17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 74.
#801 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Is there a way to specify a tee box when playing in casual mode? It seems to always be a much easier tee box compared to playing in Live games.

I know you can set the difficulty of casual mode in the settings menu. Although I'm not sure if that changes the Tee Box location or if it only effects wind and green slope.

#802 5 years ago

Ah, yes. I forgot about that . I had it set at 5 but put it back to 3 while we were trying to learn how to play.

I’ll put it back to 5 and see if that changes the tee boxes.

Thanks

#803 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Ah, yes. I forgot about that . I had it set at 5 but put it back to 3 while we were trying to learn how to play.
I’ll put it back to 5 and see if that changes the tee boxes.
Thanks

That setting will change the tee boxes AND wind speed & direction.

#804 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

That setting will change the tee boxes AND wind speed & direction.

Thanks.

BTW, I joined the other group on facebook and it's highly active. about 10 invites per day for those of you looking for games.

#805 5 years ago

I do not mean to spam this thread, but somebody could make a nice amount of $ while providing a good service. I am not a member of Facebook, but it seems as if very active there, in regards to GT Live. The upright cabinet conversion business that I have for sale would be a boon.

1 week later
#806 5 years ago

I have a GT Complete that was made into a table top for sale. I play it on my home theater projector. PM me if interested.

GT 1 (resized).JPGGT 1 (resized).JPGGT 3 (resized).JPGGT 3 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#807 5 years ago

Can someone point me in the direction of understanding what to do with a Golden Tee Live 2016 that I just picked up.... I have a Fore complete as well that has a lot more options for offline play.. The live 2016 appears to only allow for full course play or close to pin play (no skins or 9 hole options).... What is the best course to take for using this in your home? upgrade, etc... Basically how do you get the most out of it?

Its a very nice cabinet machine and I was planning on keeping it but it seems the old 2005 fore complete has more options for in home vs Just playing 18 hole courses...

What would you do with it?

I'm basically trying to decide if i want to keep it or not....

Thanks in advance....

#808 5 years ago
Quoted from johnrezz:

Can someone point me in the direction of understanding what to do with a Golden Tee Live 2016 that I just picked up.... I have a Fore complete as well that has a lot more options for offline play.. The live 2016 appears to only allow for full course play or close to pin play (no skins or 9 hole options).... What is the best course to take for using this in your home? upgrade, etc... Basically how do you get the most out of it?
Its a very nice cabinet machine and I was planning on keeping it but it seems the old 2005 fore complete has more options for in home vs Just playing 18 hole courses...
What would you do with it?
I'm basically trying to decide if i want to keep it or not....
Thanks in advance....

I don’t know if you can update a 2016 into a 2019. If you can I would recommend that for sure. You would gain the rivals mode and skins in offline play

#809 5 years ago

According to IT you can upgrade to 2019 home edition......

#810 5 years ago

You might have to upgrade your computer, ram and or video card.

Quoted from johnrezz:

According to IT you can upgrade to 2019 home edition......

#811 5 years ago

Is anyone excited (at least a little) that Arcade 1up is making a GT version? Comes with Golden Tee ’98, ’99, ‘2K, and Classic ’01 and uses a HAPP trackball. I played one quick at CES and it was not too shabby.

IMG_1168 (resized).jpgIMG_1168 (resized).jpg
#812 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is anyone excited (at least a little) that Arcade 1up is making a GT version? Comes with Golden Tee ’98, ’99, ‘2K, and Classic ’01 and uses a HAPP trackball. I played one quick at CES and it was not too shabby.
[quoted image]

lol your gonna break your fingers with the screen so close.
happy i got rid of my 2005

#813 5 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

lol your gonna break your fingers..

I was thinking the same thing. I don’t think that’s playable

#814 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

[quoted image]

I'm excited for it. I have several original arcades, but due to some space issues, and tired of reliability issues, I'm adding some 1up machines to my collection. Price is fair, and machines look decent.

#815 5 years ago

Haha, ok, so I did play it at ces and yes it was a tad close to the screen. Once you learn how to spin without hitting the screen it works, but it was a few swings of adjustment. I like the idea of a $200-300 GT that fits in my house or work without having to stoop to a 97’ only in a big cab.

#816 5 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

lol your gonna break your fingers with the screen so close.
happy i got rid of my 2005

Yup, either that or just break the Arcade1up in two.

Golden tee without the proper space on the control panel isn’t Golden tee!!!!

#817 5 years ago

Does anyone know what ssd hard drive type/size will work to clone a 2018? Haven’t broken the seal yet on the pc to look.

#818 5 years ago

An arcade 1up golden tee chop top might be the most trashy thing ever.

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Yup, either that or just break the Arcade1up in two.

#819 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

[quoted image]

Definitely a finger breaker.....

Not my cup of tea- but to each their own with those 1up cabs....

#820 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Does anyone know what ssd hard drive type/size will work to clone a 2018? Haven’t broken the seal yet on the pc to look.

I cloned my 2018 to this drive, works great, zero issues. Looks like it's not available any longer, but I would think any 120GB SSD would work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F9G414U/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title

#821 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

I cloned my 2018 to this drive, works great, zero issues. Looks like it's not available any longer, but I would think any 120GB SSD would work.
amazon.com link »

Why do you need to clone the harddrive?

#822 5 years ago

As a backup in case yours crashes. You can’t just call and get a replacement years later. I did the the same with my Megatouch. Both run a Unix type OS so not like you can get the software to reinstall everything.

#823 5 years ago

^^^ What he said.

Plus, I'm running the SSD in the cabinet, so I have the original as a backup. Less moving parts to fail, plus I'm pretty sure it sped up my machine's boot time.

#824 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

^^^ What he said.
Plus, I'm running the SSD in the cabinet, so I have the original as a backup. Less moving parts to fail, plus I'm pretty sure it sped up my machine's boot time.

My game is new and I haven't been turning it off cause the power on was about 6 mins.

Is there a documented procedure for cloning the harddrive? Wouldn't IT just send out a replacement drive, albeit at a cost? What is actually stored on the harddrive?

#825 5 years ago

If you open up a newer Golden Tee, it's basically a bare bones PC, as opposed to the old school Golden Tees that used a PCB or PCB/Hard Drive combo. Pretty much everything is stored on the hard drive; i.e. courses, scores, etc.

I don't know if IT has documented it anywhere, I just googled it and found a forum post somewhere that walked me through it. I think the program was called Partition Magic or Partition Wizard or something. It's pretty straightforward; pick the source drive (the one being cloned), pick the target drive (the one you want to clone to), and let 'er rip. Takes a couple hours depending on your PC, but it makes a perfect, bootable backup of the original HD.

#826 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

If you open up a newer Golden Tee, it's basically a bare bones PC, as opposed to the old school Golden Tees that used a PCB or PCB/Hard Drive combo. Pretty much everything is stored on the hard drive; i.e. courses, scores, etc.
I don't know if IT has documented it anywhere, I just googled it and found a forum post somewhere that walked me through it. I think the program was called Partition Magic or Partition Wizard or something. It's pretty straightforward; pick the source drive (the one being cloned), pick the target drive (the one you want to clone to), and let 'er rip. Takes a couple hours depending on your PC, but it makes a perfect, bootable backup of the original HD.

I've been thinking about doing this just to speed up boot up time. It HAS to be much faster.

#827 5 years ago

I have an odd issue with my GT 99. The trackball which used to work fine is now off 45 degrees. I have tried the jumper settings on the board for that 45 degree mount setting and it does not do anything. ( I have tried every combo I could think of) The trackball is definitely mounted properly & worked fine for years. I don't think a dip switch can go bad over time and alter a setting, but you never know. Has anyone come across this before ?

#828 5 years ago

I use something like this to clone cause you don't need software to do it:

https://www.amazon.com/ineo-Dual-Bay-Offline-Duplicate-T3527-VIII/dp/B073W4YDFQ/ref=sr_1_5_sspa

#829 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

I did have it open once to clean the rollers but didn't really focus on anything else.

I assume you had to remove the drive to clone it and connect it to the PC with the cloning software.

I'll google it when I get some time.

#830 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

[quoted image]

How big is the trackball, that tiny cabinet makes it look like its got like 5" trackball.

#831 5 years ago

Where is the best place to get one of these new. Or, Looking for a updated version in nice shape if someone has one for sale. Want the pedestal style only. I've moved way to many of those huge gt style cabinets. Thanks Todd

#832 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Hdd raw copy is great hdd clone tool. gt hdd size is 80 gb

#833 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

How big is the trackball, that tiny cabinet makes it look like its got like 5" trackball.

I haven’t seen it since ces but it was 4-5”?

#834 5 years ago

JJ at GameExchange. Excellent prices, excellent service.

https://gameexchange.biz/pages/contact-us

Also, he's active on Pinside, give him a call.

Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

Where is the best place to get one of these new. Or, Looking for a updated version in nice shape if someone has one for sale. Want the pedestal style only. I've moved way to many of those huge gt style cabinets. Thanks Todd

#835 5 years ago

I just purchased a GT Complete. It actually is a 2002 that was upgraded to Complete. I contacted IT and the equipment in in the cabinet cannot be upgraded any further. Anyone know what I would need to keep the cabinet and upgrade to say 2014? I know I would need to go to a PC Nighthawk setup, but I have not been able to find a website or listing of exactly what I would need to go find on ebay or somewhebe to do this. Any help or website/video recommendations would be appreciated.

#836 5 years ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

https://pinballpro.net/shop/golden-tee-2019-home-arcade/

#837 5 years ago

I have an opportunity to purchase a GT pedestal with 2010 Live version that I would upgrade to 2019. Other than the 1GB RAM, is there any differences with a newer computer that I should be concerned with not having? Did the CPU/video cards get upgraded in later computers? Thanks!

#838 5 years ago

Sorry to say, I don't think a 2010 unit will run 2019 software. Not well anyway. The GPU alone I think will have issues.

#839 5 years ago

Yes.

I prefer the zt-70605-10m. When they pop up on Ebay (besides the ones that sit there forever) they are usually about $70. It will do GT in 1080 and support Power Putt (live) in 720p if you go that route as well.

From IT, video card compatibility as of 1/2019

https://amusement.itsgames.com/downloads/manuals/Video%20Card%20Compatibility.pdf

Quoted from cincyITguy:

Did the CPU/video cards get upgraded in later computers? Thanks!

#840 5 years ago

Need some help in deciding whether or not I should buy 2019 home edition or unplugged addition my pedestal is set up for an operator but I was just wondering if there is other differences then coin play or free play on each model thanks in advance

#841 5 years ago

Hey everyone,
Question: I’m on the fence about adding a gt 2019 home edition to my game room. My biggest concern is, will it become dated real quick?
Anyone know how often software/video updates come out?
Are there any technical issues I’ll be dealing with regularly?

Thank you

#842 5 years ago

No it won't become dated. Every year you get a new update with new courses but it's costly so you're better off every other year. No technical issues.

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Hey everyone,
Question: I’m on the fence about adding a gt 2019 home edition to my game room. My biggest concern is, will it become dated real quick?
Thank you

IT updates the software occasionally.....changing the tee boxes, wind, and pin placements. The updated will run upon start up as long as youre connected to the net.
Had mine since late 2015 and never had any tech issues...…….
New courses come out once a year-usually in the fall. HE updates come out a month after the bar machine updates come out.
Dated? Well there are 70 courses to play so it might be a while before you get bored....

Go for it!

#844 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Sorry to say, I don't think a 2010 unit will run 2019 software. Not well anyway. The GPU alone I think will have issues.

Turns out that the hardware is the same other than video card. The MSI card that is in it worked fine, but is limited to 720p. I bought the GTX1050 for $144 on Amazon and now have 1080p. I upgraded to 2019, and it is running great.

Thanks all.

#845 5 years ago
Quoted from cincyITguy:

Turns out that the hardware is the same other than video card. The MSI card that is in it worked fine, but is limited to 720p. I bought the GTX1050 for $144 on Amazon and now have 1080p. I upgraded to 2019, and it is running great.
Thanks all.

That's fantastic. Awesome.
I'm really surprised that the only thing that's changed in 9 years is the GPU.
Crazy

#846 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Hey everyone,
Thank you

These are easy to maintain and software updates are simple to do. You can buy the update every year if you want to and pricing isn’t too bad. Most new games are trouble free, but it’s just a computer, and IT dealers like me have replacement parts if you have trouble. So I would not have concerns, other 2018/19 owners can share as well

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#847 5 years ago

What is everyone getting for their max power spinny shots? It seems we can get about 130 to 135.

I’ve heard that we should be getting in the 150’s. That sure would make the game easier on the longer holes.

#848 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What is everyone getting for their max power spinny shots? It seems we can get about 130 to 135.
I’ve heard that we should be getting in the 150’s. That sure would make the game easier on the longer holes.

I'm in the 130-140's myself.....haven't seen a 150 yet between my friends that I play at the bar with,it does take some time to find the sweet spot for speed.

Have you fixed the copper tape in your trackball yet?

#849 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I'm in the same boat as you. And I have trimmed the copper tape.

#850 5 years ago

If anyone in California is selling or knows someone selling. I'm looking for a dedicated cabinet version of Golden Tee.
Does not have to be the latest year version, but a complete or live of some type would be preferred, set to home mode.
I'm looking for a cabinet type like these.

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 5.51.19 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-17 at 5.51.19 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-17 at 5.57.47 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-17 at 5.57.47 PM (resized).png
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/17?hl=nascarrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.