17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 74.
#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Great, just double checking. Just bought this guy for $2,600. Upgrading from my Fore Cmplete.

What year has it been updated to?

#1002 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

What year has it been updated to?

By the looks of the marquee, I'd bet 2019

#1003 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

By the looks of the marquee, I'd bet 2019

Doh! Was looking at the screens!

#1004 4 years ago

Can you get out of the deal? That’s way too much for that cab.

Quoted from PokerJake:

Great, just double checking. Just bought this guy for $2,600. Upgrading from my Fore Cmplete.

#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Sold one for $2500 earlier this summer. It's on the high end, but it's fine.

#1006 4 years ago

Sold one for $2500 earlier this summer. It's on the high end, but it's fine.

What’s a fair price? I’m looking for a golden tee but not sure what model to get.

#1007 4 years ago

Price are all over the board. Expect to pay $3K+ for a decent pedestal running current software. As far as the older uprights are concerned, $1500-$2500 would be OK, depending on software version, and cab condition. The CRT monitors in those uprights are dogs and should be swapped with a 28" LCD display as soon as possible.

#1008 4 years ago
Quoted from Slips:

What’s a fair price? I’m looking for a golden tee but not sure what model to get.

I'm looking at lower end models (98-2003) and am seeing about $200-$400 as being the price they are actually selling for. I can't speak to newer stuff, but I saw a 2016 go for $1600 on facebook recently. I'm primarily checking craigslist and facebook marketplace but we are likely hunting 2 different animals.

#1009 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

2 different animals.

Yes.

"Golden Tee Live" - which uses the Nighthawk-based computer system - is a very different animal than previous versions of the game.

#1010 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I love the cab better than the pedestal design. I've been looking for a while and couldn't find anything below 3k for 2019, so I think it's a very fair price, if not great. Also sold my Fore Complete to pay for a chunk of it.

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I was thinking the same thing.....but as long as youre happy, that's all that matters!

I never had an issue playing on a cab, but some peeps do....

I've seen 2 HE pedestals for sale on FB for $2500 and under in the past week...they come up every so often...

Pedestal is so much easier to move...…..imo

#1012 4 years ago

Price are all over the board. Expect to pay $3K+ for a decent pedestal running current software. As far as the older uprights are concerned, $1500-$2500 would be OK, depending on software version, and cab condition. The CRT monitors in those uprights are dogs and should be swapped with a 28" LCD display as soon as possible.

How would you convert it to LCD?

#1013 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

How would you convert it to LCD?

Here's how I did it in a Fore! cabinet I recently upgraded.

#1014 4 years ago

Here's how I did it in a Fore! cabinet I recently upgraded.

Thanks, how are you powering it and did that monitor take vga or hdmi?

#1015 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Thanks, how are you powering it and did that monitor take vga or hdmi?

HDMI. The monitor turns on when the cabinet power button supplies power to the 6-way power strip inside the game.

#1016 4 years ago

For most people, the pedestal is the way to go. One problem with buying a 2019 upright for $2,500 is that a new unit is $1,200 more. For the $1,200 you are getting 2020 which is $400 I believe. You are getting a new style pedestal which is much easier to lug and much nicer to have. Also, on a new unit, you are getting a warranty, which for IT stuff can come in handy for sure. You have to buy a TV, but they are dirt cheap and the monitor in that upright is garbage. My GT runs on a 50" TV I bought new for $219 at target. 1/2 that on craigslist. Swapping and dealing with an arcade monitor and trying to hack in an LCD is a pain in the ass at best.

But really, the main problem with spending $2,500 on an upright is that it can be had fairly easily for $500-$1,000 less. No doubt people here have sold uprights for $2,500, but that doesn't mean you can buy one for $1,500 relatively easily.

Quoted from Slips:

#1017 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

For most people, the pedestal is the way to go. One problem with buying a 2019 upright for $2,500 is that a new unit is $1,200 more. For the $1,200 you are getting 2020 which is $400 I believe. You are getting a new style pedestal which is much easier to lug and much nicer to have. Also, on a new unit, you are getting a warranty, which for IT stuff can come in handy for sure. You have to buy a TV, but they are dirt cheap and the monitor in that upright is garbage. My GT runs on a 50" TV I bought new for $219 at target. 1/2 that on craigslist. Swapping and dealing with an arcade monitor and trying to hack in an LCD is a pain in the ass at best.
But really, the main problem with spending $2,500 on an upright is that it can be had fairly easily for $500-$1,000 less. No doubt people here have sold uprights for $2,500, but that doesn't mean you can buy one for $1,500 relatively easily.

It's $4k for a new pedestal without stand or tv. You're saving atleast $1500 with a cab. The stand is $300 and a tv is going to run $300 so saving more like $2000.

#1018 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

It's $4k for a new pedestal without stand or tv. You're saving atleast $1500 with a cab. The stand is $300 and a tv is going to run $300 so saving more like $2000.

I was just going to say the same thing.

#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

To me the price difference is marginal for what you are getting. The graphics and colors on a 50" HDTV are superb and the older GT's graphics seem old school and fuzzy compared to the new version. I have older versions of GT on MAME and it just is not the same. I was hesitant spending almost the same amount on GT as on a new pinball machine but I am glad I did. The family is loving it!

I would like to make a custom marque with Caddyshack that says Golden Tee(without a year) in the middle with same font. If anyone can help with photoshop?
Caddyshack..jpgCaddyshack..jpgCaddyshack.pngCaddyshack.pngGolden Tee logo.pngGolden Tee logo.png

#1020 4 years ago

Just got my invoice for 2020 update. It went up to $699??? WTF!

#1021 4 years ago

Home edition? Are you upgrading from 2019 to 2020, or from an older version?

#1022 4 years ago

HE from 2019 to 2020.

The order form on IT's website for last years update confirms last years update (2018 to 2019) was $399.

#1023 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

HE from 2019 to 2020.
The order form on IT's website for last years update confirms last years update (2018 to 2019) was $399.

That better not be the case. If they bombed the price 175% from last year's update price, they can kiss my ass. I'll drop them like a hot potato.

#1024 4 years ago

I am thinking the same thing....i'd expect some increase but not almost double.....

GT699 (resized).pngGT699 (resized).png
#1025 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I am thinking the same thing....i'd expect some increase but not almost double.....[quoted image]

Sounds like part of your message is cut off on the right side. The actual selling price is lower - scroll right I'm being told.

#1026 4 years ago

The column that's cut off is the 'extended price' column which has the amount of $0.00 in it currently.

#1027 4 years ago

I think I figured it out...its a $0.00 invoice because I won one of the free updates!

FREE (resized).jpgFREE (resized).jpg
#1028 4 years ago

How does that work? Didn’t know you could win an update?

#1029 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

They did an event just a few weeks back called "The summer swing" where if you played all of the courses in the event you were entered in a chance to win a free 2020 update.

#1030 4 years ago

Had some friends over to drink some New Castle and play some Golden Tee. It was a huge hit and the guest loved it! It did start to get a little dirty...."You need to stroke it hard left-and give it some bite!" "You need to stroke it hard-if you want it to make it into the hole!" I felt like Quagmire for a minute

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Heres the IT page.

https://livewire.itsgames.com/

To all the new members of the GT HE club, read previous posts in this thread, I have posted links to the buy/sell groups and the FB GT pages.

#1032 4 years ago

That better not be the case. If they bombed the price 175% from last year's update price, they can kiss my ass. I'll drop them like a hot potato.

Ordered the upgrade from 19 to 20 today for $399.

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I think I figured it out...its a $0.00 invoice because I won one of the free updates![quoted image]

You lucky dawg!

#1034 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Ordered the upgrade from 19 to 20 today for $399.

From where?

#1035 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

From where?

Directly from Kelsey at IT. This is for the HE.

#1036 4 years ago

I'm looking for a Golden Tee live edition, ideally the pedestal or the mini cabinet with the 27" or 32" screen. I am in northwest PA. If it helps or any interest I have a dedicated Ms. Pacman arcade game I could put towards trade plus cash. Thanks

#1037 4 years ago

I just picked up my GT from the shipper. It's giving me this error when pressing start to start a game. It allows me to go through the menus without issues.

20191001_141720 (resized).jpg20191001_141720 (resized).jpg
#1038 4 years ago

May be a loose USB @ the small input/output board or PC.

Unless the IO board has no power or some other random loose connection.

#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

May be a loose USB @ the small input/output board or PC.
Unless the IO board has no power or some other random loose connection.

Reseated all of the connections on the board and working now. In about 5 rounds had 3 double eagles and 2 hole in one's. I still remember most of the courses from 07-09. I set the difficulty at 4 out of 5.

2 weeks later
#1040 4 years ago

I installed a new processor in my golden tee and now it does this. Just displays disconnect on the screen. I put the old one back in and still does it. The led on the motherboard is green but nothing boots. No power supply fan or anything.

20191017_195109 (resized).jpg20191017_195109 (resized).jpg20191017_195115 (resized).jpg20191017_195115 (resized).jpg
#1041 4 years ago

Have they started shipping out 2020 software update yet?

2 weeks later
#1042 4 years ago

Got my update today!

#1043 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Got my update today!

In the mail, right?

#1045 4 years ago

My update is on it's way so I have been trying to get my fill of 2019 version.

-Question: Can you add Power Putt to Golden Tee and if so how much is it? -Thanks

#1046 4 years ago

You can add it, I sold a kit for $600 a few weeks ago, the 13 course version. The caveat is that you also need another nighthawk w/ the perfect solution switcher... unless you go the offline route.

I actually have an extra nighthawk and a perfect solution switcher I'd sell. But I have to test the switcher as a brief attempt to get it working didn't pan out.

Quoted from pinmister:

My update is on it's way so I have been trying to get my fill of 2019 version.
-Question: Can you add Power Putt to Golden Tee and if so how much is it? -Thanks

#1047 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I sold a kit for $600 a few weeks ago, the 13 course version

Does it only have 13 courses? Does it update every year? Does it get old quick-seems like a lot of coin for putting game software?

#1048 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You can add it, I sold a kit for $600 a few weeks ago, the 13 course version. The caveat is that you also need another nighthawk w/ the perfect solution switcher... unless you go the offline route.
I actually have an extra nighthawk and a perfect solution switcher I'd sell. But I have to test the switcher as a brief attempt to get it working didn't pan out.

I've been looking for a 13 course Power Putt. Interested if he is not.

#1049 4 years ago

I have everything except the power putt kit, I only had the one.

Powerputt stopped in 2013 I believe. 13 courses is the max.

I guess it’s expensive, but it’s AWESOME. Especially the raw talk.

If you aren’t online and never will be, consider the offline version.

Quoted from Chynnalou:

I've been looking for a 13 course Power Putt. Interested if he is not.

#1050 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If your Perfect Solutions switcher isn't working, I might be interested in the wiring harness. I have one sans wiring.

There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.