Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gold Strike H relay (resized).jpg
242292940_541347150308342_6609873256188122301_n (resized).jpg
242291754_345963143881502_943223904825232905_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

I'm new to pinball. Picked up a gold strike. When I put the quarter in it credits 5 balls then just cycles down to game over without kicking out the ball. No ball, no points, game over.

#2 2 years ago

What are the Trough Switch (see 1st picture) and the 1st Ball relay (V) doing when this happens?
The Tilt mechanisms in the 2nd picture could be making contact when they shouldn't

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 2 years ago

Thx for your input. The tilt light is on so I think you are correct with it being tilt related. Is there a way to disconnect the tilt mechanism? The trough switch that the ball rolls over when it gets kicked out isn't making contact and doesn't do anything (the ball never gets kicked out to start). Where is first ball relay v ?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Kman2:

The tilt light is on so I think you are correct with it being tilt related. Is there a way to disconnect the tilt mechanism?

If the Tilt relay (T) is activating when this happens,
disconnect the Orange-White-Red wire from the Tilt relay (T) solenoid, or put an Alligator Clip jumper wire across the normally closed switch on the Tilt relay.

#5 2 years ago

I just had the same problem with Team One. Just finished shopping the playfield and the game did just what you were describing. Found out that part of the coin door was making contact with the ball return coil. Weird. It would work fine with the coin door open, but not with it closed. Probably not your problem, but just felt like sharing. Gold Strike-nice game!

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Kman2:

Thx for your input. The tilt light is on so I think you are correct with it being tilt related. Is there a way to disconnect the tilt mechanism? The trough switch that the ball rolls over when it gets kicked out isn't making contact and doesn't do anything (the ball never gets kicked out to start). Where is first ball relay v ?

I own Gold Strike and when I turn the game on, the tilt light is on until I push button to start a game.

#7 2 years ago

Power on

242291754_345963143881502_943223904825232905_n (resized).jpg242291754_345963143881502_943223904825232905_n (resized).jpg
#8 2 years ago

After I finished a game. I've only had the game a few weeks and am feeling very frustrated with it. Please don't laugh at my score.

242292940_541347150308342_6609873256188122301_n (resized).jpg242292940_541347150308342_6609873256188122301_n (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#9 2 years ago
Quoted from duckkillerclyde:

I own Gold Strike and when I turn the game on, the tilt light is on until I push button to start a game.

As soon as I put the quarter in the game starts w/o pushing the red start button and never clears the tilt light. It just cycles thru the ball in play lights til game over. Score 0

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Kman2:

As soon as I put the quarter in the game starts w/o pushing the red start button and never clears the tilt light. It just cycles thru the ball in play lights til game over. Score 0

Is your H/Tilt Hold relay stuck on? If so, check the two switches in the red box. Both should be open at the start of a game.
Gold Strike H relay (resized).jpgGold Strike H relay (resized).jpg
/Mark

1 week later
#11 2 years ago

I went to look at this yesterday. No relays are stuck on and I think the Tilt is stopping it from starting via the coin door, which looks ok. All Tilt sw. are ok, so it's not there. It will lite up and pops and flippers will work if H is held on.

1 week later
#12 2 years ago

Got it: the sw. on T needed replacing, and the trough sw. needed adjusting. Jones plugs and some sw. needed cleaning as well.

The tip off was that H was not energizing, and T, despite the TILT state, was not either. Oddly though, T would energize if I manually activated H, which threw me for a bit.

Ruleset question: are the drops supposed to reset after each ball? They do not. I know WOW does.

1 week later
#13 2 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Ruleset question: are the drops supposed to reset after each ball? They do not. I know WOW does.

Gold Strike does not reset targets after each ball. Once all the targets are down they reset and the Wow activates which awards a free ball for every lit target hit and for the three upper right rollovers if they're lit. The Wow expires once you drain.

/Mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Venice, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gold-strike-startup-problem?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.