(Topic ID: 155942)

Golden Arrow help...mysterious blue wire...?

By Breaking_Dad

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4559_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Trying to help a buddy with his first pin....Gotlieb Golden Arrow...aparently the hold relay was brittle and crumbled...he installed a new one and does not know what to do with this blue wire....it was taped (lol) to the old relay.....any info on where to start is much appreciated....if you need any more info..ask away...Thank you................Joey

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

I'd say it's to a non-factory switch to light the machine up, or a fix. Solder it back to where it was taped unless you mean it was literally not connected, then just don't connect it and see how it does. You could do that regardless. Would be very very very easy to spot if something was wrong, that's a very important relay, and the machine simply wouldn't do ANYTHING or light up correctly like it should if that wire was needed.

#3 8 years ago

Since this is his first game AND he's trying to learn, it might be worth the investment to buy a schematic.

That sounds like a fun project of comparing the wiring to the ink.

Just sayin....

Good luck!
faz

#4 8 years ago

Thank you guys.................Joey

#5 8 years ago

On 70's Gottlieb games, any plastic insulated wires are full line current.

#6 8 years ago

I do have this title in my collection. You will find that the 'Blue' wire connects directly to the 'Hold' Coil. This will energise the coil which is then latched through the leaf contacts. In your bottom photo you can see where the blue wire has been cut away from the coil lug.

IMG_4559_(resized).JPGIMG_4559_(resized).JPG

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

I do have this title in my collection. You will find that the 'Blue' wire connects directly to the 'Hold' Coil. This will energise the coil which is then latched through the leaf contacts. In your bottom photo you can see where the blue wire has been cut away from the coil lug.
IMG_4559_(resized).JPG

Yep, without having the game in front of me, that would have been my guess. Right to the coil itself.

#8 8 years ago

Thank you so much for the input gentlemen....I've passed it along...will report back............Joey

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-arrow-helpmysterious-blue-wire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.