17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 74.
#651 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've been looking to join this club for some time now. After talking to Nick yesterday I'm getting ready to pull the trigger. I do have an opportunity to buy a buddies 2017 GT that he used on location for about 6 months. My question is could I use this machine "live" in my home? I'd also like to upgrade to the latest and greatest games (not sure of the cost). I have zero interest in competing for prizes or in tournaments. All I really want to do is play buddies on-line.

There are two versions of "Live" for Golden Tee. One is the actual "Live" version that you see in bars and can play in national tournaments for prizes and stuff. The home version of "Live", which is about $100 a year (plus $0.50 per game), lets you keep track of your scores and compete in tournaments with your buddies online. You can still bring home a commercial Live machine and play it, you just can't play online. I got a 2016 commercial Live unit a few months ago, played it for a few months (offline) then upgraded to Home 2018 which cost me about $400 (plus online fees, etc. etc.).

#652 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've been looking to join this club for some time now. After talking to Nick yesterday I'm getting ready to pull the trigger. I do have an opportunity to buy a buddies 2017 GT that he used on location for about 6 months. My question is could I use this machine "live" in my home? I'd also like to upgrade to the latest and greatest games (not sure of the cost). I have zero interest in competing for prizes or in tournaments. All I really want to do is play buddies on-line.

I think you night need a new security chip for HE play.....

Ask the experts here...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/254697198048158/

2019 courses are coming the 2nd week of November.

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

There are two versions of "Live" for Golden Tee. One is the actual "Live" version that you see in bars and can play in national tournaments for prizes and stuff. The home version of "Live", which is about $100 a year (plus $0.50 per game), lets you keep track of your scores and compete in tournaments with your buddies online. You can still bring home a commercial Live machine and play it, you just can't play online. I got a 2016 commercial Live unit a few months ago, played it for a few months (offline) then upgraded to Home 2018 which cost me about $400 (plus online fees, etc. etc.).

Thanks for the information. So to be clear it costs $.50 a game to play your buddy on-line (after the $100 annual fee)? what exactly do I need to do to upgrade it to home use? Is it just a software upgrade to do I need a hardware upgrade as well?

I appreciate the information.

#654 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks for the information. So to be clear it costs $.50 a game to play your buddy on-line (after the $100 annual fee)? what exactly do I need to do to upgrade it to home use? Is it just a software upgrade to do I need a hardware upgrade as well?

Yeah, $.50 a game to play for "glory" (no money wagered) after you have the $100/yr online subscription. You can also wager up to $50 per player in the Home Edition I think. For my upgrade, I contacted IT Games directly, gave them my game ID#, credit card info, then they sent me a flash drive and new security chip. Before I upgraded, I cloned the HD that it came with to a SSD, then I replaced the security chip (not hard), plugged in the flash drive, and the game pulled the info from the flash drive and updated itself to 2018. You'll also need a wired LAN connection to get online, but if you don't have a wired LAN connection available nearby, you can use something like the item in the link below to convert your wifi signal to LAN.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-Portable-Travel-Router/dp/B00TQEX8BO/ref=sr_1_3

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Yeah, $.50 a game to play for "glory" (no money wagered) after you have the $100/yr online subscription. You can also wager up to $50 per player in the Home Edition I think. For my upgrade, I contacted IT Games directly, gave them my game ID#, credit card info, then they sent me a flash drive and new security chip. Before I upgraded, I cloned the HD that it came with to a SSD, then I replaced the security chip (not hard), plugged in the flash drive, and the game pulled the info from the flash drive and updated itself to 2018. You'll also need a wired LAN connection to get online, but if you don't have a wired LAN connection available nearby, you can use something like the item in the link below to convert your wifi signal to LAN.
amazon.com link »

Thanks...appreciate the help

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The home edition is $100/yr for online play with no “per game fee” which is why the home edition is better for the home environment versus the commercial unit. When you are ready to take the plunge give me a shout!

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Well I pulled the trigger today! Ordered a 2018 HE. Can't wait till it gets here!
Junky

We shipped it out today! Welcome to the club!

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

#658 5 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

The home edition is $100/yr for online play with no “per game fee” which is why the home edition is better for the home environment versus the commercial unit.

Yes, no "per game fee" if you just want to play casual or "stats" games on your machine. The $.50 per player/per game fee is only for the online invitational contests that you can set up to play with friends.

#659 5 years ago

I have a brand new in box 2018 Golden Tee home addition.
The box looks great and I will include free shipping to the lower 48 states. $3600
Pictures of the unopened box are available.

#660 5 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

We shipped it out today! Welcome to the club!
Greg M
Pinballpro.com

Thanks Greg!

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Yes, no "per game fee" if you just want to play casual or "stats" games on your machine. The $.50 per player/per game fee is only for the online invitational contests that you can set up to play with friends.

Also no fee for 'Live' play...…

#662 5 years ago

In the last month I have sold 11 cabinet conversion kits (7 "Live" and 4 "Fore"), so i am now more flexible on selling the entire kit and kabootle. All moulds for future production, all standing inventory(more than pay for purchase price), known operator customer emails, and all patent rights. See Ebay auction for more detailed information.
ebay.com link: Golden T Cabinet Conversion Entire Business Immediate Sales

10K for the whole shooting match.

#663 5 years ago

User name on GT is “ovfdfireman” would like to play some live games!

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from NicToria:

Thinking of maybe getting a version of the GT... Anyone near Des Moines Iowa area. or Surrounding 1-2 hours. ..?? That would invite us over and let us check yours out..>>>??? Let me know with a PM... Gladly bring a pizza and or some beverages .. THX> NT

I am game, got one set up in Nebraska! If you like it you can take one home with you

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#665 5 years ago

Preordered the 2019 update today

I better get some fancy John Daly pants to wear for my first 2019 round.

#666 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ha ha! I watched a little European PGA golf over the weekend and Daly was wearing an orange shirt with orange and lavender pants. He has put on a lot of weight since last time I saw him.

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Filled out my form yesterday.

Chris- wait until you play John Daly in vs. rivals-hell out drive ya every hole!

It is nice being in IT's back yard-I never pay for overnight shipping and get my update the day after they ship.....

#668 5 years ago

Put a green on the patio this week.

John Daly Jr is testing it out lol.

20180829_193315 (resized).jpg20180829_193315 (resized).jpg
#669 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Put a green on the patio this week.
John Daly Jr is testing it out lol. [quoted image]

That's awesome Chris!

You must play real golf too?

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

That's awesome Chris!
You must play real golf too?

Not really, I just like cool shit & a 15ft green qualifies

The best is yet to come. I ordered a new projector & screen for my theater. Decided the old gear will be used for outdoor movie nights on the patio.

Then I had a moment of clarity. Like when a crackhead hits rock bottom in a hotel room or when Hawking realized our universe continues to rebirth.

Golden Tee cabinets have wheels!

Totally gonna smoke a cigar outside playing GT on a 120” & practicing my putts while the grill sizzles. It’s almost too much for my brain to process.

#671 5 years ago

I'm IN!!

20180831_134530.jpg20180831_134530.jpg
#672 5 years ago

I'm IN!!
[quoted image]

Looks awesome, what size tv did you end up going with?

Also if you want to share your live username when you get it that’d be cool!

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

#673 5 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Looks awesome, what size tv did you end up going with?
Also if you want to share your live username when you get it that’d be cool!
Greg M
Pinballpro.com

Thanks Greg!
It's a 55" Samsung. Perfect size IMO.
Username is: Fish & Pinball

#674 5 years ago

I’m just loving this GT! My son loves playing it too and that makes it an even better purchase for my gameroom.
I have a lot to learn though!

I’m bummed that it costs money to play against other people. I could understand if I was playing a commercial game somewhere at a bar. But if 2 people with home editions wanna play against each other it should be FREE!

Junky

#675 5 years ago

I’m just loving this GT! My son loves playing it too and that makes it an even better purchase for my gameroom.
I’m bummed that it costs money to play against other people. I could understand if I was playing a commercial game somewhere at a bar. But if 2 people with home editions wanna play against each other it should be FREE!
Junky

I agree....it blows....especially if you pay the $100 annual fee

#676 5 years ago

One of the reasons cousin bailed on buying a HE was due to the $0.50 per round fee just to play me for a $0 non wager game.

I will admit, had I known about it before I may have not bought mine.

My cousin is just one person so I'm sure his money is insignificant compared to all the $0.50 they're collecting from HE owners.

It does make me less enthusiastic about updates. If it gets to the point I stop playing invites then I might as well just update once per year or three.

For now I update yearly however

#677 5 years ago

Junky

I agree- but remember IT's server hosts these 'no money' matches.

I'm with you-its a bite in the azz and that's the only to play the Freaky Friday's, Break the score board, etc.-pay the .50.

1 week later
#678 5 years ago

HI guys,

I've never played golden tee before but I love golf sooo...
I'm looking at a used unit that is a 2018 with the attached 32inch lcd.

I see it's not live but includes power putt and bowling are these worth it vs. the pedestal versions?

thanks

#679 5 years ago

Shouldn’t be free, how do you think those servers are paid for

#680 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

How about from the online fee?

#681 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

How about from the online fee?

Exactly

I understand paying $0.50 juice to IT for wager rounds.

I understand paying $100 yr for online.

I understand paying $400 yr for the updates.

GT is great. It gets better & better every year. It’s replay value increases the better you become. It’s replay value increases every year with each update of courses/features too. IT does a great job of creating great fun, communicating with customers & I truly appreciate what they do.

But $0.50 for per game for a $0 wager round on a Home Edition game is some fuckery.

#682 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Exactly
GT is great. It gets better & better every year. It’s replay value increases the better you become. It’s replay value increases every year with each update of courses/features too. IT does a great job of creating great fun, communicating with customers & I truly appreciate what they do.
But $0.50 for per game for a $0 wager round on a Home Edition game is some fuckery.

couldn't agree more...if you pay the online fee of $100 a year they should give u free access to playing non wager head to head matches with your buddies for free (trust me I get theres a cost, but $.50 is crazy)....and its not the money its the principal...its a big money grab, which is BS

#683 5 years ago

Does anyone know where or who I could buy just the nighthawk box and other electronics from? Could be a older version or anything from a gutted cabinet.

I have a mame/golden tee combo already with a golden tee complete board, just looking to upgrade the GT part

#684 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Exactly

Wont argue the money grab....but I knew that going in...…

#685 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Wont argue the money grab....but I knew that going in...…

I didn't know so that’s why I’m so damn sassy about it

Still enjoy GT but playing way less invites

2019 hits locations in 9 days right?

#686 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I didn't know so that’s why I’m so damn sassy about it
Still enjoy GT but playing way less invites
2019 hits locations in 9 days right?

Shipping Monday!

I should get mine Monday or Tuesday.....the one time its good to live close to IT HQ.

GT2019 (resized).pngGT2019 (resized).png
#687 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Shipping Monday!
I should get mine Monday or Tuesday.....the one time its good to live close to IT HQ.
[quoted image]

Wait, are they shipping HE updates on the same day as the coin op updates?

Previously they waited a month or so I thought

#688 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Wait, are they shipping HE updates on the same day as the coin op updates?
Previously they waited a month or so I thought

No. We have to wait till Nov

#689 5 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

HI guys,
I've never played golden tee before but I love golf sooo...
I'm looking at a used unit that is a 2018 with the attached 32inch lcd.
I see it's not live but includes power putt and bowling are these worth it vs. the pedestal versions?
thanks

anyone?

77 (resized).jpg77 (resized).jpg
#690 5 years ago

I’ve recently started looking into getting a home model. Is it possible to put power putt or silver strike bowling on the machine as well?

#691 5 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

are these worth it vs. the pedestal versions?

Quoted from TZBen:

anyone?[quoted image]

Without knowing how much it costs, it's hard to say if it's "worth it." I guess buying a three in one would be cheaper than getting three different cabinets.

I see the front has a card reader, so you can probably make it "live" if you wanted to.

The "live" subscription might only work on Golden Tee, but this is only a guess because I don't have any experience with Power Putt or Silver Strike.

#692 5 years ago

price is $1,800

#693 5 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

price is $1,800

Considering that's about what I have into mine, which is only Golden Tee, I'd say that's a pretty good price, as long as you are cool with the cabinet style, as opposed to a showpiece-style one with a separate monitor.

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

price is $1,800

Wow that is a steal! Just spent over $4k on my new one like that... You sure this deal is legit? There is one on eBay right now with everything you're talking about for 3500...

#695 5 years ago

How loud is the trackball? I’m wondering if I can play his at night hooked up to the tv in my living room. At least temporarily until I get the stand a new monitor/TV for it.

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

How loud is the trackball? I’m wondering if I can play his at night hooked up to the tv in my living room. At least temporarily until I get the stand a new monitor/TV for it.

IMO it’s not that loud. But I guess it all depends on how someone smacks the ball. You could smoothly hit it or smack the shit out of it!

#697 5 years ago

Hey pinheads!
Friend me on GTCaddy and let’s play some cheap invitationals!

FISH & PINBALL

Heres my DIY LED marquee. Wasn't difficult.

20180920_142923.jpg20180920_142923.jpg
#698 5 years ago

I want to be ready when the 2019 HE update lands.

So today the screen hooks went up. Tonight when the sun sets a bit I will figure out where the projector goes (throw distance) & dial it in.

Then it all gets packed up and waits... for the GT2019 outdoor bbq & cigar shindig.

20180930_150747 (resized).jpg20180930_150747 (resized).jpg
#699 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I want to be ready when the 2019 HE update lands.
So today the screen hooks went up. Tonight when the sun sets a bit I will figure out where the projector goes (throw distance) & dial it in.
Then it all gets packed up and waits... for the GT2019 outdoor bbq & cigar shindig.
[quoted image]

I'll be expecting an invite for this...…..

1 week later
#700 5 years ago

Golf time!

3441A90B-314D-47C4-BB9C-3D45929D6F18 (resized).jpeg3441A90B-314D-47C4-BB9C-3D45929D6F18 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.