17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 74.
#901 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Sorry, what is hand-built here? That looks like a pretty standard pedestal cab. (honest question, no offense)

Thanks for the compliment. This cabinet was a "cut-down" from an original Silver Strike upright. A few build pics:

silverstrike (resized).jpgsilverstrike (resized).jpgsilverstrike2 (resized).jpgsilverstrike2 (resized).jpgsilverstrike3 (resized).jpgsilverstrike3 (resized).jpgsilverstrike4 (resized).jpgsilverstrike4 (resized).jpgsilverstrike5 (resized).jpgsilverstrike5 (resized).jpg
#902 5 years ago

Just ordered gt 2019 home edition.
I don’t need an 80” screen but , what’s a good size to use 40-50”?

#903 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Most of the OP's use 42", I bought a 50" on sale for $299 and I like it.....is it sad that the newest tv in my house is hooked up to my GT?

It's personal preference......

#904 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Most of the OP's use 42", I bought a 50" on sale for $299 and I like it.....is it sad that the newest tv in my house is hooked up to my GT?

Hmmm 50 ?
Well I’ve had a 63” plasma in my basement for years . Back then that was one of the biggest TVs
I’d like to replace that with an 82” now
And use the 63” for GT
But , I might not hear the end of it! Haha
I can do whatever I want with my Money
I was just told I can’t junk up the place .

#905 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I'm using a 55" mounted on the factory stand. It looks and feels like the perfect size IMO

#906 5 years ago

I'd say 50-55" is perfect if you are using the stand. If you are wall-mounted, you can move the pedestal closer or farther away from the wall to suit your tastes. I'm using a 55" wall-mounted TV myself.

#907 5 years ago

I have both a 50" and 42" hanging on the wall. In my small room the 42" is fine for a pedestal and 50" seems excessive. However, when in a larger space like the living room I prefer the 55" and the pedestal about 10' away.

#908 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Forgot to mention- im using the factory stand...…..

Looks like 50-55" is the consensus here....

#909 5 years ago

The bar where I play 2019 at has a 65" and it's pretty freakin Badass.

#910 5 years ago

Ok ,so I’m guessing at least a 50”!
It will be mounted on a wall . If I want a bigger tv I’ll just move the pedestal closer.
Thank you everyone!

#911 5 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Thanks for the compliment. This cabinet was a "cut-down" from an original Silver Strike upright. A few build pics:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that looks good
Did it come with nighthawk cpu and such or did you have to buy alone?

#912 5 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Wow that looks good
Did it come with nighthawk cpu and such or did you have to buy alone?

The Silver Strike game did have a nighthawk inside, but it was the older AGP style motherboard, which required the purchase of a new mobo. I was able to re-use the I/O board and wiring harness, however. I had to source my own Golden Tee CID and hard drive, graphics, and other various odds and ends.

#913 5 years ago

Hey guys I have a Golden Tee 2013 I'm looking to update to something newer. If you have a drive and security chip (I think that's all I need?) of a newer year you'd sell please let me know. I don't connect online, just play in my house. I would need it shipped to Ontario Canada. Thanks.

#914 4 years ago

Curious, does anyone know how much power the gt 2019 draws?
Can’t find the specs on this.

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Hey guys I have a Golden Tee 2013 I'm looking to update to something newer. If you have a drive and security chip (I think that's all I need?) of a newer year you'd sell please let me know. I don't connect online, just play in my house. I would need it shipped to Ontario Canada. Thanks.

PM Sent

#916 4 years ago

Help?
Just received my golden tee 2019 and video card not working?
Any trick without breaking seal
If not I’m stuck waiting for whole me computer apparently ugh!

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Help?
Just received my golden tee 2019 and video card not working?

Have you let it boot for a good 5 minutes? I just upgraded the video card on my 2018 (720p VGA to 1080p HDMI) and freaked out when I couldn't see all the linux boot log stuff that had come up previously, but after a few minutes, it played fine. It's almost like the 1080p resolution is too high to show the boot stuff.

#918 4 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Have you let it boot for a good 5 minutes? I just upgraded the video card on my 2018 (720p VGA to 1080p HDMI) and freaked out when I couldn't see all the linux boot log stuff that had come up previously, but after a few minutes, it played fine. It's almost like the 1080p resolution is too high to show the boot stuff.

I’m unsure if I’m in the correct hdmi?
Can you take a pic where to plug into please?
The one hdmi I originally was plugged into shows nothing. So I plugged into the hdmi next to the two usb and all I was getting was Linux messages and rebooting messages!
Is the one with the Linux messages where I want to be?
Tech support told me differently.
How long does this take to boot and show up on screen?

#919 4 years ago

Does anyone have the .tar files for 2017 golden tee online. The usb stick is corrupted that i bought from a kijiji person. boooo. or a clone of the USB stick from 2017 GL2017 v12.04.03 760250351 for GT 2015 and older. PM me please.

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I’m unsure if I’m in the correct hdmi?
Can you take a pic where to plug into please?
The one hdmi I originally was plugged into shows nothing. So I plugged into the hdmi next to the two usb and all I was getting was Linux messages and rebooting messages!
Is the one with the Linux messages where I want to be?
Tech support told me differently.
How long does this take to boot and show up on screen?

Tech support is right. Hdmi cable should be connected to the GPU, not the motherboard. The hdmi port near the usb ports is on the motherboard. I usually turn on the machine and wait 5-10 minutes before turning on the TV. I recommend that you try a different TV and also hdmi cable just to rule them out.

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Tech support is right. Hdmi cable should be connected to the GPU, not the motherboard. The hdmi port near the usb ports is on the motherboard. I usually turn on the machine and wait 5-10 minutes before turning on the TV. I recommend that you try a different TV and also hdmi cable just to rule them out.

Ok , I tried another tv and still nothing
Tech was saying that the video card is bad or needs to be reseated. Unfortunately they don’t want me to open the brand new machine and void warranty so, I have to wait for a full computer swap out from distributor!
That may take another week .
IT gave me a service number to give to distributor? Oh well I’m not mountingvthe new 55” tv until this is all resolved. Thank you for your help

#922 4 years ago

Just open the GD machine. It's just a computer in there. Nothing special. Nothing inside that box costs more than $100 to replace. Effin' warranties.

#923 4 years ago

Just open the GD machine. It's just a computer in there. Nothing special. Nothing inside that box costs more than $100 to replace. Effin' warranties.

I understand it’s probably a video card that needs to be reseated but , I just got it and the tech Dept suggested to go this route to avoid any issues.
Didn’t want to have to go through that .
So , today I coordinated with incredible technologies and distributor .
A new unit etc will be overnighted!
I guess I should start mounting the new 55” tv.its probably going to be too big.
I’ll be roughly 4 feet from it

#924 4 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I understand it’s probably a video card that needs to be reseated but , I just got it and the tech Dept suggested to go this route to avoid any issues.
Didn’t want to have to go through that .
So , today I coordinated with incredible technologies and distributor .
A new unit etc will be overnighted!
I guess I should start mounting the new 55” tv.
It’s probably going to be too big .I’m going to be about 40” away from it.

#925 4 years ago

It won’t be. I’m about 2.5 feet from a 50” (my mount pulls away from the wall) and I could go bigger.

The bigger the better.

Quoted from J-drum11:

I guess I should start mounting the new 55” tv.its probably going to be too big.

#926 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It won’t be. I’m about 2.5 feet from a 50” (my mount pulls away from the wall) and I could go bigger.
The bigger the better.

Ok thank you !
I mounted it last night. Now I’m anxiously waiting for the replacement computer.

#927 4 years ago

All set up and working great!!
They swapped out the bad computer overnight! Great customer service!
Looks great in the basement.
Can anyone tell what device you’re using to connect online wirelessly?
Thank you

182A778F-5F25-47E2-B251-3038BB6A4C38 (resized).jpeg182A778F-5F25-47E2-B251-3038BB6A4C38 (resized).jpegE6C38C34-06A6-4B4D-8F3D-938274DDFB68 (resized).jpegE6C38C34-06A6-4B4D-8F3D-938274DDFB68 (resized).jpeg
#928 4 years ago

Can a 2005 Golden Tee be updated to a 2019?

#929 4 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

Can a 2005 Golden Tee be updated to a 2019?

Not easily. Different computer systems.

#930 4 years ago

Thanks, wasn't sure, I have a 2013 that I updated to 2019. Came across a nice 2005, that I guess I'll pass on.

#931 4 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

All set up and working great!!
They swapped out the bad computer overnight! Great customer service!
Looks great in the basement.
Can anyone tell what device you’re using to connect online wirelessly?
Thank you
[quoted image][quoted image]

Im using a Tplink wireless extender. Works great. Just plug into wall set it up to your wireless then run ethernet to the computer to the extender. Done and done.

2 weeks later
#932 4 years ago

Not easily. Different computer systems.

That would be 14-15 years between computer systems / platforms. I wonder if Goldentee 2020 will be on a new platform with upgraded graphics considering the current platform has been in use for over a decade.

#933 4 years ago

Someone wants to give me a 2009 big standup golden Tee.Is it worth the hassle.Dont know if it works

#934 4 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

Someone wants to give me a 2009 big standup golden Tee.Is it worth the hassle.Dont know if it works

Yes, that is the night hawk system. Can be updated to 2019. All parts are available and affordable.

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

Depending on the cabinet style, I might interested in purchasing it from you.

2 weeks later
#936 4 years ago

Joined the club with a custom pedestal build!

It’s a blast and super portable with speakers built in! Just need an HDMI & power cable anywhere ya take it! (It’s sitting on a custom wood pedestal with LED Cupholders)
1228A986-B993-431B-BAA4-7893874BD2B4 (resized).jpeg1228A986-B993-431B-BAA4-7893874BD2B4 (resized).jpeg991B9254-4225-42C4-AF38-68BFB115F8D6 (resized).jpeg991B9254-4225-42C4-AF38-68BFB115F8D6 (resized).jpegC8839EE8-2075-499A-AF2F-E34705C43CE3 (resized).jpegC8839EE8-2075-499A-AF2F-E34705C43CE3 (resized).jpeg7C5B0BA0-371A-47C5-9205-9F2A9D0F2551 (resized).jpeg7C5B0BA0-371A-47C5-9205-9F2A9D0F2551 (resized).jpeg

#937 4 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

It has a 4 hard drive selector and you can switch between:
- GoldenTee 2019
- Silverstrike Bowling
- Powerputt MiniGolf
- Target Toss Pro

Looks great! With the switcher, do you need 4 complete nighthawk systems or does it just switch the hard drive and CID?

How do you like your heads up Poker? Was thinking about buying one.

#938 4 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

It has a 4 hard drive selector and you can switch between:
- GoldenTee 2019
- Silverstrike Bowling
- Powerputt MiniGolf
- Target Toss Pro
It’s a blast and super portable with speakers built in! Just need an HDMI & power cable anywhere ya take it!
(It’s sitting on a custom wood pedestal with LED Cupholders)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I know the guy who makes those. Keep your mouth shut and enjoy your toy.

#939 4 years ago

I know the guy who makes those. Keep your mouth shut and enjoy your toy.

Ummmm thank you? Lol, he’s a good dude. He also really helped me out with getting one of my Megatouchs working as well. I’m just glad to have fun games for my friends to enjoy.

#941 4 years ago

Looking to join the club. Should I wait for 2020 version to come out? Is 2019 version going to be replaced soon? Kinda like buying a car mid year-should I wait for new model? Who is best distributor for these? -Thanks

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Looking to join the club. Should I wait for 2020 version to come out? Is 2019 version going to be replaced soon? Kinda like buying a car mid year-should I wait for new model? Who is best distributor for these? -Thanks

Check with your dist (when you find one) about the free 2020 upgrade when you buy a 2019. Usually later in the summer they will offer that deal.....

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

2020 Home Edition will be available Mid-November, if the prior years are any gauge to go on.

There's no reason to wait - 2019 is fantastic, and well worth the $$ to upgrade. Real Time Rivals is a fantastic addition to the game-play.

#944 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Check with your dist (when you find one) about the free 2020 upgrade when you buy a 2019. Usually later in the summer they will offer that deal.....

The free upgrade hasn't been offered by I.T. in a very long time. Not sure about distributors, however.

#945 4 years ago

The free upgrade hasn't been offered by I.T. in a very long time. Not sure about distributors, however.

I never said IT gave the free upgrade.... ive seen that offered by the distributors . Of course you'd have to negotiate that into your deal, but usually with late 'season' purchases, the dist will offer 2020 upgrade with NIB purchase.

For a lot more info-go to to the GT FB page.
Ask about a HE purchase and post about wanting to purchase one. Im sure youll get a lot of speedy replies

https://www.facebook.com/groups/254697198048158/?ref=bookmarks

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Just got word 2017 units will now get a free 2018 upgrade for any unit sold as of 8/1 (New only)
Also I will have to delete my posting above with the discount pricing as of 8/15.. Golden Tee is instituting a MAP pricing on the GTG Home
JJ

Form 1 year ago in this thread...

#947 4 years ago

Oh boy I’m excited that I might be joining the club this weekend. Found a sweet deal on a 2007 live cabinet that I’m hoping works out!

#948 4 years ago

Anyone here a packrat and store old hdd images? I've picked up many GT machines over the past couple of years, some with dead drives and orphaned security chips which just got tossed in a box. I'd like to test some of these sec chips and move them along potentially.

Anyone have ripped copies of older hard drives?

1 week later
#949 4 years ago

Does anyone think a scramble format would be cool? We usually have 4 players and something like a 2 person scramble or better ball seems like it would be fun for an offline game.

#950 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Does anyone think a scramble format would be cool? We usually have 4 players and something like a 2 person scramble or better ball seems like it would be fun for an offline game.

Maybe... but I am a 1 man scramble on this game. 22-32 under most games. Are you thinking maybe getting to 40 under with a scramble?

There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/19?hl=j-drum11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.