(Topic ID: 125293)

Golden Arrow plastics! Who needs 'em? edit: (They are in!)

By presqueisle1

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DirtFlipper
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

030_(resized).JPG
043_(resized).JPG
044_(resized).JPG
_PussInBoots1.gif

#1 4 years ago

Hello, Lee at Pinball Rescue would need 5 to commit for plastic sets to put them into production. He asked that folks email him if interested.

www.PinballRescue.net

If you contact Pin Rescue, please post here as well. Thanks!

I'm in for 1 set...4 to go.

Dave

#2 4 years ago

I'm in!

Email sent.

#3 4 years ago

Great DF! 3 to go...

(I have paypal figured out now DF, I'm dangerous!)

#4 4 years ago

Golden Arrow is a great game, and plastics aren't available. Maybe someone would like a spare set?

#5 4 years ago

If you had asked me a few months ago...

#6 4 years ago

e-mail sent, I'm interested in cost + shipping . . . .

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

If you had asked me a few months ago...

Sorry Alex! Hey, looking at some local Pitch and Bat em games this weekend, may give you a pm sometime about it if you don't mind.

Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:e-mail sent, I'm interested in cost + shipping . . . .

If that's a problem...I can buy and mail you your set..no charge for shipping! That goes for anyone else too. Just let me know on a pm.

Thanks all

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Sorry Alex! Hey, looking at some local Pitch and Bat em games this weekend, may give you a pm sometime about it if you don't mind.

Sure, sounds interesting.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

If that's a problem...I can buy and mail you your set..no charge for shipping! That goes for anyone else too. Just let me know on a pm.
Thanks all

Has a cost been established yet ?

thanks for the shipping offer !

#10 4 years ago

I'll go in for a set just to have a backup. More often than not the sling plastics are busted on this game.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Has a cost been established yet ?
thanks for the shipping offer !

You're welcome. Didn't ask price. Most sets from that era $75 - $96...I think.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I'll go in for a set just to have a backup. More often than not the sling plastics are busted on this game.

Great! 2 to go.

And just a reminder, in case you haven't already, to send them an email too. Thanks!

#13 4 years ago

Bump for this chance to get some plastics for Golden Arrow! Seems just a little interest now...so who knows when or if more will be made. Only 2 more commitments needed to get these made.

#14 4 years ago

I will take a set.

#15 4 years ago

I will take a set too!

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I will take a set.

Quoted from ChilePin:

I will take a set too!

Great, and please remember to send Lee at Pinball Rescue an email too. I'll follow up with them also to confirm the interest.

Thanks

Dave

#17 4 years ago

best repro plastics in the business hands down

#18 4 years ago

Pinball Rescue will be putting Golden Arrow Plastics into production!

No production date yet, but I will update here when they tell me. I believe they produce a number of sets roughly equal to the demand, so if you need them (or think you MAY need them) post here and drop Lee at Pinball Rescue a line. Worst case, you're holding onto a 'hard to get' set of plastics.

I appreciate the 'group buy' here to get these going!

Dave

#20 4 years ago

Lucky bastards. Never found even one other person that wanted Crescendo plastics...I'll show you punks!

#21 4 years ago

i should take about a year. I wanted sing along done and got the people together. took about a year from when I got the ok

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Lucky bastards. Never found even one other person that wanted Crescendo plastics...I'll show you punks!

You need to work on your begging.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

You need to work on your begging.

You mean like this?

_PussInBoots1.gif
8 months later
#24 3 years ago

Golden Arrow plastic sets are in! (as of Jan 22nd) Lee at Pinball Resource does it again.

Please contact them now to pre-order, availability starts Jan 22nd, per Lee. Also, Lee stated not to be worried if you do not receive an automatic response, as he will be out till close to the 22nd.

sales@pinballrescue.net

Thanks again to all who participated in this group buy! Those who didn't and/or who may now have a Golden Arrow may want to send Lee a note and get in on this. I doubt more of these will be made by PinRescue. Golden Arrow is a real fun pin and I'm glad I was able to find a very nice example (Thanks DF). Just had a few broken plastics...but now she'll be brand spankin new, to me.

Dave

ps if anyone can tell me how to edit the topic that would be great. (figured it out)

#25 3 years ago

Bump for Pinball Rescue and Golden Arrow.

#26 3 years ago

They are certainly pumping out the titles. Just checked their site and see several new to me game sets such as the seldom mentioned, but fun Bank/Sure Shot.

#27 3 years ago

They've been willing to make some more sets, but continue to have challenges getting enough sold to want to make more. They do such an awesome job on them, I try to get them for games when I can. Very faithful repros, and really make a playfield pop. It takes about ten sets for them to break even and be willing to do it.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

They've been willing to make some more sets, but continue to have challenges getting enough sold to want to make more. They do such an awesome job on them, I try to get them for games when I can. Very faithful repros, and really make a playfield pop. It takes about ten sets for them to break even and be willing to do it.

I wish there prices were more in line with repros PBR sells. I do buy them when needed. but if the prices were a bit lower I would replace just ok sets with new ones or trying to hunt down that one broken piece.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I wish there prices were more in line with repros PBR sells. I do buy them when needed. but if the prices were a bit lower I would replace just ok sets with new ones or trying to hunt down that one broken piece.

I suspect PBR sets were made quite a long time ago, and were cheaper to have made at the time. Some of those sets are truly bargain priced. I figure between the time it would take to either find used ones, or make new ones, the extra cost to get the high quality replacements is justified (and factor it into the game base cost).

But my impression is they'd just be happy to have folks follow through on requested sets. Much like backglasses and playfields from other folks, they make them on getting a commitment for the minimum number.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I suspect PBR sets were made quite a long time ago, and were cheaper to have made at the time. Some of those sets are truly bargain priced. I figure between the time it would take to either find used ones, or make new ones, the extra cost to get the high quality replacements is justified (and factor it into the game base cost).
But my impression is they'd just be happy to have folks follow through on requested sets. Much like backglasses and playfields from other folks, they make them on getting a commitment for the minimum number.

I would have no problem putting down a non refundable deposit on the sets I want. that way they would make them with out the full risk of the guys that say (I'M IN ) the never pony up the cash when they are in stock
they did a few partial sets like abra. I know quite a few machines have that one plastic that is always broken and the rest a near mint. those are the sets I hate dropping 100+ on. I think if they just did a few more partials like that they would sell more.
I am just glad that they are doing it, I will continue to buy them at the market rate.
I know wade K. just purchased a laser cutter and if Gottlieb LLC gives him the green light he will start to do set also.
as far as PBR they never run out of stock on those sets so I assumed the are still being made, never though they were old production items from years ago

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I suspect PBR sets were made quite a long time ago, and were cheaper to have made at the time. Some of those sets are truly bargain priced.

I bet PBR sets are priced better because they don't do a set that might not have the volume demand and they make a bunch keeping the cost down.

What's funny is Steve was complaining - this was easily 15 years ago - about how slow/poorly the El Dorado plastic sets sold originally. He said he still had stock 2 years after they were produced. Essentially he implied he would not have made them had he known how slow they would sell.

Obviously the market has changed and we all win, regardless of the price. I committed to a set for Golden Arrow so they would get made. I don't recall if my game needs it or not.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I bet PBR sets are priced better because they don't do a set that might not have the volume demand and they make a bunch keeping the cost down.
What's funny is Steve was complaining - this was easily 15 years ago - about how slow/poorly the El Dorado plastic sets sold originally. He said he still had stock 2 years after they were produced. Essentially he implied he would not have made them had he known how slow they would sell.
Obviously the market has changed and we all win, regardless of the price. I committed to a set for Golden Arrow so they would get made. I don't recall if my game needs it or not.

68 bucks for the el do set is a bargain, that set is large. I bout two sets one as spare. I did the same with jacks open
these large sets would be 120ish down under

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

68 bucks for the el do set is a bargain, that set is large. I purchased two sets one as spare. I did the same with jacks open
these large sets would be 120ish down under

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

68 bucks for the el do set is a bargain, that set is large.

Originally they were only $50 a set.

I used to keep at least one set around as a spare also. It was surprising how often I needed it with the ED's that came along throughout the years.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

He said he still had stock 2 years after they were produced.

Probably the same stock now...

Ever notice the 'browning' on the peel off paper? That's from age.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Probably the same stock now...
Ever notice the 'browning' on the peel off paper? That's from age.

I noticed it on JO set I just had out the other day. I had that set for 3 years unused. I thought the browning was from my storage. can't remember if it was like that when I got them. I have an order in for atlantis set. i'll see if it has the aged paper.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I noticed it on JO set I just had out the other day. I had that set for 3 years unused. I thought the browning was from my storage. can't remember if it was like that when I got them. I have an order in for atlantis set. i'll see if it has the aged paper.

I know they have done reruns of some games as he was out for a title I needed and then back in stock. I have seen the sets at PBR still in the sheet they were cut/stenciled and they do buy in bulk (over 100 at a time!), so that may factor into the pricing.

#38 3 years ago

I would love to add an excellent condition "factory original" right hand lower sling shot plastic to my low played Golden Arrow. If anyone that's getting a new repro set has an original right hand plastic from their factory set in excellent condition, I am interesting in buying it.

044_(resized).JPG

043_(resized).JPG

#39 3 years ago

I'll hook ya up if mine is good. Won't see the game till next weekend though. I have 3 chipped but do not remember the exact ones.
Dave

#40 3 years ago

Sounds good..thanks

030_(resized).JPG

#41 3 years ago

Vic,
You need an arteest to come in and paint a nice pinball-themed mural on your garage wall by the "GA"!

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Sounds good..thanks!

030_(resized).JPG

that's a beauty golden arrow !

1 week later
#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I would love to add an excellent condition "factory original" right hand lower sling shot plastic to my low played Golden Arrow. If anyone that's getting a new repro set has an original right hand plastic from their factory set in excellent condition, I am interesting in buying it.
044_(resized).JPG

043_(resized).JPG

Sorry, both my lower plastics are chipped! Good luck finding what you need.
Dave

#44 3 years ago

Sill looking for the lower right plastic....

#45 3 years ago

Are this repro set still available for purchase?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 34.99
Cleaner
Pinball Pro
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 50.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 89.99
$ 11.95
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside