the entire group instead of to individuals

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Nice. Started a Pinside group so if others are looking to join we can send invites to the entire group instead of to individuals

That will work, just send them my way and I’ll get to it.

#1194 4 years ago

I have made arrangement with incredible technologies to have a couple golden tee 2020 pedestal units for both tpf and mgc. Price is 3495. These units will be used for the duration of the show(s) and can be removed from the show once the show ends.

I will have 47" tvs attached to a truss upright, so if you would like a tv stand let me know and we can order on.

I have 2 machines for each show. Please let me know if you would like one. Machines will be removed from the boxes at each show. They are brand new units a d come with the full factory warranty.

Christopher
[email protected]

[email protected]

#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have made arrangement with incredible technologies to have a couple golden tee 2020 pedestal units for both tpf and mgc. Price is 3495. These units will be used for the duration of the show(s) and can be removed from the show once the show ends.
I will have 47" tvs attached to a truss upright, so if you would like a tv stand let me know and we can order on.
I have 2 machines for each show. Please let me know if you would like one. Machines will be removed from the boxes at each show. They are brand new units a d come with the full factory warranty.
Christopher
[email protected]
[email protected]

Nice!

I always wondered why GT wasn't present at Video Game shows/conventions...……...where else could you get more people who are into video games hooked on GT???

#1196 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Nice!
I always wondered why GT wasn't present at Video Game shows/conventions...……...where else could you get more people who are into video games hooked on GT???

There were plenty of Golden Tee pedestals available at MGC last year. I brought one too.

#1197 4 years ago

There plenty of Golden Tee pedestals available at MGC last year. I brought one too.

Are you a distributor also?

#1198 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Are you a distributor also?

Nope. I brought one of my own personal machines to the show last year.

#1199 4 years ago

2015 home made

20181219_150039 (resized).jpg20181219_150039 (resized).jpg
There are 3,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/24?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.