13 days ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by sataneatscheese
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

692c351d03af4730ea4e4613f69663f2779dd671 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

#1 13 days ago

Price

Wanted

wanted

Golden Balls - does anyone sell them?

Added: October 30th, 2019

Item description

I'm looking for golden pinballs... does anyone sell them? This would be for my upcoming Wonka CE pin.... I just thought it'd be really awesome to have gold balls for this game given the golden goose and all.... thanks!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Shipping/pickup info

Pick up
    Willing to ship mainland
    Willing to ship overseas

Linked to games

This ad is not linked to a game.

Contact

Contact benbethel via PinsideMail.

Send PM

Item location

Flagstaff, AZ, US

Seller insights

These are benbethel's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to benbethel's stats page

Other ads from this Pinsider

benbethel currently has 6 other ads on the Pinside marketplace.

Wanted
    Machine - Wanted
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Machine - For Sale
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Wanted
    Machine - Wanted
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Machine - For Sale
    Phoenix, AZ
    Machine - For Sale
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wanted
    Machine - Wanted
    Flagstaff, AZ

#2 13 days ago

Every one I've ever tried, the gold wears off sooner or later. And then you have gold dust/flakes all over the game.

LTG : )

#3 13 days ago

+1

Better keep regular balls
    But to put some gold in , here are some realy nice Wonka mods, also a golden egg!

https://themodcouplepinball.com/products/jjp-willy-wonka-custom-bad-egg-custom-mod?_pos=7&_sid=0fadcfeb1&_ss=r

They have more great stuff.

#5 13 days ago

This link might help.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-want-gold-balls

I tried the recipe for making gold balls too. I can’t remember being overly impressed, but it worked if your interpretation of ‘gold’ is pretty broad. It worked though and was kind of cool.

#6 13 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Going nuts arent you?

#7 13 days ago

A pinball only weighs 2.8 ounces. At 6 free balls and once captive ball you would only need 19.6 ounces of gold... or around a pound and a quarter (555 grams). At a spot price of $1,490 per ounce right now, you'd need $29,204 in material to get your balls. Gold is relatively easy to work with, and you can build a setup to work with it at home for around $500.

After this... all you would need is the actual pinball machine for $12,500. All in all, you could have your very own CE WONKA with Golden Balls for around $42,000.

That or you could throw on some sparkle paint from Hobby Lobby.

Good luck! If you do smelt your own balls post some pictures for us!

#8 13 days ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Going nuts arent you?

Oh, I wish I could unsee that...

#9 13 days ago

I remember having a goldball pinball once along time ago. It did have a goldball in it. That's about all I remember from the game. So at one point they did make gold balls.

Also, I would love to meet the douche bag that would buy and wear a gold nutsack around his neck.

692c351d03af4730ea4e4613f69663f2779dd671 (resized).jpg
    #10 13 days ago

I had one as the captive ball in my IJ. Even then the gold wore off quickly with light use and meticulously maintained pin. Honestly,I really wouldnt bother

#11 13 days ago

That was a great post, thank you for that. However, you could use 14K gold at just over half the price of 24K gold... or there are several methods out there to color stainless steel.... I'm finding steel, silver, copper, brass, black, pearl, glow in the dark, and multicolored balls... just not gold. I am weary of copper/brass as they seem they'd tarnish and leave dirt on the play field.

Anyone have experience with other colored balls? Do they play the same? Seems some are ceramic? I'm pretty new to mods, so any help is appreciated!

Next up, I'd like to figure out how to see if we can get those background graphics updated on Wonka - after all the previous JJP pins I was really expecting something magical and not so 'meh' in the background graphics.

#12 12 days ago
    Quoted from benbethel:

That was a great post, thank you for that. However, you could use 14K gold at just over half the price of 24K gold... or there are several methods out there to color stainless steel.... I'm finding steel, silver, copper, brass, black, pearl, glow in the dark, and multicolored balls... just not gold. I am weary of copper/brass as they seem they'd tarnish and leave dirt on the play field.
    Anyone have experience with other colored balls? Do they play the same? Seems some are ceramic? I'm pretty new to mods, so any help is appreciated!
    Next up, I'd like to figure out how to see if we can get those background graphics updated on Wonka - after all the previous JJP pins I was really expecting something magical and not so 'meh' in the background graphics.

I would think some of those other metals would behave and wieigh differently from a standard ball. Might not play well

#13 12 days ago

Put on yellow sunglasses?

Or solid brass balls maybe you can test if they hold up?

1 week later

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside