You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

345 (resized).jpg
thats what she said (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
Warlock_Vol_1_9 (resized).jpg
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Never really thought I'd be excited to see a talking animal movie. This should rock!

#2 6 years ago

Going tonight,
Tagging this thread to come back after to see comments/feedback. Enjoy!

#3 6 years ago

Headed to Movie Tavern with my tankard right after work

#4 6 years ago

I'm in! Having a pregame bevy right now to get ready.

#5 6 years ago

I already got tickets for reserved seats for tomorrow night...looking forward to it.

#6 6 years ago

I'll be seeing this 3D in the IMAX soon!

#7 6 years ago

This theme should def make it into a machine soon. The soundtrack would be awesome

#8 6 years ago

Just got out. It was awesome! Definitely felt like it lived up to the first one.

#9 6 years ago

Saw it this morning, I really enjoyed it! and it felt very true to the first movie.

#10 6 years ago

Just got out it was good but more character driven then plot.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I'll be seeing this 3D in the IMAX soon!

Don't forget to ask for the sweet trading cards that make the even sweeter IMAX movie poster when you get your glasses.

I though the movie was as enjoyable as the first one and am looking forward to seeing where Volume 3 gets put since they're going to need that story arc to fit into 2018's Infinity War. (No spoiler? lol)

Quoted from Flato:

more character driven then plot.

Main characters were already established so why not flesh out a bit more of the emotional stuff so we can give a damn about them? *cough* Looking at you Rogue One! *cough*
Plot was good/solid enough... They guarded the galaxy did they not?

#12 6 years ago

I enjoyed it, lots of humor, but I couldn't believe the last 5 or 10 minutes, it ends with all the main characters bummed out. When the end credits started I was a little surprised thinking is that it? Wtf? Way to leave everyone walking out of the theater on a low note instead of laughing and pumped or with some humor. They did try and throw some in with an added short sequence in the middle of the credits, but still...

#13 6 years ago

I enjoyed it a lot. Now a few points. I had a stroke and three brain surgeries. I tell you this because my whole entertainment has changed in movies. At 49 I now love comedy more and longer is not always better.

Spoilers possible. Stop now.

The beginning was a great begining. Im seeing this more and more and I like it. The interaction between mantis and the team was fun. Just what a movie should be. Now why am I still thinking about that golden girl. Also I will see it again because of my brain surgeries. Once is not enough. I guess in more than one way. Peace!

#14 6 years ago

Saw the thread title - thought Sweet were going to be mentioned - not even sure if this track is in the movie actually?

#15 6 years ago

Saw it last night with my daughter and really enjoyed it. It was a good sequel. Now, bring on Thor Ragnarok! That movie looks awesome!

#16 6 years ago

I would've enjoyed this movie if everything had sucked except the one thing I was waiting for finally. Totally not the case, but yeah..that one thing was make or break for me.

#17 6 years ago

Good fun movie, wife and I both liked it. Will likely see again with the kids (5 & 8 girls) who are big fans of the first. I think they'll like it but there are definitely some SAD parts that will bother them.

And I'm especially hesitant about the part where

---> [ SPOILER ] <---

Baby Groot is knocked around/abused by the crew. This was hard to watch since he's basically an Toddler. He gets his revenge, but I might have to cover their eyes during this scene, or at least give them a heads up that it's coming, it will really bother them. Wife and I turned to each other during the scene and were like "Duuuuuude, wtf?"

Other than that really good, and yes would make a great pin!!

#18 6 years ago

Loved it! One of the best sequels in a long long time. Hit all the right buttons for me. Best 3D in a long time, too.

From the trailer, Thor: Ragnarok almost looks like a Guardians type of movie - I'm really looking forward to it and I don't really care about Thor.

#19 6 years ago

Laughed my Ass off! Great topical Jokes!

Havent enjoyed any movie as much since #1!

Only bitch, I was waited for Fox on the Run.......

#20 6 years ago

I thought it was pretty good. I had a fun time with it. It was good to see the gang again - their chemistry is great and the world is a ton of fun.

On the other side, maybe I'm just getting old, but I had issues with the amount of violence and language. So many dick/sex jokes and a lot of mass killings. There were times where I wasn't sure who the target audience of the movie was.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

There were times where I wasn't sure who the target audience of the movie was.

Not Mary Poppins, y'all!

I love that Guardians is the "weird" Marvel movie. I'm bored of the formula of most Super Hero stuff...it's nice that Guardians is pushing that PG-13 edge to be a bit naughty.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Good fun movie, wife and I both liked it. Will likely see again with the kids (5 & 8 girls) who are big fans of the first. I think they'll like it but there are definitely some SAD parts that will bother them.
And I'm especially hesitant about the part where
---> [ SPOILER ] <---
Baby Groot is knocked around/abused by the crew. This was hard to watch since he's basically an Toddler. He gets his revenge, but I might have to cover their eyes during this scene, or at least give them a heads up that it's coming, it will really bother them. Wife and I turned to each other during the scene and were like "Duuuuuude, wtf?"
Other than that really good, and yes would make a great pin!!

I didn't like that part either, but I think considering what they COULD Have done, and the fact that the scene in question was a setup so Groot could have his big moment of revenge, I think that was excellently written. It wasn't repulsive, but it was degrading and it made you hate those guys even more, making the revenge scene that much more fulfilling.

Rarely does a movie get made where basically EVERY beat worked. That's magic. The only thing that got a little old for me was Drax' belly laughing and the jokes. As somebody noted, some of the jokes were a little 5th grade, and I was with my 7 year old (yes I know it's PG-13). There were so many other smart jokes the dick jokes just seemed unnecessary. With Drax, Just by the end of the movie it was wearing a little thin. I am a big WWE and Batista fan, and that's literally the only thing I can even think of.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The only thing that got a little old for me was Drax' belly laughing and the jokes.

HAHAHAHHAHAHA! Drax is my favorite. His whole lack of filter schtick always makes me laugh.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

From the trailer, Thor: Ragnarok almost looks like a Guardians type of movie

My friends and I have been calling it Asgardians of the Galaxy. The director, Taika Waititi, also did a great underrated comedy back in 2014 called What we do in the shadows. I have high hopes for Thor.

#25 6 years ago

drax is awesome. A lot of subtle humor going on, I found it amusing, entertaining and all around well balanced.

#26 6 years ago

I'm getting really sick of Nebula and the whole whining/sister fighting aspect. If they just did away with her, that would be great. I only know GOTG from the movies, so maybe there's more there that they are building up to, but it's annoying as heck.

I have decided that the most valuable one on the team is Rocket. That little guy can make/do anything.

#27 6 years ago

Making rocket my favorite character was no easy task for them!

#28 6 years ago

Saw it this weekend with the family. Me and my wife were of the same opinion, they should have dialed back the comedy a bit. It felt like they shoe horned a few too many gags in the movie. The first had a much better balance between a serious journey and a very fun good time.

Just our 4 cents.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I have decided that the most valuable one on the team is Rocket. That little guy can make/do anything.

Including getting them into trouble. He's pretty much the whole reason for most of the mess they were in. He's good at making a mess and getting out of a mess, just like a real trash panda!

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

The interaction between mantis and the team was fun.

Gotta say, the moment Mantis touched Drax while he was stoically remembering his family....damn...

And the Yondu-Rocket connection was great! Also, I rolled my eyes and looked at my teenage sons when the Groot-Peter stinger came on. Totally true there.

Anyway, loved the movie, will be seeing it many more times. And, yes, the next set of MCU movies look amazing as well. Hela looks like an amazing character(Cate imbues her with the perfect level of crazy, IMO), and, of course, "He's a friend from work!"

#31 6 years ago

I just had a "philisophical" discussion with my neighbor on the Penis joke.

Drax, being unfiltered and an Alien, allows it to be asked, without the hangups of our society.

The Question was to a God, that if he makes Children, does he do so by giving himself a Penis?

Asking this question, and making it funny, and passing societal filters is tricky.

I think Drax, the character and the Actor does this in so many brilliantly written ways!

#32 6 years ago

Drax is definitely my favorite character in the GOTG movies. He is hilarious.

“When you’re ugly and people love you, you know they love you for who you are. Beautiful people don’t know who to trust.”

"It's beautiful and so are you...................................on the inside."

“You need to find a woman who is pathetic — like you”

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

On the other side, maybe I'm just getting old, but I had issues with the amount of violence and language. So many dick/sex jokes and a lot of mass killings. There were times where I wasn't sure who the target audience of the movie was.

The movie is PG-13 so the jokes are certainly not of a level that should be new to a middle school kid.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

HAHAHAHHAHAHA! Drax is my favorite. His whole lack of filter schtick always makes me laugh.

Me too - I was just searching for something I *didn't* like. best I could come up with - whatever the last 'joke' he had kinda fell flat for me (I forget what it even was).

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I'm getting really sick of Nebula and the whole whining/sister fighting aspect. If they just did away with her, that would be great. I only know GOTG from the movies, so maybe there's more there that they are building up to, but it's annoying as heck.

I thought that was done quite well, and a REALLY minor part of the movie. The one scene they had together where amy said "you wanted to win, and I just wanted a sister" was extremely well done, IMO. Hit home for a lot of people

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I just had a "philisophical" discussion with my neighbor on the Penis joke.
Drax, being unfiltered and an Alien, allows it to be asked, without the hangups of our society.
The Question was to a God, that if he makes Children, does he do so by giving himself a Penis?
Asking this question, and making it funny, and passing societal filters is tricky.
I think Drax, the character and the Actor does this in so many brilliantly written ways!

He specifically SAYS this after everybody gets all uncomfortable about it, too.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I thought that was done quite well, and a REALLY minor part of the movie. The one scene they had together where amy said "you wanted to win, and I just wanted a sister" was extremely well done, IMO. Hit home for a lot of people

Did you just refer to Nebula as Amy, as in Amy Pond?

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes, he became my favourite of the team! So great. Poor Rocket barely got any laughs this time, though.

"It's so much worse!"

#39 6 years ago

I saw it with my dad and brother and we enjoyed the hell out of it. The music, action, jokes, all of it.

Doesn't happen often but damn I want to go see it again.

#40 6 years ago

GOTG is definite Marvel's most enjoyable property. These movies just do so many things so well on so many levels. It's nice to see that the masses have fully embraced these obscure fringe characters. Can't get enough of them. The whole thing looks like it's something out of Heavy Metal magazine, rather than a Marvel comic.

All I know is that people are going to go crazy when the GOTG characters show up to interact with the rest of the Marvel Universe in Avengers Infinity War!

EDIT: Also looking forward to Thor Ragnarok & Spiderman Homecoming. And honestly DC is really not doing themselves any favors showing Justice League trailers in front of Marvel properties. Makes their efforts look so pathetic, it's almost comical (which is a shame since I grew up loving the old Battle of the Superfriends/Legion of Doom cartoons)

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

GOTG is definite Marvel's most enjoyable property. These movies just do so many things so well on so many levels. It's nice to see that the masses have fully embraced these obscure fringe characters. Can't get enough of them. The whole thing looks like it's something out of Heavy Metal magazine, rather than a Marvel comic.
All I know is that people are going to go crazy when the GOTG characters show up to interact with the rest of the Marvel Universe in Avengers Infinity War!

I can't wait! Avengers and Guardians vs Thanos!!! So big it has to be done in two movies.

#42 6 years ago

What about Adam and the cocoon...?

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

What about Adam and the cocoon...?

Adam Warlock. Another obscure marvel property. Just think what Marvel could do if they ever got their hands on Fantastic Four or the X-Men.

Warlock_Vol_1_9 (resized).jpgWarlock_Vol_1_9 (resized).jpg

#44 6 years ago

I understand a little from the Comics.....In the movie, Adam is to be created by the Sovereign to beat the Guardians...
Do they flip him and he becomes a Guardian to be part of the Battle against Thanos?

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I can't wait! Avengers and Guardians vs Thanos!!! So big it has to be done in two movies.

Except now it's supposedly only one movie...and one that's incorrectly titled at that. "Infinity War" as it was in the comics can't possibly happen in that movie next year, for many reasons. What it is, and should have been called, is "Infinity Gauntlet".

#46 6 years ago

Just got back from IMAX, reviewers say its not as good as the first, have to disagree I thought it built upon everything the first movie put in place and it was refreshing to have a character driven film for a change especially with characters you genuinely like and root for, even though they are a bunch of A-holes

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I understand a little from the Comics.....In the movie, Adam is to be created by the Sovereign to beat the Guardians...
Do they flip him and he becomes a Guardian to be part of the Battle against Thanos?

Gunn (GOTG director) has already said he won't be in Infinity Gaunt.....err...."War".

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Except now it's supposedly only one movie...and one that's incorrectly titled at that. "Infinity War" as it was in the comics can't possibly happen in that movie next year, for many reasons. What it is, and should have been called, is "Infinity Gauntlet".

From the way I interpreted the Russo's interviews around Avengers 3 is that Marvel where originally going to do it as two parts, but since bringing the Russo's on and them not being a fan of that style of story telling, they will now be two separate entities.

I look at it as a BTTF setup, individual movies sharing an overall arc as opposed to a Harry Potter Deathly Hallows set up where the second movie is the end of the first.

#49 6 years ago

Well, whatever they end up doing with it.... "Infinity War" will not be an accurate title. Because they're not going to have the starring character in it.

#50 6 years ago

The latest leak, which I think Zoe/Gamora let slip during an intervoew was and this is a weird one for anyone familiar with the comics, is the second one is Gauntlet

Could simply be a code name, but in the interview she says something along the lines of "yeah its been awesome fun shooting Infinity War, we are all like a family now, I cant wait to come back for Gauntlet".

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/going-to-see-guardians-2-sweet?hl=flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.