17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 74.
#601 5 years ago

My 2016 guys don’t have a vape pipe. Is that alone worth the upgrade?

#602 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

My 2016 guys don’t have a vape pipe. Is that alone worth the upgrade?

Must purchase the vape pipe..

Screenshot_20180629-123733 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180629-123733 (resized).png

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Any leaks about 2019?
Its 4 mos away right?
My 2018 gameplay reeeally slowed down due to the baby. Time to pick up the pace!

Chris- did you hear about this?

Golden Tee Golf

June 10 at 4:25 PM ·
JUST ANNOUNCED: John Daly is coming to #GoldenTee 2019!! Watch the 2018 World Championship LIVE to hear more great announcements! #ItsGoldenTee #GTWorlds18

Mabey to promote his 'Loud Mouth Golf' clothing line via in game clothing?

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from NicToria:

Thinking of maybe getting a version of the GT... Anyone near Des Moines Iowa area. or Surrounding 1-2 hours. ..?? That would invite us over and let us check yours out..>>>??? Let me know with a PM... Gladly bring a pizza and or some beverages .. THX> NT

NicToria You might be more than 2 hrs away, but you're welcome to stop by my place if youre ever close to the western burbs of Chicago.

#605 5 years ago

I have posted here before but I try not to over do it. If anyone or a group in this club want to buy the entire lock stock and barrel, I will sell for $11,000.00. It appears that there are enough members here on pinside GT club, to take existing inventory and more than make back investment $. I still get straggler orders from my operator customers, and from Happ Controls referrals that also benefit buyer. Create a website and solicit operators every time you see an upright in a location.
ebay.com link: Golden T Cabinet Conversion Entire Business Immediate Sales

Tom

#606 5 years ago

Card reader flashing red

Does not read any cards

Swapped USB cable, same results

Does not respond in test menu

Anyone else experience card reader failure?

#607 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Card reader flashing red
Does not read any cards
Swapped USB cable, same results
Does not respond in test menu
Anyone else experience card reader failure?

Chris-

I've seen lots of posts on this recently.....bad card readers all over.....

Hopefully you get some support from IT on covering some of the cost of a new one...

OR get yourself the 'Key Pad' mod...lol

Got one for my HE and takes less than 10 min to install....

Good luck!

#608 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Chris-
I've seen lots of posts on this recently.....bad card readers all over.....
Hopefully you get some support from IT on covering some of the cost of a new one...
OR get yourself the 'Key Pad' mod...lol
Got one for my HE and takes less than 10 min to install....
Good luck!

Yeah, mine is not working either. Thankfully mine came with a keypad installed.

Anyone have any luck resolving this with IT?

#609 5 years ago

Just spoke with IT tech support.

I have a solid red light on mine, reads credit cards, but not GT cards.

Swapped USB cables, same result.

I was told my only option was to buy a new card reader ($90)

Going to order replacement cards and see if those work.

#610 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Just spoke with IT tech support.
I have a solid red light on mine, reads credit cards, but not GT cards.
Swapped USB cables, same result.
I was told my only option was to buy a new card reader ($90)
Going to order replacement cards and see if those work.

Good thinking.....

Free vs. $90...….

lol

1 week later
#611 5 years ago

I have a Golden Tee Complete cocktail machine & a modern Pachinko listed in the Market. $1200 ~ takes both! Just inquire to the Pinside Market for further details on both machines. This is a very good deal for someone!

003 (resized).JPG003 (resized).JPG018 (resized).JPG018 (resized).JPG
#612 5 years ago

My card reader was indeed fubar

It was $107 shipped to get a new one from IT/GT

Got it installed & played two online rounds aaaaaaand now my trackball started lagging on forward strokes lol

Wish me luck on that shit. Sandbagging my repair efforts until later this week.

#613 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Got it installed & played two online rounds aaaaaaand now my trackball started lagging on forward strokes lol

Not sure about the newer ones but older ones, but usually the trackballs can be taken apart, cleaned and check the bearings etc

#614 5 years ago

If you need to replace your trackball, it should be cheaper than $100. You used to be able to get them all day long for $40, but a quick search shows that it's closer to $75 now. Either way, $75 should be your hardest hit there.

#615 5 years ago

It may not be the trackball lagging it could be the ram stick starting to lag or the video card appearing your stroke is lagging.

#616 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Chris- I now have 3 complete track ball assemblies.... 1 in the machine and 2 spares.....bought one of the spares from twisted quarter when they were on sale earlier this year ($45 I believe), the other spare I got from a friend who buys them in bulk and rebuilds them. I love that it only takes 10 min to swap them out.....

#617 5 years ago

Trackball fixed!

Looks like F’n copper tape got me, again.

#618 5 years ago

Just picked up a 2010 unplugged looking for any update kits if anyone wants to sell one please get in touch with me thanks

#619 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Trackball fixed!
Looks like F’n copper tape got me, again.

First time cutting out the copper tape Chris?

#620 5 years ago
Quoted from cjpins:

Just picked up a 2010 unplugged looking for any update kits if anyone wants to sell one please get in touch with me thanks

If youre on FB check out this group.....Very helpful & knowledgeable peeps that in sure could help you out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693886884125319/

#621 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

First time cutting out the copper tape Chris?

No

2nd time

It’s complicated lol

I tore out the old thick tape like 18 mos ago & installed new thinner tape.

After 3 nighthawks & 1 IO board I wasn’t going to risk more drama by running a non grounded trackball

So I suppose once a year or so I have to redo the copper tape

#622 5 years ago

I have a lowball offer for my mould and master templates on the GT Live and Fore conversion bezels, so if any of you folks with uprights want to band together and buy some kits, I will sell 5 "Live" kits for $1500.00 of 5 "Fore" kits for $1700.00..

ebay.com link: Golden T Cabinet Conversion Kit LIVE And FORE Cabinet Kits Discount For 2

ebay.com link: Golden T Cabinet Conversion Entire Business Immediate Sales

#623 5 years ago

Hi guys. I'm thinking of joining the club with a GT 2018 and thought I would ask you some questions. I've always loved GT and it's probably the most played game on my emulator cab. I'm a little confused on the home vs arcade live versions. Why can't I buy a live version for my home if I want it? What's the benefit of the home version for the home? Where are you guys buying yours? What kind of actual prices are you paying for these out the door? I'm debating on a 2018 or waiting for a 2019. Any idea when the 2019s are coming? Any recommendations on websites where guys are selling almost new games (like 2017s)?
I know I have a lot of questions.
Thanks in advance.
Junky

#624 5 years ago

If you buy a NIB 2018 HE now- I believe most vendors are giving out free 2019 updates w purchase (coming this fall). Also I believe that all new HE come with the key pad (was $100 when I bought mine).

Both HE and Commercial units are 'Live'- HE does not come with coin mechs/bill acceptor.

Read back in this thread- I posted the link to a Facebook group (with several vendors in the group). Post that youre looking for a HE and they will respond quickly! LOL You might find a used one there also-but beware- youll have to pay the update fee if you want the latest version on GT.

#625 5 years ago

I think IT removed the card reader for 2019

#626 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I think IT removed the card reader for 2019

With the failure rate on them...that's no surprise.

You order your keypad yet Chris?

#627 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

If you buy a NIB 2018 HE now- I believe most vendors are giving out free 2019 updates w purchase (coming this fall). Also I believe that all new HE come with the key pad (was $100 when I bought mine).
Both HE and Commercial units are 'Live'- HE does not come with coin mechs/bill acceptor.
Read back in this thread- I posted the link to a Facebook group (with several vendors in the group). Post that youre looking for a HE and they will respond quickly! LOL You might find a used one there also-but beware- youll have to pay the update fee if you want the latest version on GT.

I appreciate the input. Thank you sir. Any idea if there will be any significant hardware changes from 18 to 19? I would hate to buy a new 18 and then find out the 19s have a better trackball/processor/gpu/etc.

FB huh? God I hate FB.. This isn't the first time I've been told to find answers for something pinball or arcade related in a FB group. Guess I'm gonna have to join again.. Grrrr

Thanks again
Junky

#628 5 years ago

The only difference will be the course update....2019's will be shipped with the keypad (we believe that the card reader will be discontinued because of the failure rate).

Read back a few pages, there's a distributor from Denver who is active in this thread....

#629 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

With the failure rate on them...that's no surprise.
You order your keypad yet Chris?

No, it does me no good.

I have guest cards (to avoid being forced into casual play with visitors) & no idea what the lost card ID's are. It would be cool if that info were on the card, because lets face it, the "lost card ID's" are really the "card reader broken ID's".

So now I have to build a half dozen fake accounts, print out the logins plus lost card ID's & keep them in a binder with the cards because profiles cannot be created on HE's.

I can create a profile on Tigerwoods 1999 but not Golden Tee 2018

The HE platform needs a lot of work IMO.

#630 5 years ago

Lost card ID is in the app.

LOST (resized).jpgLOST (resized).jpg
#631 5 years ago

PW79 Forgot to congratulate you on the little man's 1st birthday! Got him playing pinball or GT yet??

#632 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Lost card ID is in the app.
[quoted image]

Yes indeed but the guest cards are not associated with folks that have the app. My wife, my daughter, a select few friends. Those are the people who play on my HE but aren't the type to wager, download an app & etc.

Quoted from nascarrey:

pw79 Forgot to congratulate you on the little man's 1st birthday! Got him playing pinball or GT yet??

Thanks!

He's a wild one. Lil dude loves to press the start buttons on my pins & run off scared shitless when they activate.

#633 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hi guys. I'm thinking of joining the club with a GT 2018 and thought I would ask you some questions. I've always loved GT and it's probably the most played game on my emulator cab. I'm a little confused on the home vs arcade live versions. Why can't I buy a live version for my home if I want it? What's the benefit of the home version for the home? Where are you guys buying yours? What kind of actual prices are you paying for these out the door? I'm debating on a 2018 or waiting for a 2019. Any idea when the 2019s are coming? Any recommendations on websites where guys are selling almost new games (like 2017s)?
I know I have a lot of questions.
Thanks in advance.
Junky

I have the home editions in stock and will provide a free upgrade to 2019 so no real need to wait if you want one. Home editions are going to offer the same features accept you don’t have to pay commercial rates. Also commercial gets “prizes” or things that cost money. Home editions do have this since nobody is paying. Get a live subscription for $100/yr

http://pinballpro.net/shop/golden-tee-2018-home-edition/

Greg
Pinball pro

Added over 6 years ago:

Home editions “do not” have prizes

1 week later
#634 5 years ago

So I have had older Golden tee’s and have Arcade Legends with Golden tee, but I just got my new 2018 Golden Tee and excited to get going. Been playing for the first time tonight! I am not online yet as I don’t have a wireless. I need to find and order a wireless Ethernet adapter. Any recommendations?

It’s sitting in the middle of my living room so me and my boys can play!

F80E5CCB-2655-409A-91A6-F824B0E55200 (resized).jpegF80E5CCB-2655-409A-91A6-F824B0E55200 (resized).jpeg
#636 5 years ago

Hey guys. I'm still on the fence about picking up a new HE. Today I played one game on a 2016 Commercial at the local bowling alley. I would really like to play a 2018 HE to see exactly what I would be getting.
Anyone in the CA Bay Area that wouldn't mind showing me theirs? I will bring beer!

#637 5 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I need to find and order a wireless Ethernet adapter. Any recommendations?

It needs a wired connection, but you can convert your wireless signal to wired with something like this.

#638 5 years ago

Hey guys. I'm still on the fence about picking up a new HE. Today I played one game on a 2016 Commercial at the local bowling alley. I would really like to play a 2018 HE to see exactly what I would be getting.
Anyone in the CA Bay Area that wouldn't mind showing me theirs? I will bring beer!

You are getting the same game essentially but 12 more courses and an another 6 with the 2019 upgrade which this time of year should be included with the purchase.

Newer ones have new clothing and vape pipes also.

Am I correct?

I currently have a 2016 GT I bought NIB a few years ago. Haven't done an upgrade on it. Too much coin.

#639 5 years ago

Someone invite this guy over for a few beers and GT!

#640 5 years ago

Wonder how many folks have a GT in their house?

Folks come to my house and see my pins and a lot are like “meh”.

Pretty much everyone that comes over and sees my GT go - !

#641 5 years ago

https://www.arcade1up.com/

On desktop web browser is taking a poll of people want GT. I think that would be a sweet 3/4 game to have. Just hope it isn’t the ultra old one. But it is a step!

#642 5 years ago

In the club and loving it!

20180812_103753.jpg20180812_103753.jpg
#643 5 years ago

I have a 2017 GT HE for sale, mint condition. Just Incase anyone is looking for one .

Other - For Sale
2017 Golden Tee Archived
“Excellent condition and barely used. Home edition and can connect online to play others (with the paid service, which is about $99 a year).”
2018-08-14
Lagrangeville, NY
3,300 (OBO)
Archived after: 21 days
Viewed: 93 times

#644 5 years ago

Well I pulled the trigger today! Ordered a 2018 HE. Can't wait till it gets here!

Junky

#645 5 years ago

Well I pulled the trigger today! Ordered a 2018 HE. Can't wait till it gets here!
Junky

Congrats! Welcome to the HE Club!

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Congrats! Welcome to the HE Club!

Thanks man!

#647 5 years ago
Quoted from CosmicChasm:

I have a 2017 GT HE for sale, mint condition. Just Incase anyone is looking for one

Other - For Sale
2017 Golden Tee
“Excellent condition and barely used. Home edition and can connect online to play others (with the paid service, which is about $99 a year).”
8 days ago Lagrangeville, NY 3,300 (OBO)
CosmicChasm

I would be interested if I could sell my AC/DC... and if I still lived in Poughkeepsie. GLWTS!

#648 5 years ago

Get one SteveO, just finished mine up. Like playing this more than pinball at the moment. Will upgrade to 2019 soon.

IMG_2111 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_2111 - Copy (resized).JPG
#649 5 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

Get one SteveO, just finished mine up. Like playing this more than pinball at the moment. Will upgrade to 2019 soon.
[quoted image]

I definitely want to at some point. I have a GT Complete but that looks like lots more fun.

#650 5 years ago

I've been looking to join this club for some time now. After talking to Nick yesterday I'm getting ready to pull the trigger. I do have an opportunity to buy a buddies 2017 GT that he used on location for about 6 months. My question is could I use this machine "live" in my home? I'd also like to upgrade to the latest and greatest games (not sure of the cost). I have zero interest in competing for prizes or in tournaments. All I really want to do is play buddies on-line.

There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.