2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 931 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by EncryptedMind
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 128 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E6C38C34-06A6-4B4D-8F3D-938274DDFB68 (resized).jpeg
182A778F-5F25-47E2-B251-3038BB6A4C38 (resized).jpeg
silverstrike5 (resized).jpg
silverstrike4 (resized).jpg
silverstrike2 (resized).jpg
silverstrike (resized).jpg
silverstrike3 (resized).jpg
20190409_191337 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 5.57.47 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 5.51.19 PM (resized).png
IMG_1168 (resized).jpg
GT 1 (resized).JPG
GT 3 (resized).JPG
20181228_172931 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-01-02-23-21-26 (resized).png
20190102_231406 (resized).jpg

There are 931 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 19.
#501 1 year ago

I would be interested in finding a combo Golden Tee / Silver Strike Bowling pedestal. Does anyone have one of these combo units? Would you recommend it for a home environment? I would like Golden Tee while my kids would also enjoy the bowling.

Thanks
Ed

#502 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

I would be interested in finding a combo Golden Tee / Silver Strike Bowling pedestal. Does anyone have one of these combo units? Would you recommend it for a home environment? I would like Golden Tee while my kids would also enjoy the bowling.
Thanks
Ed

There's a couple sellers on Ebay selling custom combo versions but they are $6500-$8k...They don't appear to be official licnesed models.

#503 1 year ago

Pre- Pre-2000 Golden Tee....absolutely loved me some Sega Genesis back in the day!

E4180D60-9176-4B02-BCBB-FD959B216089 (resized).png

37141A18-D8FF-4165-BB16-1AFD1DE20BAC (resized).png

#504 1 year ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Welcome to the club! Tried adding you but couldn't find you under TATMAN.
If anyone would like to add me feel free. My name is STPCORE on Golden Tee. Haven't seen any Pinside invites in a while...

Quoted from nascarrey:

Me either....
Methinks Chris is busy chasing that little man around.....lol

Try looking up his Pinside INFO...His real name is in there and can be found on GT Caddy that way

#505 1 year ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I assume tournaments invite are 4 rounds of golf? Is there a cut?

Invites are one round.

#506 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr-Hodes:

Try looking up his Pinside INFO...His real name is in there and can be found on GT Caddy that way

I was referring to the Pinside GT invites.

#507 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr-Hodes:

Got your request. My key pad should be here today. Ordered a card and key pad last week. Then I can sign in.

#508 1 year ago

Key pad is here.

CFCCD051-3B78-439C-B718-B9F98953CAAE (resized).jpeg

#509 1 year ago

What's the keypad used for?

#510 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

What's the keypad used for?

You can sign in online with a card reader or key pad.

#511 1 year ago

You think they would have built in keyboard functionality. After all, you can enter information if you lose you card. Why can’t I use that virtual keyboard to sign in.

#512 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Key pad is here.

Easy 10 min install.....added one to my HE last year.

#513 1 year ago
Quoted from pinden007:

You think they would have built in keyboard functionality. After all, you can enter information if you lose you card. Why can’t I use that virtual keyboard to sign in.

You can...once you generate a cardless id #.

#514 1 year ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

You can...once you generate a cardless id #.

What is the point of the keypad then? If you lose your card and don't have a cardless ID? Does it allow you 'log in' to your account?

#515 1 year ago

You get your 'lost card id' form the GT caddy app (or from your online GT account) and sign in through the 'lost card id' at check in.

#516 1 year ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

You get your 'lost card id' form the GT caddy app (or from your online GT account) and sign in through the 'lost card id' at check in.

Exactly. The keypad isn't necessary but may speed things up a bit versus using the trackball and the on screen keyboard.

#517 1 year ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Exactly. The keypad isn't necessary but may speed things up a bit versus using the trackball and the on screen keyboard.

One less 'id card' in my wallet.....lol

#518 1 year ago

Has anyone found that the game locator doesn't see to be very accurate? I was looking for game in the nearest bar.

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Has anyone found that the game locator doesn't see to be very accurate? I was looking for game in the nearest bar.

Its only as accurate as the operators are at listing them at the right location and removing them, Which isnt much. Speaking of I need to update mine

#520 1 year ago

I want to get some Pinside tourney invites sent out next week. If you'd like toplay PM me your info so I can add you to the invite list. My name on GT is stpcore. If you cant find me PM me.

#521 1 year ago

OK guys, I am obviously late to this party - I want in but have a couple of questions. What is the space requirement for this game? I want to mount the monitor on the wall.

Also, what do I have to buy now to be current?

#522 1 year ago

I just picked up a Golden Tee Live 2018. The tv is to small for me so I'm buying a 50 inch. Some say go with a 55. Thoughts? It's going in a brewery.

#523 1 year ago

mine is hooked up to a 60" no issues going larger

#524 1 year ago

I have a Samsung 50” led 1080p

536F97EC-D7D6-458E-BB62-995BEE0FDEA6 (resized).jpeg

#525 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

mine is hooked up to a 60" no issues going larger

Hmmmm.

Quoted from tatman9999:

I have a Samsung 50” led 1080p

Looks good. Maybe I will try a 55 inch.

#526 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I just picked up a Golden Tee Live 2018. The tv is to small for me so I'm buying a 50 inch. Some say go with a 55. Thoughts? It's going in a brewery.

I didn't want to go crazy...got a 48" tv for $199 when I got mine...most OP's go with the 42" tv.. (takes up less space in the bars), but its personal preference....

Quoted from RTR:OK guys, I am obviously late to this party - I want in but have a couple of questions. What is the space requirement for this game? I want to mount the monitor on the wall.
Also, what do I have to buy now to be current?

Check out tatman9999's pic above-hes got a factory stand which puts the tv at the perfect distance from the machine.
To be current-what version do you have now?

Quoted from pinden007:

Some OP's NEVER update their app.....its best to always call the bad and confirm that the machine is still there....

#527 1 year ago

I have 2 different clients that have their machines hooked up to their 50" and then roll the machine over to their 150" projectors. the computer doesn't care what size screen it is hooked up whether its the 27" screen in the original cab, the 42" that most operators use, or a 12' projector. I would get the largest screen you can fit in your budget and area.

#528 1 year ago

So, I have the opportunity to buy a 2018, used but in apparently decent condition, for $1500. No monitor. Any tell tale issues I should be watching for?

#529 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have 2 different clients that have their machines hooked up to their 50" and then roll the machine over to their 150" projectors. the computer doesn't care what size screen it is hooked up whether its the 27" screen in the original cab, the 42" that most operators use, or a 12' projector. I would get the largest screen you can fit in your budget and area.

I think I'm going with a 55 inch. It's going into a brewery and the want a big tv.

#530 1 year ago
Quoted from TrevixClemson:

So, I have the opportunity to buy a 2018, used but in apparently decent condition, for $1500. No monitor. Any tell tale issues I should be watching for?

Reboots are a big red flag. Make sure you power it off and on multiple times and play the game. There are some PCs they sent out that have some sort of issue and the PC crashes all the time.

#531 1 year ago
Quoted from TrevixClemson:

Check to see how old the computer is.. Should have a sticker on it that shows what version it was new

#532 1 year ago

Well I'm back in the market for a Golden Tee Live Pedestal with 2018 loaded and TV stand. Seller back out on our deal. Long story but holy shit. It sucked. Let me know what for sale.

#533 1 year ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

What about this? Good price? Can I play home tournaments on the Live model?

Soooooo, that's the one I just bought. It appears to be a slightly older unit upgraded to 2018 (I need to look at the computer case I suppose). Came with monitor. Cabinet is HUGE and I will be either cutting it down or finding a conversion kit. The rubber you see on top is actually nailed on with finish nails, so a little bit of a mess, but certainly nothing major. Bottom of the cab a bit chewed, but again, nothing major. He has one or two left I believe.

#534 1 year ago

Lemme know if you want one of my cabinet conversion kits. Have for Live and Fore style cabinets.

ebay.com link » Golden T Cabinet Conversion Kit Live And Fore Cabinet Kits Discount For 2

#535 1 year ago

What can someone tell me about this Golden tee?

received_1736050633120734 (resized).jpeg

#536 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What can someone tell me about this Golden tee?

Ron is pretty darn good!

#537 1 year ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Ron is pretty darn good!

?

#538 1 year ago

LOL he's referring to Ron's high scores!

Looks like a newer deck (they changed to green decks about 4 years ago.....looks like a factory tv stand too....

What else do you want to know?

#539 1 year ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

LOL he's referring to Ron's high scores!
Looks like a newer deck (they changed to green decks about 4 years ago.....looks like a factory tv stand too....
What else do you want to know?

How can I tell if it's chopped. I heard some people say that guys will chop a cabinet and the look original. I just want an original.

#540 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

How can I tell if it's chopped. I heard some people say that guys will chop a cabinet and the look original. I just want an original.

Hard to tell from that angle.....got any side view pics? Any pics of the Nighthawk in it? Initial thought is it doesn't look like a cut down cab.....

#541 1 year ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Hard to tell from that angle.....got any side view pics? Any pics of the Nighthawk in it? Initial thought is it doesn't look like a cut down cab.....

Thanks. I'm waiting for the guy to send pics of the sides. What's a good price on it if it is the real deal, 2018 Live installed with tv stand. No tv.

#542 1 year ago

NIB these are 4k....stand extra.... thats a commercial unit youll need a new security chip from it and yearly subscription fee of $100. How much is he asking?

#543 1 year ago

It’s a cut Down with a new controll panel it looks like.

JJ

#544 1 year ago

If any folks get a group together to buy multiples of at least 2 units shipped, I will sell my cabinet conversion kits to this forum for $350.00 per unit shipped on "Live" kits, and $390.00 per unit plus $25.00 shipping of "Fore" style cabinet kits. The "Fore" kit has to ship in a custom box because of the extra attached piece, hence the increased price. That is $150.00 off of regular price of "Live" and $110.00 off of "Fore".
Thanks,
Tom

#545 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The coin door is wrong for an original GT cab. The dedicated pedestals and Live cutdown cabs have a vault style coin door and the Fore cabs have an over/under with separate DBV door. I'm guessing it's a homemade cab because of the Happ DBV pinball coin door and the speaker cutouts.

#546 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

The coin door is wrong for an original GT cab. The dedicated pedestals and Live cutdown cabs have a vault style coin door and the Fore cabs have an over/under with separate DBV door. I'm guessing it's a homemade cab because of the Happ DBV pinball coin door and the speaker cutouts.

Thank you. I am still looking for a Golden Tee Pedestal and Stand. Cash ready. Commercial not Home.

#547 1 year ago

Anyone have any issues with their Golden Tee 2018 not booting or showing a display? I have a feeling its the video card but I can't open the Nighthawk without voiding the warranty.

I originally thought that it may be going through a couple of reboots (my monitor doesn't sync to show a pic until that's completed) but I'm not getting any display (and it's not playing blind) on my HDTV.

This sucks with hosting a party for Mother's Day today!

#548 1 year ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Anyone have any issues with their Golden Tee 2018 not booting or showing a display? I have a feeling its the video card but I can't open the Nighthawk without voiding the warranty.
I originally thought that it may be going through a couple of reboots (my monitor doesn't sync to show a pic until that's completed) but I'm not getting any display (and it's not playing blind) on my HDTV.

Yes, sorta

I have found with my new television or the new IO board IT sent + the majority but not all HDMI cables, I have to power up the TV first then the GT.

If I dont do so in the right order then I will never get a pic.

Hopefully that's your issue. Otherwise ya I bet the gpu is to blame.

#549 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yes, sorta
I have found with my new television or the new IO board IT sent + the majority but not all HDMI cables, I have to power up the TV first then the GT.

Agreed on power up order. Same thing here.

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from stpcore:

No issues for the party I was hosting Saturday night.....

Quoted from PW79:

Yes, sorta

+1 for the power up order here too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 23.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 59.00
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 84.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
There are 931 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside