17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 74.
#951 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Maybe... but I am a 1 man scramble on this game. 22-32 under most games. Are you thinking maybe getting to 40 under with a scramble?

The guys I play with, and myself, are between 8 and 14 handicap (before alcohol consumption). So with those scores and [lack of] ability it would still be fun, competitive, and entertaining.

For a player already shooting better than 20 under on their own, not so much.

1 week later
#952 4 years ago

Golden Tee 2020 courses announced! No graphical update this year, will remain on same hardware.

https://livewire.itsgames.com/news?tags=Golden+Tee+2020

#953 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No graphical update this year, will remain on same hardware.

I've been looking through the Livewire site, and I don't see the info that confirms your claim that the hardware isn't changing for next year. Where did you get that info?

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I've been looking through the Livewire site, and I don't see the info that confirms your claim that the hardware isn't changing for next year. Where did you get that info?

Here it is

#955 4 years ago

That link just takes you the Livewire news page. I've read through all the news stories since July 1st (when 2020 was announced) and I don't see the info.

1 week later
#956 4 years ago

I took it upon myself to just call I.T. directly and speak to their tech support team. They confirmed to me verbally that the platform for next year is not changing.

#957 4 years ago

I took it upon myself to just call I.T. directly and speak to their tech support team. They confirmed to me verbally that the platform for next year is not changing.

I saw that posted in the Golden Tee homeowners FB page yesterday……. I think some people are already getting renewal notices! GT 2020 is not far away....

#958 4 years ago

Never posted any before an after photos of my Kit, but wanted folks to see. Have yet to have a dissatisfied customer. This is a "Live" cabinet kit, but I have "Fore" cabinet conversion kits also. Here is a link to Ebay, but for anybody on this forum, I will sell "Live" kit for $450.00 to $475.00 shipped, and "Fore" kit for $525.00 to $550.00 shipped (Oversized box, lower price is East Of Mississippi, $25.00 more West).

ebay.com link: Golden T Cabinet Conversion Kit LIVE And FORE Also Works For Silver Strike
Thanks,
Tom
GT Conversion Before (resized).pngGT Conversion Before (resized).pngGT conversion 2 (resized).jpgGT conversion 2 (resized).jpgGT Conversion 1 (resized).jpgGT Conversion 1 (resized).jpg

#959 4 years ago

I have new golden tee’s in the box if anyone is interested PM me.

A3522D4C-9C81-42DB-9784-933F5BB2C22C (resized).jpegA3522D4C-9C81-42DB-9784-933F5BB2C22C (resized).jpeg
#960 4 years ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

I have new golden tee’s in the box if anyone is interested PM me.[quoted image]

Picked one up from Gary at Abelelectronics...great distro...deal with confidence. Thanks, Gary.

#961 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I saw that posted in the Golden Tee homeowners FB page yesterday……. I think some people are already getting renewal notices! GT 2020 is not far away....

For reals?

Like via email?

#962 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

For reals?
Like via email?

Yeppers...

Playing much lately Chris? Or have you been teaching the little man to play GT?

#964 4 years ago

Grand Teton looks okay, but the other two and overall kinda meh.

#965 4 years ago

NiB Golden Tee’s in stock if interested.
5941F9A2-8085-4D8E-9C9F-28F79497557F (resized).jpeg5941F9A2-8085-4D8E-9C9F-28F79497557F (resized).jpeg

#966 4 years ago

I am in the market to purchase a 2020 model when available.

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am in the market to purchase a 2020 model when available.

We will soon be offering free upgrade kits to 2020, so give my a shout when you are ready.

Greg

#969 4 years ago

Guys I have a 2019 upgrade kit available for a great price if you have a 2018

#970 4 years ago

The free upgrade hasn't been offered by I.T. in a very long time. Not sure about distributors, however.

^ Free upgrade to 2020 from the dist above!

#971 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

^ Free upgrade to 2020 from the dist above!

Assuming you purchase a 2019 machine from them, NIB.

#972 4 years ago

Assuming you purchase a 2019 machine from them, NIB.

Buying NIB would be the ONLY way to obtain a 'free 2020 upgrade'.

1 week later
#973 4 years ago

Here's a DUMB question , I thought the 2019 home edition had 67 courses . How do I access them .

15655624540331565397372627220658 (resized).jpg15655624540331565397372627220658 (resized).jpg
#975 4 years ago
Quoted from goodtimes:

Here's a DUMB question , I thought the 2019 home edition had 67 courses . How do I access them .[quoted image]

Just plug in the game, send an HDMI cord from the unit to the TV and you're good to go.

#976 4 years ago
Quoted from goodtimes:

Here's a DUMB question , I thought the 2019 home edition had 67 courses . How do I access them .[quoted image]

Offline play- you're good to go!

#977 4 years ago

Got 30 courses. Thanks I'll call IT tech support, " yea I turned it on "

1 week later
#978 4 years ago

How does it work if you buy a 2019 with 2020 software? Do you get to enjoy both 2019 and 2020 or do you have to pay for each monthly? Does the 2019 eventually expire? Trying to figure out how it works, getting ready to pull the trigger

Also does it matter if you buy commercial v.s. home use when buying a GT? I know when it comes to pinball a home use machine is practically worthless and impossible to try and resale. Should I buy a commercial unit or home? Is the monthly fee for commercial significantly more?

#979 4 years ago

It's not the same as pins. The software inside a GT is the same hard drive regardless of whether or not it's a commercial or home edition. It's the security chip that tells the hard drive what version of the software to boot when the game is turned on.

You cannot operate a commercial live machine online at home, due to the fact that I.T. needs you to "register" the machine with them as an operator with an operator agreement. You also need a commercial live security chip, and a Cabinet ID device (CID) that is available for activation as a commercial live unit.

A home edition machine requires registration with I.T. as well to be online, but there is no revenue agreement operator paperwork required to activate a home edition machine online. You do, however, need a home edition security chip (not the same as a commercial live chip) and a CID that has been "activated" as a home edition CID with I.T.'s servers. Once you activate a CID as a home edition machine, there's no going back. That CID cannot be used as a commercial live unit again.

This is why you can buy a commercial unit used and bring it home and run home edition on it. I.T. simply sends you a home edition security chip, and you call them when you're ready to activate your CID as a home edition. They "flip the switch" on the CID on their end, and you connect your machine to an ethernet cable and *boom* your commercial live machine has now been converted into a home edition machine.

Of course, this means that the coin mech and the dollar bill acceptor on your once-commercial machine are now pretty much useless, as you cannot use a home edition machine for revenue earnings - it's set to free play automatically by the security chip. That's why brand new home edition machines ship without a coin vault - they don't (and can't) use them.

#980 4 years ago

Oh, and to answer your question about the 2019 versus 2020 update:

The update is completed via a USB stick that the computer detects at start-up. The usb stick contains all of the update files to convert your 2019 hard drive into a 2020 hard drive. Once the conversion is complete, you must remove the 2019 security chip from the game, and insert your 2020 security chip to use the game. The 2020 security chip is shipped with the usb update stick.

You can use a 2019 machine well past 2020 - just choose not to upgrade it. As long as you leave the 2019 security chip installed and keep paying I.T. your monthly fee for an online account, your machine will remain online capable. You just won't be able to play on or keep stats for any of the newer courses released after 2019, since your machine doesn't have them.

#981 4 years ago

If youre looking to buy NIB, ive seen sellers offering a free 2020 update when they come out if you purchase now. To play online, its $100/year.

Once the 2020 courses are released and the 2 'remastered' courses are unlocked, there will be 81 courses available to play.

Post in this group if youre looking to buy, im sure youll get responses quickly...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/254697198048158/

More info here:

http://home.goldentee.com/

#982 4 years ago

Oh, and to answer your question about the 2019 versus 2020 update:
The update is completed via a USB stick that the computer detects at start-up. The usb stick contains all of the update files to convert your 2019 hard drive into a 2020 hard drive. Once the conversion is complete, you must remove the 2019 security chip from the game, and insert your 2020 security chip to use the game. The 2020 security chip is shipped with the usb update stick.
You can use a 2019 machine well past 2020 - just don't update it. As long as you leave the 2019 security chip installed and keep paying I.T. your monthly fee for an online account, your machine will remain online capable. You just won't be able to play on or keep stats for any of the newer courses released after 2019, since your machine doesn't have them.

I've never changed the security chip when updating. I've owned my HE since 2015, update comes on a flash drive-plug it into a USB port and start machine and it updates.

#983 4 years ago

Sorry, yes, I forgot, the new sec chips are field upgradable.

#984 4 years ago

For the absolute best price, facebook is probably the cheapest. I'd buy from JJ though. Since he's local, he could really help with warranty issues if you were to have them. His price is probably about the same.

#985 4 years ago

I have 3 GT home left. If anyone is interested.

1 week later
#986 4 years ago

Has anyone done an alternative marquee for Golden Tee? I was thinking of doing an alternative marquee with Caddyshack? I have an alternative trans light for NGG with Caddyshack and thought it would be cool to do the same for GT? Anyone?

#987 4 years ago

I am thinking about joining the golden tee club as my first dedicated arcade. Im looking on the lower end at a golden tee classic, 2003, or Fore. There is a 2003 100 miles from me for 350 but im waiting for something cheap and local. Other than craigslist and facebook, where do you go for these? Also, what is a reasonable price for a 2003 or fore? Thanks!

#988 4 years ago

Honestly the 2003 editions they made a ton of them

I know someone with over a dozen cabinets

To be honest 300 seems about average

A complete edition will be between 5-800 working

You can probably build one pretty cheap with a free tuxedo IT cabinet

#989 4 years ago

Does a "Taito US Classic" get me in the club?

She's old but still plays great!

Taito US Classic (resized).jpgTaito US Classic (resized).jpg
#990 4 years ago

Just got the email about the 2020 updates for $399.

Seems like some of the updates are interesting for HE users.

#991 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Just got the email about the 2020 updates for $399.
Seems like some of the updates are interesting for HE users.

Hu?

The yearly update is very interesting to the HE's.

I replied to the email and had them update my cc expiration date.....no need to fill out the form as they have all my info on file.
Not sure if replying and getting confirmation of my renewal on the same day the emails go out will get me to the front of the line...but it couldn't hurt.
Usually I get my update the day after they ship.....living in IT's backyard has its advantages!

BTW- did anyone else participate in the 'summer swing'? No way i'd finish in the top 3 to get a free update, but completing 30 courses qualifies for a chance to win one of 10 free updates! You have until Sept 15th to complete the 30 courses.

#992 4 years ago

Summer swing? How do you do that?

#993 4 years ago

You must be the registered owner of your HE machine and have the online subscription.

More info:

https://livewire.itsgames.com/news/14146-summer-swing-is-back

#994 4 years ago

Thanks. That would be More interesting if they posted the scores each day. Like the top 50.

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks. That would be More interesting if they posted the scores each day. Like the top 50.

Updates are posted every day on their facebook page.

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Updates are posted every day on their facebook page.

Do you have a link to the standings? I didn't see it anywhere on their page.

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Do you have a link to the standings? I didn't see it anywhere on their page.

First post on this page...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/254697198048158/?ref=bookmarks

#998 4 years ago

Anyone have a machine with a cabinet like this? I need the width measured. Outside of white to outside of white please.

#999 4 years ago

27.5 inches.

#1000 4 years ago

Great, just double checking. Just bought this guy for $2,600. Upgrading from my Fore Cmplete.

There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.