(Topic ID: 193968)

Gold Strike not going into Wow mode with all drops down.

By embryonjohn

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by MarkG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

In a classic case of not leaving well enough alone. I took out the playfield and brought out the disassembled Gold Strike outside to blow out all the dust, reassembled it inside and now it won't go into WoW mode with all the drops down. What should I be looking for 1st?

#2 2 years ago

If it's anything like my Pop A Card, there may be some sequence relays that track if all targets in a bank are down. Check for that and also examine the switches on the drops themselves - might have dinged one pulling the playfield.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

now it won't go into WoW mode with all the drops down. What should I be looking for 1st?

The U/Reset Target Bank relay should fire once all the targets are down to reset the targets and fire the P/Wow Control relay which turns the Wow light on. For the U relay to fire, switches on the back of the drop target banks need to close. Not the individual drop target switches, but the switches that close when all the drop targets are down. Each target bank has one. There's other logic involved, but since you fussed with the playfield, the target bank completed switches seem more likely.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 9.10
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 209.99
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 11.95
$ 229.99
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 67.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 208.87
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
$ 26.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside