You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014Jul26 003.JPG
2014Jul26 001.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Another day, another pin pickup.

This game was supposedly purchased by a doctor for his daughter to play, and was later purchased by a co-worker for the same purpose. I bought it from that second owner after they owned it 30 years. Good story, but I've no way to verify for sure. The cabinet white would attest to it being well-kept though.

29K plays on the meter. Unfortunately, the backglass has some flaking right on the guy's torso. But I think I can swap in a better glass. (Anyone know if Mayfair has these, BTW?)

2014Jul26 001.JPG2014Jul26 001.JPG
2014Jul26 003.JPG2014Jul26 003.JPG

#2 9 years ago

nice pickup!

#3 9 years ago

Yep! Congrats once again Dirt!

Ken

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Another day, another pin pickup.

Dang , what are you doing growing them on trees up there.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Dang , what are you doing growing them on trees up there.

I just take them as they come. Feast or famine.

#6 9 years ago

It is beyond me DF how you continually manage to pick up these splendid games. Are you paying 'spotters fees'??

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

It is beyond me DF how you continually manage to pick up these splendid games. Are you paying 'spotters fees'??

Nope.

I can describe how I get them, but I can't explain it.

#8 9 years ago

The best thing about DirtFlipper's great acquisitions is that every game he finds gets first-rate restoration attention. Keep on bringing them back to life, DF! Although nothing that engenders so much entertainment value ought to be altruistic, I consider it a public service.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

the backglass has some flaking right on the guy's torso. But I think I can swap in a better glass. (Anyone know if Mayfair has these, BTW?)

Yes, Mayfair did have these backglasses when I sold my "GA" at the Allentown show. The guy who bought my game bought an NOS glass from Steve because mine also had flaking on the Indian's torso. Another guy at the show who bought a very beat "GA" with no backglass also bought one from Steve. I'm pretty sure he has more, but maybe not absolutely perfect ones; they are NOS, but some have a few scars from handling them over the years. I actually installed the NOS glass into my former game at the guy's house just recently. The game looks awesome with the new glass.

#10 9 years ago

Do you recall how much Steve gets for a GA glass? A few scratches are better than lifted ink and flaking. (Although this one will seal down OK, and it's not very widespread.)

Does Steve ship glasses, or is it pick up only? (I've never purchased a glass from him before.)

#11 9 years ago

Go to his website and contact him. He sets up at the Pennsylvania shows, so if I need a glass from him, I'll usually ask him to bring it to either show. I've never had him mail a glass to me, but I'm sure he'll do it.

#12 9 years ago

Maybe $150-175 for slight blems. I have done the same at Pinfest and have been happy with his glass.

#13 9 years ago

That seems pretty reasonable for a NOS glass! Thanks for the info.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-arrow-opportunity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.