(Topic ID: 125293)

Golden Arrow plastics! Who needs 'em? edit: (They are in!)

By presqueisle

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

030_(resized).JPG
043_(resized).JPG
044_(resized).JPG
_PussInBoots1.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DirtFlipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

I'm in!

Email sent.

8 months later
#27 8 years ago

They've been willing to make some more sets, but continue to have challenges getting enough sold to want to make more. They do such an awesome job on them, I try to get them for games when I can. Very faithful repros, and really make a playfield pop. It takes about ten sets for them to break even and be willing to do it.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I wish there prices were more in line with repros PBR sells. I do buy them when needed. but if the prices were a bit lower I would replace just ok sets with new ones or trying to hunt down that one broken piece.

I suspect PBR sets were made quite a long time ago, and were cheaper to have made at the time. Some of those sets are truly bargain priced. I figure between the time it would take to either find used ones, or make new ones, the extra cost to get the high quality replacements is justified (and factor it into the game base cost).

But my impression is they'd just be happy to have folks follow through on requested sets. Much like backglasses and playfields from other folks, they make them on getting a commitment for the minimum number.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

He said he still had stock 2 years after they were produced.

Probably the same stock now...

Ever notice the 'browning' on the peel off paper? That's from age.

3 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DirtFlipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-arrow-plastics-who-needs-em?tu=DirtFlipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.