(Topic ID: 13681)

Pinball tattoo complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NSFW

By the_pin_family

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1767.JPG
    100_0842.jpg
    100_0840.jpg
    100_0820.jpg
    IMG_1812.jpg
    IMG_1811.jpg
    IMG_1810.jpg
    IMG_1806.jpg
    IMG_1807.jpg
    Paragon.JPG
    image-17.jpg
    photo-57.JPG
    pinup_girls_2.jpg
    cabright.JPG
    DIMAURO_img_05.jpg
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

The idea I'm going in with is a pin-up girl lying on an pin or standing up playing a pin. If she's standing up I want the side or rear view. One of the things I'm trying to work through is the art on the pin. I really don't want the art to be a specific machine. TAF for instance. It's a great pin but I don't want to be stuck with that one pin forever. I'm thinking the BBB. I dont own it and never will but it's like the holly grail of pinball and it incorporates different themes. If not BBB then in going to make it genirec. The pinup girl MUST be a long haired brunett or my wife will kill me. If I can incorporate the pinside logo somehow, subtly, I would like to just for kicks. I'm open to ideas or suggestions. It you have an image I might like please post it. I try to get a tattoo in most of the countries I go to, if there not too 3rd world. Trinidad has some good tattoo artist it seems.

#2 12 years ago

Cool! Working on my sleeves with WAY of INk.

I would have went with a pin focusing on the backglass and to incorporate her in to its art. Big fan of a made up pin theme. Zombie : )

#3 12 years ago

If I were going to do it, I'd go retro. An EM with an era appropriate pinup girl.

#4 12 years ago

After deciding a hot pinup girl on a pin....lol, i just realized....PINup girl on a PIN..lol.. anyways, i thought it would be cool but then realized from another thread...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-that-dude-selling-on-ebay-break-up-with-his-girlfriend

its being done. Id forgotten about these.

#5 12 years ago

Been think-n about a Pin Related tattoo myself.. I Know exactly what i want..

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

If I were going to do it, I'd go retro. An EM with an era appropriate pinup girl.

Yes, I agree!! EM is the way to go. Good thought.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #8 12 years ago

I would think a design with a nod towards the classic EM's would be much cooler than the over rated bbb

#9 12 years ago

WOAH.....she has nice.......eyes!
    Post a pic when the pain is over!

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I would think a design with a nod towards the classic EM's would be much cooler than the over rated bbb

completely agree. Im looking at EM's now. Any suggestions? What EM would look nice under her? Need to find a pic from the propre angle to show the artist. So far i havent found one local that's even heard of a pinball machine.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

WOAH.....she has nice.......eyes!
    Post a pic when the pain is over!

I will. Im going today to drop of the art. They should be able to draw it up and do the work in the next couple days.

#12 12 years ago

How about this? I think I love it!!

cabright.JPGcabright.JPG

#13 12 years ago

Maybe not old enough.......

#16 12 years ago

Damn, its upside down.I must have tilted it to hard.lol

MR. Moderator,
    Would you kindly flip my pic?
    Thank you,
    Tony

#17 12 years ago

I always liked this idea for a tat:

shoot, can't get the link to look right.

Anyways...

Centaur PF, look at the girl btw the flippers holding up the orb. Orb can be painted blue...Girl has a beautiful backside.

Include flippers in and a bit of the surrounding artwork.

Pin theme - Check
    Hot woman - Check
    Great Game - Check!

#18 12 years ago

you cant go wrong with a vargas or olivia pinup.

Look at the 60s gottliebs. they have just great pinups

#19 12 years ago

Fantastic art on an EM...hmmmm CENTIGRADE 37....of course!!

#20 12 years ago

I have always thought the girl on Surfer would make a good tattoo, but she is a blonde.

#21 12 years ago

Fantastic art on an EM...hmmmm CENTIGRADE 37....of course!!

I also love this machine. Its the first one i thought of...but...its going to be the cabinet showing. The cabinet is pink and yellow.

I always liked this idea for a tat:

shoot, can't get the link to look right.

Anyways...

Centaur

I like this. Ive never really taken note of the girl.......Are you ever going to get it? If not I might put it on my list of future possibilities

image-17.jpgimage-17.jpg

#22 12 years ago

Well, at 45, my Tattoo days might be over...I don't have any! back in the day, you were truly a bad-ass if you had tattoos...now it seems like everyone has em.

I dunno, if I ever did get it, and you got it, we would have to meet up...that would be a hoot!

I would love to see what the artist could do with that design. There is some much cool artwork on that pin, it is crazy.

#23 12 years ago

While playing pinball in Vegas, I met a guy fron the Netherlands that said BOP was his "first love". He Then pulled up his shirt to show us his back, completely covered by a tat of the BRIDE! In FULL COLOR!!! Until that moment, I thought no-one was a bigger pinhead than me! I was bad wrong!

#24 12 years ago

Just left the artist. He drew up my piece fast and it's perfect. Can't get it till Saturday night though. I can't get I the salt water for two weeks after its done. I'm going to Tobago fri night and coming back sat night then flying home Sunday morning. Dosent leave much time for a tattoo. I may have to stay out of the water in Tobago. That's not going to make the wife happy. Decisions, decisions.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

Just left the artist. He drew up my piece fast and it's perfect. Can't get it till Saturday night though. I can't get I the salt water for two weeks after its done. I'm going to Tobago fri night and coming back sat night then flying home Sunday morning. Dosent leave much time for a tattoo. I may have to stay out of the water in Tobago. That's not going to make the wife happy. Decisions, decisions.

Sweet! What did you go with...was it the Centaur pic?

#26 12 years ago

Looks like the wife lost out. I'm getting it tomorrow noon. It was then or never. I don't care to get in the ocean anyways. I'm more of a pool guy. I'll post pics when it's done.

#27 12 years ago

BBB dancer would be sick!

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

BBB dancer would be sick!

I was thinking the samething. pole and all

#29 12 years ago

The Bride of Pinbot would be cool.

#30 12 years ago

Much of the cabinet artwork on the sides of e-m pins from 60's & early/mid 70's is not very impressive.
    How about considering main cabinet artwork of Bally's 1978 Playboy,
    but put something different for backbox side art.
    For backglass art work (if it will be visible on the tatoo),
    then what about Arkon Automaten's 1980 Sexy Girl. See pics on IPDB.

#32 12 years ago

The Mata Hari side art would make nice tat-art I think...

There's always Paragon to consider...

Paragon.JPGParagon.JPG

#33 12 years ago

Almost got a tat once.

Walked into Sailor Eddie's parlor in Philly. I must have been 19 or 20. I spent about an hour carefully picking out the one I wanted and thought looked classy-a black rose in full bloom.

the artist asked what name I want in the ribbon. I said none, leave it blank. He replied, "No, I won't do that anymore. The last three people he but that on with a blank ribbon all died or were killed 30 days from getting the tat."

It was a memorial rose.

I thanked him and left remaining tatless as I do to this day.

#34 12 years ago

I keep tryin to get the wife to get a playfield tat on her back. Add a couple flipper buttons on the hips n ill be tilt'n the nights away.

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinballkim:

I keep tryin to get the wife to get a playfield tat on her back. Add a couple flipper buttons on the hips n ill be tilt'n the nights away.

That's a cool idea... you could put a tennis ball in the hollow of her back and see how far you can shoot it up her spine!!

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinballkim:

LMAO

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Almost got a tat once.
    Walked into Sailor Eddie's parlor in Philly. I must have been 19 or 20. I spent about an hour carefully picking out the one I wanted and thought looked classy-a Black Rose in full bloom.
    the artist asked what name I want in the ribbon. I said none, leave it blank. He replied, "No, I won't do that anymore. The last three people he but that on with a blank ribbon all died or were killed 30 days from getting the tat."
    It was a memorial rose.
    I thanked him and left remaining tatless as I do to this day.

Yea, I don't think I would have gotten one either. But you should have picked something else. But there not for everyone.

#38 12 years ago

Its done!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_1807.jpgIMG_1807.jpg IMG_1806.jpgIMG_1806.jpg IMG_1810.jpgIMG_1810.jpg

#39 12 years ago

more

IMG_1811.jpgIMG_1811.jpg IMG_1812.jpgIMG_1812.jpg

#40 12 years ago

pretty cool!

#41 12 years ago

really like the pinup choice. It is a lot larger than I thought it would be. everyone will know your a pinhead now for sure.

thank you for sharing

#42 12 years ago

Its wayyyy bigger than I thought also but im 6ft 3in and 230lbs so it had to be big to look right. Thats what the guy had drawn up when I got there so I went with it. Im happy i did now. Its still swollen and red. When it heals it's going to look great. It took 6 full hours. I have lots of tats but ive never sat for 6 hours before. The last hour was painful. Very, very painful. But its done and done forever. I love it. Its def my favorite.

#43 12 years ago

Very cool.

#44 12 years ago

that's takes up some serious real estate
    looks good

#45 12 years ago

It was cool following your design from conception to completion! Thanks for sharing.

#46 12 years ago

Agree on the pinup choice, sexy but classy. Nice.

#47 12 years ago

im thinking her with long hair.

I think that makes an excellent tat.

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

that's takes up some serious real estate
    looks good

For the price I couldn't resist.2200 tt in US dollars is $366. I get 6 to 1 on the dollar if I go to the embassy cashier. It's a $800-$1000 tat in the states all day. Now I have something to remember trinidad. I've wanted a pinup girl and a pin tattoo for a while. Since I killed two birds with one stone I need an idea for the other shoulder

I just wanted to put out a warning if your traveling and want to get a tat. Most of these 3rd world countries don't have any laws on tattoos. Many of these places are not as sanitary as shops in the states. One of the shops I went into used a wooden table as a work bench.BIG no,no. The work must be done on stainless steel. Some of these places boil and reuse needles. I know enough about tats to spot a dirty or unsanitary shop. If you've never gotten a tat or don't know all the ins and outs don't get one while traveling. I looked and looked for a tattoo shop that was run properly. I finally found a guy that was trained in the states and followed the rules we use in the states even though he didn't have to. If I got a tat in the first place I walked into it could have been bad.And ALWAYS, ALWAYS make them open the needle in front of you. I even ask to inspect to package for damage before its opened. NO TATTOO IS WORTH YOUR LIFE!!!

#49 12 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

the_pin_family said:im thinking her with long hair.

Thanks honch. I see your in hershey, Pa. Were taking the kids there when summer vacation starts. We've never been and the kids have been dying to go. And no im not getting a chocolate tat.lol

#50 12 years ago

Honch said:the_pin_family said:im thinking her with long hair.
    Thanks honch. I see your in hershey, Pa. Were taking the kids there when summer vacation starts. We've never been and the kids have been dying to go. And no im not getting a chocolate tat.lol

Hershey is a great park!

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/going-today-to-get-a-pinball-tattoo-could-use-some-help-with-graphics-and-ideas?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.