(Topic ID: 11881)

Going to the pinball museum in Baltimore Md, with five kids today. YAYYY, UGH.

By the_pin_family

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Never been, can't wait. Five kids, what am I thinking??? Anyone been? Anything I need to know or can't miss while I'm there? Wish me luck, i'm going to need it.

#2 12 years ago

5 kids! Never a dull moment between kids and pins. Sounds like a total blast man. Good luck...on beating the kids' highscore

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

5 kids! Never a dull moment between kids and pins. Sounds like a total blast man. Good luck...on beating the kids' highscore

Pretty funny!

#4 12 years ago

Make sure you bring some dollar bills....you can't play the original CAPCOM machines without it (BBB, KP, and BS...all adult themes of course)....the money is donated to charity. Try to find the closest parking garage....think it's the one on light street. The museum is right next door to Ruth's Chris steak house...it's almost hidden but you will see it through the glass windows. If its not too busy and David Silverman in there.....he will give you a well guided tour of the bottom "museum" part of it all...very cool guy to talk to and loves pinball....obviously as he is the owner.

I would say to go for a walk around the inner harbor as its two blocks south of the museum but it's damn near cold today...especially with the high winds...so maybe not!

ENJOY!

#5 12 years ago

Thanks for the tip's. Ill take some pics and post back later.

#6 12 years ago

wish you the best

#7 12 years ago

Not to shabby. I'm here creating little pinheads. Not as big as I expected but that dosent make it any less fantastic. Already played BBB, it's nice but pricey dosent even begen to explain the price. My first time playing several I've been waiting for.

#8 12 years ago

I am going to Baltimore in a few weeks, where is the museum? Got a link? Also pinballerchef how far from the convention center? Thanks

#9 12 years ago

National Pinball Museum
    608 Water Street, Baltimore, Maryland

http://www.nationalpinballmuseum.org/homepage.html

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

where is the museum?

games listed... http://www.nationalpinballmuseum.org/museum/machines.html

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I am going to Baltimore in a few weeks, where is the museum? Got a link? Also pinballerchef how far from the convention center? Thanks

Great idea! I will be headed to Baltimore next week also. Ovfdfireman with 35 games in your collection you could start you own museum. This is a great way to play pins I might have an interest in. There is also a museum similar to this in Asbury Park, NJ called the Silverball Museum. Over 200 machines but alot of older EM's as well.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinnation:

ovfdfireman said:I am going to Baltimore in a few weeks, where is the museum? Got a link? Also pinballerchef how far from the convention center? Thanks
    Great idea! I will be headed to Baltimore next week also. Ovfdfireman with 35 games in your collection you could start you own museum. This is a great way to play pins I might have an interest in. There is also a museum similar to this in Asbury Park, NJ called the Silverball Museum. Over 200 machines but alot of older EM's as well.

Ya know it's funny, my wife and I were just talking about this, I plan to talk to Silverman about the "how too's" while there. Fun, and probably deductible. We have nothing around here really, some call it a pinball wasteland.

#12 12 years ago

I can imagine the craziness with 5 kids along for the ride! But you, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman for showing those kids the great game of pinball! Hopefully they too will turn out to be pinheads as well...
    Cheers!

#13 12 years ago

I volunteer at Playland and it's typically wall to wall kids. I think they're a lot of fun, especially on the carnival games. They get so into them because they can earn tickets for prizes.

The nice thing is that by the end of the day when the kids are now tired and cranky, their parents get to deal with them and I get to go drink booze.

#14 12 years ago

I hope you had a good time in Baltimore. I went when the "museum" was in DC, and it was pretty bad. 100 degrees in the place.. most games seemed to have a credit dot and played extra slow.. all the EM's were ridiculously slow and cost 75 cents.

The best part about the museum was getting to see and play BBB. I have no desire to go back.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

am going to Baltimore in a few weeks, where is the museum? Got a link? Also pinballerchef how far from the convention center? Thanks

Never knew there was one in Baltimore either. Definitely going to have to make a road trip. The fact that they have BBB and KP makes it a can't miss stop. Finally get to see what all the hype is about.

#16 12 years ago

I hope to hit both places someday (Natl Pinball Museum and Silverball Museum Arcade). A bit far of a drive for me. Also a far drive to head west and hit PHOF in Vegas, but that place is also on my bucket-list. I'll probably make it over to Pinballz in Austin, TX before too long.

the_pin_family: If anything funny happened on your adventure w/ the small gang of kids while driving or while at the museum, please share it w/ us. What machines did you like playing the most. Anything surprised you or was particularly interesting?

#17 12 years ago

Well that was a hell if a day!! 5 kids will wear you out! It was fun though. It's not quite what I expected but it's well worth the trip. Everyone had a blast and played everything many times. The room down stairs is set up as a pinball history tour. Very,very short. Takes like 5 min if you take your time. There's a few pins you can play down stairs but the excitement is on the second level. There's about 50-60 pins all set up on card readers that you get when you pay. There timed. 2 hours for $12, 4 hours for $15 and three day pass(fri,sat,sun) for $25. There a few(5-7) that cost a dollar, bills only. BBB, etc. Got there at 12:20. Didn't get busy till about 3:00 but it got real busy. Hard to find a pin open. Most of the pins were in decient shape. I feel there pain though. They were working on them as hard as they could. I talked to Silverman, the owner. He's a good dude, talked to me for a while. Ill post picks when these brats go to bed. JK, they all did really well today.

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

VERY close to the convention center...it's just up a ways following Pratt street...it's right where power plant live is. I live just outside the city so I am about 15 minutes away.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

Well that was a hell if a day!! 5 kids will wear you out! It was fun though. It's not quite what I expected but it's well worth the trip. Everyone had a blast and played everything many times. The room down stairs is set up as a pinball history tour. Very,very short. Takes like 5 min if you take your time. There's a few pins you can play down stairs but the excitement is on the second level. There's about 50-60 pins all set up on card readers that you get when you pay. There timed. 2 hours for $12, 4 hours for $15 and three day pass(fri,sat,sun) for $25. There a few(5-7) that cost a dollar, bills only. BBB, etc. Got there at 12:20. Didn't get busy till about 3:00 but it got real busy. Hard to find a pin open. Most of the pins were in decient shape. I feel there pain though. They were working on them as hard as they could. I talked to Silverman, the owner. He's a good dude, talked to me for a while. Ill post picks when these brats go to bed. JK, they all did really well today.

It does get VERY busy in there on weekends....you end up waiting in line for machines which sucks but at least it tells you the museum is thriving and pinball is alive....so not much to complain about. David is definitely a cool guy...glad you had a chance to chat with him. They have a 3rd floor in that building as well....I hope they open it to more machines but it was being used for storage when I seen it.

#20 12 years ago

I'm taking my Son there on Sunday. Glad it sounds like you had a good time.

#21 12 years ago

Hey TPF, did you go with the 2 or 4 hour pass?

#22 12 years ago

We got the 4 hour pass. It was just enough with 5 kids ranging from 5-14 yrs. just get there early so your not waiting on lines. Before 3 I could play everything with no lines. Take dollar bills with you, dosent look like they have much change for your $20's. Oh and don't buy any novus 2, it's $13 a 8oz bottle, lmao. The gift shop isn't much and it's expensive.

#23 12 years ago

Thanks. I would guess the rent is rather expensive down there so they get as much as they can while they have you.

#24 12 years ago

I don't fault the man. He's got big bills with rent in that neighborhood. Just thought It was funny with so many pinheads comming in there he would slap $14 on the novus2. I would think he could have a small parts dept with a moderate markup and he would sell much more. He had a few rubbers for sale and some pop bulbs also but I didnt look at the prices.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/going-to-the-pinball-museum-in-baltimore-md-with-five-kids-today-yayyy-ugh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.