Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by BenB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I am trying to help my Dad gets his 77 Golden arrow to score correctly. Still a newbie to em fixing so I appreciate your help! I’ve got the schematic.

Current issues.
-100s score reel will not advance the 1000s

-when hitting a 1000 point target all the reels reset to zero while still playing the ball.

I checked and cleaned switches on score reels, ball count unit and on l and m relays. Where do I go next?

#2 6 years ago

If you can get the schematic scanned at Staples ($2) that would help.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from BenB:

I am trying to help my Dad gets his 77 Golden arrow to score correctly. Still a newbie to em fixing so I appreciate your help! I’ve got the schematic.
Current issues.
-100s score reel will not advance the 1000s
-when hitting a 1000 point target all the reels reset to zero while still playing the ball.
I checked and cleaned switches on score reels, ball count unit and on l and m relays. Where do I go next?

Check and clean the switches on the 100 point relay. Tighten the switch stack screws first. There is a switch that doesn't do anything until the 100 point score reel is at position "9". Then, it increments the 1,000 point score reel to the next digit.
I had a "Golden Arrow" once, and every single switch stack screw was loose, as well as every screw holding anything to the underside of the playfield. As for your second problem, again, could be a relay with loose switch stack screws causing the switches to be sloppy and erratic. You're saying the game resets when you hit a target worth 1,000 points?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I had a "Golden Arrow" once, and every single switch stack screw was loose, as well as every screw holding anything to the underside of the playfield. As for your second problem, again, could be a relay with loose switch stack screws causing the switches to be sloppy and erratic

Great tip there @JRPinball. Just went through the Flying High, and almost all of the switch stacks with the Bakelite spacers needed the screws turned a 1/4 turn. The switch stacks into the underside of the playfield were tight. Thanks for the reminder.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Check and clean the switches on the 100 point relay. Tighten the switch stack screws first. There is a switch that doesn't do anything until the 100 point score reel is at position "9". Then, it increments the 1,000 point score reel to the next digit.
I had a "Golden Arrow" once, and every single switch stack screw was loose, as well as every screw holding anything to the underside of the playfield. As for your second problem, again, could be a relay with loose switch stack screws causing the switches to be sloppy and erratic. You're saying the game resets when you hit a target worth 1,000 points?

The game will remain on the current ball in play, but will reset all reels to 00,000 after hitting a 1,000 point target such as the middle pop bumper during game play.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball
Lighting
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 325.00
Playfields
Trident Pinball Homebrew
Playfields
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-arrow-issues?hl=benb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.