IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9551 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 74.
#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Tonight I found out that the game does have different difficulty settings and that online play is set to a harder difficulty setting versus playing casually offline.

You can set the difficulty level for casual as well. Making the greens more or less challenging.

Oh, and just like you guys, I also ended up buying my GT after playing the older games on my arcade emulator cab

#1102 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Absolutely.
Just like on your mame cab.
Up to 4 players can play all of the available courses offline in "casual" mode. This includes 18 holes, closest to the pin, skins, and against "real time rivals" mode. All are very fun.
You will have to outfit your players with clubs, balls, and clothing each time you play (if you don't want to use the defaults). No individual stats will be saved, other than your initials.
No online tournaments or events. No wagers.
Rant time...
After playing online for the first year I let my subscription expire. I only play offline now. IMO the $100 yearly fee plus the $.50 per game fee is a total rip off. Especially because you can't play a real time game with others who are also logged in.
My personal prediction is that IT will completely change it's format within a couple years. They absolutely need to get with current technology and allow multiple people to play games/tournaments online in REAL TIME. If countless video games and phone apps can do it then GT should be able to do it too.
Not to mention they NEED better graphics. 4K video runs great on a $400 PS4 but not on a $4000 GT? Give me a break..
Nick
Ha! Panzer beat me to it

Good points, thanks for the info! I'm still very new GT and was wondering if some online matches don't have a fee? I haven't been prompted to pay for normal online matches just to track my stats but after playing 6 online games tonight I'm wondering if I'll have $3 billed to my credit card lol. Is the $.50 per game fee just for certain events?

Oh, I did call IT up the other day to ask about the subscription and while I had them on the line I inquired about whether or not a platform upgrade is being planned. They were very vague in their reply, as expected, but made it sound like something is coming in a few years or so. The person I spoke with also made it sound like existing owners would just need to upgrade their video card if and when an overhaul occurs. I can see that working but at some point systems will be limited by their CPU and memory. The good thing about GT is it runs on Linux and likely runs more efficiently compared to if it ran on Windows. From what I read hardware in GT cabinets has changed over the years. The person I spoke to said that the hardware for 2019 and 2020 cabinets is the same with the only change being that 2020 cabinets come with a wifi dongle.

#1103 4 years ago

There is no fee to play online games at all just the subscription. Online is the way to go as you can set up your golfer and earn clothes and stuff. You will want to set up your guy with better clubs and balls. The stock clubs and balls will only get you so far. If your offline you will have to change that every time you play which gets old real quick. They did add an events mode, they rotate mixed holes from different courses each week. That does cost a 1.50$ A game max is 10 games a week, but it’s totally optional. I usually play one a week.

#1104 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

There is no fee to play online games at all just the subscription. Online is the way to go as you can set up your golfer and earn clothes and stuff. You will want to set up your guy with better clubs and balls. The stock clubs and balls will only get you so far. If your offline you will have to change that every time you play which gets old real quick. They did add an events mode, they rotate mixed holes from different courses each week. That does cost a 1.50$ A game max is 10 games a week, but it’s totally optional. I usually play one a week.

How are you playing online against other players for free? If you wanted to play against me right now how would you do it?
Invites or events costs per player per game

#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Thanks! That's what I've been seeing too.

How are you playing online against other players for free? If you wanted to play against me right now how would you do it?
Invites or events costs per player per game

I'm not sure about invite games but just playing an online game by yourself to track stats, rivals online mode, or the casual compete mode doesn't appear to cost anything additional over the subscription fee. I see that special events cost money but it looks like you can win money in those.

#1106 4 years ago

Ok I see where I'm not explaining myself well here. Sorry.
If you want to play by yourself, or with a couple buddies in your home on your own cab, then YES you can all log in with your online player ID and it's free. Your stats will record.

But that is not what I meant by playing online.

Let's say Panzer, Gumby, and I wanted to play against each other today. One of us has to create an invitational event and invite the other 2 guys. Even if we're not betting any money, we all still have to pay $.50 each. And it's not in real time. We each would play the course by ourselves and then in the end we could log into the app and see how we all did.

#1107 4 years ago

For offline/casual you can change the difficulty settings which affect the slope of the greens, wind and tee boxes in the operator settings.

IT takes a .50 rake for every event, but you cant play 'live' vs your opponents....you wont see their score until you both/all are finished...…..

#1108 4 years ago

Ok I see where I'm not explaining myself well here. Sorry.
If you want to play by yourself, or with a couple buddies in your home on your own cab, then YES you can all log in with your online player ID and it's free. Your stats will record.
But that is not what I meant by playing online.
Let's say Panzer, Gumby, and I wanted to play against each other today. One of us has to create an invitational event and invite the other 2 guys. Even if we're not betting any money, we all still have to pay $.50 each. And it's not in real time. We each would play the course by ourselves and then in the end we could log into the app and see how we all did.

Yes if you want to play each other then yes you set up invites via the app and yes that’s .50 a game. I play those with friends from time to time.

#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Yes if you want to play each other then yes you set up invites via the app and yes that’s .50 a game. I play those with friends from time to time.

I'll have my friends over and pay the .50 just to play some of the freaky Friday setups...it beats spending $5 at the bar..and the beer is way cheaper!

#1110 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

the beer is way cheaper

That and I don't have to drive anywhere is why I keep fun games here.

#1111 4 years ago

It's embarrassing that after buying their $4,000 machine they micro-transact you $.50 at a time. The only reason I can think of that they haven't moved to a new platform is that operators can barely justify the yearly update. Faced with a real bill or a burden, it would drive too many operators away from Golden Tee altogether.

This model of an overpriced 15 year old platform, and nickel and dining everyone to death won't last forever.

Quoted from nascarrey:

I'll have my friends over and pay the .50 just to play some of the freaky Friday setups

#1112 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's embarrassing that after buying their $4,000 machine they micro-transact you $.50 at a time

This model of an overpriced 15 year old platform, and nickel and dining everyone to death won't last forever.

100%!

#1113 4 years ago

Can you play Freaky Friday courses on the Home Edition now? If so, how do you find them?

#1114 4 years ago

So how’s the cheap Arcade1up home Golden Tee? I just picked one up under $200 on clearance and haven’t assembled it yet. Obviously it’s nothing like a commercial modern version but is it still reasonably fun?

#1115 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

So how’s the cheap Arcade1up home Golden Tee? I just picked one up under $200 on clearance and haven’t assembled it yet. Obviously it’s nothing like a commercial modern version but is it still reasonably fun?

I think it's all the original Golden Tee games. I always had fun with them on a multicade and its what made me eventually want a modern GT cabinet.

#1116 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Can you play Freaky Friday courses on the Home Edition now? If so, how do you find them?

I see them available when I go to play online. I haven't played them yet. What does a Freaky Friday course / event do?

#1117 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

I just got one too and put it together last night. The build quality is actually pretty good and I have enjoyed it so far. The ball and other controls are pretty damn good. It’s the miniature copy but not bad for the cash. It’s kinda cool in my little arcade so I’m glad I bought one. Now I want Star Wars!

#1118 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I just got one too and put it together last night. The build quality is actually pretty good and I have enjoyed it so far. The ball and other controls are pretty damn good. It’s the miniature copy but not bad for the cash. It’s kinda cool in my little arcade so I’m glad I bought one. Now I want Star Wars!

Going to be selling my arcade1up golden tee now that I have the 2020 home version, but the arcade1up Star Wars is definitely a keeper. I was worried about the yoke but if you treat it right it will treat you right in return. Being completely OCD I also picked up a repro arcade flight yoke from Alan-1 that I will likely install when I have more project time.

“He could destroy us...”

#1119 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I see them available when I go to play online. I haven't played them yet. What does a Freaky Friday course / event do?

The events are mini tournaments for like 15 people, $1.50 buy-in, and cash prizes for I wanna say the top 5 players. I’m in one of the few states where it’s not legal so I can’t join in on that, but seeing how far ahead most players are with the scoring, I didn’t realistically have a chance at winning any cash anyway

#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

There are 10 "freaky courses" but I don't think that's the same thing as the Freaky Friday event.

#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

There are 10 "freaky courses" but I don't think that's the same thing as the Freaky Friday event.

I think they are actually past freaky Friday courses that were available to play live......

#1122 4 years ago

GT Live enthusiasts wanted to throw this out there again. The rest of my inventory of GT "Live" and "Fore" cabinet conversion kits. I still have residual sales of about 6 to 8 a year just from past sales, without any advertising, and I am moving soon, so this stuff really needs to go to a new owner. All standing kits, probably 24 "Live" kits and 20 "Fore" kits, and the original mold that I had engineered. $7500.00 for the entire shooting match. 3 hour conversion from an upright to a pedestal.

ebay.com link: itm

ebay.com link: itm

Tom

#1123 4 years ago

Are there easter eggs in Golden Tee? I saw an alien in the forest the other day and thought it was cool-yet odd? Can you hit the aliens? I was like WTF is that?

#1124 4 years ago

Theres all kinds of hidden 'easter eggs' in GT. You can hit them and some of them make noise when you do.

If any of you new HE owners haven't checked out the fan page yet-make sure to do it.....lots of useful info on this website.

www.goldenteefan.com

Check out the Home Edition tab...

Heres the link to the page with some of the 'easter eggs' under the 'miscellaneous' tab.....scroll to the bottom of the page....

http://www.goldenteefan.com/category/miscellaneous/

1 week later
#1125 4 years ago

Sorry if this has been covered already, but I am thinking of a GT commercial machine for the man cave, because I would think the re-sale would be better if I ever decided to sell, BUT, GT stuff says the commercial game will not work in home or office.

What is up with that? Would it work at all?

As someone has stated the machine would need to be online to keep adjustments the same each game, but other than that I care less about my scores vs the world. I would want the machine to save my best scores though, like the GT games I currently play on the multicade.

Thanks in advance for any answers and tips!

#1126 4 years ago

You can buy one but it can not be online. Waste of money. No higher resale value imo. Go home unit and don’t look back.

#1127 4 years ago

I have (4) 3" Betson Imperial trackballs for sale $15.00 each plus shipping. They spin ok, but could use a rebuild.

#1128 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

GT stuff says the commercial game will not work in home or office. What is up with that? Would it work at all?

It will work fine and save the scores you put on that machine, but not your outfits, equipment, etc., and you won't be able to play against people online. I bought a commercial version and played it for months without issue until I decided to upgrade to the latest Home edition and bring it online.

#1129 4 years ago

Sorry if this has been covered already, but I am thinking of a GT commercial machine for the man cave, because I would think the re-sale would be better if I ever decided to sell, BUT, GT stuff says the commercial game will not work in home or office.
What is up with that? Would it work at all?
As someone has stated the machine would need to be online to keep adjustments the same each game, but other than that I care less about my scores vs the world. I would want the machine to save my best scores though, like the GT games I currently play on the multicade.
Thanks in advance for any answers and tips!

If you're that concerned about resale value, just source a spare #14 CID and use that one to activate a Home Edition game with the commercial cab. When the time comes to re-sell the game, put the original commercial CID, security chip & hard drive back in, and sell it.

Though I agree with the poster above - sales value isn't that much different. Not for a used game anyway.

#1130 4 years ago

Very hard to find. Very expensive to buy. Not worth it.

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

just source a spare #14 CID and use that one to activate a Home Edition

#1131 4 years ago

Thanks for all the advice. To avoid more questions I looked up the 2020 manuals.

In a few short weeks I plan to get the home edition, and not play online, until I get tired of all the wardrobe stuff, and ready to pay the 100 bucks a year to avoid that.

If I ever get decent at it I may would play online. At the moment I want to keep my scores private.

GT is a hell of a lot of fun!

#1132 4 years ago

Your scores are private online just lets you play invites and contests. It’s invaluable because you swipe in and your guy is all ready setup. You will have to set clubs and balls each time you play if you don’t and that can get old real quick. It sucks. You don’t want to play with stock clubs and balls.

#1133 4 years ago

Selecting clubs and balls is super quick and and easy. If you care about outfits that's a different story, lots of options and pages there.

Quoted from Gumby510:

You will have to set clubs and balls each time you play if you don’t and that can get old real quick

#1134 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Selecting clubs and balls is super quick and and easy. If you care about outfits that's a different story, lots of options and pages there.

Just cause it’s quick and easy doesn’t mean it doesn’t get old and annoying for every single game you start. I have special bags made up that have different clubs and spin types that aren’t in the bags you can choose.

#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Just cause it’s quick and easy doesn’t mean it doesn’t get old and annoying for every single game you start. I have special bags made up that have different clubs and spin types that aren’t in the bags you can choose.

I have 6 different 'build-a-bags' but recently im playing all the courses with Players Choice '20 and Grabbers.

Current HC is -26.10 about to reach 4K rounds played.

You can play 'stats' online and no one will see your scores.....
I enjoy playing contests, and seeing some of my fellow HE owners on the leader boards....
Lately ive been playing Real Time Rivals vs John Daly-the wind and green slopes are way easier than a contest setup.....finally got a -29, the -30 has still eluded me so far.

#1136 4 years ago

I've now owned my GoldenTee for almost two weeks and it's been a blast. The online features with player profiles and stats tracking are really nice. I've played probably 10 games offline and 30 online. I don't think I've played 40 games of pinball in two weeks in a long time. I'm sure I'll slow down but so far I'm having a great time. I had a few friends over last week who never played GoldenTee and now they are hooked.

My scores are not great but I've been happy to find out just how difficult online play can be. Default difficultly in offline mode is a 2 or 3 (can be adjusted) while I believe online is the highest at a 5.

#1137 4 years ago

The Phoenix Open is going on just down the street here, so it was cool to load up the same course on GT and have a go! Think I finished -11 which seemed very good for me lol

#1138 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't think I've played 40 games of pinball in two weeks in a long time. I'm sure I'll slow down but so far I'm having a great time. I had a few friends over last week who never played GoldenTee and now they are hooked.

Same here, on this multicade that has 18 courses.

That is why in a few weeks I am getting the real deal, with 74 courses and better graphics.

The pins are not going anywhere and they are covered.

#1139 4 years ago

Same here, on this multicade that has 18 courses.
That is why in a few weeks I am getting the real deal, with 74 courses and better graphics.
The pins are not going anywhere and they are covered.

Sweet. I think it's well worth it considering the number of courses and online options. The yearly upgrades can get pricey but they do come with 7 new 18 hole courses. I thought it was 5 courses but apparently two are released after the update comes out. The final 2020 update course is due to come out in March.

#1140 4 years ago

They stagger the release of the 2 'remastered' courses, along with new tee box positions throughout the year.

#1141 4 years ago

If anyone wants to try creating a new group for us and invite everyone here, we might be able to get some more invites going.

My neighbors and I are always looking for games we are 10-18 handicaps.

#1142 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

If anyone wants to try creating a new group for us and invite everyone here, we might be able to get some more invites going.
My neighbors and I are always looking for games we are 10-18 handicaps.

I would be up for that. My handicap is in that range. My only online play has been the contests and I don’t see a -30 in my future lol

#1143 4 years ago

Send any invites to gumby510 if you want to play for glory. I suck so I don’t like playing for money haha.

#1144 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

They stagger the release of the 2 'remastered' courses, along with new tee box positions throughout the year.

That's cool. When you said tee box positions does that mean the positions of the tee boxes changes throughout the year on the latest years courses?

#1145 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've now owned my GoldenTee for almost two weeks and it's been a blast. The online features with player profiles and stats tracking are really nice. I've played probably 10 games offline and 30 online. I don't think I've played 40 games of pinball in two weeks in a long time. I'm sure I'll slow down but so far I'm having a great time. I had a few friends over last week who never played GoldenTee and now they are hooked.
My scores are not great but I've been happy to find out just how difficult online play can be. Default difficultly in offline mode is a 2 or 3 (can be adjusted) while I believe online is the highest at a 5.

Hardest thing for me to get used to online is the wind and not being able to adjust the direction of my golfer the way you can offline

#1146 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's cool. When you said tee box positions does that mean the positions of the tee boxes changes throughout the year on the latest years courses?

Yes- in the past, par on a couple holes changed by a stroke due to the new tee placements. Some holes are easier, some are harder....

#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Hardest thing for me to get used to online is the wind and not being able to adjust the direction of my golfer the way you can offline

I just noticed the difference in direction adjustments the other day... At first was like "whoa!" how did I not see this before. Then realized I usually play online and happened to be offline that one day.

#1148 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Send any invites to gumby510 if you want to play for glory. I suck so I don’t like playing for money haha.

Tried to find you in the GT Caddy app but couldn't, anyone here can add me for fun/glory play though. Darkwing602. My handicap is like 1.8 so far so it should be great for your confidence hahaha

#1149 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Tried to find you in the GT Caddy app but couldn't, anyone here can add me for fun/glory play though. Darkwing602. My handicap is like 1.8 so far so it should be great for your confidence hahaha

I found you I think only darkwing from Arizona. Request sent.

#1150 4 years ago

Looks fun, but way overpriced in my view.

There are 3,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/23?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.