3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Cherga
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cherga.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I’ve been bringing a Gold Wings back to life and am in the home stretch of getting fully working. I’m having intermittent sound problems. The transformer ground mods have been done. The sound board in the machine is a ma-766. Most of the time music with no bass line works along with game play sounds. One out of twenty games, the initial start game tune plays but most times it does not. One out of fifty times the bass line plays. Occasionally the music disappears on the second ball and returns on the third. I’ve swapped boards with one that is known good and have the same symptoms and the Gold Wings board works fine in another machine.

I have a new set of sound ROMs ordered so that will be my next step. Any suggestions beyond that is appreciated. Thanks

#3 3 years ago

Yes, when that is done the startup sound works but still no bass/beats.

#4 3 years ago

Bad sound roms, all good now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cherga.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gold-wings-sound-problems?tu=Cherga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.