2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,124 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by nascarrey
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 158 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200114_193217 (resized).jpg
002 (resized).JPG
008 (resized).JPG
007 (resized).JPG
006 (resized).JPG
005 (resized).JPG
004 (resized).JPG
003 (resized).JPG
BA64F83D-DC91-4427-8A5A-7C84A20144F5 (resized).jpeg
20191115_170538 (resized).jpg
20191115_161540 (resized).jpg
20191017_195109 (resized).jpg
20191017_195115 (resized).jpg
20191001_141720 (resized).jpg
FREE (resized).jpg
GT699 (resized).png

There are 1124 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 23.
#1051 69 days ago

What price would you put on a 2018 pedestal in very nice shape?

#1052 68 days ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

$2700-3100, depending on commercial/home, TV and/or stand included or not.

#1053 68 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

$2700-3100, depending on commercial/home, TV and/or stand included or not.

Sounds about right...….

#1054 68 days ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

There's a guy on KLOV selling a mostly complete one for $1000 if you're willing to drive to Maryland.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=461106

#1055 68 days ago
Quoted from toastbot:

There's a guy on KLOV selling a mostly complete one for $1000 if you're willing to drive to Maryland.

Un-finished cut-down. Needs serious work.

#1056 68 days ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Not a bad deal for the guts......not a fan of those cut down cabinets though......

#1057 68 days ago

Officially joining the GT club today. Can't wait to get it online and play some rounds

20191115_161540 (resized).jpg20191115_170538 (resized).jpg
#1058 67 days ago
Quoted from bcfast:

Officially joining the GT club today. Can't wait to get it online and play some rounds[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#1059 64 days ago

Archived after 18 days
Sold elsewhere
Other - For Sale
“2020 home online edition. Huo. Game is in nice shape. Plays perfect. 2020 update just showed up.”
2019-11-20
Edgemoor, DE
3,000 (OBO)

#1060 63 days ago

After the 2020 upgrade, anyway to get the course records back?

All my course records on the HE are gone.

#1061 62 days ago
Quoted from pinden007:

After the 2020 upgrade, anyway to get the course records back?
All my course records on the HE are gone.

Nope. Last years update saved old course records-this years did not.

#1062 62 days ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Nope. Last years update saved old course records-this years did not.

That sucks.

#1063 62 days ago

Plus, offline folks don’t get any of the player customizations.

Between the tech being so old and them nickel and dimeing you to death, i don’t think I’m going to invest any more money into GT.

2 weeks later
#1064 45 days ago

Other - For Sale
“Golden Tee Arcade Home Edition 2019 $3150 OBO for pedestal only. (normally $3800 + tax) Or $3600 OBO for everything including: Factory TV stand LED lighted Marquee Samsung 55" 4...”
9 days ago
Livermore, CA
3,150 (OBO)

#1065 40 days ago

Anyone want a perfect solution kit? No idea if it works. No idea if it’s complete. If you see something missing let me know I probably have it. $100. Pickup only right near near Denver.

BA64F83D-DC91-4427-8A5A-7C84A20144F5 (resized).jpeg
#1066 39 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Anyone want a perfect solution kit? No idea if it works. No idea if it’s complete. If you see something missing let me know I probably have it. $100. Pickup only right near near Denver.[quoted image]

I'd be willing to pay for shipping!

#1067 39 days ago

If it doesn’t sell by Monday it’s yours. I found a couple buttons that go with it as well.

Quoted from Chynnalou:

I'd be willing to pay for shipping

#1068 39 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If it doesn’t sell by Monday it’s yours. I found a couple buttons that go with it as well.

Ok, sounds good.

1 week later
#1069 32 days ago
Quoted from TZBen:

my interest is growing for this game. I love pinball and am a big golfer (in real life). When I watch people play on youtube putting seems super easy, almost a gimme shot. Is that the case? seems like they take no time lining up a put and sinking it.

This has always been my concern buying a Goldentee. I wish there was a more realistic difficulty setting in the game. However, I've come to realize that Goldentee is intended to offer an arcade experience versus simulation. Kinda like how Crusin USA and the Burnout driving games are not racing sims but still a blast to play. If GoldenTee was a golf sim it likely wouldn't be as popular. A setting to increase slope on greens would be cool to see as that one change would add more difficulty to the game and still retain the core game.

I've watched some of the GoldenTee champion streams where people are shooting crazy low scores. However, every once in a while even the top Goldentee players mess up while putting.

I've contacted a couple distributors about ordering a new pedestal GoldenTee 2020 cabinet. Getting prices from $3,600 - $4k shipped.

#1070 32 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This has always been my concern buying a Goldentee. I wish there was a more realistic difficulty setting in the game. However, I've come to realize that Goldentee is intended to offer an arcade experience versus simulation. Kinda like how Crusin USA and the Burnout driving games are not racing sims but still a blast to play. If GoldenTee was a golf sim it likely wouldn't be as popular. A setting to increase slope on greens would be cool to see as that one change would add more difficulty to the game and still retain the core game.
I've watched some of the GoldenTee champion streams where people are shooting crazy low scores. However, every once in a while even the top Goldentee players mess up while putting.
I've contacted a couple distributors about ordering a new pedestal GoldenTee 2020 cabinet. Getting prices from $3,600 - $4k shipped.

Golden tee is all about the crazy recovery shots, hitting par 5’s in two and it is super arcade, but totally deeeep. I love Golden Tee

#1071 32 days ago

Have a pedestal conversion with all wiring and buttons. No computer IO or CID board. It has a monitor mount that can be removed if so desired. Located in New City NY 10956. Easy ground level pick up. Asking $450.00

002 (resized).JPG003 (resized).JPG004 (resized).JPG005 (resized).JPG006 (resized).JPG007 (resized).JPG008 (resized).JPG
#1072 31 days ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Golden tee is all about the crazy recovery shots, hitting par 5’s in two and it is super arcade, but totally deeeep. I love Golden Tee

That sounds like fun! $3600 - $4k isn't cheap but 80+ courses with a ton of options sounds more appealing at the moment compared to an $8k - $10k NIB pin that never changes and may have playfield issues.

#1073 31 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That sounds like fun! $3600 - $4k isn't cheap but 80+ courses with a ton of options sounds more appealing at the moment compared to an $8k - $10k NIB pin that never changes and may have playfield issues.

Guy on craigslist from Roseville mi. 2020 pedestals for $2200.00.

#1074 31 days ago
Quoted from Chynnalou:

Guy on craigslist from Roseville mi. 2020 pedestals for $2200.00.

Yeah, I've seen those. $2,800 but they look like games cut down from a pedestal cabinet, or a custom build. The games may have older used hardware from multiple systems that has been upgraded to 2020 software. Many of the cabinets look similar but have some differences in the way they are built. Also would be worried that I may not be able to upgrade to next years software if the software used is a cloned image or something. At that point I feel like I might as well pay $800 for a new official cabinet.

detroit.craigslist.org link

#1075 31 days ago

The two concerns I’d have about buying a golden tee today is that it’s due for a major platform upgrade/bump/revision, and every year it seems they nickel you do death harder and harder.

It would suck to spend $3,800 on a new machine just to have a major platform change you have to / want to upgrade to next year.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This has always been my concern buying a Goldentee.

#1076 31 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The two concerns I’d have about buying a golden tee today is that it’s due for a major platform upgrade/bump/revision, and every year it seems they nickel you do death harder and harder.
It would suck to spend $3,800 on a new machine just to have a major platform change you have to / want to upgrade to next year.

Yeah that's a good point and one I've been thinking about as well. GoldenTee 4K or something. I'm sure there will be a hardware upgrade path for existing owners but I wouldn't be surprised if the cost is in the $1k - $1500 range. Then again, GoldenTee was due for a hardware / platform upgrade 5 years ago and here we are. I thought GoldenTee 2020 would have the year to introduce a new platform but nope. Things could go the way they have been for another 5 years.

#1077 31 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, I've seen those. $2,800 but they look like games cut down from a pedestal cabinet, or a custom build. The games may have older used hardware from multiple systems that has been upgraded to 2020 software. Many of the cabinets look similar but have some differences in the way they are built. Also would be worried that I may not be able to upgrade to next years software if the software used is a cloned image or something. At that point I feel like I might as well pay $800 for a new official cabinet.

Correct , those use older nighthawk CPU’s.

When buying GT, just buy direct from IT. You can’t go wrong. A great value, as you will probably get your money’s worth. Can always sell them 2nd hand for about 2-2500 if you get bored of them.

#1078 30 days ago

Reach out to Gexchange for a price on a new ped, I believe he's helped other pinsiders purchase before..

On another note, got my first Ultra shot this week at the bar (usually play a few there every week)

#1079 30 days ago

After digging I can't find the answer....someone may be able to help...

1. What year did they somewhat change the putting view? I remember reading somewhere that when the ball was closer to the hole it would zoom in or follow the ball close up? Was it the same year that a 1 GB RAM stick was required?

2. I have an older double monitor cabinet. The second monitor currently displays Nantz , other commentators, and Sobe during the game. Anyone have/had a newish version 2014 to current with a dual monitor setup....what, if anything, is displayed on the top monitor? Is it even supported with the newer versions? Have watched YouTube vids and can't seem to get the answer. Yes I know most are doing pedestals....but there has to be someone who knows. Thanks.

#1080 30 days ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

After digging I can't find the answer....someone may be able to help...
1. What year did they somewhat change the putting view? I remember reading somewhere that when the ball was closer to the hole it would zoom in or follow the ball close up? Was it the same year that a 1 GB RAM stick was required?
2. I have an older double monitor cabinet. The second monitor currently displays Nantz , other commentators, and Sobe during the game. Anyone have/had a newish version 2014 to current with a dual monitor setup....what, if anything, is displayed on the top monitor? Is it even supported with the newer versions? Have watched YouTube vids and can't seem to get the answer. Yes I know most are doing pedestals....but there has to be someone who knows. Thanks.

I started out with 2008. updated in 2013 and then every year after. My second monitor displays the same as main monitor. As for your putting question. I believe you have to hit the fly-by button while ball is rolling.

#1081 26 days ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

When buying GT, just buy direct from IT. You can’t go wrong. A great value, as you will probably get your money’s worth. Can always sell them 2nd hand for about 2-2500 if you get bored of them.

Thanks for the tips. Yeah I played one of the cabinet below at a bar last night and could tell it wasn't an official GoldenTee cabinet.

1 week later
#1082 14 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks for the tips. Yeah I played one of the cabinet below at a bar last night and could tell it wasn't an official GoldenTee cabinet.

That’s my machine pictured and it is a legit IT cab. Just doesn’t have a monitor bracket. Also the others in Roseville are mine too, fully upgradable, new mother boards, with warranty. Some of mine are cut downs by a professional who has done 500+ Of these, for all our local ops. Those are the ones that have the golf ball on a tee on the sides of the cabinets (in between the new routed melamine) They are mainly the only cabinets you’ll see in Michigan as they are much more stable than the IT cabinets when you drive, and we just prefer them. But I do have 2020 full 1 year warranty machines for $2500. I prefer our style machines that are cut downs for a few reasons, but they are just as reliable and in my case 90% of mine get new motherboards which is all that matters when they come back in to sell or service.

#1083 14 days ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Incorrect. All my games for sale come with new hardware aka new motherboards. Not that it matters much when they are 50-100$ on the open market for a new motherboard. I also include a year warranty and free lifetime repairs for the cost of parts.

#1084 14 days ago
Quoted from ElectricCircuit:

Incorrect. All my games for sale come with new hardware aka new motherboards. Not that it matters much when they are 50-100$ on the open market for a new motherboard. I also include a year warranty and free lifetime repairs for the cost of parts.

New GPU's as well?

#1085 14 days ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

New GPU's as well?

Of course 1080p with sound. I have used some refurbished cards before. hdmi 1080p cards hardly fail. Maybe 1 of 100 they aren’t the issue on golden tees when they die. Normally bad hard drives, a capacitor, ram, something like that. Now if the card is 10 years old then I have seen those fail plenty but not the newer 1080p stuff.

I don’t have speakers in my cabinets so they all need 1080p cards with sound.

#1086 14 days ago

Most people that buy my games just find it more valuable to have someone that god forbid something happens they will come to their house and repair the unit or walk them through on the phone what to do. Also if you go through IT for repairs it’s crazy. They want like $1000 for a core swap when you almost always have only (1) of these that’s bad: ram, power supply, hard drive, motherboard, and sometimes possibly the graphics card. Nothing there should cost more than $200 and more times should cost closer to $100 or less

#1087 13 days ago

I have been playing 2020, the new courses are a blast. Of course when you get a new game you play it a TON. We have Golden Tee 2020 home editions in stock now! Join the club!

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#1088 12 days ago
Quoted from ElectricCircuit:

That’s my machine pictured and it is a legit IT cab. Just doesn’t have a monitor bracket. Also the others in Roseville are mine too, fully upgradable, new mother boards, with warranty. Some of mine are cut downs by a professional who has done 500+ Of these, for all our local ops. Those are the ones that have the golf ball on a tee on the sides of the cabinets (in between the new routed melamine) They are mainly the only cabinets you’ll see in Michigan as they are much more stable than the IT cabinets when you drive, and we just prefer them. But I do have 2020 full 1 year warranty machines for $2500. I prefer our style machines that are cut downs for a few reasons, but they are just as reliable and in my case 90% of mine get new motherboards which is all that matters when they come back in to sell or service.

That's good to know, thanks for the information.

I have an opportunity to grab an open box (used just for a weekend at a show) Golden Tee 2020 home edition cabinet in the low $3k's so think I'm going to jump on that.

#1089 12 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's good to know, thanks for the information.
I have an opportunity to grab an open box (used just for a weekend at a show) Golden Tee 2020 home edition cabinet in the low $3k's so think I'm going to jump on that.

Going to setup some private matches so we can play then? I’m not anywhere near the YouTube players, I’m happy to come in under par haha. I think I’ve finished -7 before and was totally stoked. And of course my only hole in one so far was on the CTTP mode so it didn’t add to my online stats lol...

#1090 12 days ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Going to setup some private matches so we can play then? I’m not anywhere near the YouTube players, I’m happy to come in under par haha. I think I’ve finished -7 before and was totally stoked. And of course my only hole in one so far was on the CTTP mode so it didn’t add to my online stats lol...

Sounds good! -7 sounds way better then any of the times I've played at a bar haha. I'll post back here when I get everything setup in the next week or two. I just setup my account and requested a player card.

With the home version do you need to buy a keypad to sync your player card or can you just enter your pin and or phone number using the trackball? Can multiple players on the same game sign in using separate accounts?

#1091 12 days ago

My home version came with a number pad attached to the back of the unit. Each player should be able to login with their own ID. My golfer is totally rocking some rad neon high tops and an 8bit putter

#1092 11 days ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

My home version came with a number pad attached to the back of the unit. Each player should be able to login with their own ID. My golfer is totally rocking some rad neon high tops and an 8bit putter

Great to know, thanks! I checked and did confirm mine comes with a number of pad. That's great to hear each player can login with their own ID. I created an account for myself and another one for my wife. The stat tracking and tournament stuff all sounds really cool.

#1093 8 days ago

Have officially joined the club! Haven't turned it on yet but nearly finished getting everything ready.
20200114_193217 (resized).jpg

#1094 8 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Have officially joined the club! Haven't turned it on yet but nearly finished getting everything ready.

Congrats! thinking about getting one

#1095 8 days ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

This is wrong, The newer versions of GT will not run correctly on older version of GT. You may see the same case for the system but the hardware inside is different, mobo, video card etc...

#1096 8 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah that's a good point and one I've been thinking about as well. GoldenTee 4K or something. I'm sure there will be a hardware upgrade path for existing owners but I wouldn't be surprised if the cost is in the $1k - $1500 range. Then again, GoldenTee was due for a hardware / platform upgrade 5 years ago and here we are. I thought GoldenTee 2020 would have the year to introduce a new platform but nope. Things could go the way they have been for another 5 years.

There has been many hardware changes through out the years with GT live with the mobo, video card etc,, From the very beginning of GT live so this will be nothing different. You are seeing the same cases with multiple upgrades in hardware. So if you upgrade through IT it probably will be that much to upgrade, But if you go outside the box and source the parts out its a fraction of that cost to upgrade.

#1097 8 days ago

If you upgrade the video card just make sure you use the exact manufacturer/model/everything as what they put in the production units. Once I saw Linux doing an auto update on boot up, including nvidia drivers, this became extremely clear

#1098 6 days ago

There is a good chance that later this year I will be in the GT club.

A month ago I had never seen the game. A friend was over messing around with this multicade I had picked up, and I watched him play a round of GT 3d.

Now, me and my girlfriend never play any pins, just GT. This machine has 97, 98, 99, y2k, 3d, and classic. And 2 other ones the graphics looks primitive so we have never tried them. Each one has 3 courses, so we have been rotating 18 courses and have not got used to much yet. A few scenes are starting to look familiar, but enough variety so far.

Used to be every night my girlfriend would ask which pin are we playing tonight. Now she only asks if we are playing GT tonight, so yeah, with all the courses available on a real GT, and pins not getting played, I can see in the future a pin out the door and a GT in house.

One concern though to me would be it being online. Does it have to be online? With all the hackers and this and that these days I am just not sure about that part of it.

I mean yeah, if down the road I make some friends here and we want to compete online that is cool. But my question is can the game be played fine offline?

I did skip to the last page, but later I will go back and read everything, so sorry in advance if a post like this has already been answered 100s of times.

#1099 6 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

There is a good chance that later this year I will be in the GT club.
A month ago I had never seen the game. A friend was over messing around with this multicade I had picked up, and I watched him play a round of GT 3d.
Now, me and my girlfriend never play any pins, just GT. This machine has 97, 98, 99, y2k, 3d, and classic. And 2 other ones the graphics looks primitive so we have never tried them. Each one has 3 courses, so we have been rotating 18 courses and have not got used to much yet. A few scenes are starting to look familiar, but enough variety so far.
Used to be every night my girlfriend would ask which pin are we playing tonight. Now she only asks if we are playing GT tonight, so yeah, with all the courses available on a real GT, and pins not getting played, I can see in the future a pin out the door and a GT in house.
One concern though to me would be it being online. Does it have to be online? With all the hackers and this and that these days I am just not sure about that part of it.
I mean yeah, if down the road I make some friends here and we want to compete online that is cool. But my question is can the game be played fine offline?
I did skip to the last page, but later I will go back and read everything, so sorry in advance if a post like this has already been answered 100s of times.

Sweet! I did the same thing, have a multicade and played the older GoldenTee's on it and eventually wanted a dedicated GT cabinet with the latest courses. I've had my 2020 game setup for two days now and it's an absolute blast. If you enjoy playing the older GT games on a multicade then I think you will be blown away by how the latest 2020 version plays. The graphics are not PS4 / XBOX One level but still look fairly decent on a modern 4K TV.

You can play the game offline but I would recommend getting the $100 12 month online subscription at some point as it makes the game more rewarding in my opinion. The subscription allows you to create player profiles, track stats, and compete online. You and your girlfriend could each have your own profile and play online together. You can play online and not play against anyone, it will just track your stats. Without the online subscription player stats cannot be tracked. Also, you can customize your golfer on the mobile app, view stats, view world ranking, etc.

One thing that has surprised me the most is how difficult (in a good way) the game can play. I was worried that the game would be too easy but glad to find out I was wrong. It also helps that I suck right now lol. Tonight I found out that the game does have different difficulty settings and that online play is set to a harder difficulty setting versus playing casually offline.

#1100 6 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

...But my question is can the game be played fine offline?

Absolutely.
Just like on your mame cab.
Up to 4 players can play all of the available courses offline in "casual" mode. This includes 18 holes, closest to the pin, skins, and against "real time rivals" mode. All are very fun.
You will have to outfit your players with clubs, balls, and clothing each time you play (if you don't want to use the defaults). No individual stats will be saved, other than your initials.

No online tournaments or events. No wagers.

Rant time...
After playing online for the first year I let my subscription expire. I only play offline now. IMO the $100 yearly fee plus the $.50 per game fee is a total rip off. Especially because you can't play a real time game with others who are also logged in.

My personal prediction is that IT will completely change it's format within a couple years. They absolutely need to get with current technology and allow multiple people to play games/tournaments online in REAL TIME. If countless video games and phone apps can do it then GT should be able to do it too.
Not to mention they NEED better graphics. 4K video runs great on a $400 PS4 but not on a $4000 GT? Give me a break..

Nick

Ha! Panzer beat me to it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 17.00
$ 9,099.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 36.99
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 59.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
There are 1124 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside