(Topic ID: 18703)

Going to Walt Disney World - Where are the best pins there?

By Nuclear_Waste

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2591 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2590 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Going to WDW in a few weeks. Staying at the All-Star Music Resort

Where are the best pins at WDW?

#2 11 years ago

There is an arcade under space mountain in magic kingdom. In feb of this year it had IJ4,Elvis,RCT,RFM,POTC and one other. In Port Orleans (French quarters) they had same line up plus a Tron. Games were overall in better condition in the resort arcades. Have fun!!

Alex

#3 11 years ago

The Contemporary Hotel usually has about 5 clean pins. I have a time share at Animal Lodge that has Tron and Pirates of Carribean at the main hotel and a Nascar and Indiana Jones stern at Kidani Village in ok shape. All Star should have some also, I think.
    Bob

#4 11 years ago

The pins at Disney Quest Downtown are always broken, I hear.

#5 11 years ago

The pins at most of the hotels on property are in pretty good shape. Stay away from the ones outside Space Mountain, they're pathetic. Expect to find a lot of Trons and PoTC (not surprising) - but they're both relatively new so generally in working condition.

I hear Disney Quest used to be great, and the games were all on free play. I also hear because of that they were beat to unholy hell, and have since dwindled down to just a few.

#6 11 years ago

Tron in french qtr was out of order a month ago. (good shape just not working) Shrek and a few others in universal studios. Alot of complaints for the 1.50 for 3 ball play though.

Have fun enjoy some beers and food at epcot while your there.

I went on the kennedy space center tour also. Very cool took about 8 hours and alot of cool space stuff. around 1.5 hour drive each way from hard rock hotel.

Have fun and a safe trip

#7 11 years ago

http://www.gamewarp.org/
    July 27 -29
    There will be plenty of pins to play.

#8 11 years ago

The Contemporary, had Tron, POTC, Nascar, and Elvis just about 3 weeks ago when I was there and where all working great. The card system was not working one night, so all the pins where on free play for about 2 hours. The arcade by space mountain had about six pins on the back wall, but didn't get a chance to play those.

#9 11 years ago

Don't waste your time playing pins at WDW

#10 11 years ago

PoP century has Elvis with no working upper flippers and a good tron while animation resort only has a from pin in good condition

#11 11 years ago

Tron at animation sorry for misspelled word

#12 11 years ago

Pinball? The last thing I'd be thinking about at wdw. why?

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

This is still a pinball forum, right? I always play on vacation/ trips.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Totally Agree!

but having said that ... if you include "Water Park Fun & More Option" in your ticket package you have access to Disney Quest with a bunch of pins and arcades for the family! If its a rainy day you hit the arcades, if not ...the parks for sure

-Mauro

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

This is still a pinball forum, right? I always play on vacation/ trips.

They all play like crap. I've been there five times in the last four years and they've been in disrepair every time. If he or you want to play poorly maintained games while at WDW, go ahead.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

They all play like crap. I've been there five times in the last four years and they've been in disrepair every time. If he or you want to play poorly maintained games while at WDW, go ahead.

When I first read your post, I was thinking you were saying don't play pinball because you are at Walt Disney World and there are better things to do. Which I am sure many a parent has told a pinball nerd while on vacation.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Quoted from davewtf:

Where I live, the closest decent DMD machine (other than my basement) is over 3 hours away. So, for me, any decent pinball experience I can get while out-of-town is a huge bonus--even if I'm at WDW.

Plus, I'm at WDW the week leading into PAPA, so I need to get at least a little bit of practice in during the week, right?

#18 11 years ago

There is always a little down time at WDW to play pinball, and at least 1 pinball at each resort arcade.

In your case there is an arcade at each of the all-star resorts each with pin, and you can walk to each one of them no matter which of the all-stars you are staying at. I think All Star Music has a Tron, though IIRC it was right next to a redemption that played major bass in attract mode and after a few games I just couldn't take it any more. I believe the others are better placed.

The contemporary typically has the best selection in the best condition, and it's on the monorail. The lineup was recently POTC, Tron, Elvis, NASCAR.

Port Orleans lineup was recently POTC, Tron, SWE1

Disney Quest has a nice lineup but pins are never maintained well so you will be disappointed.

4 years later
    #19 7 years ago

Anybody been recently ? I'm going in July and I'm certain that my hotel (Port Orleans French Quarter) has a Tron.
    Any more recent signings ?

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

Anybody been recently ? I'm going in July and I'm certain that my hotel (Port Orleans French Quarter) has a Tron.

we were at port Orleans last summer and it did have a tron. There is a sister resort next door, can't recall the name. it had a bigger game room with 4 or 5 nice pins.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

Haha that tron seemed like it was on a hill with it leaning to the left so badly. Honestly there is a few pins at all the resorts (you can go to any other resort if you are staying on Disney) but the best thing is to take a 35 min ride northeast and hit up pinball palace (I think that's the name) as they have a lot of great games. Hell, my wife went to bed at 9am for her marathon and I drove over and played for 3 hours uninterrupted. It was great.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

we were at port Orleans last summer and it did have a tron. There is a sister resort next door, can't recall the name. it had a bigger game room with 4 or 5 nice pins.

The Port Orleans is two hotels - French Quarter and Riverside IIRC.

Quoted from Procrastinator:

but the best thing is to take a 35 min ride northeast and hit up pinball palace (I think that's the name) as they have a lot of great games.

I never heard of this, but are you referring to the Pinball Lounge??? I just GoogleMap'd it. My son and I are going down for family/Disney/Wrestlemania in a few weeks we always schedule a day where we don't do any parks and just keep it more low key. This sounds like a great way to burn a few hours. Though we're spoiled up here with the Pinball Wizard in NH, this Pinball Lounge had some games we don't get to play on route in NH (ACDC, BOP, AFM, HS2, MET) and we're considering a MET, so it may be good to play one again.

How is the upkeep on their games? Is the place kid-friendly?

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Port Orleans Riverside. Stayed there a couple of years ago.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from Procrastinator:

Haha that tron seemed like it was on a hill with it leaning to the left so badly. Honestly there is a few pins at all the resorts (you can go to any other resort if you are staying on Disney) but the best thing is to take a 35 min ride northeast and hit up pinball palace (I think that's the name) as they have a lot of great games. Hell, my wife went to bed at 9am for her marathon and I drove over and played for 3 hours uninterrupted. It was great.

We've been to WDW a few times and stayed on site. We usually have a day when we tour around the different hotels.
    I don't drive so it will have to be very local to WDW I'm afraid.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

yep, that's it. We stayed at FQ where the tron was, riverside was the place that had more pins.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

yep, that's it. We stayed at FQ where the tron was, riverside was the place that had more pins.

'Tis only a 10 minute walk between the two.

#27 7 years ago

Four Seasons has three pins on freeplay - X-men, Avengers, and Avatar. X-men and Avengers were out of order, but Avatar played well.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I never heard of this, but are you referring to the Pinball Lounge??? I just GoogleMap'd it. My son and I are going down for family/Disney/Wrestlemania in a few weeks we always schedule a day where we don't do any parks and just keep it more low key. This sounds like a great way to burn a few hours. Though we're spoiled up here with the Pinball Wizard in NH, this Pinball Lounge had some games we don't get to play on route in NH (ACDC, BOP, AFM, HS2, MET) and we're considering a MET, so it may be good to play one again.

The Pinball Lounge is Run by two of our Best guys here in Florida, Kurt and Ed.
    Its a Very large room, part of the Oviedo Bowling Alley, with every game in top shape, kid friendly,
    and respectable food.
    Batman66 is the newest to play, and the lineup changes frequently, but very much O towns, place for Pinball!

Depending on the time of day, no traffic, its 30-40 minutes from Disney Area.

Its in a direction that would also lend to one going to the Kennedy Space center from there,
    or all the sites in Winter Park. Of course, you can see if Im around...Im down the Road!

Alot more games now, than this picture, but it shares the Place.

Tournaments and events, if you pass in, say hello to everyone...its likely to find a Pinsider, or Village member
    there at all times playing.

The local things to do, are a huge escape from the tourist areas....Museums, Oak lined streets, Great outdoor dining and shopping on Park Avenue.....

Please reach out with a PM, if I can help.

Art

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Pinball lounge, that is the place. I would say they keep their pins in some of the best condition I have seen, it's seriously impressive. They have a great selection, kid friendly, and there wasn't a ton of people when I went. I'm not associated with them, I just want to make sure it's recognized when a place puts that much time and attention into a quality game room.

#30 7 years ago

I love pinball-dont get me wrong. But if you are spending more than 20 minutes playing pinball at wdw, you're gonna miss something really great! Make sure you are seeing and doing everything possible to do at wdw. There is SO much to do at all of the parks, you could spend a full week easily and still not have done everything on the must do list. Play pinball when you get back home. When you're not spending several thousand dollars a week to travel to and stay at disney.

#31 7 years ago

Its a total douche move seeking a place for pinball at Disney when you can experience so much more with family instead of making them wait as you play. Don't be that guy.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Its a total douche move seeking a place for pinball at Disney when you can experience so much more with family instead of making them wait as you play. Don't be that guy.

I'm with you on that one.

When I went with my family a few months ago, we stayed at the Boardwalk. There was an area on the property that was part of something called the Disney Vacation Club and some of these villas had pinball machines in their room. My girls met a family who was staying in one of these rooms and there was a POTC and Elvis in the living room area.

Nuts.

#33 7 years ago

I've been to Disney World loads of times so I know what's what and I play pinball while the wife and daughter are still in bed. I'm an early riser.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

I've been to Disney World loads of times so I know what's what and I play pinball while the wife and daughter are still in bed. I'm an early riser.

Yes - A early riser. ditching your family early am to play pinball. That is what I call a "Douche move"

#35 7 years ago

Yes - A early riser. ditching your family early am to play pinball. That is what I call a "Douche move"

Its no different than going for a jog, working out, reading the paper, playing pinball....we do the same as long as it doesnt take time away from the fam.

Balance.

#36 7 years ago

You're right of course. I will sit on the bed instead and watch them sleeping. How inconsiderate of me.

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

You're right of course. I will sit on the bed instead and watch them sleeping. How inconsiderate of me.

Well that's what real men do.

#38 7 years ago

There's no such thing as getting to the entrance too early in the morning. You're either surfing the wave at the front of the crowd all day long. Or you are way in the back. Wondering what in the world happened!
    If you are up early, get everyone dressed and over to the gates. When it opens, be the first through the gates and the first on all the rides all day long. Let the dummies sleep late, eat breakfast in the restaurant, play pinball or whatever. When they get home they can tell all their friends how crappy it was and how they spent all day in line! Frequent visitors rarely have those problems because they never ever waste precious morning minutes!

#39 7 years ago

Well that's what real men do.

That's what creeps do. You watch your family sleeping? Yea, real "manly" of you, Pfft.

#40 7 years ago

A "douche move" is telling others how to live their life. When my wife goes to sleep at 7pm for her marathon the next morning should I sit there and "watch her" as I twiddle my thumbs? You keep staying up late watching your family sleep, and everyone else can enjoy time with their families in the way they choose.

#41 7 years ago

This discussion is hilarious. I get it though... if you are paying the exorbitant fees to take your family to Disney World, you should try to get the most value out the activities, but at that point you are likely ignoring all the resort amenities and activities you are paying for too. Pick your poison.

(My $800/day Disney paycation is coming up soon, and if I'm within 5 minutes of a pinball machine, I will put some quarters in it and feel no regrets)

#42 7 years ago

Guys, I think some of you are missing the crux of the matter. I am an early riser. I am usually awake for 5:30 in the morning. I will go for a walk around the hotel grounds, get a coffee and go play pinball for half an hour or so. Then when it gets to 7:00 I will take the wife a coffee back to the room. I can assure you that every day when we go to the parks we are there at the gates waiting for the park to open (and that includes early magic hours starts for Disney hotel guests).

#43 7 years ago

After spending all day standing in 80 minute lines with obnoxious people and shelling out $14 for hotdogs, no one in my family minded when I decompressed with a couple of games of pinball after dinner while they swam in the pool...weird, right?

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

After spending all day standing in 80 minute lines with obnoxious people and shelling out $14 for hotdogs

Right? Some here think if you're in Disney, this is all you should be doing. We're going for 6 days, and bought the discounted 4-day park ticket they advertised on sale during the Super Bowl. We always throw a day or two in there for relaxing. That many days in a row on your feet under the FL sun is taxing. Relax once in a while!

The fact that someone I don't know would call it a D-bag move to take my pinball-playing son to a pinball place is everything wrong with internet forums. It's actually a "douche move" to take my son BACK into the parks during one of our break days and keep pushing him to walk half-marathons in 80F heat just so he can ride attractions again that he went on the day before. If we want to have a pool day at the hotel, and later go out for dinner and play some pinball, there's not an F'ing thing wrong with that.

#45 7 years ago

Every family is different.

When we are in Disney, I do everything my wife and kids want to do. In my eyes, this is their time and their vacation. I'm there to make certain their experience is close to perfect.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Right? Some here think if you're in Disney, this is all you should be doing. We're going for 6 days, and bought the discounted 4-day park ticket they advertised on sale during the Super Bowl. We always throw a day or two in there for relaxing. That many days in a row on your feet under the FL sun is taxing. Relax once in a while!
    The fact that someone I don't know would call it a D-bag move to take my pinball-playing son to a pinball place is everything wrong with internet forums. It's actually a "douche move" to take my son BACK into the parks during one of our break days and keep pushing him to walk half-marathons in 80F heat just so he can ride attractions again that he went on the day before. If we want to have a pool day at the hotel, and later go out for dinner and play some pinball, there's not an F'ing thing wrong with that.

Well said Sir. We will be there for 14 days and will probably go to the parks for about half that time. When we have a park day we get there at opening, spend half a day at the park, go back to the hotel for some pool/relax time and then maybe head out to a different park late afternoon. If there is more than a 30 minute wait for an attraction and we don't have a fast pass we will give it a miss (we have done them all before, many times).

#47 7 years ago

As it gets hotter, Locals approach Disney often times this way.

Up early, gates open, avoid the crowds, enjoy the park until lunchtime.
    If on Disney Property best, Return to Hotel for Lunch, Rest, kids in the pool.
    Depending on personal dining times, head back to the park after 3 or 4, and enjoy the
    evening.

In the summer 12-3 is brutal.

New Avatar Section is in Preview, and opening May 27th.

FYI A lot of the special effects, and creative wizardry.... Flying Dragon, Rose in the castle, were created by a fellow Pinhead, and Villager. Longtime Pinhead Brian!!

There are endless things to do, even outside Disney and the tourist section.

We Just had the Gardens open this weekend in Orlando, International Art Festival this next weekend.

Things "Outside" which some might enjoy include Space Center, Air Boat Rides, 2 different Oceans an Hour or so away, World Class Museums in Central Florida and Sarasota/Tampa, Busch Gardens, Fresh water Springs,
    and all of the city we enjoy while living here.

One of the great Joys is staying on Disney Property, and the other is leaving Disney and Exploring.

New Water Park thats massive, opening up with Universal.

Jeez, so much.....pinball is a natural fit for us, just to unwind and address the crowds, people, expenses, etc.

To each is own, and we are grateful here, although bitch about the traffic, for all those that vacation here.

#48 7 years ago

We were at universal, which we like better, last July. It was hotter at home in nj than it was there. Only one pin that I saw, a kiss pro in one of the arcades...I didn't play it.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

As it gets hotter, Locals approach Disney often times this way.
    Up early, gates open, avoid the crowds, enjoy the park until lunchtime.
    If on Disney Property best, Return to Hotel for Lunch, Rest, kids in the pool.
    Depending on personal dining times, head back to the park after 3 or 4, and enjoy the
    evening.
    In the summer 12-3 is brutal.
    New Avatar Section is in Preview, and opening May 27th.
    FYI A lot of the special effects, and creative wizardry.... Flying Dragon, Rose in the castle, were created by a fellow Pinhead, and Villager. Longtime Pinhead Brian!!
    There are endless things to do, even outside Disney and the tourist section.
    We Just had the Gardens open this weekend in Orlando, International Art Festival this next weekend.
    Things "Outside" which some might enjoy include Space Center, Air Boat Rides, 2 different Oceans an Hour or so away, World Class Museums in Central Florida and Sarasota/Tampa, Busch Gardens, Fresh water Springs,
    and all of the city we enjoy while living here.
    One of the great Joys is staying on Disney Property, and the other is leaving Disney and Exploring.
    New Water Park thats massive, opening up with Universal.
    Jeez, so much.....pinball is a natural fit for us, just to unwind and address the crowds, people, expenses, etc.
    To each is own, and we are grateful here, although bitch about the traffic, for all those that vacation here.

I love Kennedy Space Center. Hard to get to for us as we don't hire a car when over there. I haven't been since the shuttle was put on display which is something I really want to see.

#50 7 years ago

Was at Art of Anamation in January.

IMG_2590 (resized).JPGIMG_2590 (resized).JPG

IMG_2591 (resized).JPGIMG_2591 (resized).JPG

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/going-to-walt-disney-world-where-are-the-best-pins-there and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.