Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 days ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0833 (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1716753001030 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9972 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9971 (resized).jpeg
    35F49D77-D254-4F31-899F-6B6D35FC3E83 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7017 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9916.gif
    There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 63 days ago

I personally thought prices were mostly high. 5k for BSD? No thanks I’ll keep waiting for stuff to come back down. Only thing I really noticed that sold was the Elton John show machine.

Someone I know had a pretty clean ID4 listed at $3500 obo and the only offer he got all weekend was $1500.

#152 63 days ago

I was actively shopping with cash in my pocket. Prices for stuff I was interested in were either unrealistic high, or good prices but condition was rough (which translates into still being over priced)

One older game my kids really loved, I pulled up the pinside archive, and market price was soo much lower I didn’t even bother texting because I didn’t want “low ball blow back”.

Luckily I met a great pinsider few days before show and had a fair deal for both of us, so still got something new for the fam.

(Lastly highly surprised the Funhouse demo game was not for sale. Now that the alcohol and festival mode is out of my system, I won’t be getting one, but Saturday night I was definitely ready to load my truck with it.)

IMG_7017 (resized).jpegIMG_7017 (resized).jpeg
    #153 63 days ago

The problem is people are still asking COVID prices for most pins. That market is long gone.

#154 63 days ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

The problem is people are still asking COVID prices for most pins. That market is long gone.

How does that explain no one buying discounted new games? No one was even making offers, so really don't think it's an issue of pricing slightly high.

#155 63 days ago
    Quoted from daley:

How does that explain no one buying discounted new games? No one was even making offers, so really don't think it's an issue of pricing slightly high.

I think we are in a buyers market of wait and see how low stuff will go. Show machine jaws pro was $600 off, imo $1000 off would have moved them out the door.

#156 63 days ago

Stern did the pirate a huge disservice by not having Wicks available to demo and take home after. I would have taken a Wick home if one was available. Same with looney tunes, fun house, pulp fiction, labrynth. None were available. The one Elton available sold.
    Every other game can be found highly discounted.

Last year I took foo home with me after the show, and saw first hand all the other foos go to happy homes after the show as we all loaded up.

#157 63 days ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I think we are in a buyers market of wait and see how low stuff will go. Show machine jaws pro was $600 off, imo $1000 off would have moved them out the door.

And the sales tax pretty much wipes out the discount, tough to pull trigger when some one like flip n out will drop sales tax , and free delivery to ur front door 2-4 days max.

#158 63 days ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Slow year and wallets not coming out.
    I felt extremely lucky to sell the gun and golf game em's.
    Swap meet was the same.
    Only if it was cheap did something sell for 5/10 bucks.
    I do think people are feeling the pinch of high prices on everything. Not just pinball.
    I really felt 3000 for my Escape from the lost world was a good price. Couple tire kickers, but then Ghosted.

That gun game was a trip. I cannot find any videos about it. Want to show my wife.

#159 63 days ago
    Quoted from daley:

Because NIB prices have gone up since COVID from the distributors. So the discounted new games are at COVID prices.

#160 63 days ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

What we have right now is a stalemate. Buyers are disagreeing with the prices listed and think they're owed prices from 10+ years ago because the market is slow, but sellers don't want to list at a big discount because inflation is causing them to spend more for whatever item they're raising the cash for. The only stuff that sells is firesale pricing, but that stuff always sells regardless of the market sentiment. Imagine the psychological impact if another bigger surge in inflation happens, bigger than during the lockdowns.

#161 63 days ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Because NIB prices have gone up since COVID from the distributors. So the discounted new games are at COVID prices.

So your trying to say there is no market for NIB pinball and they need to drop prices to pre-COVID? I think your dreaming if that is your hope.

#162 63 days ago
    Quoted from daley:

So your trying to say there is no market for NIB pinball and they need to drop prices to pre-COVID? I think your dreaming if that is your hope.

There is a minimal market right now for new inbox pricing. They want to see the same kind of sales pre-Covid…then prices will have to go the same pre-Covid. There will always be a few games that sell at current prices.

#163 63 days ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

There is a minimal market right now for new inbox pricing. They want to see the same kind of sales pre-Covid…then prices will have to go the same pre-Covid. There will always be a few games that sell at current prices.

Well, American just sent an email for $500 off NIB.

The market already ripped $1500 or more off American's GTF NIB. So, nice to see them trying something, but they need to sharpen those pencils for the quality level they're putting out.

But don't get too excited, kiddies. Barry O's BBQ Challenge is excluded from this exclusive offer.

#164 63 days ago

I think FOMO is over and people are more selective in their purchases. You could buy NIB and if you didn’t like it you knew you could at least get your money back that’s not the case anymore.

#165 63 days ago

What American needs to do is to put out a decent theme. GTF and Barry O themes are killing them worse than other manufacturers.

#166 63 days ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

What American needs to do is to put out a decent theme. GTF and Barry O themes are killing them worse than other manufacturers.

Job one at American is get a competent leader. The rest of the challenge is do-able with a competent person in charge.

#167 63 days ago
    Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Imagine the psychological impact if another bigger surge in inflation happens, bigger than during the lockdowns.

If that happens a lot of distributors and more than a few manufacturers will fold up shop . A lot of people are having to tighten their belts now . Nobody’s gonna be paying exorbitant prices for a pinball when they’re struggling to pay the rent and put food on the table .

#168 63 days ago

Inflation has hit EVERYTHING hard in the past five years. It’s hard to mentally adjust to. I’m starting to feel like my grandparents talking about how much bread and milk cost when they were kids. Pinheads seem caught up in thinking that there is going to be a disinflationary period longer and deeper than what we’ve seen in the past year. Combine that with lots of mediocre or worse games coming out and it’s no wonder that sales are slow. Trading plus or minus a little cash seems to be the thing right now. Buying a game listed under market and selling one under market to fund it also works.

#169 63 days ago
    Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

If that happens a lot of distributors and more than a few manufacturers will fold up shop . A lot of people are having to tighten their belts now . Nobody’s gonna be paying exorbitant prices for a pinball when they’re struggling to pay the rent and put food on the table .

Not to disrespect anyone who is struggling, but if someone is that close to the edge they really shouldn’t be spending any money on pinball - not even coin drop on location.

#170 63 days ago

Came home with a nice Bond 007. This game is a sleeper. Thx Gary!

35F49D77-D254-4F31-899F-6B6D35FC3E83 (resized).jpeg35F49D77-D254-4F31-899F-6B6D35FC3E83 (resized).jpeg
    #171 63 days ago

This Tine Machine was such a pleasant surprise in the far corner at the show.
    I enjoyed the 4th ball, art package, and the levitating playfield.
    Thank you very much to the individual that brought this and I hope it went to a good home if sold.
    Games like this are one of the reasons why I enjoy going to pinball shows.
    IMG_9971 (resized).jpegIMG_9971 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9972 (resized).jpegIMG_9972 (resized).jpeg

#172 63 days ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Thank you very much to the individual that brought this and I hope it went to a good home if sold.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Wow, how did I miss that? I hate when I leave a show and think about the pins I walked by and didn’t realize.

#173 58 days ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

That was my Buddy Hans's machine. Him and I shopped and repaired TM over the last year. He has a collection of funky games.

#174 58 days ago

Wanna thank Uncivil Engineer for a great trade.
    A few years back I traded him my project Space Shuttle and $$$ for a RFM.
    This time it was a project NASCAR for my fully functioning space shuttle back.
    Allen took the time to troubleshoot the NASCAR with me present and he had it up and running in no time.

#175 58 days ago

RFM doesn’t get the respect it deserves . Such a great game ! It may not be very challenging to shoot but it’s as entertaining as any game I own and will never leave !

#176 58 days ago
    Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

RFM doesn’t get the respect it deserves . Such a great game ! It may not be very challenging to shoot but it’s as entertaining as any game I own and will never leave !

Whenever guests come over, RFM is the first game they go to and the one they talk about the most after. They may actually like other games more, but RFM is a great 'hook' to get non-pinball people curious and engaged.

#177 57 days ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Only bummer of the show for me was that every time I went buy to play this game it wasn’t open. My bad luck. Great show!

#178 57 days ago

The ceiling lighting at this festival causes nasty reflections on playfield glass. A couple games i think were even unplayable because of this. I like Planetary Pinball's indoor tent he sets up, he unintentionally fixes that issue.

#179 57 days ago

The ceiling lighting at this festival causes nasty reflections on playfield glass. A couple games i think were even unplayable because of this. I like Planetary Pinball's indoor tent he sets up, he unintentionally fixes that issue.

The ceiling lights don't turn off in sections they zig zag across the ceiling. We had most of the lights off Friday and Saturday and had them on Sunday. 1 problem we have is the vendors can't see.if they are all the way off. We're looking at solutions so we can get to the arcade feel want.

We have fluorescent tubes pulled in the tournament room for this reason

#180 57 days ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

The ceiling lights don't turn off in sections they zig zag across the ceiling. We had most of the lights off Friday and Saturday and had them on Sunday. 1 problem we have is the vendors can't see.if they are all the way off. We're looking at solutions so we can get to the arcade feel want.
    We have fluorescent tubes pulled in the tournament room for this reason

I don't know how wide the inside main hall is, but maybe suspend some translucent scrims below the lighting to filter and distribute the light below more evenly? For example a 40ft x 100ft poly translucent scrim is about $300. Suspending it is another problem, though. I'm not sure there are points to connect it on the inside of the main hall roof.

#181 57 days ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know how wide the inside main hall is, but maybe suspend some translucent scrims below the lighting to filter and distribute the light below more evenly? For example a 40ft x 100ft poly translucent scrim is about $300. Suspending it is another problem, though. I'm not sure there are points to connect it on the inside of the main hall roof.

Unfortunately it is massive and very high. It would be easier to provide independent lighting to each vendor

#182 57 days ago

Here's a pic of the hall
    FB_IMG_1716753001030 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1716753001030 (resized).jpg

#183 57 days ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Here's a pic of the hall
    [quoted image]

Yeah, I remember the main hall is huge, but I haven't been there since before the pandemic, so I wasn't sure about dimensions. It's probably the coolest main hall of any pinball show, at least in the US.

#184 57 days ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I remember the main hall is huge, but I haven't been there since before the pandemic, so I wasn't sure about dimensions. It's probably the coolest main hall of any pinball show, at least in the US.

Feels like you could store a plane in that hall it’s that impressive of a space. They’ve learned the layout and balance it complimenting vendors and games. A separate SS/EM, home brew, tournament, and Marco seminar area stood out better this time as well. The show just keeps improving in so many ways every year.

#185 56 days ago

Thanks Pete. I’m looking forward to getting another project from you next year.

Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

Wanna thank Uncivil Engineer for a great trade.
    A few years back I traded him my project Space Shuttle and $$$ for a RFM.
    This time it was a project NASCAR for my fully functioning space shuttle back.
    Allen took the time to troubleshoot the NASCAR with me present and he had it up and running in no time.

#186 56 days ago

A couple games i think were even unplayable because of this.

I played a couple of those. Really unfortunate placement. But I think that's also the answer: placement. It might just take some trial and error with a few games to map out where the places are with the least amount of reflections on the glass and develop the rows and circles from there. It might just be some slight shifting here and there, honestly. There were only a few games that were unbearable that I remember.

#187 56 days ago

As a vendor, we appreciated having some lights on. Even with the few that were off we had to use flashlights from our phones for people to see some of the product. It makes it tough to sell when people can't see.

#188 55 days ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

As a vendor, we appreciated having some lights on. Even with the few that were off we had to use flashlights from our phones for people to see some of the product. It makes it tough to sell when people can't see.

Could also just put the vendors in the other halls with the more traditional ceilings and lighting and leave the main hall with the high ceiling for pins alone? Or maybe have a canopied area in a side or corner of the main hall and put LED lighting strips in the canopy underside to provide local lighting to the vendor(s) underneath?

#189 55 days ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Could also just put the vendors in the other halls with the more traditional ceilings and lighting and leave the main hall with the high ceiling for pins alone? Or maybe have a canopied area in a side or corner of the main hall and put LED lighting strips in the canopy underside to provide local lighting to the vendor(s) underneath?

The vendors want to be where the guests are at, so mixing pinballs and vendors is critical.

Regardless, there is definitely room for improvement and we appreciate the good ideas. Keep them coming!

#190 55 days ago

Yeah, I definitely prefer to have my booth in the hall with the modern games, no-brainer there.

#191 54 days ago

Personally I enjoy the room and vendor layouts and as an attendee I give lots of attention to both rooms vendors.

At this last show I myself preferred the entry room with a real mix of games wayback and some great vendors, not to mention the raffle prizes. I spent a lot of time in this room, especially compared to years past.
    Thanks for listening. Rock on.

IMG_0833 (resized).jpegIMG_0833 (resized).jpeg
    There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.