WP_20150313_10_07_17_Pro__highres (resized).jpg
20180609_130040 (resized).jpg
20180609_130038 (resized).jpg
20180609_121123 (resized).jpg
20180429_115940_001 (resized).jpg
20180428_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180205_171636930 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mima.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Let´s start a club for this, in more than one way, unique game!

gb1.jpggb1.jpg
gb2.jpggb2.jpg

#4 6 years ago

I am currently trying to resurect my Goldball

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from astyy:

share some pics of where you're at dude, plenty of room in this club

I think I will. And I also hope to get some help and valuable pointers as I go along..

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from astyy:

Here's a decent pic of my pf, two things are wrong if you can spot them, also has the field service kit plastics installed. Installing the ROM that changes the Gold Ball feature from random to skill is essential.
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1024/Bally_1983_Gold_Ball_Field_Service_Kit_Instructions.pdf

Center pop bumper cap is from a 8 ball delux, and something funny is going on with the metal cover plate for the center targets.

I have the field kit on my game but I lack the plastics, any good source of obtaining those?
Could you possibly make me a high resolution & quality scan of those?

Cheers
/mima

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from astyy:

Something else is not the normal standard, more subtle, which actually looks good and possibly factory....

Not a problem, I've already done them for somebody else, but they aren't very different or necessarily better just says "SPOTS LETTER".
On which subject there are a load of plastics on the bay at the mo from a US based seller (not the field kit version);
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bally-Gold-Ball-Pinball-Machine-Plastic-M-1330-209-4-FREE-SHIP/122467142434

There are these blue lane-change-plastics in the top, red is standard of that is what you mean?

I have already bought a couple of the plastics (that are semi-broken on my game) from that seller on ebay, yet to be delivered tough.

I know that those two plastics don´t add much, but as I have the field kit rom I would like to have the plastics installed too.
No good source for those two specific field-kit-plastics?

Looking forward to the scans
/mima

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from astyy:

Yer I never noticed, I wonder if it came out of the factory like that as they'd run out of red that week!
If you pm me your email address I'll send you the scans of the field kit plastics.

I kind of like the blue, it ties in to the over all theme better than the reds.
As I will likely replace all the ribbed star posts anyway, I am now considering
taking the blue pill instead of the red (intended Matrix paraphrase).

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

I'm liking the blue too. Here is a pic of mine all lit up. I added lights under the top corner plastics. I also put blue LEDs in the "GoldBall" letters in the playfield. It looks a bit washed out in the pic, but it is very bright and looks great

Great idea for the corner plastics. Would you mind removing the plastics and snap a photo to show off your work?

#24 6 years ago

This is where I am at the moment. Striped playfield for cleaning and waxing. Sad wear in the upper part. Cleaning and replacing parts as I go forth.

DSC_0287.JPGDSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0288.JPGDSC_0288.JPG

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

These are from Coin Taker, $5 each. I used the alligator clips on a nearby GI. Super Easy!

Thanks man!

1 month later
#32 6 years ago

Hi guys, I could need some help!

Could one of you please take a close up of the gold-target switch stack?
My fell apart while cleaning and I am uncertain of the correct layering

Cheers
/mima

1 year later
#46 4 years ago

Hey guys i have an annoying issue with my GB. Some times (more frequently lately) it is impossible for the game to eject the gold ball for goldball play. It simply does not shoot up. Mech cleaned new sleeve. What might be the issue?

Any ideas?
/Mima

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Check your Solenoid driver board for bad solder joints at the print headers.
Problem number 1 for these things.

I don't understand how that could affect the performance, as the solenoid fires every time. No issues there. The ball just will not shoot all the way up the through.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mima.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goldball-the-future-of-pinball-has-just-arrived?tu=mima and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.