(Topic ID: 55953)

Golden Eye Target kick back target doesn't work.

By flashinstinct

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinballlizard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2013-07-08_21.57.27.jpg
pin.jpg

#1 6 years ago

I'm picking up a Golden Eye tomorrow. Only point of wear is at the drain hole magnet and the right hand side flipper and the rest is totally awesome. Guy says he's had it for 5 years and bought from another guy who had it in his basement for 7. The drive is less awesome but who cares.

#2 6 years ago

Wow, nice score. I'm into mine for quite a bit more than that and I'm not even in Canada.

#3 6 years ago

Sweet...just fill the magnet wear, paint it black, put some mylar over it. It's impossible to 100% detail match on a game like that (the playfield art is painted with detail like a translite) ...but James Bond's clothes (where it wears) are black...it matches well enough that no one will really notice.

#4 6 years ago

Crotch Wear is awesome on GE they all have it, Its not a GE without wear to Pierce's Crotch!!!

Joe(acejedi)

#5 6 years ago

Only $300 less then what they are worth. Just hope the drive wasn't to far away.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Only $300 less then what they are worth. Just hope the drive wasn't to far away.

This seems like kind of a douchey comment.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Just a little bit. Nice pick up op.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

There is usually one in every crowd.

Nice pickup indeed. I was fortunate that my GE did not have any magnet wear.

FYI, the ramps on this pin flame polish very easy and very nice. With the ramps being so visible, this is a big plus.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

It cost me $120 for gas. Their is the crotch ware, no fading of the cab, the translite is immaculate. Only a few things happening with switches. I got it finally for $1200 and in Canada that's what we call a good deal. One of the problem is the "kick back" switch in the middle top of the playfield. It activates the extra ball and the locks but it doesn't kick back. Any pointers?

I am confused by your statement. On my GE the stand up next to the ball lock activates the multi ball locks and ultimately the extra ball on zena squeeze. How you start the mini rounds like zena squeeze is the center ball lock.

#12 6 years ago

Congrats on a nice deal on a cool game. I agree with what was already mentioned regarding the ramps, flame polishing those will make a big difference on this game.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

There is usually one in every crowd.
Nice pickup indeed. I was fortunate that my GE did not have any magnet wear.
FYI, the ramps on this pin flame polish very easy and very nice. With the ramps being so visible, this is a big plus.

The ramps are already super clean, I will flame polish. The guy said he played about 100 games in 6 years. I was lucky, the guy hadn't opened the backbox or lifted the playfield "EVER". The batteries where still ok, no corrosion, no rust anywhere. The backbox boards are cleaner than the day they left the assembly line.

The flippers will probably need to be rebuild.

Quoted from pinballlizard:

I am confused by your statement. On my GE the stand up next to the ball lock activates the multi ball locks and ultimately the extra ball on zena squeeze. How you start the mini rounds like zena squeeze is the center ball lock.

If you take a look at this video at the 28 sec
http://pinball.org/videos/gameplay-videos/goldeneye/

When the ball hit's that "stand up" it comes shooting right back at the flipper. Mine doesn't do that. Any ideas?

#14 6 years ago

First off, congrats on the purchase! That's a great price on this machine and it's a really fast and fun game.

Quoted from Acejedi:

Crotch Wear is awesome on GE they all have it, Its not a GE without wear to Pierce's Crotch!!!

Joe(acejedi)

There is one at least... I'll try to grab a picture later this evening...it's the only one I've ever seen without the wear. Must have hardly been played on route.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Sweet...just fill the magnet wear, paint it black, put some mylar over it.

I've heard some people say that the mylar interferes some with the magnet save on this game. Does anyone have mylar over theirs with no issues? Just want to double check before laying a piece down. TIA!

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

I've heard some people say that the mylar interferes some with the magnet save on this game. Does anyone have mylar over theirs with no issues? Just want to double check before laying a piece down. TIA!

I'm going to fill the wear pain over and clearcoat the entire playfield. That's going to be a fall project.

Does anyone know if they make side rails with flipper protectors like stern for this machine?

#16 6 years ago

Does anyone know if they make side rails with flipper protectors like stern for this machine?

Not sure about side rails, but there is this: http://www.treasure-cove.net/Golden_eye.htm

#17 6 years ago

I think the Stern rails will fit, but they have two holes along the side for screws that GE doesn't use.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Does anyone have mylar over theirs with no issues? Just want to double check before laying a piece down. TIA!

When I put mylar on mine, the magnet save stopped working. I had to peel it off.

#19 6 years ago

When the ball hit's that "stand up" it comes shooting right back at the flipper. Mine doesn't do that. Any ideas?

That's just a stand up target. When it's hit hard, it's going to come whizzing back. Maybe your flippers are weak if yours won't do that?

#20 6 years ago

Flippers seem strong enough. Maybe after cleaning all the grim and dirt off the contact I'll ahve better results.

#21 6 years ago

they all don't have crotch rot

2013-07-08_21.57.27.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 131.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside